[Drama 2022] Why Her / Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가

larus

Triangle? If I havw to guess I'd say Bae In Hyuk's character's  of lonely law student is either verbally abused or lack of parental love. He's the 2nd second son of the law firm chairman (Heo Jun Ho)

#same

#feels

all post ctto

• Like 3

Hwang In Yeop Showcases Warm Charms As A Law Student With Great Empathy In Upcoming Drama “Why Her?”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 16, 2022
by L. Kim

SBS’s new drama “Why Her?” shared a new glimpse of Hwang In Yeop in character!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan who will do anything to protect her. The drama also stars Heo Joon HoBae In HyukKim Chang WanLee Kyung YoungBae Hae Sun, and more.

Hwang In Yeop’s character Gong Chan has great empathy that allows him to look into other people’s hearts. However, he also has a painful past that caused his fate to become twisted. Gong Chan begins to experience a change after fatefully meeting Oh Soo Jae who has been pushed out of her position to become an affiliated professor for the law school due to an unexpected incident.

The newly released stills show Hwang In Yeop completely immersed in his role as Gong Chan. The photos display Gong Chan’s sincerity and warmth, and his deep expression conveys his seriousness as a law student who has momentarily forgotten about his unspeakable past. He exudes both warm and lonely vibes, and fans are looking forward to digging deeper into his backstory.

Hwang-In-Yeop-32.jpeg

Hwang-In-Yeop-12.jpeg

On why he selected “Why Her?” as his next project, Hwang In Yeop explained, “When I first came across the drama, the title was fresh and intense, so I couldn’t forget it. After reading the script, the story of Oh Soo Jae and Gong Chan seemed so sad yet beautiful. In this drama, I think I’ll be able to show you a more mature character and another side of me.”

He described his character saying, “Gong Chan becomes hurt after an incident in the past. Nevertheless, he doesn’t have any rebellious or negative thoughts, and he’s a confident and cool character who always tries to live the world in a positive and right way.”

Lastly, he said, “I made a lot of effort to understand the character Gong Chan. I tried to experience his feelings by reading the script over and over again.”

“Why Her?” premieres on June 3 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526533wpp/hwang-in-yeop-showcases-warm-charms-as-a-law-student-with-great-empathy-in-upcoming-drama-why-her

• Like 4

Seo Hyun-jin and Hwang In-yeop's life-changing salvation narrative... 'Why Sujae Oh'

202205171031339063_l.jpg

Saturday drama 'Why Oh Soo-jae' released the main poster on the May17th.

'Why Sujae Oh' is a painful but thrilling story of Oh Soo-jae, a cold lawyer who has become empty while pursuing only success 'to live, from the top, more intensely', and Gong-chan, a law school student who is not afraid of anything to protect her.

In the released poster, it is interesting to see the pure white Oh Soo-jae (Seo Hyun-jin) standing alone in the dark crowd and Gong-chan (Hwang In-yeop) taking her hand and leading it somewhere. The two people's heartbreaking and heartbreaking story of salvation is expected. In addition, the cold gaze of Choi Tae-guk (Heo Jun-ho) and Choi Yoon-sang (Bae In-hyuk) standing at a distance and the distance between them are also significant.

The production team said, "The story of salvation between Oh Soo-jae and Gong-chan, who will change each other's lives, and the complicated and delicate relationship between Choi Tae-guk and Choi Yoon-sang that shakes them up. It will be an important observation point.”

Why Oh Soo-jae' will premiere on June 3 at 10 PM.

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202205171031444041

• Like 4

Hwang In Yeop Is Determined To Lead Seo Hyun Jin Out Of The Darkness In Main Poster For “Why Her?”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 17, 2022
by L. Kim

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Why Her?” has unveiled its main poster!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan who will do anything to protect her.

Seo Hyun Jin’s character Oh Soo Jae is the youngest ace partner at the leading TK Law Firm. She is a cold character equipped with a flaming desire to win and fearless self-righteousness that makes her opponents kneel before her. Hwang In Yeop plays Gong Chan who has great empathy that allows him to look into other people’s hearts. However, he also has a painful past that caused his fate to become twisted. Gong Chan begins to experience a change after fatefully meeting Oh Soo Jae who has been pushed out of her position to become an affiliated professor for the law school due to an unexpected incident.

Veteran actor Heo Joon Ho plays TK Law Firm’s chairman Choi Tae Guk who openly crosses the boundary of good and evil without any hesitation if it’s to materialize his desires. Bae In Hyuk stars as the lonely law school student Choi Yoon Sang who is also the second son of chairman Choi Tae Guk.

With curiosity increasing about the drama, the production crew released the main poster featuring the four lead characters. Like previous posters, they are in a sea of people who have their backs turned to the camera. However, what’s interesting about this one is the way Gong Chan is holding Oh Soo Jae’s hand and leading her somewhere. In other glimpses of the drama, Oh Soo Jae always looked cold and unyielding, but this time, she seems to have let her guard down, and Gong Chan stares ahead with a firm gaze. This amps up the anticipation for their affectionate yet heartbreaking story.

In addition, Choi Tae Guk and Choi Yoon Sang are standing in the distance with cold gazes, piquing curiosity about their own connection to each other. The text on the poster reads, “In order to survive, at the very top, act more deadly.”

Why-Her-21.jpg

The production team stated, “[The drama] depicts the story of Oh Soo Jae and Gong Chan’s salvation that will change each other’s lives and the complicated and subtle relationship between Choi Tae Guk and Choi Yoon Sang that shakes them. If you follow the drama while digging into their relationships, the decisive events and secrets will be solved one by one. It will be an important key point.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526774wpp/hwang-in-yeop-is-determined-to-lead-seo-hyun-jin-out-of-the-darkness-in-main-poster-for-why-her

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Watch: Hwang In Yeop’s Heart Shatters When He Realizes Seo Hyun Jin Isn’t The Person He Once Knew In “Why Her?” Teaser

Watch: Hwang In Yeop’s Heart Shatters When He Realizes Seo Hyun Jin Isn’t The Person He Once Knew In “Why Her?” Teaser

Drama Preview

May 18, 2022

by L. Kim

The latest teaser of SBS’s “Why Her?” has shared an intriguing preview of Hwang In Yeop and Seo Hyun Jin’s past connection!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan who will do anything to protect her.

Seo Hyun Jin’s character Oh Soo Jae is the youngest ace partner at the leading TK Law Firm. She is a cold character equipped with a flaming desire to win and fearless self-righteousness that makes her opponents kneel before her. Hwang In Yeop plays Gong Chan who has great empathy that allows him to look into other people’s hearts. However, he also has a painful past that caused his fate to become twisted. Gong Chan begins to experience a change after fatefully meeting Oh Soo Jae who has been pushed out of her position to become an affiliated professor for the law school due to an unexpected incident.

The second teaser opens up with an adolescent Gong Chan running in the pouring rain one night. He desperately shouts “Na Jeong” as he shakes her and calls for help. However, instead of being applauded for trying to help her, he gets accused of a crime. Gong Chan becomes infuriated and shows distrust towards the world. When a younger Oh Soo Jae appears before him, he snaps at her, saying, “You’re not going to listen to me or believe me anyway. So get lost.” Despite his cold attitude, she warmly and sincerely says, “By the way, I believe you,” and her words comfort the prickly Gong Chan.

Ten years later, Gong Chan reunites with Oh Soo Jae, and his eyes brighten with affection as his voiceover says, “I missed you a lot.” However, his admiration for her is shattered when she claims, “I don’t trust my client. I trust me to defend my client.” Her unrecognizable changes tear him apart, and he states, “You weren’t that kind of person.”

The clip also offers a bit of insight into Oh Soo Jae’s past and why she has become so cold-blooded. People wonder why she’s working so hard to climb up the ladder, and her struggling voiceover says, “In order to live. If I don’t do that, it feels like I’ll die.”

However, Gong Chan is far from giving up the one person who trusted him when the world turned its back to him. He continously looks after her, causing her to ask, “Why do you keep crossing the line?” He genuinely answers, “Because I’m worried [about you]. I’m so worried [about you].” The teaser ends with administrators asking Gong Chan, “Why do you want to go to law school?” to which he responds with, “There’s someone I really want to find.”

Watch the full video below:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1526909wpp/watch-hwang-in-yeops-heart-shatters-when-he-realizes-seo-hyun-jin-isnt-the-person-he-once-knew-in-why-her-teaser

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Bae In Hyuk Wears Many Faces In New Drama “Why Her?” With Hwang In Yeop And Seo Hyun Jin

SBS’s upcoming drama “Why Her?” has released a sneak peek of Bae In Hyuk in character!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as the titular Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan, who would do anything to protect her.

Bae In Hyuk will be starring in the drama as Choi Yoon Sang, a lonely law student who is the son of Choi Tae Guk (Heo Joon Ho), the chairman of Oh Soo Jae’s law firm.

Confessing that he had initially been worried about tackling a new genre, Bae In Hyuk remarked, “Even though I was nervous because [‘Why Her?’] is weightier and has a different vibe from my past work and it’s a genre I’m trying for the first time, it was also really fun.”

As for why he chose to appear in the drama, he shared, “It was fun because there was a lot I could learn from the law school setting and the drama’s subject matter of law, but above all else, I think I mainly wanted to take on this challenge.”

Describing his character, Bae In Hyuk commented, “Choi Yoon Sang is a free spirit who hides his innocence. He doesn’t restrict himself to a mold, and he expresses his emotions freely. He’s a person who’s honest, speaks boldly, and lives his life however he wants.

“Though he’s lived his life like that, he is secretly hiding his own pain, and I think that Choi Yoon Sang’s biggest charm as a character. I didn’t want to depict the character in a cliché way, so I explored many different ways to portray him while also remaining spontaneous.”

In newly released stills from the drama, Choi Yoon Sang wears a variety of faces depending on the situation he’s in. At the back of a classroom at law school, he sports an easygoing smile and exudes a relaxed, carefree air. However, when he’s talking to his father Choi Tae Guk, he becomes visibly stiff, and the look in his eyes changes completely.

Bae-In-Hyuk-768x768.jpeg

Bae-In-Hyuk-2-768x768.jpeg

Spoiler

Bae-In-Hyuk-3-768x768.jpeg

“Why Her?” premieres on June 3 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Bae In Hyuk Wears Many Faces In New Drama “Why Her?” With Hwang In Yeop And Seo Hyun Jin | Soompi

• Like 3

Heo Joon Ho Is An Ambitious Law Firm Chairman Who Will Do Anything To Get What He Wants In “Why Her?”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 20, 2022
by L. Kim

SBS’s upcoming drama “Why Her?” unveiled a new look at Heo Joon Ho in character!

Veteran actor Heo Joon Ho plays TK Law Firm’s chairman Choi Tae Guk who openly crosses the boundary of good and evil without any hesitation if it’s to materialize his desires. He keeps Oh Soo Jae, who is loyal to him, by his side, and despite being the CEO of a leading law firm, he doesn’t reveal his mysterious intentions to anyone.

The newly released stills capture Choi Tae Guk’s unique presence. Equipped with strong eyes and a gentle smile that sharply contrasts with them, he exudes dignity and charisma. In one photo, he is leisurely standing with his arms crossed, but another photo shows him holding someone’s hand tightly and making eye contact with them, causing strained uneasiness to fill the air. Choi Tae Guk is someone who locks people in his frame and manipulates them so that everything goes according to his plan. With his hidden desires, he’ll be the source of tension in the drama, and fans can look forward to a much more interesting plot with his influence on Oh Soo Jae.

Heo-Joon-Ho-3.jpg

Heo-Joon-Ho-2.jpg

Spoiler

Heo-Joon-Ho-1.jpg

Heo Joon Ho shared that after reading the script for the first time, he thought this was a drama that “shows the contradiction of power that knows no end to greed.” He added, “I chose this project because Choi Tae Guk’s story of coordinating all the cases in the center was interesting.”

He delved deeper into his character, saying, “Choi Tae Guk is not just a villain. I found the process of this character’s life to be very attractive. He’s a person thinks and comforts himself that he has good influence, and he loves his own fence.”

The actor is attempting to brainstorm more ways to show a different character from before and making an effort to create a more detailed role. He added, “I’m constantly looking at the script and looking for Choi Tae Guk’s deep intentions that are hidden in it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1527204wpp/heo-joon-ho-is-an-ambitious-law-firm-chairman-who-will-do-anything-to-get-what-he-wants-in-why-her

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Seo Hyun Jin And Hwang In Yeop Come Across Each Other At Law School In New Drama “Why Her?”

May 24, 2022
by L. Kim

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Upcoming SBS drama “Why Her?” shared an intriguing glimpse of Seo Hyun Jin and Hwang In Yeop’s mysterious connection!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as the titular Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan, who would do anything to protect her.

As the talented youngest partner at TK Law Firm, the cold and cynical Oh Soo Jae is full of ambition and a burning desire to win at all costs. When she suddenly falls from grace in the blink of an eye, she crosses paths with the deeply empathetic Gong Chan, who is hiding painful scars of his own.

The newly released photos capture Oh Soo Jae and Gong Chan crossing paths on the first day of law school. Oh Soo Jae appears as the professor, and Gong Chan, one of her pupils, is frozen in surprise. Her cold eyes are filled with ambitions and spite, but his shaky gaze is filled with complex emotions. Is he just merely shocked by their unexpected meeting, or is he thrilled to meet her?

Seo-Hyun-Jin-2.jpg

Hwang-In-Yeop-21.jpg

The following stills show Oh Soo Jae walking towards Gong Chan. His gaze drops as if he’s trying to avoid eye contact with her, piquing curiosity about his actions. In the previous teaser, it was revealed that Gong Chan entered law school to find someone, hinting that he’s looking for Oh Soo Jae who is linked to his turbulent past. Fans are eager to find out how their romance will unfold after reuniting ten years later.

Spoiler

Seo-Hyun-Jin-1.jpg

Hwang-In-Yeop-1.jpg

The production staff teased, “Oh Soo Jae and Gong Chan are intertwined with deeper ties than fate. Please pay attention to the relationship and narrative between the two characters whose past and present are connected. Seo Hyun Jin and Hwang In Yeop’s acting synergy is more than perfect.”

“Why Her?” premieres on June 3 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1527719wpp/seo-hyun-jin-and-hwang-in-yeop-come-across-each-other-at-law-school-in-new-drama-why-her

• Like 4

Seo Hyun Jin Makes A Drastic Transformation After Joining Hands With Heo Joon Ho In Upcoming Drama “Why Her?”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 26, 2022
by L. Kim

Seo Hyun Jin and Heo Joon Ho will be turning into cold-blooded characters in SBS’s new drama “Why Her?”!

Seo Hyun Jin’s character Oh Soo Jae is someone who becomes more cynical after overcoming her regrets. She is the youngest partner at the leading TK Law Firm and an ace everyone acknowledges. She is a cold character who races towards perfect success, and she’s equipped with a flaming desire to win and fearless self-righteousness that makes her opponents kneel before her.

Veteran actor Heo Joon Ho plays TK Law Firm’s chairman Choi Tae Guk who openly crosses the boundary of good and evil without any hesitation if it’s to materialize his desires. He keeps Oh Soo Jae, who is loyal to him, by his side, and despite being the CEO of a leading law firm, he doesn’t reveal his mysterious intentions to anyone.

The newly released stills show the influence that Choi Tae Guk has on Oh Soo Jae. In the first set of stills, Oh Soo Jae’s eyes are filled with desperation. Her face is pale with tiredness, and she is wearing a plain suit with her hair tied into a low ponytail. She meets Choi Tae Guk, a very powerful man who has the ability to get a nobody like her to the top of the ladder. Oh Soo Jae takes his hand in despair, raising questions about how Choi Tae Guk, who promised to let her have a taste of success, will change her life.

Why-Her-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Heo-Joon-Ho-2.jpeg

Seo-Hyun-Jin-1.jpeg

The next set of stills show Oh Soo Jae’s drastic transformation. This time, she looks visibly relaxed, and her sharp eyes are full of ambition and confidence. She’s wearing an extravagant white dress, and her bright red lips catch attention. Oh Soo Jae and Choi Tae Guk have grown closer, but their relationship is edgy and unpredictable. Although it might seem like they have built their long-term relationship on respect and faith, they are actually more like secret enemies who hide their true feelings from each other.

Why-Her-21.jpeg

Spoiler

Heo-Joon-Ho-1.jpeg

Seo-Hyun-Jin-2.jpeg

Seo Hyun Jin and Heo Joon Ho praised each other’s acting. First, Seo Hyun Jin commented, “What was most surprising when I met Heo Joon Ho sunbaenim was that he was always pondering about self-management and how to make the scenes more detailed than the script. I thought that was something I should learn.”

Heo Joon Ho shared, “Seo Hyun Jin is an actress whom my family likes. When I met her on the set, [I realized] she’s an actress who is thoroughly prepared and has great concentration. Rather, I’m the one who’s learning a lot from her.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528040wpp/seo-hyun-jin-makes-a-drastic-transformation-after-joining-hands-with-heo-joon-ho-in-upcoming-drama-why-her

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@larus, thank you for starting the thread.

Thank you everyone for your contributions... I learned a lot about this Drama going through this thread.
I see a couple of other familiar faces here: @backstreetboysfan, and @jongski (I also do not like noona romance, usually. But I loved Seo Hyun-Jin ever since watching her in "King's Daughter, Soo Baek-Hyang.")
Hello to everyone here.

I have not seen this mentioned here, but Viki did license this Drama.:gangnamstyle:
https://www.viki.com/tv/38290c-why-her

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hwang In Yeop Is The Only Person Who Trusts Seo Hyun Jin In New Mystery Romance Drama “Why Her?”

Hwang In Yeop Is The Only Person Who Trusts Seo Hyun Jin In New Mystery Romance Drama “Why Her?”

SBS’s upcoming drama “Why Her?” has unveiled a romantic new poster!

“Why Her?” is a mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as the titular Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan, who would do anything to protect her.

As the talented youngest partner at TK Law Firm, the cold and cynical Oh Soo Jae is full of ambition and a burning desire to win at all costs. When she suddenly falls from grace in the blink of an eye, she crosses paths with the deeply empathetic Gong Chan, who is hiding painful scars of his own.

In the newly released poster, Oh Soo Jae and Gong Chan appear to be lost in a world of their own as they gaze into each other’s eyes, seemingly alone even in a crowd. As Gong Chan gently takes Oh Soo Jae’s hand, the typically ice-cold lawyer breaks out into a faint smile, hinting at his ability to melt down the barriers she has put up around her heart.

The poster’s caption also highlights the important role Gong Chan will come to play in Oh Soo Jae’s life, reading, “The one and only person who believes me.”

Both Seo Hyun Jin and Hwang In Yeop spoke enthusiastically about their experience working together, with Seo Hyun Jin commenting, “I felt that [Hwang In Yeop] is an actor who keeps a very open mind while working. He’s the hard-working type who fleshes out the details of his character by keeping the discussions going up until the very end on set.”

Meanwhile, Hwang In Yeop remarked, “I think it’s truly an honor to be able to act together with Seo Hyun Jin.”

He went on to express his gratitude to his co-star, noting, “She was always considerate of me and helped me feel comfortable [during filming]. I think that made it possible for me to bring out the character of Gong Chan better. Unlike the character of Oh Soo Jae in the drama, she’s actually someone who always makes the atmosphere on set fun and lively.”

source: Soompi

• Like 5

Hwang In-yub believes in Seo Hyun-jin in new promos for Why Her

by tccolb

0006109797_001_20220523093411101.jpg

As we head toward premiere week, SBS has been pushing out more promos for the upcoming Why Her? and we learn more about the backstory that ties our main characters together.

In the central role, Seo Hyun-jin (You Are My Spring) plays a lawyer who has sold her soul to the devil, in a sense, for the sake of survival and success. Despite how much she has changed since Hwang In-yub (The Sound of Magic) last met her ten long years ago, Hwang is ever loyal to Seo and vows to protect her.

Naturally, the drama’s big bad Heo Jun-ho (Snowdrop) isn’t about to just let Seo Hyun-jin get in the way of his master plan. We also have a fourth player mixed in: Hwang’s fellow law student Bae In-hyuk (At a Distance, Spring Is Green).

The latest video teaser begins in the past when a younger Hwang In-yub was out in the rain at night, looking for someone named Na-jung. Hwang calls for help when he finds the body, but we cut to him in prison where he rages at a cowering Seo Hyun-jin, “You’re not going to listen or believe what I say. So, get lost. I said get lost!” Seo doesn’t leave, though, and reassures Hwang instead that, “By the way, I do believe you.”

We then jump forward to the present-day Hwang In-yub who admits, “I really missed you.” The appearing text screen reveals that Seo Hyun-jin was the only person who had believed Hwang in the past. But now, ten years later, Seo sings a different tune: “I don’t trust my clients. I trust myself to defend them.” To this, Hwang argues, “But Professor, you weren’t always like this.”

In the sequence that follows, we see Seo Hyun-jin struggling with trauma and busying herself with work. We hear a woman calling Seo ruthless and questions what will even happen once she gets to the top. Seo tells her, “I’m just trying to live. If I don’t do this, I feel like I’m going to die.” An angry Seo Hyun-jin then meets with Heo Jun-ho to demand an explanation, “Park So-young. Did I kill her?” Heo retorts, “The people say that it’s because of you. The world says it!”

Back at law school, Seo confronts Hwang In-yub about his behavior asking, “Why do you keep crossing the line?” But Hwang simply replies, “Because I worry about you. A lot.” We then flash back to his application interview, when the recruiter had asked why he wanted to attend law school. Hwang responds that, “There’s a person I really want to find,” and the teaser comes to a close on Seo Hyun-jin.

Premiering next week on June 3, SBS’s Why Her? is directed by PD Park Soo-jin with scripts penned by Kim Ji-eun. The drama follows Again My Life in the Friday-Saturday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/05/hwang-in-yub-believes-in-seo-hyun-jin-in-new-promos-for-why-her/

• Like 4