[Drama 2022] Grid, 그리드

larus

3 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

I watched the last episode.

I don't understand a single thing.

hahah .... me too.  I kind of expected that though.  The ending seems to be the beginning of the real story.  

1 hour ago, Cherryblossom18 said:

The last episode was confusing, however I wish Sae Byeok ended up with Sae Ha. That cliffhanger, there’s a possibility for season two. I’m going to miss this drama. 

yes, i agree, i wanted her to be with him

it's obvious that she's in love with Saeha 

But she has a baby with her ex, it seems he didn't know about this befor he come back to both them ta ke hers for their safety

i think that Saeha in the ending is not a Saeha from another universe or timeline because he hugs Sabyeok, so i think he was saved by the ghost

So many questions, but i don't know if i want a season 2

the actor ML is in military service now

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

I hope there will be a Season 2, I need answers.  Too many questions right now.  If there is really a Season 2, we will have to wait until SKJ comes back from miltary service.

17 hours ago, Cherryblossom18 said:

I wish Sae Byeok ended up with Sae Ha.

Who knows, since Saeha's alive, may be the two Sae's will end up together in Season 2 .... but I'm cool with either way SaeHa x SaeByeok or SaeByeok x Eojin.

• Like 1

Grid: Episode 10 (Final)

by solstices

grid10_0.jpg

Time doesn’t flow, but our drama must come to an end. Actions coalesce into devastating consequences, and our protagonists must once again transcend the boundaries of time to hold on to what they treasure.

EPISODE 10 WEECAP

Yay, I was right last week — it turns out Ma-nok’s escape was indeed orchestrated by the Bureau, since they think the Ghost will likely show up for Ma-nok if she still has a use for him. A researcher detects 106 microteslas of electromagnetic radiation in Sae-ha’s skin, and Sun-wool realizes they can use radiation levels to pinpoint the Ghost’s location. Deciding to use Sae-ha as additional bait, Sun-wool dispatches the administrative team onto the field.

Things go awry, however, when an unknown masked man purposely collides with Ma-nok and removes the GPS tracker on him. The Bureau loses track of Ma-nok, but Sae-ha ends up walking past his hiding spot. Overcome with traumatic memories at the sight of his father’s killer, Ma-nok lunges at Sae-ha and drives a crowbar into his stomach.

He’s about to go in a second time for the kill, but luckily Sae-ha is saved by the agents who arrive in the nick of time. They shoot Ma-nok with a tranquilizer dart, knocking him out.

As Sae-ha collapses to the ground, we flash back to a conversation between him and the Ghost. Sae-ha asks her how many more must die, and her silence is enough answer — the last one is him.

The Ghost says that successfully setting up the grid is the only way for the future generations, including hers, to be born. No matter how many times she’s tried to find a different path, this is the only one that’s worked.

Sae-ha asks when his time will run out, and it seems like that moment is now. Bleeding out on the asphalt, tears leak from his eyes as he apologizes to his mother for leaving her behind. By the time Eo-jin and Jong-yi make it to the scene, Sae-ha’s no longer alive.

The next we see of the Ghost, she’s observing happy couples in a park when time suddenly stops. It doesn’t seem to be her doing — her disc isn’t lighting up — and all of a sudden, we’re brought back to the moment of Ma-nok’s escape. Except this time, without the Ghost and her motorcycle blocking Sae-byuk’s peripheral vision, she notices Ma-nok running away.

She immediately gives chase, but she loses track of him and bumps into Sae-ha instead. Immediately tearing off his earpiece and lapel camera, he updates Sae-byuk on the Bureau’s plan as they walk.

Yet again, they end up in front of Ma-nok’s hiding spot. Angered by the visible bruises on Sae-ha’s neck from Ma-nok strangling him, Sae-byuk lets out a tirade against Ma-nok, scoffing that she should’ve just shot him back then.

Furious, Ma-nok bursts out to smash Sae-byuk’s head in with a wrench, but yet again, time stops. The Ghost appears, grabbing Ma-nok’s hand in midair… except the masked man from before suddenly materializes with a flash of blue light, knocking her to the ground.

Both teleport away to fight, leaving the scene to continue playing out. Sae-ha whirls Sae-byuk around just as she instinctively fires her gun, and Ma-nok drops to the ground, dead — but his wrench is bloody. Having been hit in the back of his head, Sae-ha falls to his knees.

Tearfully, Sae-byuk cradles Sae-ha and urges him to hold on, but it’s too late and he dies in her arms. Above them, the fading Grid resolidifies upon Sae-ha’s death.

Eo-jin and Jong-yi rush to the scene, barely missing Sae-ha’s final moments, but they don’t get a chance to grieve before Sun-wool snaps at them through their earpieces — the Ghost is next to them.

The agents try to shoot, but time stops yet again — both time travelers’ discs flash, and they kneel down next to Sae-ha and Sae-byuk respectively.

With their discs, they form separate force fields, and the Ghost uses that pocket dimension to connect telepathically with Sae-byuk, who asks her if she came to save Sae-ha. The Ghost doesn’t answer, but it seems like a mutual understanding has been reached, and she dissolves the force field.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/grid-episode-10-final/

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

[2022 Year in Review] Guilty as charged

by solstices

In a year inundated with legal dramas, I’m actually surprised I didn’t watch that many despite my interest in criminal law. Perhaps that can be attributed to how many of these dramas simply use the courtroom as a tried-and-true (but decidedly trite) method of engineering conflict, or maybe it’s simply the oversaturation of lawyers that dulled their appeal. Or perhaps it’s because this was the year I finally got around to playing The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, which was such a profoundly phenomenal blend of investigating and lawyering that it put many dramaland offerings to shame. (If you want an intricate mystery with lovable characters, quirky humor, and a thought-provoking emotional core, this game’s for you.)

Still, if I were to sum up my drama-watching year of 2022, a courtroom analogy seems like the most fitting way to do it. Juggling university and writing for Dramabeans meant that I often had precious little free time, pushing me to be a lot more critical of the media I consume (and a lot more ruthless in dropping shows that just weren’t satisfying). Just like a prosecutor picking apart deceitful alibis, I found myself poking holes into lackluster plots. One-dimensional characters could barely hold my interest for long, and I was quick to tire of subpar acting.

Yet on the other hand, I couldn’t help but defend certain dramas for their merits, too. Perhaps it’s my inclination to view things with a charitable lens, or perhaps it’s simply my fondness for K-dramas as a storytelling medium that propels me to give them the benefit of the doubt. Either way, I found that many dramas lingered in my mind for their memorable highs rather than the low points where they faltered.

And so, without further ado — the game is afoot! What reprehensible crimes have this year’s K-dramas committed, and do they deserve to be condemned to the gallows? Time for the verdicts, served up with a side of my favorite quotes from The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Grid

grid6_team.jpg

Crime: Telling a very, very complex tale

Expectations were understandably high following Forest of Secrets, mine included. As a result, our faith in writer Lee Soo-yeon’s abilities often warred with our gradual realization that perhaps the plot was getting a little too complicated after all. Still, I found that I quite enjoyed Grid’s cerebral questions and ambitious world-building. I’ve always been interested in time travel theories, and I think that kept me invested in the show even as its plot grew increasingly convoluted. Grid definitely required lots of pondering (and running my fingers through my hair in frustration as I struggled to figure out how to translate its ideas into a recap), but I thought it was well worth the effort by the end. Neverending mysteries and questionable action sequences notwithstanding, Grid was a thought-provoking show that was commendable in its courage to try something new.

Verdict: Guilty, but as a nerd: that’s not necessarily a bad thing!

TGAAC quote: “And at the end of it, I finally realised. No one else chose the path for me. I chose it myself.”

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/2022-year-in-review-guilty-as-charged/

• 2 weeks later...

Soompi Forum Awards: Poll #3 - The Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022.

kdr7sTk.gif

Dear Chingus, Vote for the Most Memorable Characters, The Worst Drama Endings, The Most 'Too Stupid to Live' (TSTL) Characters of 2022!

re: Your  friendly, neighbourhood EO Team: 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl