[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

On 4/1/2022 at 11:36 PM, Lmangla said:

for a drama called "the second husband" -- we have yet to officially meet the second husband.

Well, JK thought in today's Ep 149 that it would be SC, and told him that.  We will see who will be whose second husband.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, Kristin Chen said:

No preview for tomorrows last episode?  I guess they don't want to spoil the plot for the last episode hahahaha Man, I don't know how they plan to wrap this up. 

Yes, no preview and neither YJK or YDK caught yet....with 26-27 mins left, it will be very very rushed indeed!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maribella said:

YJM's not going to die. He is hooked on kdrama IV and his hair is nicely combed. 

Goodness, how could he die? :relaxed:

Have faith @Newbie21SG

And I love how they use the same

story line that the JM is in danger and we’ll see if he gonna wake up and recover or succumb to his death. Whatever! 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG poor JM he needs to wake up.

JK and SH are still jerks.

Aww no SC knows JK was just using him.

SM give SJ evidence on JK.

No Promo, looks like this will be rushed eh.

I can totally imagine them doing time jump and a 5 minute happy ending if we are lucky LOL

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, lilybeth baah said:

Off topic but what's the drama that's replacing this?

"A Secret House (비밀의 집)" starring  Seo Ha Joon, Lee Young Eun, Jung Hun, Kang Byul, and Lee Seung Yun.

Here's the thread for it:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Kristin Chen said:

No preview for tomorrows last episode?  I guess they don't want to spoil the plot for the last episode hahahaha Man, I don't know how they plan to wrap this up. 

No problems, don't worry.  In 5 minutes they can wrap up the loose ends.  The Korean police suddenly become really smart at the end of long dramas where they are useless all through.  SC can send the chairman to catch JK, and the police can trap both of them at that place where BSH and JK are now.  Meanwhile kDrama IV that always does magic when needed, wakes up JM.  Maybe they show MSH in jail for gambling.  Maybe SC owns up to his compliance and somebody says he will only serve a short time in prison.  They don't even need a time-jump but they might do that anyway.  Expect a nice wedding ceremony for JM and BSH with Taeyang walking his mom out.  Perhaps SM is shown to be sitting with the bakery oppa at the wedding, indicating they have started something.  JK's and MSH's moms may be shown to be fighting over a customer to sell fish, far away in Namhae in the south :)... That is that!

But, I am sadly resigned to not getting closure on the real mystery. Whatever happened to the buffoon triumvirate - the bakery grandpa, his son, and the gold digger? I am dying to know and can hardly wait.  But they may never tell me, and it will leave me for ever with a void in my life after this drama :)...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

So Episode 149 ...

And the absurdity continues ...

- When last we visited the villa, you could drive right up to it, but now it seems you have to trek through a "hunting ground"?  BTW - that whole dialogue between BSH & Jae-Min was ridiculous

- Chicken Mom gives up her last bit of money to her son telling him not to gamble in an emotional farewell speech ... after which he goes right out and does ... and gets arrested.  Y-A-W-N

- So after 149 episodes ... Soo Chul is the "Second Husband"???  That my friends is just so stupid its AWESOME! :lol:

- Fun with translations ... did JK actually call MSH a "doughnut"? :joy:

- JK must really love MSH, every time they break up, she has to call him and tell him how much he's going to really regret it ... this time :rolleyes:

- My girl Sang-Mi, for the 4th time, delivers critical info to BSH, and then under the weight of her family's misdeeds seems to give up, and says goodbye ... :cry:  

6be2ys.jpg

I knew he'd come around :blush:

- You guys don't really think BSH will get stabbed do you?

So ... Predictions for the 150th (supposedly last episode)

- We're gonna have a time jump ... my guess is 3 to 5 years

- Jae-Min survives ... no surprise there

- Jae-Min and BSH marry ... no surprise there either

- I think Hae-Ran or SC will step between JK & BSH and get stabbed ... she/he may die

- Jail time ... DK & JK ... maybe MSH

- Dae-Kook name change back to Bong Confectionery 

- Jae-Min will sing for us one more time

- Prison Unni and Jin-Ah still running successful PI business

- Sang-Mi returns a successful (insert new career) and Bakery Oppa asks her out (finally) :wub:

... Bakery Dad & Bakery Uncle were never seen again ...

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Penultimate episode rating: 8.2% (1.32m viewers).

Seoul area: 7.9% (856k viewers).

They will be lucky to reach 9% in the last episode. Quite unlikely to reach 10% again! 

The serial should have ended at Episode 120...period. Since the resumption post Winter Olympics, the rating has been dismal. These 30 episodes just fly by for nothing.

• Like 4