[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Blue Whisper 与君初相识 Season 1 & 2

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

My head is spinning with all the new characters added in this drama that were not in the novel. :doggie:I really have to concentrate on keeping them straight in my mind.

Me too! But I do like some of the changes. I am glad the Fox princess isn't the classic resentful rejected female character.

RJL and Reba acting is so good. Especially RJL, the way his eyes become clear and joyful in the last few episodes is amazing. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

My head is spinning with all the new characters added in this drama that were not in the novel. I really have to concentrate on keeping them straight in my mind.

@tantaran808  What are the New Characters? 

At least you've read the Novel.  I don't read the novel.  Neither do I watch reviews.  So I watch without knowing anything. :lol:

First, I don't like to read Fictional Novels. I usually read Non-Fictions.  Next I also don't have the time.   I've new activities besides work.  So very limited time left.

I wish there are more discussions in this thread though.  It's very quiet :(

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Me too! But I do like some of the changes. I am glad the Fox princess isn't the classic resentful rejected female character.

Especially RJL, the way his eyes become clear and joyful in the last few episodes is amazing. 

@ChibiLy  I agree with you on Ren Jia Lun.  And the Fox Princess too.  No comments on Reba.

Part 2 - Ep 15  (Or Overall Ep 37)

Spoiler

1) Chang Yi and Yun He:

The episode opens with Chang Yi and Yun He having their stroll in the Frozen Lake area.

YH: I did not do anything to help you.  Why are you so good to me.

CY: The scenery here is very nice.

YH: (Thought to herself).  What kind of an answer is that?  I better not stay wtih him.

CY: You can do anything.

YH: Really.  Then after enjoying myself at Bei Yuan, I'll follow my master home.

CY: Are you so unwilling to stay here with me?

YH: I'm afraid that you will lock me up again when we argue.  I don't want to spend the rest of my life here looking at your face.  I've not seen enough of the world.

CY: Let's discuss that later.

(I think CY is resigned to the fact that YH will not stay)

2) Lin Hao Qing and Siyu:

They still fail to create an antidote.  

LHQ received a letter from Qu Xiao Xing saying there is a girl called "Aji" in Bei Yuan.  QXX asked if this is related to LHQ

So LHQ and Siyu left for Bei Yuan

3) Zhu Ling (Shunde's Ally):

ZL's men caught Zi Feng.  ZL wanted to kill him off.  At that moment, one of ZL's men came to report that they could not find the Nerve-Centre of the Thunder-Fire Veins of the Earth.

Naturally Zi Feng offered his help.  After all he knows the place well.

4) Kong Ming and Chang Yi:

KM: It is not difficult for you to retain Yun He.

CY: I don't want to confine her. I want her to be Free.

KM: So she chooses Freedom over You?

CY: We're no longer Spiritual Master and Merman.  I've more responsibilities now. Not just my personal emotional matters.  I've to protect the lives of so many people.  I don't want this kind of responbilities to tie her down.  At the same time, I cannot accept this.  That she wants to leave.

5) Lin Hao Qing, Siyu and Qu Xiao Xing:

They met up.  LHQ confirmed that Aji is Yun He.

6) Yun He Cannot Decide:

Yun He wonders why Chang Yi looks so sad when she said she wants to leave.  Simultaneously she herself also feels sad seeing him like that.

Lin Hao Qing reunites with Yun He.  LHQ asked her why she is so disobedient - meaning why come to Bei Yuan.   YH explained that she was accidentally mistaken to be one Xian Shi's people and brought here.

LHQ suggested that they leave.  But YH was reluctant. Wants to stay a few more days.

YH: I've met the Merman from my dreams.

LHQ:  What did he say?

YH: He looks cold at first.  But he was good to me now.

LHQ: How do you feel?

YH: I feel funny. Sometimes my heart beats very fast.  Am I really his enemy before?

LHQ: How did I teach you?

YH: To look forward

7) Chang Yi and Kong Ming:

KM told CY that he received a letter from San Yue.  Xian Shi's power and strength comes from Zhu Yan.   Tian Jun and company are now confined in Wu Liang Shan.  Xian Shi will take actions soon.  This battle cannot be avoided.  What are you going to do about Aji?

8) Luo Suo and Chang Yi:

Luo Suo came in to report that Lin Hao Qing is spotted at their border.

KM: Must be for Aji

CY: Where is he?

Luo Suo: He knocked unconcious some of our guards.  Took a person away.  Gone to the rear mountain.

Chang Yi left with Luo Suo.

9) Bei Yuan Is Shaking:

The moment Chang Yi left, Kong Ming noticed that Chang Yi's boiling pot of water was shaking.  KM guessed it must be an Earthquake.

Someone has activated the Thunder-Fire Channel.  It was naturally Zhu Ling.  Brought to the Nerve Centre by Qi Feng - the Stupid Traitor.

Zhu Ling was confident.  Said this will facilitate Shunde's troops.  He wanted to force out the final drop of the Magma /Volcanic Lava.  Zi Feng was rejoicing.  But the next moment, ZL pushed Zi Feng down into the Burning Magma.

10) Chang Yi Vs Qu Xiao Xing and Siyu:

CY: "Lure the tiger out of the mountain?".  Meaning Lure the enemy from his base?

At that moment the ground start to shake.

ZXX: We are old acquaintances.  Please be lenient with us.

Siyu: XS is attacking.  Can you protect Yun He?

ZXX: The ground is getting warmer.

Kong Ming appears to tell Chang Yi that the Thunder-Fire Veins of the Earth has been ignited.

CY: Must be Xian Shi.  What will happen next?

KM: The Boiling Avalanches will fill up the rivers.  The mountain will erupt with the the Hot Molten Lavae.  The Earth will burn.  All living things will be reduced to ashes.

CY: Ordered KM to evacuate everybody

CY to QXX: Ask LHQ to take Yun He away

11) Yun He Returns To Chang Yi :

LHQ and YH were walking away.

YH stops in her tracks. Her heart hesitates.  Suddenly the ground below their feet shakes.  They saw the distant mountain erupting.

Siyu informed LHQ that Xian Shi has ignited the Thunder-Fire Channel.  And Chang Yi has gone to the Nerve-Centre to stop it.

Hearing that Yun He wants to run back without hesitation.

LHQ told YH a little bit about her  past relationship with Chang Yi.  Their tortuous past and how she is free at last.

YH: You said before that I'll find where I want to go.   Do what I want to do. I don't want to see people of Bei Yuan suffer.  Or something bad happen to Chang Yi.  I don't care what had happen between us in the past.  I just want to save people.

Suddenly Zhu Ling appeared.

ZL : So you have saved Yun He.  You have hoodwinked Shunde.  He shouted to his men: Take them down.

LHQ to Yun He:  Go and do what you want.  Go.

Siyu to Zhu Ling:  Since you already know that Yun He still exist, you cannot leave here alive.

(They fought)

12) Chang Yi At The Nerve Centre Of The Thunder-Fire Channel:

QY: wants to go in to assist.  Her maid stopped her. She herself is also hesitant.

But the next moment she saw Yun He rushing in without hesitation. (This is True Love)

YH: You merman.  Are you stupid? Struggling here alone.

CY: Why did you come back.  Don't you know how dangerous it is here? Go away

YH: I will not go away.  Bei Yuan does not belong to you alone.  I have my friends here. Besides you must not die.

CY: If I can  exchange my Life for the safety of others - it is worth it.

(The Fire and Lavae got stronger)

Yun He's Blood Pearl  suddenly burst (because of the Intense Heat) into small splinters.  Each splinter showed scenes of her Past History which then enters Yun He's mind:

Love, struggles, misunderstandings, separations, her imprisonment by Xian Shi, the torture from Shunde, reunion, death and rebirth

All flashes through her mind.

She transformed into a 9-Tailed Fox Demon and leapt into the Air.

"BIG TAIL FISH.  HERE I COME."

Together they tame the Thunder Fire.

Yun He was exhausted.  Chang Yi held her.  Before she fainted she told Chang Yi that As Aji, she lost her Memory.  But still she cannot forget him. (With that she fainted)

13) Lin Hao Qing managed to kill Zhu Ling with a Sword.

Then he saw Chang Yi carrying Yun He to safety:  He said to himself:

"I once thought a New Birth should cut off the Past so as to avoid the Pain.  But certain things are destined.  Cannot be Broken.  Cannot be Stopped.  She will still go back."

14) Shunde Is Getting More And More Out Of Control:

Her male servant came in to inform her of Zhu Ling's Failure to Ignite the Thunder-Fire and Death.

She was so infuriated that she began to suck this servant's internal Energy.  But stopped when Xian Shi walked in with a bowl of Medicine for her face.  XS told her that this Medicine will heal her face back to as before.

When Xian Shi's attention is averted, Shunde started to suck his Spiritual Energy.  But failed.  Seems Xian Shi has some Protection.  He pushed Shunde to her bed.

Shunde has gone Mad.  She asked XS why he did not kill her.  Since she has revolted and tried to absorb his Spiritual Energy.  XS said she knows why.  Meaning because of her Face.

Shunde shouted: "What I want, you cannot give.  What you want, you will not get".  She tried to destroy her face.  But Xian Shi forced the Bitter Medicine down her throat.  Then left.

15) Ji Cheng Yu and Shunde:

After XS had left, Cheng Yu went in to give her some advice.  Shunde hit back at him.  Saying XS had done wrong too.  But Cheng Yu still assist him.  Cheng Yu said he knows and he will pay for them one day. But when a person's foundation is evil, nobody can change her.

Shunde is beyond Redemption.  I believe she will eventually becomes the Ultimate Evil

16) Chang Yi - Yun He:

CY used his Spiritual Energy to heal YH.

KM came in and reprimanded him.  Saying he already used up so much of his Energy to fight the Thunder-Fire.  He should not further exhaust himself.  KM took over.

KM managed to stablised YH.  But her body is injured by the Thunder-Fire fiery poison.

CY said he wants to go into a Retreat to heal her.  He will use his Merman's Water-Control Technique to treat the Fiery Poison in her body.

KM still worry about CY exhausting himself.

CY: When I was fighting the Thunder-Fire Vein, Yun He voluntarily came in to help.  That means our Relationship is not yet over. Since it is not yet over, why should I not exhaust myself to heal her?

He said he'll leave Bei Yuan's Administration to Kong Ming when he is working in seclusion.

QY: Came and told CY not to worry about Bei Yuan.  She will assist Kong Ming.  She also gave Chang Yi a Box of Special Medicine for Yun He.

KM: Your attitude towards Yun He has changed?

QY: Yes. In the past I have been biased against her.  But changed after seeing the way she rushed in to help Chang Yi without hesitating. Their Love is something everybody should admire.   

She apologised for having hesitated to help Chang Yi. 

CY said he don't blame her. Because she has responsibilities towards Bei Yuan. It is a difficult decision to make.  If her late Father is still alive, he will be very Proud of her.  She has grown up.

17) Lin Hao Qing - The Source of Frost Poison:

Lin Hao Qing asked to see Chang Yi.  He entered the Main Hall and said he was surprised that Chang Yi is willing to see him.  Especially when he has hidden Yun He from him.  

CY: It does not matter.  As long as Yun He is alive.  You have taken care of her.

Chang Yi gave him the letter from San Yue.  To let him know that the Frost Poison came from Zhu Yan.

Note: Just a note of interest.  Lin Hao Qing names the reborned  Yun He - "Aji".  "Ji" means "To Commemorate".  To commemorate a New Birth?   A New Beginning?

I heard that the English Subs will be available on 22 April.  So I shall make this my Last Recap.   But we can exchange opinions. :blush:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi Everyone!  Did you all enjoy yesterday's 2 episodes?  I believe the streaming sites are "jammed".  I can't get in.  So I'm watching today.

I don't know about you all.  But I'm getting quite irritated by Luo Luo now.  I Fast-Forward her scenes.  At first I find her "Cute" and "Fun".   But too much of the same stuff is suffocating.  There is no growth in her character.

I'm on to another C-Drama already.  Also without English Subs.  But very good.  It is the kind of  Drama which I'll watch a second time.  Great casts,   Solid Plot with a lot of Depth.  Not an Idol drama.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

19 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@hush puppy I couldn’t view the latest episodes as well.  I guess too much traffic.  

Happy viewing on your next drama.  What is the title (English please)?

@tantaran808  I don't think you'll enjoy it.  Besides it is also from Youku.  So no English Subs.  It will be very difficult for Viewers to understand.  And when you don't understand, you will complain and give up.

It is a Historical, Political, Period Drama.  I love Non-Fictions.  Because we know things like that can really happen in Life.  And Facts can be stranger, more unimaginable and heart-rending than Fictions.  I  love History.  Because without History we cannot understand the Past..... and therefore the present.

I love the Casts.  Watching this drama, I come to know that we have so many Outstanding, Beautiful, Chinese Actresses out there. Actresses with Real Acting Abilities.   

I wonder why they did not become Famous and Popular.  They are so much more Natural and Convincing than the usual stocks of actresses who command the screen.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 2:22 PM, hush puppy said:

Hi Everyone!  Did you all enjoy yesterday's 2 episodes?  I believe the streaming sites are "jammed".  I can't get in.  So I'm watching today.

I don't know about you all.  But I'm getting quite irritated by Luo Luo now.  I Fast-Forward her scenes.  At first I find her "Cute" and "Fun".   But too much of the same stuff is suffocating.  There is no growth in her character.

I'm on to another C-Drama already.  Also without English Subs.  But very good.  It is the kind of  Drama which I'll watch a second time.  Great casts,   Solid Plot with a lot of Depth.  Not an Idol drama.

I cried alot in the last episode, but hey, that is what I expected after reading the the novel.

I tend to fast forward Luo Luo's parts. I do agree, she has had no character development. 

I can't wait for the English sub so I can fully understand what they are saying.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hi everyone, seems like it's quite here today)). I've managed to watch till ep 37 already, just had no time to write smth.

Should say last episodes are more interesting and intense than those right after

Spoiler

Yun He's passing.

On 4/20/2022 at 3:37 AM, ChibiLy said:

Especially RJL, the way his eyes become clear and joyful in the last few episodes is amazing. 

I've got a feeling they changed his makeup back to the one they've given him for the Flower Valley part, I suppose for the purpose of showing us he is getting back into that "pure soul" mood bcs Yun He is back and he finally sees "light at the end of the tunnel". 

I feel bad for Lin Hao Qing. All his effords in all parts of his life are wasted for nothing. And that heavy "potato-sack" "baggy- style" (name it yourself:crazy:) clothes he wears just drive me crazy. That beautiful actor deserves more!

Ji Cheng Yu is another character clearly up for chewing some glass. I expect nothing good for him in future. Seems like in his mind he decided to stand against Shifu, and we all know how people end up doing that. 

P.S. Ohh, and Happy Easter for those celebrating today:heart:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Hi everyone, seems like it's quite here today)). I've managed to watch till ep 37 already, just had no time to write smth.

Should say last episodes are more interesting and intense than those right after

Hide contents

I've got a feeling they changed his makeup back to the one they've given him for the Flower Valley part, I suppose for the purpose of showing us he is getting back into that "pure soul" mood bcs Yun He is back and he finally sees "light at the end of the tunnel". 

I feel bad for Lin Hao Qing. All his effords in all parts of his life are wasted for nothing. And that heavy "potato-sack" "baggy- style" (name it yourself:crazy:) clothes he wears just drive me crazy. That beautiful actor deserves more!

Interesting point regarding he make up. Its a good excuse to watch the drama from the start!

Lin Hao Qing is another tragic character. He deserves some happiness for his sacrifices.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

The ending is disappointing. 

Spoiler

We see Changyi globetrotting while waiting for Yunhe. The next scene, we suddenly see Changyi and Yunhe on a cliff w/o any explanation how he managed to find Yunhe. Then they both dive into the sea and we suddenly see 2 mermen emerging from the water. THE END. 

Does this mean that Yunhe became a mermaid? How did that happen? Is it the pearl he gave her before she jumped into the volcano? If so, why would that transform her? There are so many questions unanswered. Very unsatisfying ending :tired:

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Polly said:

The ending is disappointing. 

Reveal hidden contents

We see Changyi globetrotting while waiting for Yunhe. The next scene, we suddenly see Changyi and Yunhe on a cliff w/o any explanation how he managed to find Yunhe. Then they both dive into the sea and we suddenly see 2 mermen emerging from the water. THE END. 

Does this mean that Yunhe became a mermaid? How did that happen? Is it the pearl he gave her before she jumped into the volcano? If so, why would that transform her? There are so many questions unanswered. Very unsatisfying ending :tired:

The editing is terrible. The whole drama was amazing but the last episode editing is a major let down.

• Unamused 1

Hmmmm … the ending is not clear … but this is how I interpret it …

Spoiler

After tens of thousand of years, the evil ‘Qi’ has dissipated. Thanks to the protection of the Heavenly Heart Lamp, Yun He was unharmed. She was able to find her way to Chang Yi because of the pearl that he had passed to her before she entered the pit. As to why she developed a tail, it’s because Chang Yi has marked her as his one and only. This is the happy ending.

The bad ending is that Chang Yi only imagined that Yun He appeared and they swam off happily together into the sea. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

14 images

wqylc0y.jpg

Spoiler

dksCeqq.jpg

MVUMq0B.jpg

jLxRwbt.jpg

t0uV1ET.jpg

tKwruxs.jpg

yno9q8K.jpg

aVcDw8v.jpg

Spoiler

1gK3aJe.jpg

mCLZB5O.jpg

wvL2NIR.jpg

5VV2c9V.jpg

Z9hOGLo.jpg

f0DM91p.jpg

i rate this drama 7.2/10

good points
good music especially singer/composer sa-ding-ding
the fake winter trees and props look ok

bad points

Spoiler

"nobody dies" plot ---- snake , blackcat , female-lead , fox-king , blackcat again , butterfly , big-bro LHQ ------- total 7 revivals

most scenes done inside sheltered studio , limited real outdoor

winter wonderland color tone very muted

for middle part of the story , the badguy is a CGI talking monster attempting to come out , this is similar to 宸汐缘 2019 , very draggy to have CGI monster command humans to do bad things

Overall quality and excitement similar to 天醒之路 2020

I wanted to rate this show 7.5 but they did 3 revivals within 30 minutes , had to deduct some points.

No comments about the last scene of female lead turning into mermaid , my mind is closed from that point I'm not interested in deciphering how it happen within the magic logic.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

on a separate note, for those who could not get enough of Allen Ren and Seven Tan in 

Spoiler

Under the Power, there is a rumour that Capture70b27786bdea9e7c.jpg

they will be co-stars again in an upcoming costume drama entitled "His Majesty, Her Love". 江山為聘 or Jian Shan Wei Pin is a novel by Xing Yan Yan. The sypnosis of the story is the Crown Prince (ML) once saved Meng Tinghui (FL) from near death (apparently she was found in a state where she was unkempt and inarticulate). She enters an academy, excels in her studies and climbs her way up the political ladder in a few years, known for her ruthless and scheming ways. In her heart, she is driven by a strong desire to stand by his side as an equal. Her aim is to support him as he makes his way to becoming the Emperor. The novel has a HE.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@SC2019 I also heard the rumor about Allen Ren and Seven Tan.  Hope it’s true.

I’m still hoping for Eng subs on TBW.  I know there’s been a lot of chatter about the ending….. 

The last two episodes editing wasn't the best but its still worth watching. The majority of the drama is beautifully produced and great acting from the MLs.

Some people of translated the ending script. That helped to fill in the gap.