[Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

agenth

5 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

They have been hinting at the twist so I wasn't surprised. It works better this way now that they can interact with each other. I wonder what connects them. I don't think it can be simple family relationship. If it was I think the other ghosts would already know you can jump into the body of family. 

Maybe they both invite the ghost in first because they're so desperate to save a life.  Once invited they can come and go as please....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dzareth said:

His performance is too tense and appears forced in some funny scenes.

Isn't it the point? Dr Cha uptight attitude contrasting with lightness or irony of the situation? 

4 hours ago, dzareth said:

Ooo 1 more - did they really need to intubate the patient whose chest was pierced?

I honestly don't know for the medical point of view, buy as a kdramaland fan, yes, it was necessary. What is the procedure that viewers are most familiar except CPR on ER? And they definitely know even resident can pull it, though clamsy and inexperienced? Intubation. It was the point of the scene: Seung Tak was playing Dr Cha a prunk, because Seeing Tak acted like he didn't know how to do it, but it truth he wanted dr Cha to do the work. Or that was the impression Seung Tak wanted to give.  

3 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I've never seen this kind of rule in a ghost movie/show, but I guess they can make up their own rules

I kind of like rules they give ghost, also it must be pretty hard to film it like that in TV show. Also, at least we know how they changing cloths and that they can eat whatever they want. It makes it look less stressed and more normal, to be ghost.

8 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

But was he always a gifted surgeon or did the fact that a ghost went into his body improve his ability somehow. 

I think Seung Tak, if he starts taking matters seriously instead of hiding behind the mask of carefree guy, he will be also an excellent surgeon. In Dr Cha case it must be the matter of confidence and courage to go against people. He's arrogant attitude towards people might also originated from that event. They take him as a genius so he might feel to up to they expectations, and has skills and knowledge to pull it, and in the long run it become his second skin instead of trying to understand or explain that it wasn't him to end up as a lunatic, or worse. 

Have they mentioned why some people become ghosts and some do not....I don't think they have so far. 

Didn't Tess said in the first episode that ghost is a manifestation of a soul? Also in ep. 4 there was a guy who died and didn't turn into ghost, and Tess explained that with a body dies the soul, so there is not possible to turn into ghost? Also, we saw only, what Tess called them, 'coma ghosts'. We don't know yet what happens to those who died but has connection to the ghost world or has strong, negative emotions in the moment of dying.

I don't think it can be simple family relationship. If it was I think the other ghosts would already know you can jump into the body of family. 

It suggests that they have families to take care of them or visits them and until now there wasn't anyone, so we didn't saw them trying. Also, how could Tess possess the woman then? I'm more into the theory of an aftermath of a trauma and sensitivity to the spiritual world combined. Korea is a country where shamanism is still present in the culture, so it wouldn't be that weird, probably. 

Edited by Idylla Kaizoku
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Isn't it the point? Dr Cha uptight attitude contrasting with lightness or irony of the situation?

The point is there is a difference in performance quality between KB and Rain. KB handles the performance transitions between GST/CYM smoother compared to Rain. Actually I was also going to criticize how KB played GST like he was pretending not seeing CYM, but apparently GST really was pretending not to see CYM!

I honestly don't know for the medical point of view, buy as a kdramaland fan, yes, it was necessary. What is the procedure that viewers are most familiar except CPR on ER? And they definitely know even resident can pull it, though clamsy and inexperienced? Intubation.

And they can't have the patient faint first and loose consciousness? Even the best doctors will face trouble intubating one who is awake and twitching. No sedation? Although this drama has a supernatural element, they better not mess up the medic parts.

I kind of like rules they give ghost, also it must be pretty hard to film it like that in TV show. Also, at least we know how they changing cloths and that they can eat whatever they want. It makes it look less stressed and more normal, to be ghost.

Fair enough. Of course the show can establish their own fictional rule. It would be boring to see Rain wearing the same garb throughout the drama... I'll recognise the human/ghost world parallels. But I won't accept ghost+human reflected in the same mirror. It's just weird. If we were seeing CYM's perspective, its fine. But in the general sense of things is lazy production.

The fact that GST pretended not to see CYM makes me think he can see ghosts. Maybe not all though. Tes seemed to know him well so what might be the link? The lady doctor who can slap out the ghost could be from a shaman family or she has some sort of amulet. Looking forward to the next episode.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

They keep flashing back to when Dr. Cha was a resident and did that first surgery. I think Tess (or a different ghost) entered his body and did the surgery. But was he always a gifted surgeon or did the fact that a ghost went into his body improve his ability somehow

I honestly thought that this was the case in the beginning but now I'm not sure about it. I wish Seung Tak could gain confidence to execute surgeries. He'd be unstoppable.

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

The point is there is a difference in performance quality between KB and Rain. KB handles the performance transitions between GST/CYM smoother compared to Rain. Actually I was also going to criticize how KB played GST like he was pretending not seeing CYM, but apparently GST really was pretending not to see CYM!

Well, to be really honest, I became a fan of Kim Bum because of his acting skills. I remember I got so impressed with his emotional performance as Lee Rang in The Tale of the Nine Tailed, I promised I'd watch all of his future dramas. He did absolutely great as Han Joon Hwi in Law School and now he's just being amazing as he use to be playing Seung Tak. His acting is very natural in Ghost Doctor, once again, I'm so proud of him!

This is the first time I'm watching a drama with Rain and I'm finding his performance really good but I agree that Kim Bum's acting is slightly better than his in Ghost Doctor. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dzareth said:

The point is there is a difference in performance quality between KB and Rain. KB handles the performance transitions between GST/CYM smoother compared to Rain.

You might be right. I honestly didn't pay that much attention to it. I thought that any kind of off feeling was because Kim Beum was making most of it, like being one person in one second and other in the next, while Rain was going in the middle, of sort, so it was harder to sync the whole motion. But it isn't that important to me, just like how it looks in general.

And they can't have the patient faint first and loose consciousness? Even the best doctors will face trouble intubating one who is awake and twitching. No sedation? Although this drama has a supernatural element, they better not mess up the medic parts.

Every medical drama messed medical part at some point. If someone is more acknowledge with medicine, they probably cringe, because it's more like average viewers level of knowledge, which oftentimes is null and goes into dramatic rather than standard protocol. Also, technically, Seung Tak didn't start when the patient was awake, so they waited until he fainted...

But honestly, I don't know if the stuff did that on purpose (so the change between awake and unconscious help viewers to recognize that something alarming happened), or they just didn't care. Maybe both. 

But I won't accept ghost+human reflected in the same mirror. It's just weird. If we were seeing CYM's perspective, its fine. But in the general sense of things is lazy production.

I'm not sure which scene are you referring to. It's still TV show production, so less budget and time to polish, also there will probably be some mistakes made during the editing no matter the type of production. Viewers are in a different position to see those small details than people involved who probably saw the same thing hundreds times missed, simply hadn't seen some errors.

Tes seemed to know him well so what might be the link? The lady doctor who can slap out the ghost could be from a shaman family or she has some sort of amulet

I'm wondering if Tess was in the same scene with Seung Tak, except the one from first episode...? Only until Seung Tak walks away, Tess shows up. 

Soo Jung seems as someone who believes in spiritual world, because she asked...  I think it was a doctor from ER, if he believes that Dr Cha was  possessed by a ghost or if that is possible in general for a doctor to be possessed and perform a surgery. 

• Like 1

My question his this

Spoiler

Kb can see ghost that mean he could see the rest Tess and the rest of the ghost and in the preview said   What these two up to like saying like a father figure he said is name was Socrates not his real name why? He is dead why he hide is name

• Like 1

*** The latest episode ended with Go Seung Tak asked for Cha Young Min helping him for the surgery, which means that the latter who has became a spirit after the car accident is visible to Go Seung Tak. I'm curious on how the two will work together and find out the truth behind the accident.   'Ghost Doctor' airs on tvN every Mondays and Tuesdays at 10:30 PM (KST).     :twerk2:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

'Ghost Doctor'  behind-the-scene poster filming of Rain and Kim Bum

thumb-6def0ed90f9e309a4d773c0c57b0b350_1

photos source : korea.com

• Blob 1

5 hours ago, Fummagirl said:

He is dead why he hide is name

Spoiler

He might be an important figure in the hospital or someone important to dr Cha personally, which means he don't want to be recognized. 

I've just get an idea that somehow... Maybe they were together in some sort of incident, so they aren't connected by blood but by circumstances? Maybe the woman Tess possess is also somehow involved (probably not, but who knows)? 

• Like 1

*** This drama is good.   :sweet:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 Reasons Why Viewers Are Hooked On Rain And Kim Bum’s Drama “Ghost Doctor”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ghost Doctor” has caught the attention of viewers with its intriguing plot and characters!

Helmed by “Heirs” director Boo Sung Chul, “Ghost Doctor” is a new fantasy medical drama about two doctors who could not be more different in terms of their backgrounds, skills, or personalities, but who end up combining bodies and spirits. Rain stars as genius thoracic surgeon Cha Young Min, while Kim Bum plays silver-spoon resident Go Seung Tak.

Spoilers

Hide contents

So far, the drama has recorded a personal best viewership rating of 5.711 percent, and there is a steady rise in ratings with each episode since its premiere.

Here are three reasons that viewers have been hooked on “Ghost Doctor”:

Rain and Kim Bum’s extraordinary chemistry and hilarious synergy

From the first episode, people were drawn to Rain and Kim Bum’s bromance. The two actors flawlessly immersed into their roles and made the viewers burst into laughter at their hilarious interactions. Cha Young Min, who became a ghost, freely possessed Go Seung Tak’s body, and Go Seung Tak, who had known this, cried out, “Die! Get away from me! You darned ghost! Leave me alone!”

At the end of the fourth episode, Go Seung Tak, who was about to undergo an important surgery, revealed that Cha Young Minw as visible to his eyes, hinting that they will officially join hands and raising expectations for more excitement to come.

Interesting plot development and relationships

Not only does the drama make viewers laugh breathlessly, but the unique side stories further upgrade the immersion of the plot. In the last episode, there were hints that chairman Jang Kwang Deok’s (Lee Moon Soo’s) operation on the day of Cha Young Min’s questionable traffic accident is somewhat connected to Cha Young Min.

In addition, the intertwined relationships between the characters add more entertainment. Jang Se Jin (Uee), Oh Soo Jung (Apink’s Son Naeun), Tes (Sung Dong Il), Han Seung Won (Tae In Ho), and Ahn Tae Hyun (Go Sang Ho) have their own stories, and it will be interesting to see what kind of relationships they form with Cha Young Min and Go Seung Tak.

Mystical subject: medical fantasy

Lastly, “Ghost Doctor” is attracting viewers with a different genre called “medical fantasy.” The story of a “coma ghost” at the border of life and death in the setting of a hospital is refreshing and new.

On top of that, the fact that Cha Young Min, a brilliant doctor, can only possess Go Seung Tak, a clumsy doctor, brings more engrossing experiences that makes viewers always anticipate what will happen next.

“Ghost Doctor” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Watch the drama below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Blob 2

*** Rain in "Ghost Doctor" plays arrogant thoracic surgeon Cha Young-min and gets to pick and choose his patients. He can afford to be picky, since he is known for his “god hands” that have given him a 100 per cent success rate in the operating room. Young-min rules the roost at Eunsang University Medical Centre but his dominance comes under threat with the arrival of the equally arrogant new resident doctor Go Seung-tak who is being groomed to take over the hospital, which is run by his family. Sensing the threat, Young-min tries to put Seung-tak through the wringer, but the new resident turns out to have an intimidating medical knowledge, in addition to his silver spoon. Young-min quickly knew on Seung-tak’s one major weakness – he is disgusted when it comes to blood and anatomy. Meanwhile, Young-min is called on to operate on VIP patient Jang Kwang-deok (Lee Moon-soo), the chairman of a powerful corporation, but he’s faced with a dilemma: proceed with a dangerous operation or allow the chairman to live for another year in comfort. Further complicating matter is Kwang-deok’s daughter Se-jin (Uee) who is Young-min’s ex-girlfriend. One evening Young-min is mysteriously involved in a car accident. He steps out of his vehicle in a state of stunned confusion and attempts to go to the aid of another victim, but discovers that no one can see or hear him. Then he turns around to discover his comatose self in the car. Young-min’s body is brought to Eunsang and he needs open-heart surgery. But that late at night, the only person who can step into surgery robes is the on-duty doctor – Seung-tak. Being book smart, Seung-tak quickly identifies the problem, but performing the procedure is another matter. Young-min’s spirit is beside himself with worry in the operating room – and then something unexpected happens. When he puts his hand on Seung-tak’s wrist, his consciousness is transferred to him. As later explained by longtime ghost Tess – Young-min has become a “coma ghost”. While his body is undecided on the edge of life and death, Young-min is doomed to monitor the halls of Eunsang, but he’s unable to travel any further from his body. No one can see or hear him, except for a mysterious cleaner who can commune with the dead, and a few other coma ghosts in the hospital. However, Young-min differs from other coma ghosts since he is able to take over Seung-tak’s body to help him perform complex procedures. Seung-tak is the only person he can use, and this technique even affords him an opportunity to go beyond the hospital walls.   :heart2:

The real selling point of "Ghost Doctor" is the interactions between Young-min and Seung-tak, or rather the many & various instances of Young-min taking over Seung-tak’s body. Seung-tak is a brighter personality compared to the

stuffy and reserved Young-min. When the latter takes hold, Seung-tak loses his smile.    :shaq:

Yet four episodes in, the show is already starting to change.......................  "Ghost Doctor" is streaming on Viu. 

:kaching3:

image_588.jpg?itok=M_bPztPt

6882ea58-a184-4566-9c92-c5276ee6e370_cd3

photos source : AsiaOne

• Blob 2

On 1/14/2022 at 1:08 AM, Idylla Kaizoku said:
  Hide contents

He might be an important figure in the hospital or someone important to dr Cha personally, which means he don't want to be recognized. 

I've just get an idea that somehow... Maybe they were together in some sort of incident, so they aren't connected by blood but by circumstances? Maybe the woman Tess possess is also somehow involved (probably not, but who knows)? 

That why

Spoiler

he is not Socrates that mean he close to rain o  kb meaning of either he is the father of  rain   That was said he doesn’t have a family  or what was the reason. 

• Like 1

Every time I see the photo with Dr Cha and Seung Tak making a surgery I like the drama a bit more

:hwaiting2:

I honestly expected that they treat the whole idea of a doctor turned a ghost like the usual scary matter with the vengeance seeking spirit or something similar, but it's actually kind of the upside down approach - ghosts are funny, supportive and... well, normal. The drama also explains why things are happening and don't leave many loose threads which is refreshing. It's lighter to watch it that the theme and title suggests. 

11 hours ago, Fummagirl said:

That why

Reveal hidden contents

he is not Socrates that mean he close to rain o  kb meaning of either he is the father of  rain   That was said he doesn’t have a family  or what was the reason. 

You might be right.

Spoiler

I think that maybe Tess is someone who's responsible for Dr Cha not having a family. If he's Seung Tak father, then he could have been a doctor in the hospital and maybe he'd made a wrong decision or something. It would connected those three in a different way.

But to be honest, it's probably the family connection somehow, so girl can dream, yet should expect the usual.

Spoiler

:hotinhere2:

I'm curious about Han Seung Woo character to be honest. Are they trying to give him traits of a fall yet redeemable character or he's that kind of a cold, sociopathic person who's lurking in the calm facade to strike straight into the heart. I kind of like him in the way and has a feeling that he's not a lost case yet, but will see. He's an interesting enigma like his cousine. Curious about their backstory and their connection to dr Cha (either directly or via mutual 'friends').

Edited by Idylla Kaizoku
  • Like 1

Ghost Doctor Highlights! Rain and Kim Bum meet too often: "I've seen you more than my wife recently, and occasionally I imagine what you would be like if you were my wife"

139459-931519.jpg

tvN drama "Ghost Doctor" is currently on the 4th episode and the ratings continue to rise.

In the show, the chemistry between Cha Young-min (Rain) and Go Seung-Tak (Kim Bum) is funny and hilarious! Because Cha Young Min is the soul, no one can hear him even with a series of speeches.

139459-931518.jpg

The latest behind-the-scenes video has also been released recently, and the private interaction between Rain and Kim Bum is also super funny!

During the break, they were discussing about coffee. Kim Bum said that he does not drink hot coffee. Rain was shocked when he heard it: "Why? Isn't coffee meant to be hot?" The staff next to him said, "But it turns out that a person likes hot coffee as they age. The older you are, the more you like to drink it hot!" Kim Bum immediately emphasized that he only drank Ice Americano, while Rain explained that he only drank it when he was at the age of 20.

139459-931513.jpg

Kim Bum showed his great ability to recite lines, and Rain immediately praised: "Yeah~ Kim Bum! It's great, really recite it. That's great!" Seeing Kim Bum fall to the ground, Rain immediately stepped forward and asked, "Are you alright?" There goes the "happy son and worried father".

Hide contents

139459-931514.jpg

As usual, the two proceeded to the operating room for filming. Rain: "Ah~ but really... I really want to break free from the operating room! We're always here together!” Rain added, “I’ve seen you more recently than my wife!” Kim Bum also said that he’s seen Rain more often than his mother, Rain: “Sometimes... (I) would imagine what would happen if you were my wife." Kim Bum laughed when he heard it.

Hide contents

139459-931515.jpg

Ending in episode 4 turned out that Go Seung-Tak has always been able to see Cha Young-min's soul, just pretending not to know. In the preview of the next episode, the two started arguing again, and we are looking forward to the development of the plot in the next episodes!

Hide contents

139459-931516.jpg

source : Korea Star Daily

https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/139459?fbclid=IwAR1b-aGVUmzotbImAW953_mQh_eFN2KgF5unKOTBZoJJooqPMfa9Ebvb5WE

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

《Ghost Doctor》花絮!Rain和金汎太常見面:「我最近見你比我老婆還多,偶爾會想像你要是我老婆會怎樣」

tvN月火劇《Ghost Doctor》目前播至第4集,收視持續上升中。

劇中,車英民(Rain 飾)和高勝卓(金汎 飾)的化學反應有趣又爆笑!因為車英民是靈魂,所以即使劈哩啪啦講完一串,也沒有人可以聽見,一有問題他就會附身在高勝卓身上,而高勝卓則常一臉懵、只背九九乘法。

最新幕後花絮也在近日公開,Rain&金汎私下互動也超好笑!

休息時間在討論咖啡取向,金汎說自己不喝熱咖啡,Rain聽到超驚嚇:「為什麼?咖啡不就是要喝熱的嗎?」旁邊的工作人員就說:「但是原來就有...年紀越大越愛喝熱的!」金汎馬上強調自己只喝冰美式,Rain則解釋自己20歲就這樣喝。

在會議上,高勝卓沒有遵照指示為張會長注射肝素,金汎一樣展現無法逾越的台詞背誦能力,Rain馬上稱讚:「呀~勝卓呀!

太棒了,我們勝卓,哎唷~真的背得太好了!」看到金汎摔在地上,Rain馬上向前問:「你沒事吧?」字幕打上「開心的兒子和操心的父親」XD

兩人一如往常地到手術室進行拍攝,Rain:「啊~但是真的...好想逃離手術室!」金汎:「那就放飯時間讓你出去一下,其他時間都要和我一起在這裡哦!」Rain又說:「最近見你,比見我老婆還多!」金汎也表示見Rain比看到媽媽次數還多,Rain:「有時候...(我)會想像你要是我老婆會怎樣。」金汎聽到直接大笑。

第4集的 Ending 帶來反轉,原來...高勝卓一直都可以看到車英民的靈魂,只是在假裝不知道。下集預告中,兩人又開始鬥嘴,很期待之後的劇情發展呢!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** In the new stills, Cha Young Min and Jang Se Jin preserve an awkward distance between them. This episode of “Ghost Doctor” airs on Monday January 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch the drama also on Viki.  :heart3:

New stills from “Ghost Doctor

• Love 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Week of Jan 10-16, 2022

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-week-of-jan-10-16-2022/

Monday, Jan. 10      
Moonshine 7 KBS 5.4%
Our Beloved Summer 11 SBS 4.2%
The One and Only 7 JTBC 0.8%
Ghost Doctor 3 tvN 5.6%
Show Window: Queen’s House 13 Channel A 7.6%

Tuesday, Jan. 11      
Moonshine 8 KBS 5.4%
Our Beloved Summer 12 SBS 5.2%
The One and Only 8 JTBC 0.7%
Ghost Doctor 4 tvN 5.7%
Show Window: Queen’s House 14 Channel A 8.4%

So... The episode 5. 

Tess isn't the father of Seung Take and Seung Tak has started seeing ghost (probably) after an traumatic accident.

That makes sense, and gives us glimpse of the Go family issues (that scene before and inside the elevator was great, both actress were great, I've even cringe at the end).

Seung Tak you...! One moment you thing he's nice guy, saving animals and all, then you discover he has an ulterior motive.

I suspected (jokingly) that Cha Mandu was kidnapped, yet didn't expect it was for a ransom! How could anyone do that to poor, innocent baby? Maybe it's time for a little campfire in a certain blue car? 

:isannoyed:

It was a good episode, and quite informative. I like how they handle mysteries here, without much of dragging and unnecessary drama. Also they're explaining things in an offhand manner, just enough info to not get bored. 

And romance part if nice, subtle, but also let you feel them.

Edited by Idylla Kaizoku
  • Like 2

He care about children but I think he using as leverage because he was even in ghost they don’t change  but still they still related somehow second he didn’t ask on the first operating but I think something on about his dad because he cry because he die to save him may be he told him something the guy look old enough to  e rain father but the grandpa was watching the operation meaning they are swing the resemblance of them  two

• Like 1

*** Although both Cha Young Min and Go Seung Tak are present in Han Seung Won’s office, the latter can’t see Cha Young Min in ghost form.  Many truths has been revealed in to this episode.  In another set of stills, Go Seung Tak and Cha Young Min get into what appears to be a childish fight.  Unfortunately, this scene is witnessed by Jang Se Jin (Uee), who is very confused at only being able to see one side of the fight.  This episode of “Ghost Doctor” aired

last night January 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST.      :wut:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ghost Doctor" new stills

rain-kim-bum-tae-in-ho-ghost-doctor.jpeg

kim-bum-rain-ghost-doctor.jpeg

source : http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=218447

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20220117_0001727434&cID=10601&pID=10600

• Blob 1

*** Tension rose in this episode because Kim Bum and RAIN gets caught up in a petty fight. On the IG clip below, Ko Seung Tak annoys Cha Young Min by teasing him by throwing his prized possessions out the window. For Cha Young Min, his suits and trousers are one of the important items since he loves everything about fashion and looking good. In the video, Go Seung Tak barged into Cha Young Min's office and saw a trunk full of his clothes. Since the duo are now inseparable because Go Seung Tak can now see and feel Young Min's presence. In episode 4  it was revealed that Go Seung Tak can see and hear Cha Young Min after he was rushed to the hospital due to a car accident. So, picking one of his favorite shirts, he opened and placed his hands outside the window while holding the garment.   :sweet:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘Ghost Doctor’ Episode 5 (January 17)

ghost-doctor.jpg?w=600?w=650

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY0SfZElxth/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=caafd58d-0a1c-4311-8966-39b7725de565