[Drama 2021] Happiness, 해피니스- Han Hyo-Joo, Park Hyung Sik & Joo Wo Jin

larus

i've seen the spoilers (well mostly from twitter feeds) and decided that I'll watch ep 9-10 next weekend and do a marathon up to ep 12.

Now to my theories (I also got some influence from twitter posts LoL). Someone in twitter said that the blood in SB's jawline was YH's and that he did that so the zombies would smell his blood and not go after SB since YH is infected. That would explain why YH has bloodied arms too (although technically he could have just cut his palm again and the blood wont go all the way up to his arm but oh well I decided I like this theory). Someone else pointed out too that YH did not have blood spots on his face/mouth area so its an indication that he did not bite someone.

He's on the rooftop again. In the first episode he did tell SB he didnt really plan to jump he just wanted some air to think (or something about his injury). I would like to think that SB would again go to the rooftop to save him.

I'm still confused about Andrew's character. What is his motive for killing, first the one whom he stole his identity from, next the other residents of building 101 who are sorta nice (cleaning lady and SH. I consider SH still nice compared to the other residents). There's gotta be more to his character.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, NhicarT said:

I'm still confused about Andrew's character. What is his motive for killing, first the one whom he stole his identity from, next the other residents of building 101 who are sorta nice (cleaning lady and SH. I consider SH still nice compared to the other residents). There's gotta be more to his character.

He’s showing all the traits of a serial killer?  When SB opened the backpack, all the ID cards fell out?  It’s like he was collecting them?  Serial killers have trophies from their kills.  I am still not sure if he’s infected or not because so far the kills that we know he’s connected with have had their necks chewed?  Did he do that to mimic the zombies or is he an actual zombie and he bit them?  

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

@NhicarT Oooo I like that theory! From episode 11 preview, I knew that Lee Hyun didn’t bite anyone but I was wondering why his arm was all bloody. I also noticed in the 11 preview that the infected went after Sae Beom while they were running. Hence confirming he is infected while Sae Beom is not.

Andrew definitely does seem like a serial killer or murder, seeing how he got into the apartment with someone else’s ID. What I’m wondering is if he’s infected or not and possibly has the mutated variation of the virus like some people mentioned since Han Tae Seok did say that the apartment was an “experiment” for how the virus thrives in a natural environment. Based on the wounds of Kim Se Hoon and the cleaning lady, it seems like they were either killed by a) being bitten by the infected? or b) Andrew slashing their neck. Didn’t Oh Joo Hyung say that the cleaning lady was killed by an infected though? Regardless, Andrew is definitely a killer and looks like there will be trouble for our couple next episode

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Happiness: Episode 9

by quirkycase

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Happiness09-00214.jpg

Our leads find themselves on the defensive and work to prove they’re not a danger to the residents. In the process, everyone discovers there might be more infected among them than they’d assumed. While the residents deal with yet another tragedy that leaves everyone shaken, our lieutenant colonel gets news on the treatment front.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

Young-ok leads the charge into Sae-bom and Yi-hyun’s place with a shame-faced Jung-kook in tow. Joo-hyung sneaks off and starts rifling through their things, looking for the Next pills Yi-hyun confiscated. He tells Yi-hyun he wants them so he doesn’t die if he gets bitten – the pills kept his wife alive after having her head bashed in, after all.

Joo-hyung wonders if Seo-yoon is safe here and makes the terrifying suggestion that he could take care of her. Apparently, he likes kids. Thankfully, no one tries to forcibly take Seo-yoon away.

After getting her way, Young-ok joins everyone else waiting anxiously in the hall. Sae-bom grows increasingly angry and marches out into the hall. She suggests everyone have their little meeting about her and Yi-hyun’s fate at Young-ok’s place, earning a glare from Young-ok.

Yi-hyun smooths things over and leads Sae-bom back inside. Jung-kook follows and asks Sae-bom whether she truly doesn’t feel sick. Sae-bom just says she’s disappointed in him.

Sae-bom’s little revenge worked and everyone decides the best place to meet is Young-ok’s, so she has no choice but to let them in. Outside 501, Yi-hyun assures Jung-kook that Sae-bom is fine and warns him not to trust the others.

Inside Young-ok’s, everyone is shocked at how bare the apartment is. While they discuss kicking out Yi-hyun and Sae-bom and taking their supplies, Andrew slips out to go warn the couple. Sae-bom tells Yi-hyun to stay with Seo-yoon and runs upstairs with her apple-peeling knife still in hand.

She arrives as Jung-kook tries to convince everyone to let them stay. Things escalate when Joo-hyung tries to swipe Jung-kook’s gun. Sae-bom kicks Joo-hyung to the ground, and then Jung-kook pulls the gun on her. Sae-bom easily grabs it from him and trains it on Joo-hyung.

He dares her to shoot but cowers when she actually pulls the trigger. He’s so scared he pees himself, but Sae-bom explains the first round is always blank in a cop’s gun. She then suggests a test to see who’s truly infected.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/happiness-episode-9/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

What’s the feeling here?  Do we want a S2 or are we content with the 12eps?  I would be royally annoyed if we end on some weird cliffhanger after Ep12.  I think 12eps is enough to explore the various issues the writer wants to in this apocalyptic dystopian drama.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

What’s the feeling here?  Do we want a S2 or are we content with the 12eps?  I would be royally annoyed if we end on some weird cliffhanger after Ep12.  I think 12eps is enough to explore the various issues the writer wants to in this apocalyptic dystopian drama.  

Not me. One of the key reasons I watch Kdramas is to avoid the whole season thing. I want a story that someone thought out well in advance and made a real ending for. I don't want someone to come along and disrupt what has already been resolved, just to drag it out for another season. Besides, I don't know how much more I can take of that guy in 601 running around without some justice... We have plenty of problems, now it's time for some solutions!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I don't want someone to come alone and disrupt what has already been resolved, just to drag it out for another season. Besides, I don't know how much more I can take of that guy in 601 running around without some justice... We have plenty of problems, now it's time for some solutions!

I agree.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

5 Truly Twisted And Shocking Moments From Episodes 9-10 Of “Happiness”

Dec 8, 2021
by shalini

Happiness” is pulling out all stops as it heads for a conclusion next week. This week’s episodes answer the bulk of questions while setting up the nail-biting conflict that’ll permeate the finale. The residents of Seyang Forest Le Ciel Building 101 have officially cracked. Pretty much all of them. Here begins the reign of chaos.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 9-10 below.

1. The “blood test”

3606c23878c39356704aa209031427c81a9bd8c8

The war between Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) and Oh Yeon Ok (Bae Hae Sun) escalates as the latter accuses her of being infected. The twist? She plans to use this accusation to kick Sae Bom and Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik) out so everyone else can divvy up their food and water. Yikes. Sae Bom’s not having that and barges in with a gun and a plan. Her solution? To turn the lens on everyone else. How well do they do around blood? But before she can slice her hand, in jumps Yi Hyun who slices his own hand so aggressively that blood sprays everywhere.

All suspicion regarding Sae Bom quickly vanishes when the grocery store clerk turns instead. But that doesn’t mean that Yeon Ok’s done with our power couple.

2. The reason for the reverend’s “powers”

park-hyung-sik.gif

The bewildering reason for the reverend’s powers is finally made clear when Na Soo Min (Na Chul) explains that despite his thirst for blood, he doesn’t feel anything when the reverend is near. Sae Bom and Yi Hyun quickly realize that the infected ignore other infectees when searching for blood, and that would defeat the purpose of the virus’s proliferation (so do the infectees really hunger for blood, or is it the virus wanting them to spread it everywhere?). They race upstairs to find that they’re too late. The reverend has lost his battle with self-control and raced into Oh Joo Hyeong’s (Baek Hyun Jin) apartment in the search for his next meal.

Our power couple manages to subdue him, but then comes the twisted part. While they leave for no less than five minutes to explain what’s happening to all the residents gathered outside, Oh Joo Hyeong lures the reverend off the balcony to his death. Just what is wrong with this guy? Yeon Ok immediately blames Sae Bom and Yi Hyun for the death, and though our favorite twosome knows that Joo Hyeong has to be responsible, they have no proof.

3. Tae Seok’s dilemma

jo-woo-jin.png

Han Tae Seok (Jo Woo Jin) is not doing so well. More specifically, his wife and child aren’t. The virus has started mutating, turning clever as some infectees grow capable of hiding their thirst to extreme degrees before snapping and going for blood. Tae Seok knew of the scientific likelihood of this happening and left the Seyang Apartments sealed as a hothouse of sorts such that they’d be able to observe any mutations in real time. They need more blood samples, more of Sae Bom’s now-confirmed antibodies, and time is running out on all fronts.

Tae Seok grows desperate when his wife turns one more time. Lieutenant Lee Ji Soo (Park Joo Hee) warns him that his wife’s body can’t take anymore. Throwing caution to hell, he pulls a gun on anyone who tries to stop him and injects her with the single sample they have of Sae Bom’s blood. It works like magic, but now Tae Seok has to cover his tracks, report a successful cure to his superiors, and get Sae Bom out of Building 101 at all costs. Tae Seok expects a battle, but when Yi Hyun agrees, Tae Seok knows something is very wrong.

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1498754wpp/5-truly-twisted-and-shocking-moments-from-episodes-9-10-of-happiness

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Watch: Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Give A Detailed Tour Of The “Happiness” Set

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 8, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Happiness” has shared a new behind-the-scenes look at the drama!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

In this making-of video, the actors personally give a tour of the drama set. First off, Han Hyo Joo interviews child actress Song Ji Woo. Song Ji Woo says, “You’re pretty,” and Han Hyo Joo is quick to say, “You’re prettier.” The caption says, “You are both pretty, so please stop…”

Then Han Hyo Joo shares a closer look at Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun’s apartment. She comments, “It’s bigger than you think it is.” Then she points out the details of Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun’s living arrangement as a fake couple. Han Hyo Joo explains, “Even if we live together, we have separate [items].” She points to the small refrigerator and says, “That’s Yi Hyun’s fridge.” Then she points to the bigger one and says, “This is Sae Bom’s.” She opens that refrigerator but quickly shuts it, saying, “It’s a mess in there.”

han-hyo-joo.jpg

Park Hyung Sik is next to give a tour of the set. First, he shares a glimpse of the stairs that Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun use a lot. He also shows how enormous the set is and proudly spins around to show the viewers everything. He suddenly stops, saying, “Hang on. I’m dizzy.” Then Park Hyung Sik steps into the room that is from the motel scene and explains this is the place where Jung Yi Hyun discovered the medication Next.

Spoiler

park-hyung-sik1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1502756wpp/watch-park-hyung-sik-and-han-hyo-joo-give-a-detailed-tour-of-the-happiness-set

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't aware of this show until 1 week before its airing. I didn't have any expectations from this show so I'm pleasantly surprised and happy that I finally found a drama which I liked this much after a long time. Of course the main couple plays an important role here. I actually don't mind another season but it's mainly because I want to see Park Hyun Sik and Han Hyo Joo together more. They are a power couple done right. Other than that I don't think there's any reason to drag it for another season. They still have two episodes and if they reduce the screentime of residents' evilness then there shouldn't be any problem to tie up all the lose ends and complete the drama properly. And since it's a TVN drama they can even increase the duration of the episodes if needed.

Now for the drama, I'm not really sure how they will end it. There are some speculations that there will be time leap so hopefully at that time You Hyun is fully cured and living happily with his wife Sae Bom. Sae Bom is definitely a strong character but we all saw how she was on the verge of breaking down when Yi Hyun had just cut his hand. So I'm pretty sure that she is not going to take it well if he sacrifices himself or anything. Moreover, she will now be used for experiments so she needs someone by her side for moral support and to protect her.

• Like 3

@-Love Blossom- Welcome! I’m really curious how the drama will end too. It’s really unfortunate that Sae Beom will be used in experiment since she has the antibodies for the virus, but once she finds out that Lee Hyun is infected, I bet she won’t hesitate to be apart of it to cure him.

Ughh can Friday come any sooner!? I need episode 11 now

• Like 3

Happiness: Episode 10

by quirkycase

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Happiness10-00551.jpg

As if things weren’t dire enough, people begin mysteriously disappearing and dying in the apartment building. Our leads try to keep the peace, but everyone is at a breaking point. Throughout the chaos, our cop struggles to keep himself in check and ensure the safety of everyone around him. Meanwhile, the lieutenant colonel makes a drastic choice to protect what matters most to him.

EPISODE 10 RECAP

Sae-bom heads to visit Se-hoon and sees his door is open a crack. While she cautiously enters, Tae-seok contacts Yi-hyun. He lies that Sae-bom’s blood doesn’t have the antibodies and instead encourages them to send Seo-yoon out; they’re trying to get minors out of lockdown.

Yi-hyun asks if Sae-bom can leave with Seo-yoon. Tae-seok agrees under the condition she cooperate with his work. Yi-hyun says he’ll get in touch after talking with Sae-bom and disconnects. Tae-seok observes to Ji-soo that it’s not like Yi-hyun to send Sae-bom out and senses something’s off.

On Yi-hyun’s way upstairs, Sae-bom comes running and says there’s trouble. Yi-hyun takes a subtle step back from her when she gets too close. She takes him to Se-hoon’s and shows him a note. Se-hoon writes he committed a major wrong and couldn’t endure anymore, so he left. He says to let everyone share his food and water.

The handwriting doesn’t quite match the writing on his water container, and he left behind his phone and wallet. They rifle through his things, and Yi-hyun finds a pill container with Next. Everything almost too-neatly points to him being infected.

In the hall, they run into Se-kyu and Moon-hee who are hanging around to swipe Se-hoon’s supplies. Yi-hyun and Sae-bom send them back for now and keep Se-hoon’s disappearance a secret. Sae-bom doesn’t see why a recluse would leave home and thinks foul play is likely.

Yi-hyun and Sae-bom can’t find Se-hoon anywhere in the building, and the lobby door is unlocked. They head back up to 1501 and find the residents gathered. Andrew testifies that he saw Se-hoon leave the building this morning wearing his hazmat suit.

Since everyone is running out of water, Sae-bom and Yi-hyun eventually let everyone into Se-hoon’s. They only let each person take what they need, stopping everyone (especially greedy Se-kyu) from cleaning out the place.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/happiness-episode-10/

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Engage In A Tense War Of Nerves With The Mysterious Lee Joo Seung In “Happiness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 10, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN has previewed a tense moment in the upcoming episode of “Happiness”!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Spoilers

Previously, Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun faced a different kind of catastrophe. They struggled because of the residents who were growing more and more barbaric and selfish. The residents were determined to get food and water, even if it meant eliminating people one by one. Towards the end of the episode, Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun found out that Andrew (Lee Joo Seung) isn’t who they thought he was.

Amidst so many questions, the drama shared new stills of the next episode. Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun are confronting the suspicious Andrew, who is the one behind all the mysterious murders in the apartment building. He even stabbed Kim Jung Kook (Lee Joon Hyuk) in the previous episode, and the preview of the next episode hinted he would use the injured Kim Jung Kook to blackmail Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun.

In one photo, Andrew stares at them with a poker face. No emotions can be read on his face. Curiosity is mounting over his reason for behaving in such a risky way. Another photo shows Yoon Sae Bom facing someone with fierce eyes, and Jung Yi Hyun is spotted provoking someone. The bright sky sharply contrasts with the dark situation. In particular, viewers are eager to learn about the key in Jung Yi Hyun’s bloody hand.

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo1.jpg

happiness4.jpg

Spoiler

han-hyo-joo1.jpg

park-hyung-sik2.jpg

The producers teased, “Please pay attention to Andrew’s true identity, how the appearance of a murderer will change the residents, and the final choice of everyone including Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503050wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-han-hyo-joo-engage-in-a-tense-war-of-nerves-with-the-mysterious-lee-joo-seung-in-happiness

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay I watched the whole episode and WOW.. the building rep and Oh Joo Hyeong already knew Andrew was a murder since Oh Joo Hyeong witnessed him kill the cleaning lady. They plotted this to get Sae Beom and Hyun’s stuff :evillaugh: Seriously, these people in the building are the real monsters and not the infected.

Yi Hyun bit Andrew so it’s most likely that he is not dead..? In the preview for episode 12, we see someone pointing a gun at Yi Hyun. I wonder if that’s Andrew?

Also in episode 11, Oh Joo Hyeong took the next pill so he’s going to be infected for sure and looks like he causes some problems in the next episode. Seriously, someone needs to take this man down :triumph: I’m tired of his shenanigans.

Finally Sae Beom is out of the apartment and knows that she contains the antibodies, but we all knew she won’t sit still and strike a deal with Han Tae Seok to get Yi Hyun back. Btw the two of them confessed to each other in this episode, my heart :crybaby: Sae Beom told Hyun that she likes him when they were in the elevator and Hyun says he likes her in the video that he recorded… Ugh can we get a happy ending for these two?! Episode 12 is going to be intense so let’s see what will happen…

Also apparently episode 12 is already available on TVING if you subscribe so people posted spoilers for episode 12 already. Read below for one of the spoilers for episode 12:

Spoiler

Apparently it’s a happy ending and Sae Beom and Hyun kiss in the last episode

• Like 4

Seriously? People are already posting spoilers?? No thank you... Once you've gotten to this point, you just want to experience the ending for yourself, not have it spoiled. Guess I will stay off social media until I've see the last episode. 

But 11! Tension throughout the entire thing, my gosh. Song Ji Woo, the little actress who plays Seo Yoon, is so good. I was so scared for her! She does both delight and terror well. 

Yi Hyun's situation is just heartbreaking.

And  yes, I am a Han Hyo Joo fan, but there is a REASON for that. The girl can ACT. 

I hate the bad characters more with every episode, but the TVN promo was right, now is the time of sifting. The residents have to decide what they will do. Will they side with the murderers? Or will they get out? 

Question: what ultimately happened to the YouTuber? Did the zombies eat him in the end?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OMG episode 11.

WOW.. the building rep and Oh Joo Hyeong already knew Andrew was a murder since Oh Joo Hyeong witnessed him kill the cleaning lady. They plotted this to get Sae Beom and Hyun’s stuff :evillaugh: Seriously, these people in the building.

OMG Sae Beom told Hyun that she likes him when they were in the elevator and Hyun says he likes her in the video that he recorded… Ugh can we get a happy ending for these two? 

These to need a happy ending please.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1