[Drama 2021] Happiness, 해피니스- Han Hyo-Joo, Park Hyung Sik & Joo Wo Jin

larus

@nrllee yeah definitely the penthouse guy and Andrew are suspicious. The fact that the scene showed the penthouse guy looking outside before closing the door with Sae Beom inside was suuuper suspicious so something must be up with him…or maybe we are just all paranoid because of all the dramas we watched and can’t trust anyone :lol: But Andrew is DEFINITELY suspicious and there is SOMETHING up with him..

@backstreetboysfan Yes I didn’t expect the pill switch AT ALLL!! I thought Oh Joo Hyung would get away with his plan as much as I dislike him.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I guess I should listen to the suggestions and stick here for my own good. I love the theories and discussions here tbh and how normal the thread is. Not a blood bath. Just the right amount of content and critique I enjoy reading.

The apartment residents though, triggers my blood to boil. Having annoying neighbors irl really makes me in awe with the portrayal of the residents here. Who in the whole world doesn't encounter neighbors like this?! Tell me how you're lucky??

I agree with the reason why the pastor didn't get bitten by the zombies, that he already is infected. The preview for ep9 shows the pastor (seems like it becuase of the sleeve of the clothes) wiping the blood on the floor. And why do his wife (apt rep) have a cup with blood? Is that to check if Yihyun is infected? Is he gonna force Yihyun to drink it? 

Also I think pastor released writer Na's brother and that is why Saebom got attacked. Or is it the psycho doctor who attacked Saebom?

I find how cool our couple is in dealing with their neighbors but also am worried at how Yihyun keeps touching blood. And in the preview he even bled for the residents to see that his wife is bot infected right? Or maybe I did see it wrong?

Also Yihyun in the preview looks sad while checking the casualty the 602 residents saw. I hope it isn't their cop friend. That would be pretty devastating for him.

3 hours ago, NhicarT said:

of all the side characters Andrew, Sehoon and the cleaning lady are the ones we don't have a backstory or focus yet. I think Andrew and Sehoon will be key characters in the next episodes. Don't you find it strange that one is dressed in all black and the other in all white (well with his full gear PPE). I wonder if this is an indication of what their character will be (bad and good respectively). 

I feel like Andrew might be one of the earlier "clinical test patients" I mean not someone who got bitten but usually when there are new meds they do have test subjects so maybe he is one of those. He's wearing googles to hide his eyes which might be the same as those who are infected. Maybe he's like the hulk...he's always thirsty too but he is just able to control it. And perhaps there will be some sort of trigger in the next episodes to make him show his true self.

As for Se Hoon, he might be someone who will help HTS, YH and SB to find the cure. 

Awesome theory!!! Maybe he is the guy who got compensated after having side effects HTS mentioned in one ep but he recovered or somehow controlled his thirsts? 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I did like this week's episodes. I liked how Yi Hyun smartly had switched the meds beforehand knowing that someone would try to infect others using it. The drama is filled with many annoying characters. I don't really remember a Zombie/survival drama/movie having this many annoying and irritating characters. 

While I do understand that Yi Hyun and Sae Bom see the infected as sick people, or rather see them as humans, which is the reason they hesitate in hurting them, or even making them leave the building (like they did for the writer's brother), I at times agree more with Han Tae Seok, who is more like a no nonsense type of character. You just can't fight Zombies with the mindset of not hurting them. Of course the point here is that after sometime these infected people turn back to normal and continue to switch in between, but when in danger, they got to go for the extreme step. There is no other way around, it is more like attack or be infected in such situations, or the third option is to just run for your life. Sometimes it is more dangerous since the infected are capable of killing the people, like we saw in the first episode.

The most annoying people are of course the wannabe house rep lady, and the wife killer doc. I don't even know which one of them is more irritating and annoying. At the wife killer doc has got some reasons for his plans (which on paper might be smart, but are actually too stupid). I mean how did he think that he can survive if he infects everyone in the building :facepalm:

That might be very smart for him, but is just too stupid.

And all the lady wants is to be the house rep. She feels insecure all the time about her position, she is more like, Sae Bom breathes, and she thinks "That girl wants my house rep position". Its stupid, and we all know why she is all obsessed with this, she just wants her hands on the management funds only to run away after getting it. 

I like that Han Tae Seok is keeping the testing of Sae Bom's blood a secret for now from the higher ups knowing what will happen if it leaks. Also it seems like that the virus is mutating, just like the previews suggest, Han Tae Seok said that the infected will not react to water now, and that they can resist it if they want, making it harder to detect them. We surely have infected people in the building. Its not only the old lady and the writer's brother, there must be more. 

I am not sure about the T-shirt guy, he seems to be suspicious and shady, but so does Andrew guy. I am sure there is something on his face, which is why the first thing he does is hide his face whenever he sees someone come, or eats with his back to others. Let's see how these people will drive the plot. I think it is about time we revelation on Andrew, hopefully we will see it happen this week. Things gonna get more serious, so let's see if it does happen. 

Not gonna say I don't understand him, but the Police dude has become too easy to control. Of course he did change after his encounter with an infected guy, but he should think before acting or letting others influence him. For now he has been the easiest guy to control. I do hope he survives this all. 

• Like 5

Not saying smart people can't get it too... But now that Police Friend has put his trust in the wrong people, I feel like he has just shortened the path to being bitten. I no longer hold out hope that he will survive the series. 

On the other hand, annoying oppa has some shreds of decency in him, it seems. That was a surprise.

• Like 5

The thing is that with this virus that causes people to turn into “zombies” and basically crave blood, the people aren’t mindless 24/7 that we always see in zombies movies. These are human that come back to their senses and feel emotions afterwards. If it were people who are zombies and don’t turn back, then I would understand and agree with Han Tae Seok, but these are humans who have consciousness and come back to their senses. Sae Beom brought up that what if these “zombies” or infected people are someone you love? Just imagine if it was someone you loved that was infected and started to attack you. Would you be able to immediately kill them with knowing that they will turn back to normal? Yes they are dangerous but they are still human…

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

It’s also interesting to note how people change during the outbreak as the goalposts are shifted?  I think that’s why the writer purposely put up those signs telling us D-1. D Day.  Initially everyone was just holding out for 7days.  Not that long is it?  Cleaner couple was happy to share the food and the accommodation with older cleaner lady.  Then we are shown the disappointment and confusion when D-day arrived and nothing happened.  Power was still out.  No connection for TV or phone coverage.  The announcement then that lockdown was to be extended…indefinitely.  And we have D+1.  How did the residents respond to being abandoned?  With no hope of a break through in clear sight?  We see cleaner couple turning insular.  Hoarding rations and no longer happy to share.  Alliances are built and people turn on their friends.  So many parallels with our current pandemic situation.  Food for thought, that’s for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

A few thoughts about why HTS cut off electricity, internet/TV and water from the complex.

- electricity.  It reduces movement.  Both for zombies and the uninfected.  People are more likely to stay indoors when it gets dark.  Less movement, less transmission opportunities.

- internet/TV.  I get the feeling it’s actually worse outside than it is inside the complex.  At the very least it stops residents from seeing inflated media hype which would send them into panic mode quicker.  There’s not much else to do when you are in lockdown.  You surf the net and watch TV.  Which has the potential to feed your worst fears.  If they are shut out from the outside world, they can still cling onto the hope that when lockdown ends, they will be rewarded with an anticipated “freedom”.  If the residents see that the outside world is no better or worse, what little hope they have will dissipate and the panic and chaos would be intensified.

- water.  It appears that zombies need water to turn?  At least initially anyway?  So if you cut off the free flowing water from taps, it means the uninfected residents who control the water rations control the “turn rate” for the zombies.  If zombies are allowed to drink freely from taps, they will just keep turning and HTS mentioned that the more often they turn, the harder it is to return back to their normal state.  Especially if they had developed a taste for human blood.  Like the CEO and his band of Chaebol friends. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

Watch: Han Hyo Joo, Park Hyung Sik, And More Bring Bright Energy And Constant Jokes To The Lively Set Of “Happiness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 1, 2021
by S. Cho

The cast of “Happiness” are all full of smiles behind the scenes of filming!

tvN’s “Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing and sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges. The drama stars Han Hyo Joo, Park Hyung Sik, Jo Woo Jin, and more.

In the first clip, Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik work together to analyze their script. Later, the director works with a staff member to show Han Hyo Joo how she should grab a collar in her next scene. When the staff member grabs the director’s collar instead of the other way around, he asks, “Why are you grabbing me?” making Han Hyo Joo burst into laughter.

For another scene, the apartment residents are gathered for a meeting. As soon as the director yells “Cut!” on the serious scene, Park Hyung Sik and Lee Joon Hyuk poke fun at Han Hyo Joo’s unnatural improvisations. They continue cracking jokes before adorably shouting a cheer of encouragement for “Happiness.”

While many of the cast members are gathered together, Lee Joon Hyuk shows Han Hyo Joo photos he took on set. She expresses her amazement as she comments, “They look like still cuts of a play.”

Han Hyo Joo begins filming an apartment scene with Park Hyung Sik when she shyly interrupts, saying, “Sorry but can I do it again? I didn’t know the numbers weren’t working and I got flustered.”

In the making-of clip for Episodes 7 and 8, Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik start by rehearsing a cute scene. Han Joon Woo jokes, “You walked in like you were going to kill someone,” referring to the baseball bat Park Hyung Sik is holding.

The trio are examining different ration packs used by military soldiers when they realize one of the packs are opened. The director shyly admits, “Sorry, I opened that one…” and Han Hyo Joo jokingly scolds him, “Ugh, director really? What is this, it doesn’t connect.”

Later, Han Hyo Joo and Jo Woo Jin prepare for a rooftop scene where a gun will go off by Han Hyo Joo’s ear. In case she has trouble hearing after, the two start an impromptu game of mouth reading before Jo Woo Jin jokingly comments, “This is because we’re all hot.”

For an action scene, Park Hyung Sik watches a stunt actor’s attempt and impresses by immediately being able to copy them. Because he must punch Jo Woo Jin in the next scene, they joke around while discussing the angle and immediately go back to being friendly as soon as the take is over.

Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik begin rehearsals with Baek Hyun Jin when they both crack up at his character’s constant temper tantrums. Baek Hyun Jin comments, “There are kids like this in elementary school…” Han Hyo Joo adds, “But the term is too short! [Your attitude] changes immediately!”

They continue with the scene where Park Hyung Sik takes medicine and when the take is over, he comments, “This is intense to swallow without water.” Han Hyo Joo responds in shock, “You ate it? How can you eat a pain reliever? It’s not even a vitamin.”

Later, Han Hyo Joo practices taking a strong hold of Baek Hyun Jin when he accidentally falls over. Feeling apologetic, Han Hyo Joo begins giving the actor a back massage, and Park Hyung Sik joins in to give Han Hyo Joo one at the same time.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501374wpp/watch-han-hyo-joo-park-hyung-sik-and-more-bring-bright-energy-and-constant-jokes-to-the-lively-set-of-happiness

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happiness: Episode 7

by quirkycase

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Happiness07-00921.jpg

Our leads fight to restore order after a host of things go wrong and the residents are left more shaken than ever. To make matters worse, an unexpected visitor brings worrying news from the outside. Our heroine’s unique constitution leads to new questions, but thankfully, she’s got a great friend by her side no matter what.

EPISODE 7 RECAP

Yi-hyun asks if Se-hoon took Next and demands to see Sae-bom. Se-hoon says there’s been a misunderstanding and opens the door. Yi-hyun barges in and finds Sae-bom chilling and eating a snack.

Se-hoon looks vindicated and grumpy, so Yi-hyun laughs off his behavior as newlywed love. Sae-bom plays along and says Yi-hyun gets worried easily. Despite his irritation, Se-hoon still sends Sae-bom out with a bag of snacks from his stockpile.

Out in the hallway, Yi-hyun shares that Se-hoon bought Next. He worriedly checks Sae-bom for any scratches or injuries, but she’s completely fine. Se-hoon may be odd, but he got in Sae-bom’s good graces by giving her food.

Meanwhile, the ever-persistent zombie resident has finally made it inside and happens to make his way to Sae-bom and Yi-hyun’s apartment. Seo-yoon is home alone when the doorbell rings. She leaves the chain on and opens the door a crack.

The infected resident pokes his head in and tries to get her to open the door by saying he’s a friend of her mom’s. Seo-yoon proves smarter than most of the adults when she slams the door shut and locks it.

Yi-hyun and Sae-bom round the corner and face him cautiously. He promises he hasn’t bitten anyone, but the blood on his face and clothes doesn’t help sell his lie. He admits he slighty bit someone, but they ran away.

Yi-hyun positions himself in front of Sae-bom and gives the zombie three seconds to run before he uses his bat. Sae-bom checks on Seo-yoon and then follows Yi-hyun who chased the zombie resident back out. They lock the building doors and worry about who he bit.

In the gym, Seung-beom tries to get Hyun-kyung to let him out. He convinces her he’s totally safe, so she tosses him the handcuff key Yi-hyun gave her. The second he’s free, he makes a beeline for the water keg and starts guzzling.

While Hyun-kyung flees into the basement garage, Sae-bom and Yi-hyun begin patrolling. They find Seung-beom sitting on the gym floor by the water. He’s despondent and says drinking only makes his thirst grow, as does seeing someone’s neck.

When Yi-hyun gets close enough to put on the handcuffs, Seung-beom turns. Sae-bom pulls him off Yi-hyun, and the two of them manage to get out of his grasp. As they stand opposite him, Seung-beom is suddenly hit with a bullet. Sae-bom whips out her gun and turns to see Tae-seok.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/happiness-episode-7/

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Happiness: Episode 8

by quirkycase

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Happiness08-01051.jpg

While our residents try to stay sane and anxiously await the promised lift of lockdown, the lieutenant colonel gets some good news on the treatment front. He sets a plan in motion that helps him reach his goals in more ways than one. Meanwhile, our resident representative hopeful concocts a scheme of her own to ensure the safety of her leadership position.

EPISODE 8 RECAP

As Yi-hyun and Sae-bom come down from doing laundry on the roof, they come across Moon-hee and Se-kyu unsuccessfully trying to convince Young-ok to let them use an empty apartment on the 11th floor. Being on the second floor, they worry they’ll be in danger again if more zombies invade.

Young-ok isn’t happy when they turn to Sae-bom and Yi-hyun for permission instead. Sae-bom suggests they put it to the group. Hae-sung concurs with Young-ok that using the apartment would legally constitute trespassing, which proves a nice excuse for the others to suggest the couple stay in 201.

Hak-je doesn’t want to be the bottom-most resident first in line for the zombies, and Joo-hyung says the residents would feel safer with the cleaning couple acting as “guard dogs.” Wow. Strangely, Andrew looks over at Joon-hyung and smiles behind his mask.

Once everyone leaves, Hyun-kyung asks Sae-bom and Yi-hyun for a word. She tells them about Soo-min contacting her and wonders if it’s possible he isn’t infected. Sae-bom looks at her own scratch and says they can hope.

That night, it rains as Yi-hyun predicted (his injured knee gives him warning), so he and Sae-bom head up to the roof to put out water containers. They’re startled when the sleeping Jung-kook yells at Satan to get back while clutching a cross. Yi-hyun sighs at his sudden religious turn.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/happiness-episode-8/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

5 Twists In Episodes 7-8 Of “Happiness” That We All Saw Coming

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 2, 2021
by shalini

Happiness” grows even darker this week as Seyang Forest Le Ciel Building 101’s residents start going down the path of insanity. Everyone’s irrational this week as a shortage of basic necessities, a toxic boiling pot of an environment, and ulterior agendas galore combine to turn the complex into a free-for-all. As it turns out, the infectees are the least of everyone’s problems.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 7-8 below.

1. Sae Bom’s blood might cure the virus

It’s been obvious from the beginning that Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) has something special in her blood. She was one the first people scratched but hasn’t turned at all – a fact that she seems to have strangely forgotten because she doesn’t seem all that concerned that she hasn’t shown symptoms.

b97039d45d067ae153a6610a2fa46798cd0c1b5d

Sae Bom and Yi Hyun’s (Park Hyung Sik) irrational dislike of Han Tae Seok (Jo Woo Jin) continues, and the man really isn’t helping matters here when he practically kidnaps her to get a blood sample. Tae Seok, dude, if you need a blood sample, just ask? There’s no need to sic an infectee on her.

The show doesn’t really explain his logic in doing so but appears to be using the scene to argue that Tae Seok is ruthless. But now that the Sae Bom CureTM is in production, a return to normal seems to be on the horizon. But the residents don’t know that.

2. The cleaner couple turns on everyone

han-hyo-joo-park-hyung-sik5.gif

The cleaner couple in apartment 201 has had enough. They politely request that they be allowed to move to 1102 because, with the first floor now breached, their apartment is the first possible place an infectee would stop for a snack. Oh Yeon Ok (Bae Hae Sun) manages to inject her refusal with enough classism to infuriate the couple, especially when the rest of the residents, save Sae Bom and Yi Hyun, join in.

One half of the elderly couple in apartment 302, Kim Hak Je (Hong Soon Chang), is especially egregious, saying that the young should put themselves on the line for the elderly (a strange sentiment from someone seeing the end of their days), and the couple has had enough. When Yeon Ok has the gall to ask them to share the supplies they risked their life to obtain from the supermarket, the couple draws the line and starts a hefty markup. A bottle of soda starts at $200 now. Yikes. Gone is any shred of camaraderie. It’s everyone for themselves.

3. Oh Yeon Ok is shady

Yeon Ok’s scheme is finally out. She’s been gunning to become apartment representative so that she can embezzle the other residents’ management fees. Sae Bom and Yi Hyun call her out on it, and Yeon Ok’s genteel, haughty lady act vanishes instantly. Perhaps that wasn’t the smartest thing for our power couple to do because she immediately goes on the warpath to eliminate the only threat to her money. And she has just the person to do it.

Kim Jung Kook (Lee Joon Hyuk) has been antsy about the lockdown and being separated from his wife, but not knowing when it’ll end drives him off the deep end. Heaven knows what he thinks he witnesses Yeon Ok’s husband do, but he starts believing that the pastor has divine powers. Within two days, Yeon Ok and her husband have him in the palm of their hands. So when they order him to do “God’s duty” and hunt down the infected, Jung Kook turns on his former friends immediately.

4. Oh Joo Hyeong is a psychopath

Oh Joo Hyeong (Baek Hyun Jin) is probably the smartest character in this show next to Tae Seok. This slippery eel knows just how to push people’s buttons, plant thoughts in their head, and walk away with a chuckle. His first thought upon realizing that the Next pill creates infectees is to inject all his bottled water with it. For what purpose? Surely it does him no good to have a bunch of infectees running around the building. But perhaps Joo Hyeong’s just a psychopath who loves chaos.

Thus, it’s hilarious when Yi Hyun informs him that he knew Joo Hyeong would get up to something unsavory and swapped out all the pills for digestive medicine.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1498753wpp/5-twists-in-episodes-7-8-of-happiness-that-we-all-saw-coming

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Are Cornered By Desperate And Greedy Residents In “Happiness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 3, 2021
by L. Kim

Get ready for a thrilling showdown on the next episode of “Happiness”!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Happiness,” the residents of apartment 101 panicked due to the indefinite extension of the martial law. People who wished to return to their daily lives grew hopeless, and they started to become selfish after realizing the situation may never end. Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun realized Oh Joo Hyung (Baek Hyun Jin) had been intentionally spreading drinks that were mixed with the NEXT pill. Fortunately, Jung Yi Hyun had switched the medication with his digestion pills beforehand. Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun dragged Oh Joo Hyung out of the apartment, only to be faced with a friend’s betrayal.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun are stiffly standing before the other apartment residents. Oh Yeon Ok (Bae Hae Sun) managed to persuade Kim Jung Kook (Lee Joon Hyuk) to go against Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun. Kim Jung Kook seems restless as he pleads Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun while holding a gun. What will the residents decide to do with Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun, who has been doing their best to keep people safe?

happiness-2.jpg

happiness-1.jpg

Spoiler

park-hyung-sik-2.jpg

han-hyo-joo-1.jpg

The drama’s producers stated, “You will be able to feel various emotions through the confrontations and changes of people who live in fear of their survival being threatened. The identity of apartment 101 ‘s new infected patient will be revealed. Please watch to see how the apartment’s residents, who also have to fight reality that is as brutal and cold as the infectious disease, will endure this crisis.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501906wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-han-hyo-joo-are-cornered-by-desperate-and-greedy-residents-in-happiness

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone. My first comment in this thread. 

I think ahjussi might knew his wife got infected. Maybe even before his son mentioned about the picture. She asked Bo Ram the supermarket girl to leave and even on guard in front of the room. 

And i'm also surprised the writer's brother felt sorry and tried avoiding his sister. 

Can't wait for our power couple's action this week!

• Like 4

Welcome @anastasia7!!

I can’t believe the drama will end next week :crybaby: Here is episode 10 preview

I was a bad person and watched episode 10 preview before watching episode 9…but what happened to Hyun? Everyone in the comments are saying to save Hyun!! Did he get infected? What happened? :scream:

Guess I gotta watch the episode to find out..

• Like 3

My reaction to ep 9: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I feel bad for HTS but I am worried what he wants to do to Sae Bom now that the test results have come out.  And I am so worried about Yi Hyun! 

Dude in 1501 has a THRONE? lololololol

With every episode I think I have reached the limit on how much I can hate a character, but somehow that horrible man in 601 raises that level a little more every time. 

We didn't see Grandma and Grandpa in this episode, nor the cleaning lady. Hope they're okay.

I know some may just want the leads to snap and start killing zombies (and if something happens to YH, SB just may do that, she is a lot more like HTS than YH is). But the message the drama seems to be hitting hard is that these are PEOPLE. I was really touched by the kindness shown to the supermarket girl, for example. If you want to keep your humanity...you need to be human, and see that in others. Otherwise, you may as well all be zombies.

• Like 4