[Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

agenth

I love this show.  I couldn't wait to see the interaction between dr. Cha & Seung Tak next week, now that seung tak has openly started to communicate with dr. Cha.

I think the smoking black ghost could be the delivery guy who caused dr. Cha's accident.  He may still want to kill him.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

tvN’s “Ghost Doctor” recorded ratings of 5.711 percent, a new personal best compared to last episode’s 5.628 percent. The drama has seen a small but steady rise in ratings with each episode since its premiere last week.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/show-window-the-queens-house-break-new-record-for-channel-a-drama-viewership-ratings/#ixzz7HjCHFK77

• Like 2

3 hours ago, morningdew said:

I think the smoking black ghost could be the delivery guy who caused dr. Cha's accident.  He may still want to kill him.

I didn't thought about him, but it could be true. We don't know what happened to the guy after being taken from the ambulance.  

Btw. in the fourth episode the man who died wasn't turned into ghost, which means that the delivery guy is alive, otherwise he would be there, or is that a special case? Also, is TESS alive in that scenario? He is a ghost, but if soul dies with the body, then... how is he's there in the first place? Is his area of action larger and his body somewhere in the hospital? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It is getting interesting... then again, ive always liked korean medical dramas which is believable in its execution... never really watch Rain in anything except this... not bad..

But im concerned at ep4's starting... just using soju bottle and one can sterlised the knife and sissors? And just letting the blood drain on the street just like that..  the blood will not flow out anymore..from other parts? 

Im worried those who are crazy ebough and by watching ths clip would think that it can work and would try to do such procedure... 

There should have a disclaimer on the scene below.   Hmm..

I kinda expected SeungTak to see and hear Cha... now i want to see why SeeJin left him 5 years ago...

It is romatic when leads reunited after several years but i do wonder realistically  in the world, dont men and women find their partners easily after they broke up.. sigh... its great in drama but in reality, most jump into new relationships less than 3 months,  i bet ($1)......haha:lol:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

It is romatic when leads reunited after several years but i do wonder realistically  in the world, dont men and women find their partners easily after they broke up.. sigh... its great in drama but in reality, most jump into new relationships less than 3 months,  i bet ($1)......haha:lol:

I know people that did date after in real life, but it wasn't serious after the split.  I think split helps some people realize their love more actually.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

46 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

It is getting interesting... then again, ive always liked korean medical dramas which is believable in its execution... never really watch Rain in anything except this... not bad..

But im concerned at ep4's starting... just using soju bottle and one can sterlised the knife and sissors? And just letting the blood drain on the street just like that..  the blood will not flow out anymore..from other parts? 

Im worried those who are crazy ebough and by watching ths clip would think that it can work and would try to do such procedure... 

There should have a disclaimer on the scene below.   Hmm..

I kinda expected SeungTak to see and hear Cha... now i want to see why SeeJin left him 5 years ago...

I think he could be scare

*** This drama is really good & funny. I love the bromance. "Ghost Doctor", fighting! 

:popcornjackson:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rain And Kim Bum Finally Begin To Work Together In “Ghost Doctor”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Get ready for Rain and Kim Bum to forge an unusual alliance in tvN’s “Ghost Doctor”!

Helmed by “Heirs” director Boo Sung Chul, “Ghost Doctor” is a new fantasy medical drama about two doctors who could not be more different in terms of their backgrounds, skills, or personalities, but who end up combining bodies and spirits. Rain stars as genius thoracic surgeon Cha Young Min, while Kim Bum plays silver-spoon resident Go Seung Tak.

Spoilers

Hide contents

On the previous episode of “Ghost Doctor,” Cha Young Min finally realized that he had been mistaken in thinking that Go Seung Tak had interfered with Jang Kwang Duk (Lee Moon Soo)’s recovery. With that misunderstanding cleared up, Cha Young Min began to trust Go Seung Tak even more when the resident rushed to the hospital to save him from being transferred to another hospital by Han Seung Won (Tae In Ho).

The episode ended on a cliffhanger: after Cha Young Min’s spirit was knocked out of Go Seung Tak’s body by a passerby outside the hospital, he fell into danger of disappearing entirely.

However, just when it seemed that his spirit was about to evaporate, Go Seung Tak unexpectedly revealed that he was aware that a spirit had been possessing him and reached out with one hand to find him.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the unique alliance between Go Seung Tak and Cha Young Min’s spirit will begin in earnest. As the grouchy Cha Young Min looks on disapprovingly, the free-spirited Go Seung Tak brightens up the emergency room with his usual charming smile, even with his hands alarmingly stained with blood.

Kim-Bum3.jpgRain2.jpg

In another photo, Go Seung Tak appears to be moved by a patient’s passionate plea, suggesting that the resident—who typically keeps his emotions under wraps—may finally start to show some of the feelings he’s been hiding under his devil-may-care facade.

Kim-Bum-2.jpgRain1.jpegKim-Bum1.jpeg

The next episode of “Ghost Doctor” will air on January 11 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on previous episodes of the drama with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

3 Solid Reasons Why You Should Tune In To Rain & Kim Bum's Latest Fantasy Medical Drama "Ghost Doctor"

ghost-doctor.png

The latest fantasy medical drama topping ratings and stealing hearts left and right is none other than "Ghost Doctor", starring superstar Rain and the incredibly talented and beloved actor Kim Bum.

"Ghost Doctor" tells the story of a genius doctor Cha YoungMin who has extraordinary abilities and an extra dose of arrogance to go with it and a newly appointed resident Ko SeungTak, who just wants to get by in life.

Spoiler Alert!

largephoto1412860.jpg

tvN

Cha YoungMin is hardworking and indifferent whereas Ko SeungTak is a chaebol heir whose family owns Eunsang University Medical Center. However, all is not sunshine and rainbows in his family as power struggles and political strife overpower love and relationships. Soon after Ko SeungTak is appointed as a resident at Eunsang University Medical Center, Dr. Cha gets involved in a complicated case that ends up with his soul being cast out of his body, leaving him to wander the hospital as a "coma ghost". Surprisingly, he is able to possess only one body in this state: that of his presumed arch-nemesis Ko SeungTak. 

largephoto1412821.jpg

tvN

If that itself isn't convincing enough, here are 3 more reasons why you should tune into "Ghost Doctor"!

Hide contents

1. A Comfort Drama

largephoto1403582.jpg

tvN

"Ghost Doctor" features a range of colourful characters that fill up the screen with their vibrance and draw us in with their stories. The leading characters themselves are supremely interesting, especially with their past affecting their present in a major way. You will laugh, cry, sigh, and root for the characters that will endear themselves to you in no time. 

largephoto1401799.jpg

tvN

largephoto1412712.jpg

tvN

"Ghost Doctor" has the perfect balance of realism and fantasy that allows you to believe in its premise while also escaping from reality as we know it. At the end of the day, it's all love and every episode leaves you with a sweet aftertaste. If that's not a comfort drama, we don't know what is.

2. The Bromance

largephoto1403569.jpg

tvN

One of the biggest highlights of "Ghost Doctor" is the dynamic chemistry and push and pull between Dr. Cha and Dr. Ko. With both characters being polar opposites, there is quite a bit of tension between the two which creates some of the funniest scenes. However, as they begin to understand and discover each other's true selves, a genuine bond develops that is unbreakable.

This is the kind of bromance we love!

3. Justice / Revenge

largephoto1412692.jpg

tvN

At the heart of the drama, "Ghost Doctor" is about fighting against injustice and claiming one's identity by acknowledging and negating external influences that can often force one to put on a facade that is far from the truth. From the very first episode, we can see a storm brewing and a larger evil that looms over Eunsang University Medical Center. It will be interesting to see how our YoungMin x SeungTak duo roots it out and establishes a safer, healthier medical practice and more importantly, a just system. 

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/3-solid-reasons-why-you-should-tune-in-to-rain-kim-bum-latest-fantasy-medical-drama-ghost-doctor/

• Blob 1

2 hours ago, Fummagirl said:

I think he could be scare

Scared of?... and who are you refering to?...:)

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

I know people that did date after in real life, but it wasn't serious after the split.  I think split helps some people realize their love more actually.

Maybe.. but in this drama 5 years are long... and being doctors... hmmm...

Its funny to see Kim Bum getting roles these days... he used to be popular during BFF drama,  then i follow with interest his dating with MGY though they broke up after less than a year? And he went MIA for many years before suddenly popping up in dramas in the past few months... but good to see him... his character in BFF was decent, havent really watched him after that, until this... :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

This actually means they would want to help not stare at the lying person and waiting for someone else to do something in the first place. Sad, but true. 

(But I feel you, every time I'm watching a thriller or detective drama I'm wondering if they don't give people ideas...). 

Probably paramedics came in time with the necessary equipment and helped to stabilize the wound. 

(Also... If there were lungs, I don't thing it was possible in the time between the procedure and the ambulance appearance, but I don't have medical knowledge, so prefer the optimistic first option). 

but i do wonder realistically  in the world, dont men and women find their partners easily after they broke up...

Yeah, that's always gets me in romantic scenerios. Although in Dr Cha's case I would tell he is the type who would be in one relationship and not get involved after that. He is career oriented, smart and arrogant, which put people at bay, then isn't very social, has probably little to one opportunities, and even if he had met a woman, he might have too high expectations (or worse, comparing her to See Jin). Also might not want to be hurt without any reason like that. He doesn't strike me as a person who has many intimate, warm relationship. So if the one of first ended like it did with See Jin, I don't think he would try again and prefer to do something that give him both stability and safety - his job. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@Idylla Kaizoku... one of the several reasons i stopped watching CSIs years ago.. was because it may give criminals too much ideas on how to hide their crimes.  While the United States may have the up to date forensic science dept to solve crimes, sadly many other countires dont.. So yeah, after a while it gets depressing watching all those crime dramas, though i used to love it when i was young :D

Yes, a disclaimer on the procedures should be there somewhere.. even when i watched romantic teacher  kim.. when they just punctured someone's lungs or cut their sides as if it was a normal procedure, distresses me at time.. Wondering, really, can one really really do it so easily like that without killing someone..  :lol:

I worry too much:D

Dr Cha probavly was hurt from See Jin's leaving hence focused on his work within those 5 years... As SeeJin said, he changed.. from his attitude to his clothes.. which is good..

But my greatest concern....WhO HAS MANDU???? Where is Manduuuuu??? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

I worry too much:D

K-dramas treat some matters too careless, so there are reasons to be wary of them disclosure too much to wider audience. 

25 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

But my greatest concern....WhO HAS MANDU???? Where is Manduuuuu??? :lol:

YES! How dare to mess with Cha Mandu, Dr Cha's beloved baby? Who ever it was must have a great reason otherwise they're met very angry genius doctor. 

I hope Cha Mandu won't get tricked and stay strong in stranger's territory.

:wow1:

Fighting, Cha Mandu! 

Edited by Idylla Kaizoku
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #3): The Most Memorable Characters, Best Abs, and Worst Endings / Biggest Drama Disappointments of 2021

Please vote!

Now you can also vote for:

• the most memorable characters 2021
  • best abs 2021
  • worst drama endings / biggest drama disappointments of 2021

Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

They keep flashing back to when Dr. Cha was a resident and did that first surgery. I think Tess (or a different ghost) entered his body and did the surgery. But was he always a gifted surgeon or did the fact that a ghost went into his body improve his ability somehow. 

Have they mentioned why some people become ghosts and some do not....I don't think they have so far. 

Through the flashbacks I do like the Dr Cha and the ex-girlfriend. 

They have been hinting at the twist so I wasn't surprised. It works better this way now that they can interact with each other. I wonder what connects them. I don't think it can be simple family relationship. If it was I think the other ghosts would already know you can jump into the body of family. 

• Like 1

I'm casually watching this drama since others airing now has their own issues (I mean I Iike Uncle but overbearing moms determining political success i just... :huh::huh:).

Anyhow, I like KB's performance so far. I've only seen him in Law School so I'm not that familiar with his work, but I feel like Rain is not up to par. His performance is too tense and appears forced in some funny scenes.

The largest gripe I have is with the production crew. This ghost is actually reflected in mirrors, can open OP doors (and the operating team do not feel weird when nobody enter??). Can hold a cup and drink? Wouldn't others freak out when they see a floating cup?

Ooo 1 more - did they really need to intubate the patient whose chest was pierced? He was not unconscious at that time. Although it can be done, that patient was writhing in pain so some sort of sedation would surely be needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

The largest gripe I have is with the production crew. This ghost is actually reflected in mirrors, can open OP doors (and the operating team do not feel weird when nobody enter??). Can hold a cup and drink? Wouldn't others freak out when they see a floating cup?

During one of the scenes in Ep 4 explained that it was like a separate world. Like if they grab onto something it feels real in their hand but its hasn't really moved in the real world. When the other ghost pulled the chips off the shelf and it showed the shelf the chips were still there. I think they even split screen showed the doors when the ghosts opened it. To the ghosts it opens but in the real world the door doesn't move.

I've never seen this kind of rule in a ghost movie/show, but I guess they can make up their own rules

• Like 2