[Drama 2022] Insider, 인사이더

larus

Good first two episodes. Gritty .  I always like Kang Han Neul. I watch his movies. I didn't watch his previos drama but I've watch the movies he's done. I also like Lee Yoo Young but depends on the drama she appears. I like her in Tunnel.

So the first two episodes more on the one year ago past. It's a peeve of mine. There'll be more scenes of how he got to his current situation leading to the present time when he running away in suit from buch of men in the gambling/market alleyways.  I want a continuation of the present time already.

I must admit I ff some scenes of ep 2.  don't  relish the thug stuff inside the prison. Last year and early 2022 I watch the  episdes One Ordinary Day drama which was heavy and more brutal but had  touch  good humor with a lawyer whereas this one is more grit and more prisoners ahd hardships. 

I also like the other cast. I recognize most of the senior actors playing the scary bad guys becaue they have the same character type from dramas.

One thing though I enjoyed this more than Doctor Lawyer. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kang Ha Neul Faces Off With His Prison’s Top Dog On “Insider”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 15, 2022
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Insider” has shared an intriguing glimpse of its next episode!

“Insider” is a new action suspense drama about a judicial trainee whose life falls apart in the blink of an eye while going undercover to investigate a corrupt prosecutor. While in prison, he begins to plot revenge for the betrayal he’s experienced.

Kang Ha Neul stars as the vengeful Kim Yo Han, while Lee Yoo Young plays Oh Soo Yeon, a powerful and well-connected underground businesswoman who makes Kim Yo Han an appealing offer.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Insider,” gang leader Song Doo Chul (played by Choi Moo Sung) proposed that he and Kim Yo Han work together. Revealing that their prison was essentially a gambling house, Song Doo Chul asked Kim Yo Han to try to get close to the powerful Jang Sun Oh (Kang Young Seok), a genius card player who essentially holds all the power within their prison despite being an inmate.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Kim Yo Han finally succeeds in catching Jang Sun Oh’s eye. In the first set of photos, Kim Yo Han kneels in front of Jang Sun Oh with an injured leg, while the other man gazes appraisingly back at him with an unreadable expression.

The next set of photos captures the two men facing off in an unofficial card game outside of the prison’s tables. Each man has a card plastered on his forehead, with no other information to go off of besides his opponent’s card and behavior. Jang Sun Oh wears a bright smile as he carefully watches Kim Yo Han’s every move, and Kim Yo Han returns his gaze with a determined look as he points to his own card.

As their game isn’t part of the prison’s established gambling system, the photos raise the question of what the two men could possibly be betting on.

Kang-Ha-Neul3.jpg

Spoiler

Kang-Young-Seok.jpg

Kang-Ha-Neul-21.jpg

Spoiler

Kang-Young-Seok-2.jpg

The producers of the drama teased, “The newly awakened Kim Yo Han is beginning to make moves as a true ‘Insider’ who has broken into Seongju Prison, within all of its established rules and laws. Instead of infiltrating from the bottom, he is going after Jang Sun Oh, who sits at the very top [of the prison’s hierarchy], and his actions will lead to unpredictable plot developments.”

To find out who emerges the winner of their game, tune in to the third episode of “Insider” on June 15 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1531047wpp/kang-ha-neul-faces-off-with-his-prisons-top-dog-on-insider

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Ha Neul Makes A Dramatic Transformation In New Special Poster For “Insider”

JTBC has released a special poster for its new drama “Insider“!

“Insider” is an action suspense drama about a judicial trainee whose life falls apart in the blink of an eye while going undercover to investigate a corrupt prosecutor. While in prison, he begins to plot revenge for the betrayal he’s experienced.

Kang Ha Neul stars as the vengeful Kim Yo Han, while Lee Yoo Young plays Oh Soo Yeon, a powerful and well-connected underground businesswoman who makes Kim Yo Han an appealing offer.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Insider,” Kim Yo Han found himself alone and in danger after entering prison undercover. After initially struggling in prison, Kim Yo Han was approached by gang leader Song Doo Chul (Choi Moo Sung), who suggested that they strike a deal. Song Doo Chul asked him to try to get close to the powerful Jang Sun Oh (Kang Young Seok), the genius card player who holds all the power within Seongju Prison, and promised that in return, he would protect him from Jo Hae Do (Han Jae Young).

However, after the tragic death of his grandmother and the betrayal of Mok Jin Hyung (Kim Sang Ho), Kim Yo Han was consumed by uncontrollable fury. As he made a dark transformation from “insider” to “revenge-seeker,” he became determined to use the rules and structure of the corrupt Seongju Prison—which is essentially a gambling house—to avenge himself and his late grandmother.

In the newly released poster, the disillusioned Kim Yo Han sits at a gambling table as he sets out on a high-risk, high-stakes quest for vengeance. He boldly declares in the caption, “I’m going to be the one to end things.”

Insider3.jpg

The producers of the drama teased, “Kim Yo Han’s battle for revenge and the hidden truth behind [his grandmother] Shin Dal Soo’s death starts now. As he gradually begins to see the identity of those whom he must fight, please keep an eye on how he moves towards his goal.”

“Insider” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. KST and is available with subtitles on Viki.

Kang Ha Neul Makes A Dramatic Transformation In New Special Poster For “Insider” | Soompi

• Like 1

202206160824523333_d_20220616082702835.jpg?type=w430

The third episode recorded 3.2% viewer ratings in the metropolitan area and 3.4% nationwide (Nielsen Korea, based on paid households).

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/052/0001752190

202206160844426835_1_20220616084504908.jpg?type=w430

2022.06.16. 8:45 am

[Reporter Lee Seung-gil | My Daily]

JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Insider' apologized for the controversy surrounding Buddhism. 

On the 15th, 'Insider' said, "The production crew recently visited the Jogye Order to understand that the scene and background could cause misunderstandings and give a distorted impression, and we apologized." 

He continued, "We have decided to reflect our apology on the 3rd and 4th episodes of 'Insider', and the currently discontinued VOD replay service and video clip of 'Insider' will be restocked after deletion and editing of the scene (service resume) will do it,” he added. 

In the first episode of 'Insider', which was aired on the 8th, there was a scene where a monk and a gambler had a large amount of illegal gambling in the courthouse. 

The Buddhist community immediately objected to this. The Jogye Order's Religious and Peace Committee issued a statement saying, "We made the Temple Beopdang, a space where the Buddha, the symbol of Buddhism, is enshrined, into a large gambling hall, and broadcast a scene of monks and other gamblers playing large sums of money for 15 minutes. It is a broadcast that maliciously and blatantly disparages monks and ridicules Buddhism.” 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003614354

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Jinxed At First” Premieres To No. 1 In Ratings As “Eve” And “Insider” Follow Close Behind

JTBC’s “Insider” recorded an average nationwide rating of 3.382 percent, which is the drama’s new personal best record and also a slight rise from the previous week’s rating of 3.3 percent.

“Jinxed At First” Premieres To No. 1 In Ratings As “Eve” And “Insider” Follow Close Behind | Soompi

• Like 1

Stills

image_readtop_2022_527502_16553528185077

The 3rd episode of JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Insider' (directed by Min Yeon-hong, written by Moon Man-se, produced by Ace Factory∙SLL), aired on the 15th, recorded 3.2% in the metropolitan area and 3.4% nationwide (Nielsen Korea, based on paid households). In the 20-49 target audience rating, the drama took first place.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2022/06/527502/

'Insider' Heo Seong-tae, a confused smile in thick glasses... The first appearance of the main villain

202206161325116053_d.jpg

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0117_202206161325116053

• Like 2

The Dean is so crazy but I like their scenes although Im not sure that he is honest.

Im glad Yohan was a little pleased because he won. I assume thats why he covered 

his head when he got back to his cell.

• Like 3

Episode 4

We're beginning to see where the story is going or at least I hope I am getting it right. But, there was no gambling in this episode. :partyblob:

Young Seok as Sun O. He has visions of a gambling empire when he gets out of prison where even the police, prosecutors and powerful people will be under his control. He is in a way doing his HR recruitment in prison. Thus, the prison time seems like a dry run for his future empire. For some reason, he likes Yohan to the extent he is teaching him the trade secrets. It looks like his other followers are not too happy about that. I like this guy's scenes but have not watched him in any drama movie before. I think Yohan may surpass him eventually.

Choi Dae Hoon as No Seung Hwan
So he is neither deaf or mute. He is Sun O's no. 2. A white collar criminal. In jail for 4 years for embezzelement.

Choi Moo Su as Doo Chul. I like him but maybe from other dramas. Here, he was the first to help Yohan by saying he will call off the gambling den boss who was hounding him for repayment of losses after the raid but, his minions were still after Yohan for the weekly instalments by lending Yohan the gambling fund which totalled $800M won and for breaking Yohan's ankle just so that he will have an excuse to go to the infirmary to look for Sun O. I think his target was Sun O and he was making use of Yohan to get to him. But, I don't know why. When Yohan left his cell protection and joined Sun O he tried to kill both Sun O and Yohan. So, now he is in solitary. Wonder if we will continue to see him.

Oh Su Yeon starred by Lee Yoo Young She first met Yohan at the gambling den before the raid. She seeks out Yohan in the prison and offers to help him. In return, she wants his help to get back at Yoon Byung Wook. I think she suffered some PTSD. She is always reciting 1 prosecutor and 2 prosecutors etc. Wonder if she was harmed when we was in her teens and thus has been planning revenge for 20 years.

Kang Ha Neul as Kim Yo Han. He was made use of by his father's old work colleagues and landed in prison for an undercover project. There's some political situation at the prosecutor's office which I am not sure of yet. As a result, his undercover data is deleted from the system and he is left to rot in prison. His grandmother was also murdered. Thus, he now has to find out why and perhaps take revenge. The way to do it is to get power in prison by gambling. There seems to be another group of prisoners in the lux wing who are even more powerful than Sun O.

Kim Sang Ho played Mok Jinhyung character. This was the father's colleague who betrayed Yohan. He was also seen moving the grandmother's body. At the end of episode 4, Yohan had stabbed him in the neck and he was bleeding profusely. Will he die? Seems too soon. He was after a video that he sent Yohan into prison to find. But, the prisoner who has the video is now mentally and physically challenged after drinking clorox.

Heo Sung Tae as Yoon Byung Wook
My favourite villian. Looks like he is the main villian from the prosecution. Not seen much of him yet.

Edited by syhon
  • Like 3

I thought nothing in the drama could make me laugh until that lollipop scene between YH and Dean,

even though I felt  sorry for Yohan.

They shared the lollipop so smoothly.  :D

Poor Yohan...but even the Dean was surprised with the amount of those chips.   

FVb-WpWXsAAXgko?format=jpg&name=small

The snow scene was kind of melancholic. 

I wonder if that last scene really happened or  is it YH's imagination. :unsure:

• Like 3