[Drama 2021] Destruction/Doom At Your Service, 어느 날 우리집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 - Park Bo Young & Seo In Guk

larus

Doom at Your Service: Episode 5

by quirkycase

DaYS05-00617.jpg

After our heroine puts herself in harm’s way to save our gloomy lead, he realizes his understanding of humans may be less complete than he thought. Since he can’t read our heroine’s thoughts, he’s left with good old-fashioned observation to try to make sense of her motivations. To our heroine’s exasperation, he decides this is best accomplished by following her everywhere and never taking his eyes off her.

EPISODE 5

After compelling the attacker to cut his own throat, Myeol-mang reiterates that people can only want, resent, or fear him. Dong-kyung slowly reaches up to touch his blood-streaked face, but he grabs her hand before she can touch him.

He moves them away from the entrance, and Dong-kyung marvels at his completely healed hand. He swats her away and asks who she thinks she is. Meanwhile, medics rush the man into the hospital where no one remembers seeing Dong-kyung and Myeol-mang during the incident.

Myeol-mang angrily asks why she’d endanger herself to protect him when she was wishing for his death shortly before. Anyway, she knows he can’t die. Dong-kyung fires back that he can still hurt and bleed. She sees the suffering in his face every day, and she can’t help wanting to spare him more pain.

DaYS05-00060.jpg

He sighs that he’s not the one in pain. Dong-kyung retorts that if he knows that, he should stop yelling at a sick person. “Just like I’m not getting mad at you!” she says angrily. Ha. Somewhat baffled, Myeol-mang says they should drop it.

Dong-kyung answers his question from earlier about why her life is special enough that she should survive. There is no reason – it just is. The same is true now. There’s no reason for why she tried to save him. It just happened by instinct. She apologizes for “not knowing her place,” but she doesn’t regret what she did. He should thank her.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/doom-at-your-service-episode-5/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I shared this on another site so I will do the same here.  The opening credits bode well for our OTP.  Although I am not sure how the writer will weave her story.  The end features them together in some shape or form.  Too many pics so it’s in a Google doc. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UShVvw9NCDfQfv6nrPHugWbuLJkxcc1kMiIWwLEG6l8/

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Watch: Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Overcome Heavy Rain And Fatigue To Film The Perfect Kiss Scene For “Doom At Your Service”

ca08c1a814f74d5c8bfca04c6ec7862b.jpeg?s=

May 27, 2021
by S. Cho

Doom at Your Service” has shared a cute new making-of video!

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

The clip begins with Park Bo Young pretending to be angry that Seo In Guk is going home before her. She does everything she can to make him stay longer, jokingly saying, “My condition is so bad right now I think we’ll have to shoot the full shot later.” Seo In Guk responds, “You’re good! You’re so good!” Someone else chimes in from the background, “This is where she’s using her acting?”

Later, the two are filming outside when Seo In Guk realizes that the ground is not level. He asks for another cushion to make sure he’s eye-level with Park Bo Young, but she insists that she stay higher than him, even asking for photos. Once he returns with a cushion, Park Bo Young jokingly whispers, “I’m not talking to him for a week!”

Kwon Soo Hyun appears for his cameo appearance as Park Bo Young’s blind date and Seo In Guk rehearses the best ways to make her character jealous. They begin filming and Kwon Soo Hyun’s character asks Tak Dong Kyung what she likes to do in her spare time. She responds, “I typically watch TV, read books,” before bursting out into laughter. The director calls out a reminder, “They’re not asking about Bo Young, they’re asking about Dong Kyung!”

At night, Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk prepare for their emotional kiss scene in the rain. During rehearsals, Park Bo Young practices running up the stairs with their director. Exhausted, she jokingly comments, “Okay! We’ll shoot without rehearsals.”

After the shot of their kiss, Park Bo Young shyly asks, “I’m really sorry, but can we move this [sprinkler] over a bit?” Seo In Guk chimes in, “Bo Young was getting hit in the face! She was looking at me but couldn’t open her eyes!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471727wpp/watch-park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-overcome-heavy-rain-and-fatigue-to-film-the-perfect-kiss-scene-for-doom-at-your-service

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

the love triangle is pretty interesting, cute, and normal, but this drama isn't normal at all!!! :tears: i have to skip their scene because MM and DK offer more interesting plot and feeling. but i'll re-watch their scene after this finish because surely their cute love story will heal my broken heart IF the writer decides that sad-ending is the best ending for MM and DK :tears::tears::tears::tears:

• Like 2

I really love this drama and wondering why this forum not so active. 

The last episode really keep us hanging with why MM have to disappear. 

When DK made the wish for MM to love her and MM said no, there is a moment of disappointment shown on her face and MM took that glimpse and decided to go for kiss. Is that out of pity as if Joo Ik kissing Jina? 

I remember Joo Ik mentioned he hated the person but ended up kissing her out of pity.

We already seen MM tried so hard to hate DK and ended up kissing her but not sure if this is because of pity or he really developed feelings.

MM saying no to the wish could be because of few factors:

1. He can only grant wish related to the one wishing (DK) hence he give suggestion for DK to wish for loving him. Since DK asking the other way around, this can't be done as he said he is not human and have no emotion.

2. He really have feelings to DK and he is in denial.

3. This is a loop hole on their contract so he afraid DK can die (instead of him) because who want to be separated when they are madly in love at each other? This contract seems to work both ways, whoever break the contract will lose the person he/she loves the most at that time. MM has eternity so it will be very sad for him if he madly loves DK and she dies.

We also see that DK asking to people around her on what kind of wishes to make if you only have 100 days to live. Majority said money but she doesn't want that (what benefit to ask money if she will die later). And money is not on top of DK list to be happy.

Good idea come from Joo Ik where he suggests to have passionate love as in romance novel (of course because they work in Life Story). DK thought that is the only way to wish for her to love him (since she is yet in love to MM). I love that Joo Ik give better idea to wish for that person to madly in love with her! And as Seonyo Shin mentioned, human love is dangerous since they will do everything to keep their love one happy. DK keep thinking about this and decided to go with Joo Ik idea.

In next episode it seems we will get throwback to DK childhood memories. 

They will come back again for sure, we are yet to see the ramen and amusement park scene as in teaser.

• Like 5

I think the reason for MM disappearing is because the Girl Deity is attempting to have the 2 of them fall in love the “right” way.  Where they love each other unconditionally.  The acid test is the pot plant.  If it doesn’t grow/bloom, the conditions are not right - BOTH have to come to the party at the right time with the right motivations.  Presently we have DK still exploring what love is/means.  It’s all in her head?  It doesn’t seem to have hit her heart yet?  I think in part it’s got to do with her shutting down emotionally when her parents died.  She stopped crying.  On the other hand, we have MM who seems to be the one “falling” for DK but he just seems to find her fascinating.  She is the only one who sees the “real” him.  He’s a lonely figure so to have someone like her to talk to etc makes life interesting?  He cast a spell earlier on her to get her to kiss him but she stopped.  So his “love” is still self serving.  It’s not exactly right?  And I think him wanting DK to love him (and in so doing call death on himself when she breaks the contract) is just his way of wanting to tap out (he’s had enough of living as Doom).  I think that’s the reason why Girl Deity pulled the reset button at the end of Ep6.  Because  the pot plant wasn’t blooming with that kiss.  The scales are tipped more over in MM’s side than DK’s.   I don’t know what the reset means in this DramaVerse.  I guess we will find out. :lol:

The other pair is a mirror of the First leads.  They are also exploring the meaning of love.  There are lots of similarities between Team Leader Cha and MM.

1. both are loners and seem to have dark moods

2. both have secret identities and are elevated above normal folk - one is supernatural MM and the other is Chaebol (he owns the building his company is located in).

3. both have fallen for clueless females :lol:

4. both have brushed their respective girl interest’s faces 

5. both female leads have unresolved issues which they haven’t “let go of” in their past.  The 2FL, her past love. DK, the sudden death of her parents.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Seo In Guk, Park Bo Young, Shin Do Hyun, And Lee Soo Hyuk Are Teasing And Affectionate While Filming “Doom At Your Service”

8eb1f483cca64068b970896345a1cf3c.jpeg?s=

May 28, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Doom at Your Service” released a new making-of video!

The fantasy romance drama is about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

The new behind-the-scenes video begins with Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young carefully rehearsing their script with the director. The director reads the description, “Dong Kyung’s gaze, which is trying to find out [the truth], and Myul Mang’s gaze, which is trying to hide it.” Seo In Guk asks, “How do you do that?” The director requests Park Bo Young to try to find the truth, and Park Bo Young complies by leaning in close with her eyes hilariously open wide.

Seo In Guk takes his hand away roughly from Park Bo Young according to the director’s instruction, and Park Bo Young pretends to cry. Seo In Guk sweetly comforts her, asking with laughter, “Were you hurt?”

While rehearsing the scene in which Seo In Guk has to catch the falling Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk throws down his script to rehearse properly. He bursts out laughing as the director repeatedly says, “Don’t laugh. You can’t laugh. This is a cool scene, so you can’t laugh.”

Later, Park Bo Young pulls in Seo In Guk close, and Seo In Guk shares, “When our hand placement changed, it felt like you were saving me.” He adds, “It feels like I’m being protected.”

The director also assists Lee Soo Hyuk in the romantic scene with Shin Do Hyun. However, his hand is at a loss as to how to caress Shin Do Hyun’s face softly. Eventually, Lee Soo Hyuk perfects the scene through multiple takes with the director’s guidance.

During their break, Shin Do Hyun tries to get Lee Soo Hyuk’s attention, but he playfully pretends to ignore her. Shin Do Hyun asks, “You’re really going to pretend not to see me like this?” Back at filming, Shin Do Hyun comments, “He looks like he would be good at this, but he’s an innocent person.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471789wpp/watch-seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-shin-do-hyun-and-lee-soo-hyuk-are-teasing-and-affectionate-while-filming-doom-at-your-service

• Like 7

On 5/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Hot damn can the man kiss! 

I liked that Bo Young put her arms around him, instead of hanging on the side like most other actresses do. Then In Guk wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her in closer ooh baby~

The way he looks at her dear GOD LoL. I think the lil sigh he let out before kissing her was because he knew it was somethin' he'd regret but does it anyways. 

I don't get what happened between Ji Na & Hyun Gyu..? And did she not meet Joo Ik before..? Or did she assume Hyun Gyu was an only child Idk?

Are Hyun Gu and Joo Ik brothers? I am a little confused..

• Like 2

@luffie

Oh y'mean they're not related..?! Idk LoL. I just assumed from the conversation Joo Ik had during the meal with his dad.

@nrllee

Always liked reading your thoughts LoL. I don't get most of the plot? It's too convoluted. Or maybe it's a bit out of my understanding ha-ha?! 

I do agree how Doom-nim & Joo Ik mirror e/o! Coincidentally both acted in "High School King of Savvy". 

I'm not sure which side is that girl patient on.. Is it for benevolent or nefarious reasons? 

I do think Doom-nim has fallen for Dong Kyung already but he seem to still be in a conundrum. Well, I guess living for 4 centuries can make anyone go cynical ha-ha. 

Oh just wanted to add Lee Soo Hyuk's voice is like butter. Very delightfully asmr~

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I'm not sure which side is that girl patient on.. Is it for benevolent or nefarious reasons? 

That’s the problem with deities in KDramas.  A lot of the time they don’t really fit in black or white categories.  Like MM.  He’s supposed to be dark and bringer of doom and destruction.  But he exhibits moments of “kindness” with DK?  Girl Deity said initially that she was hands off.  She just gives life and then leaves everyone to just live their fated lives with no interference on her part.  Yet now we see her interfering?  She deliberately bumped into DK at the funeral home to get her to remember MM?  Then she seemed to almost threaten to remove the red bracelet?  She’s trying to get the pot plant to grow (this represents DK and MM) but she didn’t like how their relationship was progressing so she aborted?  I am still trying to figure out what her motivations are.  She seems innocent enough but like most deities in KDrama, they can be fickle and unpredictable.  Initially I thought she was jealous of DK.  Just like the love triangle in real life between the 2 men and DK’s writer friend.  But maybe not. :lol:.  Still trying to work out how the writer’s DramaVerse works.  Will need to wait for more reveals.

• Like 3

Seo In Guk Is Ice-Cold In Front Of Jung Ji So In “Doom At Your Service”

237d47f5d5df423394ad226d6d7716c7.jpeg?s=

May 30, 2021
by U. Kim

Seo In Guk and Jung Ji So will be confronting each other in the next episode of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service.”

The fantasy romance drama is about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Myul Mang kissed Tak Dong Kyung and displayed the feelings he had been holding back. But at that moment, Sonyeoshin (Jung Ji So) narrated that she was going to reset Myul Mang, whom she created, and Myul Mang suddenly disappeared.

New stills of the upcoming episode show Myul Mang and Sonyeoshin together. Myul Mang stares at her with an icy expression of rage and loneliness. On the other hand, Sonyeoshin has a soft smile on her face as she looks back at him meaningfully.

She hands him a bundle of yellow tulips, which means “unrequited love” in the language of flowers. This gesture of Sonyeoshin’s may be her way of telling him to stop dreaming of loving Tak Dong Kyung, who is human. Myul Mang appears to be deep in thought, seeming to know the significance of the yellow tulips. What could Sonyeoshin be thinking, and what will happen to the relationship between Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang, who have just confirmed their feelings for each other?

seo-in-guk-jung-ji-so.jpeg

The drama’s production team revealed, “Another layer of sadness will be added to the romance between the human Tak Dong Kyung and the otherworldly being Myul Mang. Please anticipate the upcoming broadcast and see what kind of role Sonyeoshin will play in Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang’s relationship.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471969wpp/seo-in-guk-is-ice-cold-in-front-of-jung-ji-so-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Doom at Your Service: Episode 6

by quirkycase

DaYS06-01024.jpg

Doom is now on board with our heroine’s plan, but she’s having second thoughts. As she looks for alternatives, he does his best to convince her to stay the course. Meanwhile, the goddess takes notice of the deepening connection between our leads and contemplates how to ensure they don’t upset the balance.

EPISODE 6

Dong-kyung questions what he means by asking her to love him. Myeol-mang calls it a thank you for trying to protect him, but Dong-kyung argues he just wants to die. She doesn’t buy it when he says he wants to save her.

Myeol-mang doesn’t see the downside, but Dong-kyung doesn’t feel good about it. After seeing the pain his work causes him, she believes he’s a good guy, even if he can’t see it. Dong-kyung has come to realize she wants to live happily, not just survive at all costs. If she kills Myeol-mang, she won’t be able to live happily.

Now their roles have flipped, and Dong-kyung is the one trying to detach while Myeol-mang works to keep her closer. That night, she wants to go back to sleeping in her room, but she stays on the couch after Myeol-mang threatens to mess with her house.

As they lay on their respective couches, Dong-kyung accuses Myeol-mang of asking for her love when he doesn’t even know what love is. He doesn’t disagree and tries out phrases on her like “I love you,” “I’ll die in your place,” and “sleep well.”

Myeol-mang vents to the goddess the next day about how weird Dong-kyung is for doing things like naming him, but the goddess thinks they suit each other. A name is only necessary when you have someone to address you, and now he does. Myeol-mang denies wanting that, but the goddess argues he’s been whining like a child for someone to call out to him.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/doom-at-your-service-episode-6/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Watch: Park Bo Young Gives Behind-The-Scenes Tour Of Her Editing Office In “Doom At Your Service”

3e6f962f451048329871b3cb6546ac8b.jpeg?s=

May 31, 2021
by S. Nam

Park Bo Young shared a behind-the-scenes look at tvN’s “Doom at Your Service”!

In the new making-of video, Park Bo Young transforms into Tak Dong Kyung to give a tour of her web novel publishing company called Life Story. When asked about the work-life balance at the company, Park Bo Young shares, “It’s not good. I thought all I had to do was edit. There’s too much to do. CEO, please increase the staff, increase our pay, or negotiate our annual salary.”

Park Bo Young shares a 360-degree look at the Life Story office, mentioning how beautiful it is. She takes the viewers to her seat and introduces where the different characters sit. Mentioning Cha Joo Ik’s (Lee Soo Hyuk‘s) location, she shares, “I’m dissatisfied because we’re too close. Since the team leader is too close, I can’t do anything else. Everyday, I turn [the computer], but I get the feeling he’s watching me.”

The actress continues to reveal the CEO’s seat, showing how he can keep an eye on everyone from his desk while also having privacy in his separate office. Angry at the thought of him scolding Tak Dong Kyung, Park Bo Young shares, “I’ll quit one day.”

Park Bo Young takes the tour to the meeting room where the writers come in to discuss future plans. She also points out that she likes how the pages of a book are stuck up on the wall for decoration. Giving a detailed look at the office’s pantry, Park Bo Young mentions, “This is the furthest place from the CEO’s office. That’s why we drink coffee here, chat, and say some bad things about our CEO.”

Back at the meeting room, Park Bo Young shares her favorite part of the company is the round table made using books. From a shelf, Park Bo Young takes out a blue book titled, “He Always Smells Like Soap,” which is Na Ji Na’s (Shin Do Hyun‘s) web novel. Park Bo Young shares, “This is the novel written by Ji Na, who I love very much. She has to get away from this person who always smells like soap so that she can write an even better project.”

Park Bo Young also introduces the other writers at Life Story, such as Dalgona (Oh Yeon Ah) and Gwigongja (Nam Da Reum), who is going through puberty. She shares, “I thought we just had to manage the writer’s writing, but that’s not it. Our job also includes taking care of the writer’s mental health and removing the elements that distract the writer.” She adds to writer Gwigongja, “Please, behave.” In an extra clip at the end of the video, Park Bo Young shares a brief look at Tak Dong Kyung’s room and her diary.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472095wpp/watch-park-bo-young-gives-behind-the-scenes-tour-of-her-editing-office-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 6

Park Bo Young And Seo In Guk Hide Their True Emotions In “Doom At Your Service”

e117b34e7e3c4c2396b72f4c725a8c72.jpeg?s=

May 31, 2021
by L. Kim

Doom at Your Service” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

The tvN drama is a fantasy romance drama about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Myul Mang kissed Tak Dong Kyung and displayed the feelings he had been holding back. But at that moment, Sonyeoshin (Jung Ji So) narrated that she was going to reset Myul Mang, whom she created, and Myul Mang suddenly disappeared.

New stills from the upcoming episode show Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang’s reunion. Myul Mang’s expression is icier than usual, and it’s almost as if he’s trying to hide his true feelings from her. Tak Dong Kyung also faces him with unwavering eyes, and subtle tension flows between them. Then suddenly, Tak Dong Kyung’s expression falls in pain, and her eyes fill with tears. What will happen to the relationship between Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang, who have just confirmed their feelings for each other?

seo-in-guk-park-bo-young-14.jpg

The drama also unveiled stills of Lee Soo Hyuk and Shin Do Hyun. Lee Soo Hyuk plays Cha Joo Ik, Tak Dong Kyung’s co-worker at the editing office of a web novel publishing company called Life Story. Shin Do Hyun takes the role of Na Ji Na, a web novelist at Life Story who is Tak Dong Kyung’s best friend and Cha Joo Ik’s love interest.

Previously, Na Ji Na slowly started to get tangled in a love triangle with Cha Joo Ik and Lee Hyun Kyu (Kang Tae Oh). Na Ji Na signed an exclusive contract with Cha Joo Ik, a man she kissed for the first time without knowing his name, in order to make a top romance novel. At the same time, she became reunited with Lee Hyun Kyu and struggled with her feelings for him.

In the newly released stills, Na Ji Na visited Life Story, which is Cha Joo Ik’s workplace and the place where she’s affiliated with as a writer. Na Ji Na vents her anger to Cha Joo Ik, but her expression is shadowed with sadness. Cha Joo Ik listens to her sudden emotional outburst with an indifferent expression. When she sinks onto the floor and starts to tear out her hair, he stoops down beside her and gently comforts her. It will be exciting to see what direction their romance will head next.

shin-do-hyun1.jpg

Spoiler

lee-soo-hyuk2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472156wpp/park-bo-young-and-seo-in-guk-hide-their-true-emotions-in-doom-at-your-service

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I like that even during her darkest moments, Dong Kyung was never alone.. She always had her dear aunt and silly brother to be there for her.. And now.. she's got Doom-nim eheh. 

Still don't know what that female deity's up to..? If she's tryin' to prove to Doom-nim, that there's no pleasure without pain - eh--mission accomplished no LoL? 

Why does everyone think marriage is the solution to everything?! Ugh I was so mad at that jerk writer for sayin' that during the dinner! Now everyone knows Dong Kyung's dying. 

The other I'm unsure about is Joo Ik's feelings for Ji Na LoL. So he helped Hyun Gyu to win her over but ended up fallin' for her instead? 

• Like 1