[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

8 hours ago, jongski said:

I'll be watching both of these cause I like the lead stars. Looks to be good but I'm partial to this one because I like the story plot more.  It's great to see see Kim So Hyun in historical drama. I'm not sure I've seen her this genre. If she already did can you tell which dramas so I can check and watch  Thanks.  And yes she looks more mature here. It's good. I think.

I lover special drama with Jisoo 5 years ago.

See ya chingus when this pmeries and we can all discuss the episodes.

she done numerous of historical dramas growing up but as supporting roles. She has three leading historical roles including this drama. I don’t recommend ruler, the writing was awful. And it personally scarred her according to interviews and the writer even personally apologized to her for rendering her character useless :/ Tales of Nokdu I recommend, it’s light-hearted and fun in the first half but it gets super dark and melodramatic in the second half until the last episode and then it switches back to light-hearted :D both dramas i mentioned are male-centric and focuses more on the male lead but it seems this time, it will be a female-centric role so I’m excited for that :) 

look forward to interacting with you when the drama airs

:letsgo:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 1/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, Breeze said:

OK..this trailer is much better.  I wasn't excited by the previous teaser but this one is very good(and we get to see some of those gorgeous Goguryeo fashions on the ladies :love:)

10 hours ago, Breeze said:

Knetz talks about how Actress Kim Sohyun looks more mature for her upcoming drama compared to her appearance in drama 'Goblin'!

Sohyun eonni ㅠㅠㅠ

The left side is goblin (2016) and the right side is the River Where the Moon Rises (this year)

Netizens comments :

- When did you become such an older sister?

- Heol. 

- Kim Sohyun is so mature that she doesn't look like a child.

- I can feel the vintage running through her face.

- Oh, my God, you're so mature.

- Eonni.. 

- Wow, the real line is different... it's more luxurious.

- Whoa... 

- What is this eonni ㅠㅠ 

- Did you lose your baby fat? Crazy. It's so pretty.

- Sohyun getting prettier ㅠㅠ

These K-netz:rolleyes: Woman who is no longer a teenager looks more mature five years later shocker!  Anyway, KSH does look very beautiful. Attire from this period really suits her!

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, raziela said:

OK..this trailer is much better.  I wasn't excited by the previous teaser but this one is very good(and we get to see some of those gorgeous Goguryeo fashions on the ladies :love:)

Ikr the costume are beautiful! I love we are seeing a different era in this historical drama :heart:

yes the second teaser is spectacular! I’m stroke! I want to Jump to the moon lol 

:offtospace:

2 hours ago, raziela said:

These K-netz:rolleyes: Woman who is no longer a teenager looks more mature five years later shocker!  Anyway, KSH does look very beautiful. Attire from this period really suits her!

ikr! She is growing so well :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tomlite770 said:

Super excited for a female centric drama and set in the exciting Goguryeo era

welcome! Our excitement can shatter windows :P can’t wait for next teaser or trailer :) 

:bunnywar:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Ji Soo And Kim So Hyun’s Upcoming Historical Drama Unveils Evocative Poster

Ji Soo and Kim So Hyun’s upcoming historical drama has unveiled a new teaser poster!

River Where the Moon Rises” retells the love story between Pyeonggang and On Dal, who are characters in a classic Goguryeo folktale. Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun), also known as Yeom Ga Jin, is an ambitious woman who dreams of becoming the first female to lead Goguryeo, and she uses On Dal’s (Ji Soo’s) feelings for her to achieve her goals.

The poster released on January 14 features the silhouette of Pyeonggang on a horse with On Dal’s face faintly hovering in the sky above her. This reflects Pyeonggang’s strong determination to restore and lead Goguryeo as well as On Dal’s love for Pyeonggang and his desire to watch over her. It reads, “On Dal, the general who turned love into history. Princess Pyeonggang, whose life in Goguryeo was everything.”

River-Where-The-Moon-Rises1.jpg

A representative from the drama shared, “Through the teaser poster, we wanted to symbolically represent the narrative of Pyeonggang and On Dal. We hope viewers will look forward to ‘River Where the Moon Rises’ which will invite you to the Goguryeo era when Pyeonggang and On Dal loved, this coming February.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” premieres in February following the conclusion of “Royal Secret Agent,” and it will be available on Viki. Watch a teaser clip here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448739wpp/ji-soo-and-kim-so-hyuns-upcoming-historical-drama-unveils-evocative-poster

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Watch: Kim So Hyun, Ji Soo, Lee Ji Hoon, And More Test Chemistry At Script Reading For New Drama

Jan 15, 2021
by M. Kang

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” released a new behind-the-scenes video from the first script reading!

Based on a classic Goguryeo folktale, “River Where the Moon Rises” tells the story of Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo). At the script reading, Kim So Hyun, Ji Soo, and Lee Ji Hoon took some time to explain their roles and how they relate to them.

In the video, Kim So Hyun introduces her character Pyeonggang, who is also known as Yeom Ga Jin. She explains that because her role entails channeling two personalities, she will work hard to emphasize the difference between them with her acting. Kim So Hyun also adds that she herself has a sense of strong will, similar to that of Pyeonggang.

Ji Soo then describes his character On Dal as a one who seems like a tough man but also has a naive and boyish nature. He admits there isn’t much in the way of relating to On Dal because he shares similarities with him.

The role of Go Gun will be played by Lee Ji Hoon, who describes his character as charming and manly. He also says, “Go Gun has a lot of attributes that I haven’t been able to express to the public before. I will try my best to produce a good project with our great cast members, director, and staff members.”

The lineup for the drama also includes Wang Bit Na, Kim Bup RaeLee Hae Young, and more. Ji Soo comments, “Everyone is so talented and the atmosphere is nice. I can learn a lot from them. and I feel that filming will be a fun process.”

Check out the team’s chemistry below!

“River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 15 following the conclusion of “Royal Secret Agent.” Watch a teaser for the series here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448828wpp/watch-kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-lee-ji-hoon-and-more-test-chemistry-at-script-reading-for-new-drama

And script reading video

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1