[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Blue Whisper 与君初相识 Season 1 & 2

sugarplum892

OK, finally I'm done with the last two episodes too.

Overall the last episode 

Spoiler

is rather disappointing. I can only guess how it was in the novel, but the production team clearly thought that they would manage to make everyone happy by resurrecting half of the cast. No, they don't. 

It's OK for Yun He to come back, it was expected. But Luo Lou- hadn't she clearly died?! They specifically shown us her death in every detail,  a good meaningful death actually...but hey, for whatever reason she is back and kicking. 

Re  Lin Hao Qing - really, you brought him back to make him a forever crippled guy with ugly facial hair?! It's not worth it at all! He died beautifully, he said what he wanted to say for a long time to his loved one - but no,   we'll bring him back so he could proceed with a miserable lonely life...

Also with Li Shu's "homecoming"- one of the main purpose we loved that guy and what made him so unique was his "cat" personality and what came with it. Now he is just another guy with Li Shu's face. We even can't be sure he would develop feelings for Sun Yue. I personally totally expected the black cat to turn into Li Shu- same as with a fox turning into Yun He. With what they've shown us seems like the whole cat theme is just irrelevant now, Sun Yue fed the black cat for nothing :crazy::D.

BTW, the same thing happened in Ancient Love Poetry with Feng Ran and prince Jing Jian. So nothing new. 

And certainly that ending... all of a sudden main leads jump from the edge and grow two tails without any explanation for poor viewers. Just no comments. I personally find such endings very disrespectful towards the drama audience. 

In addition, I would like to give some thoughts on one aspect I purposely avoided to speak about before the drama ends, and I am fully aware it would be denied by most of the drama viewers. But. From my point of view, till the 30- smth episode (when Yun He remembers everything), I can see and/or feel zero onscreen chemistry between the leads. They say meaningful words, they cry, laugh,  hug and kiss - but all I can see are two beautiful actors in costumes staying next to each other. There is just no "couple in love" feeling, no glimpse of emotion I get from watching them together. I remember watching Allen with his partner actresses in Under the Power and specifically in One&Only , I was like "WOW". And now this... so, for me it was very disappointing to watch. Ohhh:rolleyes:  Ready to be crucified :D

However, would like to end on a number of  "optimistic notes". I really enjoyed the whole plot, for me it's smth new, fresh, smth I've never seen before.

Totally in love with Shifu. A very well- written character and great job dome by the actor.

The Emperor- adorable young actor; at first I expected a bit more in emotional aspect- 

Spoiler

you are literally killing your only relative left- your sister- should not you be at least a bit more conflicted/sad by these situation? -

but in the end it's probably totally understandable, since it also shows

Spoiler

he is not a brother but  an Emperor responsible for the whole world in the first place. 

In conclusion, I think I would rate it smth about 6.5 out of 10. Definitely worth watching). 

• Insightful 1

On 4/26/2022 at 11:14 PM, SC2019 said:
Spoiler

"His Majesty, Her Love". 江山為聘

Hmm... Though I won't complain if it'd be Allen Ren, I'm actually hoping the final cast would be Seven and Steven (张新成/Go Ahead) instead. I feel a special chemistry between them, and hope they would be paired here, or in another good project or two.

:hwaiting:

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Blue Whisper 与君初相识 Season 1 & 2

With access to subbed episodes on VIKI and Croton,  I feel bloated with good fortune.  I’m savoring the episodes slowly to make them last longer.  The storyline is complex, to me, in Part 1 because of the explanations of characters’ past history.  Have to take notes :Megalol: 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Done watching this...finally the subs all came out.

I must say that it was very similar to t he book with some tweaks. 

I'm basically okay with it. I just didn't feel the passion between the two characters, though.

I don't know why. Anyway, thanks to the subbers. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finally sitting down to watch the eps now that official subs are out. Presently at Ep7, and I like it that at this point, the drama is still very similar to the novel. 

I love it that main and support cast are so in character that they play. I'm a sucker for good eye acting, and gosh, they very much nailed their scenes and roles. ❤️ 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 4:46 AM, ipohtown said:

Thanks @hush puppyfor the recap. 

Btw, what is the difference between blood pearl compare to the regular pearl? When Changyi cried, his tears became white pearl. So why blood pearl?

Yeah. I guess it represents CY dying with her.

Because in the novel, he said that the moment she died.. it felt as if he also died with her.

Or maybe some changes to make up for the fishmark.

In the drama, JYH soul disappeared in the air - along with his blood pearl.

While in novel CY froze JYH body, so the earmark stayed with her even after death - hence he still feel connected to her, feeling the ice cold in her body and the lava that destroyed it.

I guess bcoz they decided to change it from the novel,  instead of fishmark staying in her, it was the pearl.

I just finished watching this drama. And then read the novel. I must say am reallt disappointed with how the drama turns out.

I skipped lots of parts and scenes..  it is a good thing I watched it online.. imagine watching it on tv with no chance of skipping those boring scenes.. 

They should've just made it to 25 episode drama. Remove those unnecessary scenes for other characters. I am not interested with Li Shu and San Yue. 

The other antics going on with Lou Lou and the Ancient bird.

The magical bird was supposed to be really strong but ended up just adding to the problems later on.

I am not sure if they gave Shunde the background story but I hate that they redeemed the GM but didn't redeem Shunde's character - even though she was just a victim of his grooming.

Although some people was disappointed that Ren Allen didn't look as majestic compared to how beautiful he was described in the drama,  I think I like this Changyi more too.

I like the dorky scenes but didn't like the way they made them lovers early on.

Because imo the problem and misunderstanding came from them being two different species with different mindset and different world.

Both were attracted to each other for different reasons, both wanted to protect each other and cared for each other. 

But the problem was they were too different.  JYH knew the ugliness of the human heart whilst CY was innocent.  She always think of Changyi as a fish, with a forever pure heart, so obviously she never think he will understand her plans to protect him.

Dorky CY is definitely cute and Ren Allen was so good at acting pure and innocent,  I am amazed with his eyes.. they look as innocent. 

I hate that they made Ling HC a in love with JYH and didn't get a happy ending.

The drama isn't good, the only thing I like about this is the main couple.  I only watch their scenes.

I do not know if there is no chemistry with them because I just think they are cute together. 

This is probably my favorite role of Delriba. She look soooo beautiful in this series.  I'm just not a fan of her past characters but this one.. she look so different. 

Same with Ren Allen, I think he is really handsome in this series. 

• 2 weeks later...