[Drama 2021] Happiness, 해피니스- Han Hyo-Joo, Park Hyung Sik & Joo Wo Jin

larus

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

If you want to keep your humanity...you need to be human, and see that in others. Otherwise, you may as well all be zombies.

That’s the point isn’t it?  Who is worse?  The zombies (infected) who bite others but show remorse and horror when they return to their lucid state?  Or the uninfected who opt to be selfish and deliberately murderous (Evil dermatologist) despite being in their “right mind”.  Or the infected zombies who choose to isolate themselves for the sake of others (like Lady Writer’s brother and Old lady and to a certain extent SB’s work colleague).

I have no time to watch.  Will have to binge the 2 eps after this weekend.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

@ferily he did get scratched and from the looks of his wound he is infected (kinda like Saebom's friend who got scratched in episode 1). Maybe YH will be like him too, just chsnge in diet and would prefer more meat.

I kinda expected that this would happen but it was still so hard to see it unfold. This series kinda gives me the Divergent vibe (for anyone who has seen it). The FL is immune to the mind controlling serum (here in Happiness she seems to be immune to the virus). The ML is not quite immune but towards the end of the movie he was given the mind controlling serum and he is not quite immune to it but he overcomes it and did not attack the FL bc he remembered how he loves her. I'm guessing something similar will happen in the next episodes. Divergent (the book and movie) had a happy ending but the book series (not the movie bc the final installment never got filmed) did not end happily. FL lead sacrificed for the good of more people and I have this hunch that in the end that's what SB will do since she has the antibodies.

Of course I am still hoping that SB-YH will find their happiness together (not the personal happiness crap aka I'd die happy knowing you will live healthy life).

Gosh this is pre produced right? So the ending has already been set. No last minute shooting/filming.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Park Hyung Sik, Han Hyo Joo, And Jo Woo Jin Get Entangled In Threatening Situations In “Happiness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 4, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN has released new stills of ahead of the upcoming episode of their Friday-Saturday drama “Happiness”!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, the conflict reached its peak because of people’s selfishness. Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun eventually exploded with anger because the residents prioritized survival over their conscience. In addition, Lee Bo Ram (Han Da Sol), the part-time employee of the nearby market, and Chang Sun Woo (Cha Soon Bae), the pastor who took the medication Next that had been distributed at the gym, became infected with the mysterious disease. The alarmed people became more selfish than ever, but viewers were shocked at the sight of Jung Yi Hyun examining his discolored wounds.

The new stills show Yoon Sae Bom, Jung Yi Hyun, and Han Tae Suk (Jo Woo Jin) facing various challenges. First off, Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun visit Kim Se Hoon’s (Han Joon Woo‘s) apartment that is filled with an assortment of supplies. The residents started to covet his home because they were running out of food. At the request of Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun, Kim Se Hoon said he would consider sharing with the others. However, Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun experience a chilly tension in his apartment. Yoon Sae Bom, who communicates with someone through a walkie-talkie, stiffens at once, and Jung Yi Hyun’s shoulders become rigid as usual. What happened to Kim Se Hoon?

happiness-4.jpg

Spoiler

happiness-21.jpg

Another set of stills depict Han Tae Suk facing his own dilemma. In his wife’s hospital room, he is aiming a gun at a mysterious man who is blocking him. His expression is shadowed with complex emotions, and he looks urgent and desperate to fight for something. Lee Ji Soo (Park Joo Hee) has lowered her weapon and is examining her opponent’s movements. What has happened to Han Tae Suk and his wife?

happiness-3.jpg

The drama’s producers commented, “As people in apartment 101 disappear one by one, another variable that threatens survival will appear. In addition, those who have reached their peak of survival instincts, conflicts, and crises will face decisive moments of choice. Please wait and see what they will decide to do and how they will overcome the calamity.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1502072wpp/park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo-and-jo-woo-jin-get-entangled-in-threatening-situations-in-happiness

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

E p9 notes

- residents were banding together to try to eject SB and YH outside the building (meeting at Snooty Ahjumma’s apartment - everybody except reverend hubby, old cleaning lady, lady writer, sleazy lawyer, mistress, old couple and good for nothing YouTuber son).  Andrew informs SB/YH of their plan. SB barges in on their meeting and wants to cut her hand (blood) to try to flush any zombies out from amongst the residents.  YH stops her just in time and cuts his hand instead. :wub:.  Supermarket girl BoRam is revealed to be a zombie.  She got scratched on her leg by one of the zombies before they found her hiding in the supermarket.  In the interim, BoRam gets locked up in the gym as a result.
- writer’s brother SoMin is locked up in the digital driving range.  Fake reverend hubby is trying to convince him to make the others believe that SB is infected too.  Fake reverend wasn’t there during the “blood” test. :blink:.  He returns to his apartment to find the blood spatter and starts to clean it up.  He almost wants to lick it?  :blink: But his wife walks back into the room and he stops himself.  So he’s one too?  Is that why the zombies didn’t bite him when he flashed the cross?  If that’s the case, then Andrew is potentially a hidden zombie too.  Seeing the security guard didn’t bite him on the rooftop.
- we get a moment for our OTP as SB dresses YH’s hand wound.  And they do their usual curt interchange which none so subtly tells us that each cares for the other person’s welfare deeply :lol:
- SB sets the supermarket girl up on the rooftop away from the others.
- they convene another meeting in the gym to try to flush out more of the infected.  Fake reverend doesn’t show either. YH wants someone else to do the honours.  Andrew slices his arm as a blood sacrifice…hmm…is it because he’s infected?  So he doesn’t turn because it’s his own blood?  He collects some of it in a cup which YH passes around to try to flush any unknowns.  Nobody turns. Snooty Ahjumma brings the cup of blood home and leaves it on the kitchen counter. Fake reverend drinks it…and she screams. Turns out he got the drug off the gym trainer.  And he’s the guy who bloodied them towel that old cleaner lady found in the stairwell trash.  Snooty Ahjumma is still hung up about being apartment rep? :expressionless:
- Fake reverend runs out of his apartment and is exposed as he breaks into 1201 and tries to munch on Dermatologist and Sleazy lawyer (who had his pants down…:lol: whilst visiting the mistress)/mistress.  SB and YH try to apprehend possessed reverend.  They manage to succumb him (tied his hands up and covers his head with a shirt/towel) and leave him to talk outside with Snooty Ahjumma.  Evil dermatologist appears from his locked room, lures reverend into taking a dive off the balcony…to his death.
- mistress is trying to find the passcode to dermatologist’s cryptocurrency buys?  She intends to fleece him and settle with sleazy lawyer.  She happens to see dermatologist has tattooed the passcode on his shoulder?  Err…I thought she was his mistress?  Surely?  But okay…maybe they haven’t gotten that far yet or their trysts have always been “in the dark” :lol:
- Penthouse guy tells SB and YH that there’s a back up generator which resides in another building?  That if they power it up they will get electricity and water back up.  But it means they have to go outside and the generator when turned on will be noisy and attract zompires.
- YH was scratched just below his collar bone by fake reverend in the tussle.  So he’s been infected.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Madness and mayhem continues in the apartment complex. The most shocking bein' the stupid @$$ lawyer still has carnal tendencies and was actually caught with his pants down with Ju Hyung's wench when the so-called "devout" reverend went amok. What a sight that was!! 

I don't feel sorry for the building rep. lady's loss at all. Even when she found out her hubs was infected, she asked him to keep up appearances so they could get the vote omg. Like WoW priorities huh.

I had doubts on Andrew but he's cleared and nice to see he's more proactive. That Seo Hoon guy has a damn throne in his apartment omg talk about a narcissist. He's now next on my suspicious list LoL.

Didn't expect Bo Ram to turn. I laugh way too hard when Ju Hyung wet his pants and show the cross at her ha-ha!! Poor Yi Hyun.. please let him be human and have his happiness with Sae Bom yes please drama!!?? Thank God Sae Bom has antibodies.. and I may have mixed feelings on Tae Seok but I have to admit he's attractive ha-ha. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

i havent watched the subbed version yet but I honestly got confused at the latter part of episode 10. I guess the writer's message is that what's even more dangerous than mad person virus/decease is the greed of those non-infected but it just sort of muddied the picture. I feel like with 2 episodes left there's a lot of loose ends to tie up.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Okay I finished episode 9 and wow what an episode! Who knew that Bo Ram would be infected? Actually if you look back, it does make sense since she was in the supermarket with all the infected..

Na Soo Min continues to be an amazing character and doesn’t want to harm anyone despite being infected. Seriously, his character development is the best so far and he got me liking him 100 percent.

And then of course there are still the annoying and despicable people, aka building rep and Oh Joo Hyung. It was oh joo Hyung who killed the pastor by leading him to fall. I still don’t 100 percent believe he is dead too because we saw that the virus can keep people alive, but the pastor did fall and probably broke his neck and hit his head and seeing how the virus going to the brain…Hmmm

I love our couple and duo. They are so great together and have phenomenal teamwork. The way they take down people who are infected. They know what they’re doing. Their relationship is so precious and you can tell the two of them deeply care about one another. You can’t tell me that they dont have any feelings by the way they are concerned for each other. Can we get a kiss scene already? Lol… 

With Lee Hyun getting a scratched though, I actually saw this coming and am not really surprised. I feel like the drama wouldn’t end without the male lead getting infected because this would lead Sae Beom to really take part in the whole process of making a cure since she has the antibotics. Let’s see what will happen to Hyun in episode 10 though and will we see him infected?

Last few things.. Han Tae Seok, hes def gonna have to choose between his wife and child. Andrew, I still don’t trust this dude. Kim Se Hoon, I don’t trust him either. He was suspicious from the moment he let Sae Beom into his house. We have two more episodes until the drama ends so let’s see how Happiness will wrap things up

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I watched episode 10 raw and we all knew what was coming with Andrew. He was definitely suspicious and it turns out he was the one murdering the people in the apartment…Cleaning lady is dead and now Kim Se Hoon. I wonder why he’s doing that though and what his goal is? Who is he?!??

Lee Hyun avoids drinking water this whole episode because he know he is infected and is keeping it a secret from Sae Beom. When Hyun is actually in the situation where he’s infected, he can’t bring himself to tell Sae Beom about it :bawling:

Han Tae Seok lied to Lee Hyun about Sae Beom having the antibotics AND i think he said in episode 10 that Seo Yoon is infected… it looks like in episode 11, Andrew will probably threaten them to turn on the generator in the apartment so that the apartment will have electricity again. The only risk is that it’ll make a loud noise and gather all the infected. Hmm but if Hyun is infected too, wouldn’t that trigger something in him? In episode 11 preview, we see the infected going after Sae Beom and Hyun but you can see the infected attacking Sae Beom and not Hyun. I wonder if it’s because we learned in the last episode that infected people don’t attack other infected people.. I just want Sae Beom and Lee Hyun to have a happy ending :(

Ugh I’m loving the drama so much, can episode 11 come already?

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I don't really remember when was the last time when I hated so many characters in a drama that I wanted them all to die. Yes, I actually want most of the residents of this building end up being infected and get killed by Han Tae Seok. What they have been doing throughout this drama has been more than disgusting for me. The last scene of ep 10 was the final nail in the coffin for me. All those people present there, smirking, smiling at the leads while there was an infected psychopath inside with a kid, and a fatally injured person, those people are no longer humans for me.

They are actually worse than the infected people. Throughout the drama we have seen that most of the infected people were actually struggling a lot trying to stay human and also stay away from people so that they wouldn't harm them. We saw Na Min Soo who was introduced as a super greedy person trying to take over his sister's apartment turn into a good guy when he realized he is infected. But the other people are getting worse.

While I do hate the wife killer doctor, he actually has got reasons for whatever he is doing. His main objective was always to get the leads killed so that no one would know about his murder or pursue the case. I seriously think this guy would lay low if the leads would not be in the building or anyone would know about the murder he did. He is actually the smart guy here, playing around with everyone like they are pieces on his chess board.

As for cleaning couple, I actually understood them initially, thinking they are charging a lot of money for the food/water as means to get back at the residents who looked down on them for being poor. But they continued this selfish act of theirs. I never understood their request to move into another house, since it actually belonged to someone else, and it wasn't like they didn't have a place to stay. They were just scared since they were in the lowest floor where someone lived. And now they were acting like they were the owners of the things in their house, while it wasn't only them who brought it in. What annoyed me more was the fact that they were shameless enough to go and ask the T-shirt guy to share his stuff since he had a lot of them. I was understanding this couple initially and the fact that they were looked down for not being high class people, but then they became the worst kind of people in this situation. 

As for Andrew guy, I think we all got suspicious of him since the time he showed his id card where the photo was scratched. He has always been suspicious, but then I think the writers brought in the scenes where he would do some good stuff to the other characters, making it look like he might be good. On the other they kinda did the opposite to the T-shirt dude. He was shown to be shady all the time, and I do agree with Sae Bom, that he never would take those pills, and seeing him dead and knowing Andrew killed him, I think we can agree that this dude wasn't infected. I think he would have shared the items he had with the residents. 

As for the lawyer dude, first he was a trash lawyer by the looks of it, then he turned into trash human and cheater. And now that dude actively helped Andrew get into the leads' house, attack the police officer and sit with a kid. I at first thought maybe that lawyer guy was forced into doing it, he was blackmailed by Andrew (which could be the case), but then seeing him smirk in the final scene made me want to punch that scumbag's face. 

I don't really think I got to say anything about the wannabe house rep lady. Previews already showed that she will get infected as well. 

These guys all lined up with bags in front of Sae Bom's house with bags, of course to kiss upto Andrew dude since he is the owner of the 1501 unit and has got all the resources. The way he sat on the chair, he acted like he owned the whole place, so I wouldn't be shocked if he will act the owner of whole building making all those guys his minions. These stupid people have got brain with the size of a peanut actually. I am sure they all know that Andrew guy is infected, if they didn't realize yet, then I believe their skull is hollow and there is nothing there actually. What these guys don't think about is that kissing upto an infected guy means he will hunt them whenever he wants to. I think it is clear that the infected wouldn't attack the infected, he will go after fresh human blood, which means he will go after each of them one by one. And sorry, I do hope this does happen to at least some of them for them to realize their stupidity. 

I just can't get over them lining up in front of leads' house with bags, and smirk at them while they went to the door. 

Talking about previews, seems like Andrew dude will make them go for the generator and start it up. Seo Yoon is definitely not well, and seems to be out of meds, so taking her out is actually a priority as well. It wasn't really good to see Yi Hyun struggle and try his best not to drink water. I think Sae Bom has got the wind of it, but is not showing it since she doesn't to show him that she knows about it. 

As for Andrew, I think he could be the guy infected with the mutated virus. It was kinda hinted when the other infected guy on the rooftop left the roof when he was there, which suggested that this guy could be infected, although I didn't really think about it back then. But thinking about it, they definitely hinted towards this in that scene. So this guy could be the carrier of the most advanced version of the virus, which underwent several mutations, seeing how he resister water, didn't attack the cleaning couple while staying with them, and didn't react to the blood.

I wonder if it has something to do with the glasses and mask he wears. The mask could be for hiding his face, but also maybe it is to stop the human blood smell maybe. I think the glasses too could be to see the human blood in other color and not react to it. I mean the infected must be reacting to blood with either recognizing it with the color or smell, and if he is blocking both, then I think that's the reason. 

Anyway, so I do think that this dude will be the strongest infected person, and will not go down so easily. We have 2 episodes left, with a lot to cover, I expect the final 2 episodes will cover everything, and do get some good ending for this couple, Seo Yoon, and of course Han Tae Seok, and maybe some other characters too who have remained good so far. 

I had so much to rant about the characters I hated that this ended up being a very long post :loolz:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I had so much to rant about the characters I hated that this ended up being a very long post 

You and me both! It's been a long time since I hated characters to the level of these. Seriously, the humans are way worse than the zombies. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Spoilers from Ep10

- Andrew is a baddie?  He killed Old Cleaning Lady and also Penthouse guy (their necks were chewed so he’s a zombie?).  The real Andrew is dead.  Lady Lieutenant tells SB they found his body in his apartment (outside).  The guy who they think is Andrew (remember how he scrubbed out his photo on his ID card?) is someone pretending to be him :blink:. Turns out the real Andrew didn’t have a scar after all (maybe he didn’t even have ADHD and faked it all to get hired?).  Pretend Andrew probably faked being scarred when he was hired by Cleaning couple which helped him explain why he had to wear a mask?  The residents revolt.  Fake Andrew breaks into SB’s apartment whilst she and YH are out checking on Penthouse guy (they find his body in a cleaning closet).  Fake Andrew stabs Detective Hyung multiple times.  (Preview for Ep11 seems to show us that he’s not dead but we see Dermatologist trying to smother him with a pillow?).  Fake Andrew takes off his mask right at the end of Ep10.  Not that it helps us because we have no idea who he is :lol: even with his mask off? 

- YH tries not to succumb to his thirst.  Last we see him hovering over the bloodied body of his Hyung…is that enough to set him off?  :blink:

- they are trying to get Little girl out because her heart disease is starting to develop symptoms and she needs to get to the hospital.  YH is trying to convince SB to leave with her.  He cuts a deal with HTS.

- HTS uses SB’s blood/plasma on his wife and her zombie symptoms settle.  So it works.  He’s trying to buy time and keep SB safe from the higher ups because he knows that once that is leaked (that his wife’s symptoms subsided with her blood), SB would not be safe from being bled out (?) by the higher ups.  HTS knows that YH is infected because YH has been behaving out of character.

- Ep11 preview seems to suggest that residents are revolting.  Descending into anarchy.  Lord of the flies style.  SB and YH turn the back up generator on. Which sets the zombies on them?  Looks like YouTuber son is helping them by means of a getaway car?  HTS ominous voiceover to “Close it up after we get SB. YH is infected too. Tell them to shoot.” :tears:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

The last line in the  preview  is making me :tears: too. I'm glad SB's plasma helped HTS's wife, but HTS, please consider that others are just as concerned for their families as you are. Don't touch YH! Don't bleed out SB! 

SB totally knows YH is infected. It's so sad. :tears: And I'm worried about Seo Yoon, cause she has been through a lot of trauma, not to mention the fact that she does have a serious medical issue. 

Well, we knew this week would end in a cliffhanger if next week is the final week. Will we hate the nasty neighbors even more next week? Chances are: YES, 100%!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

tvN’s “Happiness” similarly maintained its position at first place in its own time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent. The apocalyptic thriller also held onto first place among viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 2.2 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-red-sleeve-and-now-we-are-breaking-up-continue-fierce-ratings-battle/#ixzz7E8dG6Xs4

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Watch: Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Can’t Stop Dancing Behind The Scenes Of “Happiness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 5, 2021
by S. P

tvN’s “Happiness” has shared a new behind-the-scenes look at the drama!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

The video begins with the cast members practicing a fight scene as they pour over the script and meticulously plan every action. Park Hyung Sik prepares for the scene by putting fake blood in his hand, and he works together with Han Hyo Joo to subdue the infected residents in the scene.

The two leads continue the action in the following clips by practicing their scuffle with Cha Soon Bae, who plays one of the infected residents. Although Han Hyo Joo accidentally kicks off her shoe in the first take, she then performs each move perfectly in the next take. Later on, Park Hyung Sik comes up with the idea to have blood drip dramatically from his hand to add even more detail to the scene.

Park-Hyung-Sik.jpg

During his fight with Cha Soon Bae, Park Hyung Sik accidentally kicks him with his foot, and the filming halts to make sure he is okay. To put everyone at ease, Cha Soon Bae jokes, “That’s the first time I’ve been hit in 30 years.” He then reassures Park Hyung Sik as he smiles and says, “You’re no joke.” The pair then wrap up their fighting scene in a safe and professional manner.

Next, Park Hyung Sik inspects a prop on set and rehearses his lines as he says, “Next.” Han Hyo Joo jokingly replies, “Level,” and the pair start dancing to the song “Next Level” by aespa. Although they remain professional for the filming that follows, they immediately go back to dancing after the director calls, “Cut.”

While holding the pill bottle that Park Hyung Sik had inspected during the scene, Han Hyo Joo wonders out loud how he was able to swallow the pills. Park Hyung Sik responds, “Don’t go spreading rumors,” to which Han Hyo Joo wittily says, “About your passion for acting?”

In another clip, Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik rehearse for a sweet scene where she wipes the sleep out of his eyes. When Park Hyung Sik remarks that the scene is like déjà vu, Han Hyo Joo agrees as she says, “I think we’ve had a scene similar to this before.” When Han Hyo Joo is unable to remove the crust from under his eye, Park Hyung Sik turns to the staff to ask if they used adhesive, Han Hyo Joo plays along by telling him, “Just go wash your face!”

Spoiler

Han-Hyo-Joo-Park-Hyung-Sik.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1502245wpp/watch-park-hyung-sik-and-han-hyo-joo-cant-stop-dancing-behind-the-scenes-of-happiness

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

My heart breaks for Yi Hyun so much in ep. 10..:bawling: I beg you drama PLEASE let him live!

Damn you Andrew I believed you damnit!:triumph: Why the heck couldn't he kill the other trash characters!? Why... Drama get too boring from overdose of niceness..!? Freakin' unbelievable. I am fuming here LoL. Thank goodness Sae Bom's antibodies work.

I don't understand why Tae Seok lied? Whatever he better not let anything happen to Yi Hyun. That's all that matters with Sae Bom, Seo Yoon. The rest I couldn't care less LoL. Next week's the finale oh my goodness Idk if I'm ready LoL.

The building rep. lady.. Ju Hyung.. the bloody lawyer and his "legal counsel" what a joke! He should be a gigolo if he likes sex that much! The wench.. the cleaning couple.. Andrew anyone I missed LoL? Just feed them all to the zombies. :evillaugh:

Sae Bom/Yi Hyun let's go! You got this guys. I have faith in you. Hang in there.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1