Woo Do Hwan ❤️ 우도환 ❤️ 禹棹奂 ❤️ ウ·ドファン

SCSfanz

Awww... Woo Do Hwan has a thread of his own! :yaaa: Coming in to leave a mark~ Thanks for creating this.

Master is good a movie, good acting from the main casts. I didn't know Do Hwan then, yet he stood out and somehow embedded in my memory. I supposed the hairstyle would be close to how he'll look like entering the army hey?

38445669e5984f9f0d320b8c521de11bc6cd6c40

Then he popped up before my eyes again in Sweet Stranger & Me.

He's a cutie pie in Mad Dog. Fell in love immediately when the below scene happen, lol.

9919D23359DF30DC0A

Couldn't get into Save Me, attempted twice to no avail. Tempted was... I'm just going to skip this. It was nice seeing him played evil in Divine Fury although the character was under-explored. And he was gorgeous in My Country and of course The King...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

He is a bodyguard here too...:D 

oh wow the last 2 scenes, i didn't know he was there! don't you think it's amazing that he got nominated for best new actor when he doesn't even have lines? :thumbsup:

@mademoisellesia i haven't watched tempted. was it not worth a watch?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@SCSfanzOf course its amazing, but it didnt surprise me too much.

He simply looks powerful on the screen, with or without lines...

Even..he has a good chemistry with the actress...:D

As for ''Tempted''...the opening scene, when WDHs character reads the poem, is

one of the most beautiful scenes in  a k-drama, for me....:heart2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@SCSfanz

If you're not picky on quality of the story etc & just want to see more of him, it is watchable. If you're looking for a good show, this is not it.

For me, Tempted ended as a disappointment. The script was badly written; this was an adaptation of novel Les Liaisons dangereuses, so for the writer to stuff up it was unimaginable. It started out ok at first then Moon Ga Young and Do Hwan's characters got ruined. Kim Min Jae didn't have much to work on.

• Like 2

10 things to know about talented Korean actor Woo Do-hwan

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/10-things-know-about-talented-korean-actor-woo-do-hwan

1. He gained attention for his role in cult drama Save Me 

2. He won an award for his acting 

3. His first main lead role was for a romantic drama 

4. He belongs to an agency owned by a top Hallyu actor 

5. He majored in performance and film in university 

6. He co-starred in a movie with Park Seo-joon 

7. He was in an advertisement with BLACKPINK 

8. His parents encouraged him to pursue acting 

9. He’s a gentleman when he’s dating 

10. His ideal type is a woman he can communicate well with 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I still can't believe he is entering the military so quickly after all of his crazy back to back filming schedule! I thought he would at least enter into non-active duties (public service worker), but he's entering into active duty instead (army or marine corps). Why does his role in as JY/ES in TKEM just seem so real right now?! His real life events are almost exact to how his characters were in TKEM. He's like JY who is off to fight for the country and sad to be leaving people behind to do his duty :bawling:!! Hopefully KYJ will wait for him just like in the show :wub:!

WDH has had so many celebs commenting on his enlistment!! From Kim Go Eun (WDH responded "I told you not to cry"; guess he had already to her about it before making it public):

EbS7z4qU8AAh1TQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Cr: To owners

KYJ (actress who plays Nari/MSA) also commented "Mr Do" with strong robotic arm emoji and WDH responded "You need to stay healthy too" (SUCH SWEET COMMENTS BETWEEN THE TWO LOVE BIRDS :love:). I just love how he immediately responded to KYJ !!

EbQ7AnHXYAIv4fW?format=jpg&name=900x900

ES describing all of our feels/moods of WDH's enlistment :crybaby: (Our 65th dream needs to be fulfilled too WDH. Come back safely):

EaW12vIXYAEwEXo?format=jpg&name=900x900

p.s does anyone know if celebs like WDH who enter in active duty can still post on social media after duty/work hours?

10 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

Master is ok i guess? but if you just want to watch WDH you can just find the clips on youtube, he really doesn't have many scenes. 

I've only watched TKEM , my country, master and divine fury. you'll see a completely different side of him in divine fury,.. he's like a dark elf villain. 

Actually apart from the waterfall scene there were many scenes in my country where he shows his abs but the waterfall scene was the "show all' one  HAHAHA. 

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i suspect he himself didn't know that he'll be served the notice either cos they were in talks about  a new drama. even the drama can't save him from military. Sigh.. how long will he be gone? 1.5 years? 2? sometimes i hate korean army.

@SCSfanzOhh I need to see divine fury next !!! :naughty: OH LALA~! Then I should watch all of My Country then !!! According to @bri he will be returning January 5 2022 so that means he's going to be gone 1 year and 6 months. I saw from other sources that people are usually notified ahead of time by a few months so maybe WDH had known while filming TKEM??? Literally now JY and ES's seem so applicable in WDH's life. Poor ES just got finish doing military duty too, now WDH is off to the military !!!

8 hours ago, kmsl said:

I’m shookt that there’s no WDH topic all these years :o

OTOH, would like to send virtual hugs to everyone bec he’ll be enlisting soon. Two years of no content :bawling:

@kmsl We were too!! Me @SCSfanz and @rocher22 were surprised there wasnt a WDH thread until now thanks to @SCSfanz! Don't worry we will all keep supporting each other here while WDH is in the military :heart:!

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I really thought his enlisting would be a little later...:(

@rocher22 I would have thought so too!!! I mean literally WDH is a true work horse!! He just finished shooting for 8 months for My Country then he immediately jumped into another 8 months of shooting TKEM. And then boom he basically just took 1 month to relax and rest before joining the army??!! It's so crazy!!! I dont know how he does it !!! Omg love that scene that you posted of WDH dancing in My Country. He's such a versatile actor!! He can fight, dance, sing, and act!!! What can that man not do !!!!

6 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Then he popped up before my eyes again in Sweet Stranger & Me again.

He's a cutie pie in Mad Dog. Fell in love immediately when the below scene happen, lol.

Couldn't get into Save Me, attempted twice to no avail. Tempted was... I'm just going to skip this. It was nice seeing him played evil in Divine Fury although the character was under-explored. And he was gorgeous in My Country and of course The King...

@mademoisellesia Welcome to the thread !!! Omg I loved him in Mad Dog!!! I dont know if you noticed but some scenes from Mad Dog was also reacted out in TKEM too lol! For example, I think it was in ep 4 of Mad Dog where Park Soon Jung makes a comment in Jang Hari's ear to not take out the ear piece because he wanted to hear how Hari and Min Joon played out (whether it was going to be a triller or romantic movie etc) lol. That scene from Mad Dog was similar to that CCTV room scene with LG and JTE where first LG makes a comment about a dog bow wow and then JTE commenting on JY's relationship with MSA as a triller, spy movie, or romantic comedy haha!!

Haven't tried Save Me yet. I actually loved him in Tempted! I felt like that was one of the only shows he's done where he plays a romantic character. Not to mention, we got to see his kissing skills in it. I thought the storyline of Tempted was ok. Its pretty much a remake of the American movie "Cruel Intentions".

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

hoho!!! So glad to find his thread now!!! We are gonna miss him so much!! 2 years will be long but we will be happy to see him again on screen with an outstanding look and role T.T

:nonono:

@Morpheus Awww yay ! Welcome :wub:!! ! So glad you found this thread too!! Feel free to post all things related to WDH here !!! We all will be here patiently awaiting for his glorious return to the screens !!! 

• Like 1

If you want to see more of his handsome face while waiting his comeback, then you definitely need to watch his movie where he paired with Park Seo Joon. The movie was awesome and he was just stunning and so handsome lmao

:happyshakes:

• Love 1

Just now, Morpheus said:

If you want to see more of his handsome face while waiting his comeback, then you definitely need to watch his movie where he paired with Park Seo Joon. The movie was awesome and he was just stunning and so handsome lmao

:happyshakes:

@Morpheus Oh yes!!! That movie, "Divine Fury", is on my list of WDH works to watch !!! Did you see him in his most recent work, TKEM, too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetButters said:

@Morpheus Oh yes!!! That movie, "Divine Fury", is on my list of WDH works to watch !!! Did you see him in his most recent work, TKEM, too?

oh yeah I watched it but only skip just to see his parts hahaha, I am not a fan of the main plot but the development of his character was super interesting and funny hahaha :D

My favorite characters among those he portrayed is Nam Sun Ho in My country new age, the plot is sooooooo interesting. I am not a fan of bromance but this ONE, this ONE I STAN FOR THIS BROMANCE!!!!

tumblr_pyv475odMk1wht2r7o4_500.gifv 

If you didn't watch it yet, then go watch it!!! It will worth your time, trust me hahaha!!

The second one is definitely Kim Min Joon in Mad Dog, the story itself is so freaking good, one of the best drama I've watched. It was just frustrating because back then I hoped that he can get more lovely moment with the girl T . T

460092afbce6bfd234462a5e7ea5c90b.gif

What about you?

• Love 1

Does anyone know what will happen to the OCN Hero drama? WDH was offered the lead role in it a few weeks ago. Now I wonder if the show will be put on until WDH finishes his military duty or will they choose someone else to fill in the lead role? It seems so unfair that after WDH just finished TKEM and was offered the lead role for another drama, but now he can't take it because he's enlisting!!!

17 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

oh yeah I watched it but only skip just to see his parts hahaha, I am not a fan of the main plot but the development of his character was super interesting and funny hahaha :D

My favorite characters among those he portrayed is Nam Sun Ho in My country new age, the plot is sooooooo interesting. I am not a fan of bromance but this ONE, this ONE I STAN FOR THIS BROMANCE!!!! 

If you didn't watch it yet, then go watch it!!! It will worth your time, trust me hahaha!!

The second one is definitely Kim Min Joon in Mad Dog, the story itself is so freaking good, one of the best drama I've watched. It was just frustrating because back then I hoped that he can get more lovely moment with the girl T . T

What about you?

@Morpheus Haha yea his parts in TKEM were literally the best!!! Although I had wished to see many more scenes of his characters in TKEM and the romantic development between his characters and KYJ's characters. 

I will definitely try watching My Country fully !! I was hesitate to watch it fully because it seemed to have a tragic sad ending :sweatingbullets:!!

Yea I loved him in Mad Dog too!!!! Once I got past the first two episodes, the plot became a lot more interesting to me. Oh yea I was frustrated with the romance between Min Joon and Hari too !!!! I wanted to see more scenes of their romance !!! 

Ive noticed lately that aside from his role in Tempted, WDH roles tend to focus more on action or overall plot of the drama instead of romantic development of his characters. I wonder why that is lol.

I never knew of WDH or heard of him before watching TKEM. However, after watching his scene stealing moments and amazing acting in TKEM, I was instantly hooked on him and his roles!! I've only just watched him in Tempted, TKEM, Mad Dog, and some parts of My Country. I felt that after his stellar performance in TKEM which gained him a lot more international recognition, it's so sad that he has to be enlisted following it.

He was riding the wave and now the wave has been cut short :bawling::

EbTp4ZyXgAAsQzq?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

oh wow the last 2 scenes, i didn't know he was there! don't you think it's amazing that he got nominated for best new actor when he doesn't even have lines? :thumbsup:

@mademoisellesia i haven't watched tempted. was it not worth a watch?

@rocher22  mind to share  the name of the movie/drama...LOL...WDH has got big guns :love:

Hahaha, i see my other bias Kim Woo Bin too:joy:

Good Morning ! *** HUGS *** :heart:

KQ9WZGVcp58QCf_F0mNXVVZwJH2veD5dC4qVTJ_V

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@kmsl We were too!! Me @SCSfanz and @rocher22 were surprised there wasnt a WDH thread until now thanks to @SCSfanz! Don't worry we will all keep supporting each other here while WDH is in the military :heart:!

@mademoisellesia Welcome to the thread !!! Omg I loved him in Mad Dog!!! I dont know if you noticed but some scenes from Mad Dog was also reacted out in TKEM too lol! For example, I think it was in ep 4 of Mad Dog where Park Soon Jung makes a comment in Jang Hari's ear to not take out the ear piece because he wanted to hear how Hari and Min Joon played out (whether it was going to be a triller or romantic movie etc) lol. That scene from Mad Dog was similar to that CCTV room scene with LG and JTE where first LG makes a comment about a dog bow wow and then JTE commenting on JY's relationship with MSA as a triller, spy movie, or romantic comedy haha!!

Haven't tried Save Me yet. I actually loved him in Tempted! I felt like that was one of the only shows he's done where he plays a romantic character. Not to mention, we got to see his kissing skills in it. I thought the storyline of Tempted was ok. Its pretty much a remake of the American movie "Cruel Intentions".

@kmsl @SweetButters @rocher22 sweetbutters and rocher22 were the masterminds, i merely did the legwork. hahhahaha I'm glad we have a "home" now for fellow WDHoes.

saving up on the 3 dramas that i've yet to watch "Save Me", 'Mad Dog" "tempted" so that i would continue to be entertained with new contents while he is gone. Need to rewatch TKEM too but i've been putting it off. 

@mademoisellesia It seems there are mixed reviews on tempted so i was actually hesistating to watch it. Although i did take a peek at some youtube clips. i'll just give it a shot for WDH. 

5 hours ago, SweetButters said:

Does anyone know what will happen to the OCN Hero drama? WDH was offered the lead role in it a few weeks ago. Now I wonder if the show will be put on until WDH finishes his military duty or will they choose someone else to fill in the lead role? It seems so unfair that after WDH just finished TKEM and was offered the lead role for another drama, but now he can't take it because he's enlisting!!!

@Morpheus Haha yea his parts in TKEM were literally the best!!! Although I had wished to see many more scenes of his characters in TKEM and the romantic development between his characters and KYJ's characters. 

I will definitely try watching My Country fully !! I was hesitate to watch it fully because it seemed to have a tragic sad ending :sweatingbullets:!!

Yea I loved him in Mad Dog too!!!! Once I got past the first two episodes, the plot became a lot more interesting to me. Oh yea I was frustrated with the romance between Min Joon and Hari too !!!! I wanted to see more scenes of their romance !!! 

Ive noticed lately that aside from his role in Tempted, WDH roles tend to focus more on action or overall plot of the drama instead of romantic development of his characters. I wonder why that is lol.

I never knew of WDH or heard of him before watching TKEM. However, after watching his scene stealing moments and amazing acting in TKEM, I was instantly hooked on him and his roles!! I've only just watched him in Tempted, TKEM, Mad Dog, and some parts of My Country. I felt that after his stellar performance in TKEM which gained him a lot more international recognition, it's so sad that he has to be enlisted following it.

He was riding the wave and now the wave has been cut short :bawling::

@SweetButters  I suspect Hero will be given to someone else unless the writer can wait. But then this industry is probably all about profits so... I think WDH gained sudden international fame through TKEM and probably his latest works since he's  been working non stop, hopefully his 2 years hiatus wouldn't cause a break in this momentum. and i hope he'll be offered something soon after he gets discharged. I know some actors waited even longer to get back on the small screen . 

Also you need to watch  my country! Yes it's tragic and sad but the story is so good and WDH really shines in this, you'll love his character Nam Sun Ho i promise. Also, he looks freaking good in it.  I cried buckets. I'm sure @Morpheus agrees as well haha. 

I think WDH is such a diverse actor and he can fit into so many different kind of roles instead of just limiting himself to romance  focused dramas (which doesn't require alot of skills i think) . I think alot of actors may  not be able to pull off the JY/ES role as well as he did for eg. At least i can't imagine anyone else doing it! 

Regarding the scene with MSA, i forgot actually. Are you rewatching TKEM now? 

4 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@rocher22  mind to share  the name of the movie/drama...LOL...WDH has got big guns :love:

Hahaha, i see my other bias Kim Woo Bin too:joy:

Good Morning ! *** HUGS *** :heart:

@Thong Thin I LOL at your big guns comments .  i think @rocher22   was referring to master?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

My puppy in our local news today. :heart:

I have translated what is being written below.

BB15WoXq.img?h=630&w=1119&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

PELAKON popular Korea Selatan, Woo Do-hwan mengejutkan peminat apabila mengumumkan akan mengikuti latihan wajib ketenteraan bulan depan menerusi sepucuk surat yang  dimuat naik di Instagram, semalam.

Menerusi surat itu, pelakon siri The King: Eternal Monarch itu meluahkan rasa kesal kerana tidak berkesempatan untuk bertemu dan mengucapkan selamat tinggal.

"Saya akan mendaftar sebagai tentera pada 6 Julai ini. Saya berasa menyesal kerana tidak dapat bertemu dengan anda dan mengucapkan selamat tinggal.

"Anda mungkin terkejut dengan perkhabaran yang tiba-tiba ini, tetapi saya menulis surat ini kerana saya ingin mengumumkan ini secara peribadi kepada anda iaitu peminat saya terlebih dahulu," katanya.

Isi surat itu juga antara lain Do-hwan  mengucapkan terima kasih kepada semua peminat yang menyokong kerjaya seninya selama ini.

"Saya gembira ketika menjayakan setiap projek. Terima kasih atas cinta yang diberikan semua orang kepada saya. Terima kasih juga kerana sudah menyaksikan saya di usia 20-an dan mencintai saya. Berkat itu, saya boleh menghabiskan usia 20-an dengan sangat bahagia," katanya.

Do-hwan juga meminta dan berharap semua peminat agar terus sihat dan berbahagia biarpun masih berdepan penularan pandemik Covid-19.

"Saya akan kembali dalam keadaan sihat, baik dan bekerja sekali lagi. Saya sangat mencintai anda semua dan berasa sangat bersyukur. Tiada kata-kata yang dapat saya ungkapkan," katanya.

Rakan artis lain iaitu Jung Il-woo dan pelakon yang turut terbabit dalam siri The King: Eternal Monarch, Kim Go-eun, turut menulis di ruangan komen.

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd

:heart4:

WDH surprised his fans when he announched that he will be joining his MS next month by writing on his IG last night.

The letter states that he regretted did not have time to meet and say goodbye.

He will be enlisted on 6/7/20.

With the sudden news, I am writing because I would like to announce personally to all my fans for supporting me all this while.

I am happy the project is a success, thank you all for the love given.

WDH also wish all his fans stay healthy and happy during the Pandemic.

I am very blessed to have all your love, no words can describe.

I will be back in good health.

Ma boy so sweet ! :heart3:

• Thanks 1

Looks like our WDH is now part of the so called "Handsome Gang" haha:

Netflix Philippines also posted about WDH on Twitter:

3 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters  I suspect Hero will be given to someone else unless the writer can wait. But then this industry is probably all about profits so... I think WDH gained sudden international fame through TKEM and probably his latest works since he's  been working non stop, hopefully his 2 years hiatus wouldn't cause a break in this momentum. and i hope he'll be offered something soon after he gets discharged. I know some actors waited even longer to get back on the small screen . 

Also you need to watch  my country! Yes it's tragic and sad but the story is so good and WDH really shines in this, you'll love his character Nam Sun Ho i promise. Also, he looks freaking good in it.  I cried buckets. I'm sure @Morpheus agrees as well haha. 

I think WDH is such a diverse actor and he can fit into so many different kind of roles instead of just limiting himself to romance  focused dramas (which doesn't require alot of skills i think) . I think alot of actors may  not be able to pull off the JY/ES role as well as he did for eg. At least i can't imagine anyone else doing it! 

Regarding the scene with MSA, i forgot actually. Are you rewatching TKEM now? 

@SCSfanz Oh darn !!! The lead role in Hero would have been perfect for WDH !!! Yea I am hoping that we his loyal fans will keep supporting him throughout his military service !!! I'm sure with WDH being the ever diligent work horse that he is, he will probably start shooting immediately following his discharge :fingerheartx:!!!

Yea WDH is really such a unique and highly talented actor indeed !!! I don't think I've ever watch any actor in both SK or Western films/shows play dual roles the way WDH did!! Maybe someone who was close to WDH's dual roles acting skills would be Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire. Like all the subtle mannerisms he introduced in both JY and ES were just beyond anything I have ever seen. It'll be sad though that if he gets an award for his performance in TKEM, he won't be around to accept it nor give a speech :bawling:!! This may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel like WDH out acted even the "great" LMH lol.  Also, I will definitely try later to watch "My Country"!!

Well these days, I have a nightly routine of rewatching 1 episode of TKEM and only watching the parts with WDH in it lol. Everyone else in that forum were all gushing about LG and JTE, but I dont know those parts didn't really cause my heart to flutter or eyes to cry lol. Literally I cried  twice during TKEM and it says something because I never cry while viewing any show or movie ever!! The two times I cried was when JY and ES were hugging/saying goodbye and when JY was hurt and remembering back to when LG called him his "Unbreakable Sword" and shedding one single tear before going unconscious lol. Like the comparison I would make between LMH's acting vs WDH's acting in TKEM is like Kim Kardashian/Megan Fox vs Jodie Foster/ Kate Winslet. Maybe thats a bit harsh of a comparison, but the acting range WDH held in TKEM was just far superior than LMH's lol. I was just kinda annoyed that there were many more articles published about LMH's "dynamic" acting in TKEM and not more articles published praising WDH's acting in TKEM lol.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1