[Drama 2022] Why Her / Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가

larus

by lo_ve, December 17, 2021
3 0

Kim Chang Wan is set to star in a new SBS drama.

On December 17th, it was announced that renowned singer-actor Kim Chang Wan will be joining the upcoming SBS drama "Why Her."

"Why Her" is the latest work of director Park Soo Jin ("While You Were Sleeping") and writer Kim Ji Eun ("Lie After Lie.") It will tell the romance between a cold lawyer and a law school student. Oh Soo Jae is a woman who made the wrong choice and lives for the wrong kind of success. As she falls in love with a young man, she will finally learn to properly love herself. 

Seo Hyun Jin will play the role of the bad-tempered and cruel professor named Oh Soo Jae. Hwang In Yeop will play the role of Gong Chan, a freshman at Seojoong University’s law school and the owner of a bar.

Kim Chang Wan will give life to the role of Baek Jin Ki. He is part of the Seojoong University’s law school.

Other cast members of the drama include Bae In Hyuk, Heo Joon Ho, UP10TION's Lee Jin Hyuk, Lee Joo Woo, and more. 

"Why Her" will premiere in the first half of 2022. The drama will have 16 episodes. 

RK0r6_2f.jpg

This will be the first drama project of Kim Chang Wan for 2022. He last starred in the hit SBS drama "One the Woman" with Lee Ha Nee, Lee Sang Yoon, Lee Won Keun, Jin Seo Yun, and more. 

Kim Chang Wan is also known for starring in dramas such as "It's Okay to Not Be Okay," "One Spring Night," "Something in the Rain," "Secret Love Affair," "My Love from the Star," and more.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-chang-wan-to-join-the-cast-of-sbs-drama-why-her

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Former 4Minute Member Nam Ji Hyun Signs With New Agency + Joins Upcoming SBS Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 28, 2021
by S. Nam

Former 4Minute member Nam Ji Hyun has signed with FN Entertainment!

On December 28, a representative from FN Entertainment announced, “We’ve signed an exclusive contract with actress Nam Ji Hyun. We won’t hold back our full support for Nam Ji Hyun, who has promoted in various fields. Please show lots of interest and support for Nam Ji Hyun, who will showcase various projects and characters in the future.”

Back in 2017, Nam Ji Hyun began promoting with the new name Son Ji Hyun, but she will now return to promoting with the name Nam Ji Hyun.

nam-ji-hyun.jpeg

After debuting as a member of 4Minute, Nam Ji Hyun promoted as an actress and starred in numerous dramas including “My Little Baby,” “Strongest Deliveryman,” “Grand Prince,” “Monkey and Dog Romance,” “When the Devil Calls Your Name,” “Lonely Enough to Love,” and more.

Furthermore, Nam Ji Hyun has joined the cast of SBS’s upcoming drama “Why Oh Soo Jae?” (literal translation), a new mystery romance drama starring Seo Hyun Jin as the titular Oh Soo Jae, a coldhearted lawyer who has grown empty after only chasing success, and Hwang In Yeop as law student Gong Chan, who will do anything to protect her. Nam Ji Hyun will play Na Sae Ryun, a confident law student who says what she wants to say in a straightforward manner.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1505715wpp/former-4minute-member-nam-ji-hyun-signs-with-new-agency-joins-upcoming-sbs-drama

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Why Her/Why Oh Soo Jae?, 왜 오수재인가- Seo Hyun Jin & Hwang In Yeop- Fri& Sat- Premieres on March 11

I liked the teaser. It looks interesting.

'Star Lawyer' Seo Hyun-jin, changed intensely and violently (Why Oh Soo-jae?)

HZOPQCZ6B3FSCGGHDDW7KLN5L4.jpg

Why Oh Soo-jae' has finally been unveiled.

On the 31st, the SBS new drama 'Why Oh Soo-jae' (directed by Park Soo-jin, written by Kim Ji-eun, produced by Studio S Bo Media), which is scheduled to be broadcasted for the first time in March, released a special teaser on the 31st, in which Seo Hyun-jin's intense transformation overwhelms the eyes.

'Why Su-jae Oh' is a painful but exciting story of a cold lawyer Oh Soo-jae (Seo Hyun-jin), who is empty after chasing only success, and Gong-chan (Hwang In-yeop), a law school student who is not afraid of anything to protect her. The story of two people whose lives have been turned in the wrong direction due to the wrong choice, who are trying to escape from the depths of the abyss, raises expectations for the birth of a different 'mystery melodrama (LAW)'.

The special teaser video released on this day begins with Oh Soo-jae's cold words, "Isn't life worth it?" Oh Soo-jae, a star lawyer with a captivating charisma. She is not afraid of any event or any opponent to her. The appearance of Oh Soo-jae, who gives a silent warning, provokes curiosity even more, saying, “When I climbed this far, who runs everything more than my seniors, I risked my life for it.”

However, the life of Oh Soo-jae, who was on the road to success at the 'order' rather than the suggestion of TK Law Firm Chairman Choi Tae-guk (Heo Jun-ho), takes a sudden break. She left TK Law Firm to become an adjunct professor at the Law School. Gongchan (Hwang In-yeop)'s meaningful gaze looking at her is also unusual among the students, who are uproar about the appearance of star lawyer Oh Soo-jae. The confession that "the professor is hiding something" over his figure running away as if being chased by something, followed by the monologue "It was Oh Soo-jae, I met Oh Soo-jae again" draws attention to the special relationship between the two.

Seo Hyun-jin transforms into a star lawyer 'Oh Soo-jae', who swallows regret and becomes poisonous. She is the youngest partner lawyer at TK Law Firm and one of the top ace recognized by others. She was equipped with a competitive spirit that made anyone kneel, and self-righteousness that had nothing to fear in the world, and she ran horribly and desperately for her perfect success. Seo Hyun-jin, who is absolutely trusted by the public, unleashes Oh Soo-jae, who hides an empty inner side stained with scars in a cold face with a large-scale acting.

Hwang In-yeop takes on the role of Gong-chan, a law school student who reaches out to Oh Soo-jae, who has fallen into the abyss. Gongchan, a warm young man, possesses a unique empathy that can look into people's hearts. He seems to have a life without twists, but he also has a painful past with a twisted fate. He meets a change by fateful meeting with Oh Soo-jae, who is pushed out as an adjunct professor at a law school because of an unexpected incident. Expectations are high for Hwang In-yeop, who will show off a special romantic chemistry with Seo Hyun-jin.

The audience reaction is also explosive. As the special teaser video was unveiled, various social media and online communities such as “Seo Hyun-jin, I tore it from the first scene”, “The work I am looking forward to just with Seo Hyun-jin’s choice”, “As expected, God Hyeon-jin! The acting is crazy just looking at the teaser”, “I like the character of Oh Su-jae, who is united with evil through gangsters”, “My heart is already trembling”, “The reason I waited for 2022”, “All actors are my taste” “I am curious about the narrative of Oh Su-jae and Gong-chan”, etc. The expected response was pouring in.

Meanwhile, director Park Soo-jin, who co-directed 'Penthouse', 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim', and 'While You Were Sleeping' and received favorable reviews for detailed and sensuous directing through 'Praise of Death', is the new SBS drama 'Why Oh Soo-jae'. and rookie writer Kim Ji-eun collaborated. It will be aired for the first time in March.

(Google translate)

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/01/01/F72XREKGH6YISWPRJS7ZLUI4FY/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 9:55 PM, larus said:

I liked the teaser. It looks interesting.

Seems like there'll be quite a few event happening, not just "romance" revolve around the protagonists.

The decor of Gong Chan's bar really have a nostalgic vibe.

Actor Jeon Jin Ki's Ig update.

Available on Viu & Viki.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

I find it uncanny that Hwang In Yeop is in a drama which is a romance between mentor-protege 'cause his former co-star from "18 Again" Lee Do Hyun just finished a drama with the same type of relationship in "Melancholia".

I can't wait for this 'cause Hwang In Yeop was THE single best thing out of "True Beauty". He had so much potential. And he come across a very sweet, down to earth guy too off screen. Lookin' forward to this when it premieres!

• Like 2