[Drama 2022] Grid, 그리드

larus

I think the Ghost did all this to get Sae Ha involved so that he would time travel, etc. I think he plays a role in the deployment of the future. Same for saving Kim Ma Nok - it was to get Sae Ha involved with Sae Byuk and she would help him get to her...

Also, I assumed that Sae Ha is the resercher's son and that after his death, his mother had to work at the factory and that is when she got sick. We all assumed that he was the janitor's son but he was not at all. The janitor's son, like Director Choi found out, died after his father's death. Sea Ha's is the little boy whose voice we hear when the researcher first calls home to say he won't be coming.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

I think the Ghost did all this to get Sae Ha involved so that he would time travel, etc. I think he plays a role in the deployment of the future. Same for saving Kim Ma Nok - it was to get Sae Ha involved with Sae Byuk and she would help him get to her...

That`s what I think also because it is the explanation that makes the most sense. Whoever sent him the video knew that Sae ha will go after Ghost. That`s what was supposed to happen.

We saw/found out in the first episode how Ghost created Grid to protect the Earth. She came from 2091 (another information that we found out along with time doesn`t flow). They must have known that sometime in 2022 or 2021, Sae Ha will come back in time to change the past. I want to know more about the theory they are working in this drama. If time doesn`t flow and if they are talking about block universe theory, when Sae Ha traveled to the past he didn`t change it, he just make it the way it is, and always has been. So, he will come back again in the past (it is a must) and let Ghost put the Grid because this is what must supposed to be happening (we saw it in the first episode).

• Like 1

I am officially confused after watching today's episode.

:crazily:

I think the janitor's son is Kim Manok the killer because of the injured eye scene. Still doesn't explain why the ghost is helping him? She feels guilty for killing his father? Are they implying he turned into a killer because of how he saw his father killed in front of him?

I am still confused about the family name of Se Ha. In the first time line he was Kim Se Ha and then he became Kwon Se Ha???

If ghost is coming from future to establish grid. Why does she come alone? Why she doesn't bring a whole team with her of future people to make nobody gets killed? They could easily prevent those useless deaths if they do it correctly. Why they send just one person from the future for such an important mission?

Why the ghost became dust when Se ha time travelled? And how come she didn't disappear the second time he time travelled when they killed the janitor together? (that was a horrible scene btw :( )

Why no one would let the scientist finish saying what she wants to say regarding the DNA of the ghost >:( It seems her DNA is destroyed from the sun's radiations because she lived a life without the grid. The time travelling had no effect on her DNA.

Why did Se Ha let the ghost go free after realizing that he can't change the past? What does it do to free her?

Why did the ghost inject his mother what's the point of making him think his mother is dead??

Edited by Photo Photo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cherryblossom18 said:

A lot had happened in episode eight. I didn’t expect Sae Ha to protect Sae Byeok from the explosion. I think he secretly cares for her. I’m glad she got more screen time. It looks like Sae Byeok is stuck in the same timeline as Sae Ha.

Yes it did wow, I think so as well to both.

• Like 1

It was an intense episode.

Until today I thought that the boy who witness the death of the janitor was Sae Ha. :D Oh boy! I was confused why Sae Ha`s father was talking on the phone with his son and later we see the boy with the janitor. I was confused. The boy have a name, Ji won, and that boy is Kim Man Ok. That`s a good revelation. And here is the connection between the serial killer and the ghost and grid. All those events in the past traumatized him and now, in the present, he is a crazy murderer.

But why Ghost is "protect" him now? What she wants from him?

I like the little changes in the present. Sae Ha was his mom back, the bureau director is alive, Eo-Jin is alive and Sae-Byeok and Eo Jin are talking without resentement. But I wonder if things are really fine. Every time they want to change the events or save someone, other people dies. I am still not sure why Grid can not be without the deaths. Why they had to kill the janitor in front of his son. 

Two more episodes to see. Let`s see how his drama ends.

• Like 5

Grid' Writer Lee Soo-yeon praised Kim Ah-joong-pyo's 'adult melodrama'

KUPVEGICYXXLNDSV2FDUCSBIXM.jpg

Kim Ah-joong gave a rain in the genre. It's not a sweet roco, but it's Kim Ah-joong-pyo's 'Black Melodrama' with bitter love and hate. The drama was instantly moistened by the melodramatic acting of Kim Ah-joong, the chief of the narrator.

In the 8th episode of Disney+ 'Grid' (played by Lee Su-yeon, directed by Regan Park Chul-hwan, produced by Arc Media Ace Factory), which was released on the 6th, Sae-ha Jung (Kim Ah-joong) met the shocking death of her ex-husband Song Ein (Kim Mu-yeol). (Seo Kang-joon) moved through space and time. Fortunately, Song Ein and the deputy director (Jang So Yeon) returned alive from the moved space and time, but the pursuit of Kim Manok (Kim Seong Kyun) and the ghost (Lee Si Young), who were liberated by this, started again. With mystical questions still unsolved.

Jeong Sae-Byeok , who witnessed the moment of her ex-husband's death, created a different atmosphere than before. When looking at Eo Jin, she looked forward to a change in the relationship between the two with her eyes that felt relieved that she was lucky to be alive and a softer attitude. In particular, Kim Ah-joong raised viewers' expectations with a deeper love-hate black melodrama as she maintained subtle tension even without a sweet romance in the setting of a divorced couple with Song Ein, and drew a response to wish the two of them reunion.

Writer Lee Soo-yeon, who wrote the play before the airing of 'Grid', was monitoring 'Grid' and said, "I want to see Kim Ah-joong's adult melodrama." Kim Ah-joong's 'adult melodrama' mentioned by writer Lee Su-yeon is drawn as a new type of melodrama called a love-hate black melodrama in the genre, and the tension and subtle chemistry that only Kim Ah-joong can lead makes the narrative more solid.

Kim Ah-joong's 'Grid', who leads the 'epic restaurant' with such deep acting, is released every Wednesday at 4 pm on Disney+.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/04/07/BWO5WBBY7AWF23KAPU4DNMTI6I/

• Like 4

New Event Alert!:hooray:

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas :offtospace:

Hop into a time machine with our latest event and go back in time or hurtle into the future with memorable and iconic Time Travel K-Dramas.  :eats2:

Vote for your favourite Time Travel K-Drama now!:piggydance:

Your event organizers:

3 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

Seriously??

How did Kim Manok esacape with such high security???

0-O

I think they intentionally let him go.  They put a tracker on him.  As to how he figures his way out without running into anyone inside the building, that's a little far-fetched.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Before Sae Ha time travel, it was the Ghost who had unstable DNA (and might probably be dying).  I don't understand why, after Sae Ha got the device from Ghost and he time travelled, his DNA becomes unstable (at least this is what I get from the drama so far) but Ghost's DNA goes back to normal.  Why?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, my0t1 said:

Before Sae Ha time travel, it was the Ghost who had unstable DNA (and might probably be dying).  I don't understand why, after Sae Ha got the device from Ghost and he time travelled, his DNA becomes unstable (at least this is what I get from the drama so far) but Ghost's DNA goes back to normal.  Why?  

I am as confused as you. I am thinking that her DNA is a sign of her disappearing (ceasing to exist). It slowly gets broken and then she disappears. But when Se Ha time travelled something changed that made her DNA stable?

• Like 1

One more episode. I hope we`ll have a satisfactory ending and we have answers to all the questions.

Grid: Episode 9

by solstices

grid9_0.jpg

More answers are unearthed, and our leads slowly begin to connect the dots that led them on this journey across time and space. Many secrets can no longer be concealed, and while some affirm our characters’ theories, others pull the rug out from under them.

EPISODE 9 WEECAP

Sae-byuk pays Sae-ha a visit at his house, where they discuss the death of his father. It turns out that this timeline’s Sae-ha had previously shown Sae-byuk the CCTV footage of his “father” (whom we know to be time-traveler Sae-ha) and the Ghost murdering the janitor.

When Sae-byuk asks about his time-traveling experience, Sae-ha tells her that he couldn’t travel further into the future than the time he originally came from. Sae-byuk offers up her own nugget of information too; back when the Ghost’s disc made contact with her arm, Sae-byuk had seen an image flash by, though she isn’t sure what it was.

Sae-byuk catches Sae-ha up to speed on Ma-nok’s latest murder of the cleaning lady, and Sae-ha informs her that Ma-nok is the janitor’s son. Connecting the dots, they realize that the Ghost must be related to Ma-nok — she time-traveled back to help him out, and if anything goes wrong in that plan, she ceases to exist.

That’s one answer gained, but there are still a slew of questions remaining — such as, why did the Ghost pretend to harm Sae-ha’s mother with a mere vitamin shot? Upon learning of this, Sae-byuk huffs, incredulous and perplexed. Now that he’s seen the events of 1997, though, Sae-ha has an answer. The janitor wasn’t the crucial link, his father was.

Still, Sae-byuk isn’t certain that the Ghost has been protecting Ma-nok all this while, since she killed his father right before his eyes. The Ghost has demonstrated her ability to teleport with other people, so why didn’t she use it before?

Before Sae-ha can make a guess, though, they’re interrupted by loud car honking. Hahaha omg, Eo-jin is parked outside Sae-ha’s house and holding up the traffic, since he’s (cutely) jealous over who Sae-byuk is meeting. Please, I want them to get back together already!

Unfortunately, Eo-jin drives off before Sae-byuk and Sae-ha make it outside to check on the disturbance. Sae-byuk asks Sae-ha how it feels like to have his father lauded as a hero, and Sae-ha replies that his father may not actually be a hero, but at least he got to spend time with him, and he now has a face to remember his father by.

“So that’s what you left behind,” Sae-byuk muses, and oh, Sae-ha’s small, sad smile at the acknowledgement of his sacrifice…

The next day, Sun-wool witnesses Sae-byuk leaving an orphanage. Sun-wool questions the warden, who reveals that Sae-byuk came to ask her about Ma-nok, who grew up in the orphanage. Sae-byuk isn’t the first, though — apparently Jong-yi had come to ask about him before. (I assume that was under Sun-wool’s orders?)

The warden repeats what she told them; Ma-nok had been found on a market street. He hadn’t been able to speak at first, so the orphanage had given him the name Kim Ma-nok. Having been previously adopted by the janitor at the age of one, he’d grown up thinking them to be his real family, until his stepfather died and the rest of that family abandoned him.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/grid-episode-9/

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, Photo Photo said:

I am as confused as you. I am thinking that her DNA is a sign of her disappearing (ceasing to exist). It slowly gets broken and then she disappears. But when Se Ha time travelled something changed that made her DNA stable?

I'm so confused to the point that I just treat every episode as a new episode :saitama:...there's so many questions that goes unresolved and now we are at the end of the drama. So if Kim Man Eok shares the same DNA - paternal and Sae beuk maternal as the Ghost, wouldn't it mean Sae Beuk and Kim Man Eok are related??? 

Plus are they not going to go back to their original timeline??? Where are their duplicates then? :wut:

On 4/17/2022 at 12:27 AM, SuZy Leoo said:

So if Kim Man Eok shares the same DNA - paternal and Sae beuk maternal as the Ghost, wouldn't it mean Sae Beuk and Kim Man Eok are related??? 

Kim Man Ok and Sae Byeok are not related at all.  However, Kim Man Ok's grandson and Sae Byeok's granddaughter will meet and that will be the time when Ghost will be born.

Plus are they not going to go back to their original timeline???

No, we are no longer in the original timeline.  We are in an alternate timeline of which Kim Sae Ha intervened (time travelled) and thus became the culprit of the murder of Man Ok's step father (the janitor).  The timeline we are watching now, only Sae Ha is from the original timeline whereas the rest are of the alternate timeline (and this is why everyone refer Sae Ha as Kwon Sae Ha instead of Kim Sae Ha).  

Where are their duplicates then? 

Sae Ha explained to Sae Byeok that he could not travel to the future; he could online time travel to the past.  This is why there is only one instance of him .... if he time travels to the past, the moment he's in that 'past', he is creating a new timeline and thus the Sae Ha in that 'past' timeline ceasts to exist the moment Sae Ha time travel back to this 'past'.

• Thanks 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2022] Grid, 그리드