[Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

agenth

Rain And Kim Bum Talk About The Challenges Of Playing Each Other’s Characters In “Ghost Doctor”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

On January 3, tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Ghost Doctor” held an online press conference with Rain (Jung Ji Hoon), Kim Bum, Uee, Apink’s Son Naeun, and director Boo Sung Cheol.

“Ghost Doctor” is a medical fantasy drama about a genius thoracic surgeon named Cha Young Min (Rain) and a silver-spoon resident Go Seung Tak, who could not be more different in backgrounds, skills, and personalities but end up combining bodies and spirits.

About taking on a drama in the “medical fantasy” genre,” director Boo Sung Cheol said, “As a director, you want to try different genres. This is a combination genre of the medical and fantasy genres. In order to bring the fantasy to life, getting the medical part right is important, so I worked hard to prepare.”

About casting Rain and Kim Bum, he said, “The two matched really well. If Rain is the engine, then Kim Bum is the headlights.”

ghost-doctor.jpeg

Rain said, “I think the drama will have the feeling of a respirator. I used to watch ‘General Hospital’ and stay up all night watching it. I want ‘Ghost Doctor’ to be a drama like that. I have a lot of respect for the director for creating such a vision. When I saw the teaser, even the sound had a fairy-tale quality. It’s a family-oriented drama, so everyone can enjoy it.”

Kim Bum said, “I had to act as if I had Rain’s character’s soul in my body, so I observed Rain for several months. When Seung Tak has Young Min’s soul in him, we called him ‘Seung Tak G.’ I tried to imitate his habits and act like what it would be if he were in my body. For example, there would be differences in our strides when we walked. Or I would put my hands in the pockets of my doctor’s coat, but he would put his hands in his pants pockets. We tried to make those differences stand out.”

As a result of the drama’s concept, the two lead actors had to memorize more than the usual amount of lines and movements. Kim Bum said, “When Rain is in my body, I had to do his lines, and he had to do my lines sometimes as well. We had to memorize all of each other’s lines. That was a new experience for me.”

Rain added, “We had to know each other’s actions and movements too in order to recreate them exactly. Since I couldn’t just focus on my own part, I had to have more concentration than usual.”

rain.jpeg

Hide contents

rain.jpegkim-bum.jpeg

About why he chose the drama, Rain said, “I read a lot of scripts, but I remember thinking ‘Ghost Doctor’ would be really difficult to do. It felt like it would be a really hard path to take from start to finish. There were so many lines, and since it was fantasy, there would be CGI as well. There was also romance between the characters, and we’d also have to pull off the medical part well.

But when I met the director and writer, I felt a sense of certainty.”

He shared how his immersion into his character, Cha Young Min, had gotten him in trouble with his wife Kim Tae Hee. “Cha Young Min is proud, selfish, and speaks brutally to others,” he said.

“He’s the king of the hospital. When I made a mistake at home, I accidentally spoke like Cha Young Min does. Hm, it would be a problem if this became the headline. I think I’ll stop here.”

uee.jpeg

Uee plays neurosurgeon Jang Se Jin, who is Cha Young Min’s ex-girlfriend, while Son Naeun plays emergency room intern Oh Soo Jung, who believes in supernatural phenomena and miracles.

Uee said, “In order to play a character who seems cold on the outside but is warm on the inside, I cut my hair short and straight. I also studied medical terms in order to properly play a doctor, and watched a lot of videos. I’m excited and nervous to show the viewers a character that I’ve never played before.” She added that this was her first doctor role and said, “I joined because the script was so fun. I’ve never worked with Rain, Kim Bum, and Son Naeun before, so I thought this was a good opportunity. I also really wanted to play a doctor, since I’ve never done that before.”

son-naeun.jpeg

Rain praised his co-stars, saying, “I think Uee and Son Naeun really worked hard on the drama.

When I heard them speak and intonate without making mistakes, I realized how much work they had put in. I realized that they must pour their blood and sweat into studying for their roles. I think that the past six months that we invested in the drama weren’t wasted. My chemistry with Kim Bum is beyond words. My first filming was with Son Naeun, and she was so good that I was taken aback. From our very first scene, I could feel that our chemistry was good. Uee was so perfect at memorizing lines that there was no room for ad-libs. Even the parts where she breathes are the same every time. I would rate everyone’s work 100 out of 100.”

“Ghost Doctor” premiered on January 3 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Check out a trailer below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

*** I'm excited to watch the next EP.    :sweet:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Bum Takes Over The Surgery Room As Rain’s Spirit Possesses His Body In “Ghost Doctor”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

tvN’s new drama “Ghost Doctor” unveiled a sneak peek of what will happen in the upcoming second episode!

“Ghost Doctor” is a medical fantasy drama about a genius thoracic surgeon named Cha Young Min (Rain) and a silver-spoon resident Go Seung Tak, who could not be more different in backgrounds, skills, and personalities but end up combining bodies and spirits.

Spoilers

Hide contents

On the first episode of “Ghost Doctor,” Cha Young Min called Go Seung Tak, the resident who crushed his authority, a “mouthy doctor with no talent.” However, Cha Young Min gets into an accident, and his spirit ends up possessing the body of Go Seung Tak.

The newly released stills preview a shocking moment in the operation room. In the photos, Go Seung Tak is performing surgery. Previously, Go Seung Tak went running away whenever he had to participate in an operation. However, after Cha Young Min possesses his body, he shows a 180-degree change in attitude. His solemn gaze exudes charisma, and he’s completely focused on saving the patient before him.

Oh Soo Jung (Apink’s Son Naeun) eyes Go Seung Tak with doubt. She’s suspicious of his different personality, but she’s also amazed by his talented surgical skills. She soon gets lost in thought, and curiosity is mounting over how she will react to the transformed Go Seung Tak.

On the other hand, Jang Se Jin (Uee) is completely shocked by the scene before her. Viewers can anticipate another exciting episode as these four doctors come across another dramatic crisis.

ghost-doctor3.jpg

The production team shared, “Today’s broadcast will depict the complicated story of the four people (Cha Young Min, Go Seung Tak, Jang Se Jin, and Oh Soo Jung) who is up a creek without a paddle. Please pay attention to the exciting relationship between Cha Young Min and Go Seung Tak, who end up combining bodies and spirits. Please also look forward to Jang Se Jin and Oh Soo Jung’s meaningful actions.”

Episode 2 of “Ghost Doctor” will air on January 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Catch the premiere below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** "Ghost Doctor" is currently airing..................     :popcornjackson:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

5 new Korean drama series to look out for in January 2022

2021 was a banner year for K-dramas and, while 2022 has a lot to live up to, there’s still plenty to look forward to as the industry goes from strength to strength.

A case in point is the line-up of drama series launching in January, which features several enticing productions, some of them timed for release around the upcoming Lunar New Year holiday.

Among them are a pair of hospital-themed dramas, and a highly anticipated high-school zombie show from Netflix.

1. Ghost Doctor

Kicking off the 2022 K-drama calendar will be the medical drama Ghost Doctor , which will mark the return to our screens of global icon Rain (Jung Ji-hoon), last seen on Korean television station MBC’s Welcome 2 Life three years ago, alongside Kim Bum (Law School).

In the drama on cable channel tvN, the pop star will play Cha Young-min, a brilliant but arrogant doctor who finds himself involved in an unexpected case which transports his consciousness into the body of another doctor.

Kim plays Go Seung-tak, a resident doctor who is the grandson of his hospital’s founder, and the son of its current chair. 

Ghost Doctor will be available on iQiyi and Viu from Jan 4. You can also catch it on tvN (Singtel TV CH 518, StarHub TV CH 824) every Tuesday and Wednesday at 9.15pm. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : AsiaOne

• Like 1

I am enjoying this drama. 

The motorcycle guy is obviously suspicious and part of a setup, but by who. The motorcycle guy crashed too so I am wondering is he dead? 

What is going on with Dr Ahn? Why did he spend all that time just staring at people with that look on his face. Also suspicious. Especially when that test was ordered for Dr Cha. 

I love Tess.

I don't know enough about the ex-girlfriend to make any opinions about her. 

I wonder what connects the two male leads. There has to be a reason why he can only possess that one person. 

I think if they don't kill off Dr. Cha at the end and he lives he will not have any memory of his time as a ghost. But prob subconsciously keeps whatever lessons he learns while being a ghost. However, I am not sure how that works if he starts communicating with Go Seung Tak. 

• Like 2

• gm4queen changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터 - Rain, Uee, Kim Bum - Mon & Tue @ 2230KST
11 hours ago, Fummagirl said:

They said that Kim bum and rain is somehow connected how we need to see more episode.

Hm..

I wonder since  they say Dr. Cha has no family on record to contact if maybe they were blood related somehow.  

In the fantasy world maybe Dr. Go is the sensitive psychic type that is rare and easily get possess.  Hence he was traumatize by blood, but then that would make it dark and their bond not so special.

Can't wait to see what everyone else come up with and how the story unfolds.

What I really want to know is what's up with Dr. Go's crush's hand.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hm..

I wonder since  they say Dr. Cha has no family on record to contact if maybe they were blood related somehow.  

i think they are related why we go ask his mom that he wanted to be a singer or a actor she in way no they most be a reason I think that my theory that they are brothers or at least half brother.

• Like 1

ghost doctor press conference

Rain, Uee, Kim Bum and Son Na Eun attended the media conference of their new medical-fantasy drama, Ghost Doctor. All four actors were quite colour coordinated and seem like a good team. The drama kicks off January 3 on tvN.

20220103_1425351305561693802694540.jpg?w

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2022/01/03/ghost-doctor-press-conference/

• Like 1

Spoiler

Why Tess wasn't  surprised that Seung-Tak knows his name, just the fact he sees him? He has this hopeful expression and looked disappointed when Dr Cha revealed his identity.

I like this drama so far. A bit chaotic between the end of the first and the beginning of the second episode, but other than this it's pretty interesting story. 

I picked so many clues about possible plotlines. 

But the most important is... Mandu must be feed and taken care of. I hope we won't loose him/her in the plot in next couple of episodes. 

Like the chemistry between leads. All are packed by personality and different worldviews. 

The rest is under spoiler, because I have wild imagination :)

Spoiler

A. Tess is the ghost that possessed Dr Cha while he was intern and operated, just like Seung-Tak. 

B. Seung-Tak was possessed by a ghost in the past, now he has episodes (he multiplies to copy with it). There can be other explanations, but for this K-drama it looks most possible.

C. Tess is someone who Dr. Cha might know (either a figure of authority or from his life).

D. Because Seung-Tak was possessed in the past he is more sensitive. Maybe he was in coma, so he has feelings for these patients... He talked to them, which isn't that common to do it in front of other people and to patients who isn't family or close friends.

E. Tess is a ghost who Seung Tak saw as a kid n hospital, but stopped for some reasons.

Hope next episodes will be also interesting and show more moments between two ML. 

Edited by Idylla Kaizoku
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Can Seung Tak really hear him by ep3 i wonder... 

It's possible. They share body three times now, and it's usually around third episode when characters become aware of each other. 

Generally, I've thought it'll more scary and full of those horror like ghosts, yet it turned out to be pretty similar to a fairy tale, with the golden... dust? around dr Cha and other ghost being normal, not some... rotting kind of spirits.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Interesting theories...

And yes Mandu need to be fed!

Chaotic indeed the first two episodes, needs to move a bit faster for some parts...

Can Seung Tak really hear him by ep3 i wonder... 

Hoping that maybe he hires a cleaner that comes every so often and they can save Mandu.  I wonder if they'll even remember to mention mandu again though.

Wonder why not more people watching/commenting?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hoping that maybe he hires a cleaner that comes every so often and they can save Mandu.  I wonder if they'll even remember to mention mandu again though.

If we're honest, they probably will, but we can still hope that Mandu won't turn out into a one-episode animal character left to be remembered by a couple of viewers.

:approves:

18 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

The genre is a bit misleading probably. A lot of dramas those days with ghost/spirits theme turned out to be more like a horror than fairy tale. Ghost visually look like creeping creatures. If it's paired with medical genre (in hospital in addition), then it's just one way ticked to scary story. So it's a challenge for the stuff to make it look as a lighter kind of drama. 

Also the editing of the first episode made seem as... sloppy. It has a purpose but on the first sight it doesn't appeal as a good one. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

It's possible. They share body three times now, and it's usually around third episode when characters become aware of each other. 

Generally, I've thought it'll more scary and full of those horror like ghosts, yet it turned out to be pretty similar to a fairy tale, with the golden... dust? around dr Cha and other ghost being normal, not some... rotting kind of spirits.

Yes, not scary scary stuff... which i think is good, to draw in more audience, to show that if ghost doctors exists, they are not actually mean things... and we cant scare the kids away from the hospitals... hehe...

18 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Lets hope, for Mandu's sake that someone will save it! ...:lol:

Perhaps people are waiting for reviews from others on the drama... for me, i didnt really want to start it early, perhaps after 4 episodes as i do not want to wait for the suspense at ep3, but with no other drama to watch, i just downloaded it after 2 episodes were subbed...

I just wanna say, i dislike ^coconut^ hairs in general, literally.... hence when i see seung tak's hair, im just... :mellow::crazy:...  annoyed... how can a doctor have unkept hairs!...urgh.. its unhygenic.. :angry::D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Perhaps people are waiting for reviews from others on the drama...

That may be the case too. It's a bit early, and it doesn't have any advantage (like being adapted from a novel or a game), so it needs a bit of time for people to hear about the drama or read reviews.

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

, i dislike ^coconut^ hairs in general, literally.... hence when i see seung tak's hair, im just... 

Maybe they're trying to manifest his views on the doctor's duty with his appearance. He treats it like something passing, doesn't try to learn from the best or even learn anything practical. Taking care of his hair isn't that different. Seung Tak is as far of professional as this drama can get him without jeopardizing the resident character, who would transform into a good doctor one day.

• Like 1