[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Autumn Ballad 嫣语赋

sugarplum892

On 2/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, realistic2280a said:

but he is doing quite well in this drama... (im still surprised by Wu Qian's divorce, after reading it yesterday, and of all days, on Valentine's Day - also the end of CNY ...sigh...)

True. I agree. Fortunately, ML lives up to his role here.

Wu Qian did? I didn't know. Oh dear, why on such a day? Hope she'll be fine soon.

On 2/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, realistic2280a said:

From the preview.. they are still not falling for each other by ep24? Woh... 

Haha IKR. They seem to be but really, not yet mutually out in the open. But we know ML has fallen head over heels with FL. B)

Btw, thanks for sharing that YT video (could have been removed by the uploader because I can't access it now).

On 2/19/2022 at 10:33 AM, Roan89 said:

The rape scene is hard to watch T_T

Just completed ep 19. This scene was hard to watch. Harder for me was when she slit her wrist. But, I'm glad she "woke" up in time and perhaps we'll be seeing her become stronger from now on. Can't wait.

QM, please don't be strong to go against your big sis QY. Be strong to seek revenge for your mom and family instead.

About that Wang Shun, he's hateful! Imagine how many girls he had violated? *shudders*

@-JC-... oh the link was removed? Sorry about that...

As for Wu Qian, im sure she would  be very well ... she has a lot of dramas up her sleeve while her ex has none (perhaps).  Regardless of what had happened, im sure there was love earlier on.. and even if it did break apart, i hope good memories are kept as they still have a child together (unless he was messing around outside, that i would take my knives out, haha)..

Just finish watching ep 19 and 20.. man, when QY said she knows LY likes her, i had to pause and go bk to ep18 again to check, in what context is she saying this??  Darn, after rewatching ep19, apparently she was drunk and thought she was talking to the 2nd ML.. lol.. i forgot his name... the one with the long hair... Man, how do people in old china keep their hair clean.. isnt it itchy after a few days if one doest wash it everyday? :lol:

While its unfortunate about MinEr... I did wonder when that fat Wang going to get advantage of someone... i just had to be MinEr... im just glad the other sister actually help with their escape scheme and  not so stupid to fall into the trap of the enemy...

Again, one does need to get annoyed with QY's action... what, sneeking into the city to find MinEr?? Crazy ... but the plot must move.. and we will perhaps see that enemy is forcing LY to make the ^fake^ QY as his official concubine... hence we have that ceremony / ^marriage^ for them? And more lovely scenes of our couple together.. of LY trying to show his love and QY clueless as ever..  haha... 

So i googled and wonder how much 100 taels of silver cost now...apparently its about $30k!!!.. im not sure if that is right, but yes, the amount of money LY pay for QY not to entertain anyone else. Amazing... :lol: 

• Like 1

2nd male lead is ok but Qiu Yan will be a wasted potential as his wife. He and Qiu Min are a better match to live their boring and insignificant life - which is not bad at all, I imagine they will be peaceful and happier. Qiu Yan and Liang Yi are built for political manipulations and controversies

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

when QY said she knows LY likes her, i had to pause and go bk to ep18 again to check, in what context is she saying this?? 

LY did confess to her last week. But I can't remember which episode. In ep19/20, he pretty much kept hinting to her that he is not 100% pretending to be jealous and trying to keep her maidenhood. I think QY is just in denial lol. Or like she said, her priority is to restore her family/its reputation, and to avenge her family's downfall.

Again, one does need to get annoyed with QY's action... what, sneeking into the city to find MinEr?? Crazy ... but the plot must move.. and we will perhaps see that enemy is forcing LY to make the ^fake^ QY as his official concubine... hence we have that ceremony / ^marriage^ for them? And more lovely scenes of our couple together.. of LY trying to show his love and QY clueless as ever..  haha... 

Haha I can't wait for more of them.  :) 

So i googled and wonder how much 100 taels of silver cost now...apparently its about $30k!!!.. im not sure if that is right, but yes, the amount of money LY pay for QY not to entertain anyone else. Amazing... :lol: =

Yes, a big amount of money. LY is actually a rich man from a good family.B)

4 hours ago, aria26 said:

2nd male lead is ok but Qiu Yan will be a wasted potential as his wife. He and Qiu Min are a better match to live their boring and insignificant life - which is not bad at all, I imagine they will be peaceful and happier. Qiu Yan and Liang Yi are built for political manipulations and controversies

Haha so true. I guess the pairings are in place now that QY/LY are a "couple" and QX/QM are also a "couple" haha.:tongue:

@-JC-... oh the link was removed? Sorry about that...

No worries. Thanks and... Share away B)

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Does anyone know what's being said in this trailer for ep 27? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPOn_ckZUs

Spoiler

This is what I think is being said/going on based on the few words ik. But I am not sure. 

I think XQ ask QY in the beginning if she hates him. In the next part, the emperor asks them to bring QM. Then YL says something and the emperor asks for them to bring a momo (is it the one from the brothel or one that works for the royal concubine lady?) to validate or disprove whatever QM said. In the next part, their family is reunited and they are asking where QM and QY's dad is. He's most likely bringing the horse around. My question though is where is QY. Is she still with LY? Also, are she and LY implicated by whatever QM said?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sirry Usly I think in the part with the Emperor,

Spoiler

Wang Shun from Jiao Fang Si wrote a petition alleging that Qiu Min is no longer a virgin, and therefore not fit to be the Holy Maiden. Yuan suggested that QM be examined by the senior female Palace servant to confirm it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im just glad that XY lost her rabbit hair and she looks so much better now...

just finish ep 22..  did you guys noticed how red ML's ears are when there are intimate scenes? I thought that was cute..:wub:

Yes, 2nd male lead is wasted... not sure what is the progress of his story...  he is the scholar boy, 2nd son of a duke who cant do much...  his scenes with QM are a waste to me... sigh... 

• Like 3

I knew she was always messy but wow Miner have me here wishing all manner of evil against rape a victim:crazymad:.

When the family name is restored although what she went through is unforgivable what she's doing now is just as bad. Her making the poor dude think that he raped her is just wow. She needs to end up with nothing. She's one of them fake nice people, fake meek and mild. Even before her trauma she was selfish from the very beginning. She needs to finish out in the cold hard world making ends meet on her own with no family or connections to back her, banished to some backwater.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

In the beginning, I am not too interested in the drama..
But reading some people comment that this drama is worth watching, then I try again..And I am hooked to this drama

Although some scenes are illogical (considering this is low budget drama) but because of the plot is running fast and the chemistry of the lead, so I enjoy this drama very much.

Note: I am laughing on the scene when LY and his men save QY from General He. First, they should run from the General, but they light the fire at beach and leave it without trying to hide the trace..Second, instead of running or hiding, they go to the night market to buy dumpling and fly lantern. Can they buy the dumpling in other scene when the condition is safe and sound?? xixixixi....

Even in my opinion the writer is struggle with the plot, but I try and I can accept the plot hehehe. And I like when the writer surprises us with the unexpected plot.

The male lead is tsundere type and the FL is very independent, quite stubborn she is.
I also find that many of the female  or male support cast are good looking.  Especially second FL and Ms. Shi (the courtesan of Royal Academy). The older supporting cast is also very solid..I find many  veteran and familiar face among them.

So watching this drama without high expectation really enjoyable and I can't stop watching and re-watching many memorable scenes..
For me, I think this is quite the same when I found Romance Tiger and Rose back then..It was also low budget drama but the chemistry and the funny plot make it very interesting

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Avocado80 said:

And I like when the writer surprises us with the unexpected plot.

Me too. More please! Haha.

So watching this drama without high expectation really enjoyable and I can't stop watching and re-watching many memorable scenes..

Likewise. This CP is just too adorable and their chemistry is very good.:hahah!:

For me, I think this is quite the same when I found Romance Tiger and Rose back then..It was also low budget drama but the chemistry and the funny plot make it very interesting

Oh? I haven't watched that yet. I will now put it in my to-watch list. :tongue:

16 hours ago, tas82 said:

Her making the poor dude think that he raped her is just wow.

I agree. Poor QX was so apologetic over what he did.

Sad to see QM turning bad in this way, and using her evil beginning to trick a good man like QX. She intentionally made him drunk and intentionally pretended to be QY, when he was moping over her, to seduce him. I was feeling bad for her after Wang Shun's violation, but now, I pity QX. Still, I hope QX would get over losing QY to LY.

This CP is a real joy to watch lol.:smooches2:

cp10.png

cp8.png

• Like 2

Finish watching ep24... 

The two eposides just cemented my belief that QX is really not useful to the drama anymore... his scenes should probably be cut short with more scenes between QY and LY..

I need to see progress of their relationship... esp when they start to really kiss each other  :wub:.... 

Heartache when i read some spoilers regarding LY's mom and his loyal assistant...why cant the writer spare them.. :tears: sigh...

• Like 4

Saw the recent twitter updates of the drama... did the producers suddenly realised what a gem this drama is? (Last i read 600million viewers of the drama now?

Hence now promoting the leads... and the drama...sigh... so the drama ended filming back in 2020 was it... good to see the leads back together then.. 

• Like 2

ya, I feel that they are dragging the romance. argh!!

There is a little boy is this trailer though...

Just want to add on. The female lead says that she wants to be his little wife. Next moment, she says that she wants to leave to write stories. What kind of plot logic is that? argh!!