[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

On 12/1/2021 at 6:44 AM, realistic2280a said:

Hmm...i dont understand why jiun would want to investigate the king's death. Wasnt it confirmed that it was Hwi's grandfather who did it?..... or di te record say the other minister was responsible for it?

Also Officer Yoon, there was no choice but to be ^sacrifice^ since he wants to get the book out... but its amazing that the book would survive the river... heh... 

But last scenes shows why a king needs to know martial arts.. u dont know who is going to attack you.. hehe

4 more episodes to go... lets go!

No the blame for the late King’s death was put on So Eun’s father. Remember that Hwi’s grandfather put the blame on her father and they were taken away? Ji Woon also notcied something suspicious with the poisoning of the King too so that’s probably why he is investigating it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ferily said:

No the blame for the late King’s death was put on So Eun’s father. Remember that Hwi’s grandfather put the blame on her father and they were taken away? Ji Woon also notcied something suspicious with the poisoning of the King too so that’s probably why he is investigating it again.

Ah, Yes, so it was the other minister who was banished... funny, normally, that minister would have been executed... for ^conspiring^ to kill a king... merciful of Hwi's grandfather to let him go.. hehe

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can’t really blame the Queen for falling to the King. 

Too many people for Dami to deal with in the last 4 episodes.  Besides Her Royal Highness, there are the Grandfather, Prince Wonsan and the Uncle coming with a vengeance.

Maybe Hyun can neutralize Prince Wonsan.  The bodyguard could terminate the Uncle.  Dami has to battle out with the Grandpa in the finale.  Perhaps Jiun’s father could help with that. 

I wonder how they going to solving the problem with Ha Kyung when she finds out the King is a woman.  It’s such a dilemma.  They are both not at fault, although Dami would feel much guilty about it.  Can the bodyguard fall for Ha Kyung or something?

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Their jealousy and reaction are actually cute and hilarious.  I didn’t know I would be giggling so much at this scene, which I did every time watching it.

Their scenes can be so heartbreaking at times, while others are adorable.  Excellent performances by them both.  Great chemistry.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

JSJ already knew the gender identity of the King and had his son arranged for a marriage to protect both of them.

The Queen also realized that the King has no feeling for her and only asked for him to allow her to produce a heir.

As for Lord Changun, he died as soon as he reappeared :waitwhat: , getting slaughtered by JSJ - in a way its to protect the lie.

However, the preview for tomorrow's episode seems to suggest that Lord Wonsan approached Lord Sangheon for a deal perhaps by threatening the old man to reveal the identity of the King?

Ah what an episode… The uncle makes an appearance and stir up some trouble, just to meet his death by Ji Woon’s father. I knew from

the moment when Changeon met Jung Seok Jo, he would die because we all know what kind of person Ji Woon’s father is and he doesn’t hesitate to kill anyone that would harm him or his family. Well now Changeon is really dead and not faking his death or anything..

Its just a matter of time until Sangcheon finds out about Hwi being a woman and that Jung Seok Jo actually killed the real Hwi. I think he will find out next episode since Wonsan does approach him. I wonder what Sangcheon will do to Hwi once he finds out that Hwi’s a woman? I mean technically he got what he wants, Hwi to be king, so I feel like Sangcheon could threaten her that if she doesn’t follow what he says and do, he’ll kill everyone around her. Who knows that’ll actually happen though..

Finally, the Queen. Oh the Queen.. I know she doesn’t know Hwi is a woman but when she brought up to Hwi regarding producing a heir, I was like girl..it ain’t physically possible. The Queen will definitely be the most shock and disappointed when she finds out Hwi’s true identity.

I had a feeling that Ji Woon would accept the marriage only to protect Hwi. I knew he wouldn’t accept it unless he was threatened by his father and his father would hurt Hwi. I just want Hwi and Ji Woon to have a happy ending :crybaby: Don’t we all though?

Next episode I think we’ll get some more actions especially since we only have 2 more episodes to go after tomorrow’s episode! I hope Sangcheon doesn’t try to hurt Ji Woon or anything. Oh the part where we see Ji Woon running in the preview, I didn’t even think of this, but I read some of the netizens thoughts about episode 18 preview and they were saying Ji Woon’s running because he found out Hwi is Dami!! I feel like they are right! (Plus netizens are so good at predicting things in previews :lol:) So will ji woon FINALLY find out that Hwi is Dami?!? Ive been asking this since Ji Woon confessed to Hwi..

Also hasn’t Kim Seok Woo(Rowoon) OST come out already? Why haven’t I heard it in the drama yet?!

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, ferily said:

Ah what an episode… The uncle makes an appearance and stir up some trouble, just to meet his death by Ji Woon’s father. I knew from

the moment when Changeon met Jung Seok Jo, he would die because we all know what kind of person Ji Woon’s father is and he doesn’t hesitate to kill anyone that would harm him or his family. Well now Changeon is really dead and not faking his death or anything..

Its just a matter of time until Sangcheon finds out about Hwi being a woman and that Jung Seok Jo actually killed the real Hwi. I think he will find out next episode since Wonsan does approach him. I wonder what Sangcheon will do to Hwi once he finds out that Hwi’s a woman? I mean technically he got what he wants, Hwi to be king, so I feel like Sangcheon could threaten her that if she doesn’t follow what he says and do, he’ll kill everyone around her. Who knows that’ll actually happen though..

Finally, the Queen. Oh the Queen.. I know she doesn’t know Hwi is a woman but when she brought up to Hwi regarding producing a heir, I was like girl..it ain’t physically possible. The Queen will definitely be the most shock and disappointed when she finds out Hwi’s true identity.

I had a feeling that Ji Woon would accept the marriage only to protect Hwi. I knew he wouldn’t accept it unless he was threatened by his father and his father would hurt Hwi. I just want Hwi and Ji Woon to have a happy ending :crybaby: Don’t we all though?

Next episode I think we’ll get some more actions especially since we only have 2 more episodes to go after tomorrow’s episode! I hope Sangcheon doesn’t try to hurt Ji Woon or anything. Oh the part where we see Ji Woon running in the preview, I didn’t even think of this, but I read some of the netizens thoughts about episode 18 preview and they were saying Ji Woon’s running because he found out Hwi is Dami!! I feel like they are right! (Plus netizens are so good at predicting things in previews :lol:) So will ji woon FINALLY find out that Hwi is Dami?!? Ive been asking this since Ji Woon confessed to Hwi..

Also hasn’t Kim Seok Woo(Rowoon) OST come out already? Why haven’t I heard it in the drama yet?!

Hwi&Jiwoon's Nation:

:ohboy2:

I think they will get a happy ending away from the Palace. It's the only solution. BTW she burned THAT PRECIOUS BOOK in preview for ep 18 and i'm not feeling well about it.:criesariver:

And about her identity as Dami i hope writer will throw the bomb tomorrow, it's already late BUT i really hope to see Jiwoon run to her after discovering the truth. Maybe Hyun will play a big part in this little mess!

• Like 5

It is indeed a very sad episode, especially the end when they parted their ways with tears! (Rowoon and PEB have to work together on a romcom in the future.) tbh, I don't quite understand the roles of the evil uncle and brother in the drama. They havent caused even minor damage to the couple and they haven't got any gain from whatever they did. The plot should be focused more on hwi's strategy and his team to bring down the grandfather! 

@ferily thanks for the info from the netizens' world! It's probably because of this that Jiun wouldnt get married. Jiun will eventually find out Hwi is Dami. I wonder if the name that Jiun gave Dami will lead him to her or the enuch hong told him about that. I just wonder if Hwi will reveal to Jiun that his dad was trying to kill her and killed the crown prince by mistake. If Jiun knows about that, can he overcome the guilt and stay with Dami? 

• Like 5

I saw that Hwi burnt the book.. I forgot what is that book from again?

Also if Ji Woon does find out that Hwi is Dami, I feel like Lee Hyun would be the one to tell him? We do see Lee Hyun get angry at Ji Woon because He’s getting married so maybe Lee Hyun just let’s Ji Woon know about it?

Also oh yeah @sanghyuk that’s a good point about Ji Woon’s father killing the real Hwi.. I wonder if Ji Woon will feel guilty and not want to be with Dami because of that?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ferily said:

I saw that Hwi burnt the book.. I forgot what is that book from again?

Also if Ji Woon does find out that Hwi is Dami, I feel like Lee Hyun would be the one to tell him? We do see Lee Hyun get angry at Ji Woon because He’s getting married so maybe Lee Hyun just let’s Ji Woon know about it?

Also oh yeah @sanghyuk that’s a good point about Ji Woon’s father killing the real Hwi.. I wonder if Ji Woon will feel guilty and not want to be with Dami because of that?

The book itself proves Hwi as Dami because that book was given to her by Jiwoon in the second episode if i'm not mistaken. BTW he transcribed that book for her!:please:

• Like 4

@ferilythe original was given by the deceased king or crown prince when Dami was pretending to be crown prince, so it already has special meaning to Dami! Jiun ruined the book when they met at the secret garden, so he wrote or copied a new one for Dami.  It was a love token from Jiun to Dami and Dami gave Jiun the dices afterward!

it's a good point that hyun would be the one telling Jiun about Dami's identity!

@lolly84oh yeah, my mistake, he did transcribe for her, not just copying it

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

The book itself proves Hwi as Dami because that book was given to her by Jiwoon in the second episode if i'm not mistaken. BTW he transcribed that book for her!

Ah yes, that’s right! I was thinking it was that book but wasn’t 100 percent sure.. Thanks for explaining :) But why is she burning that book :tears: 

Also I know that Ji Woon gave a name to Dami.. I’m hoping that will come back up in the drama and when (if) Hwi and Ji Woon have a happy ending, she would go with the name that Ji Woon gave her :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 1