[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

larus

53 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yep, totally agree. I feel like by pulling these conventional story lines it's actually going against what the show was - fun and predictable.

I think you all have said it all. But based on the text preview Jun secrets gonna be reviled in next episode so I think it is gonna explain his action in ep 14. Frankly I do not mind break up as long as writer have explained it so we understand where character are coming from. Do no know if you have watched Do you like brhams? but there was a break up in that. writer had prepared in a way so we understand why it happens. even if it was sad I also could follow emotionally characters action. So yeah I think the fact that we do not know what is going on with Jun make us all going why is this happening. therefor I am gonna hang on a little and hope writer lett us really enter Jun mental stage and understand his action next episode. Maybe this gonna change how we look at ep.14. Let us really judge when we have the whole picture and can see what writer wanted to tell with this two episodes and how it comes together final week. :) 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Apparently angst is still there in Episode 15 and the description reads as follows (Spoiler from Twitter):

Episode 15 #Chopin Etude Op.10-3,'Tristesse' (a song of farewell) Lara reunites with Misuk Gong and is comforted by her sad heart.  Another secret of Jun, which Lara doesn't know yet, is gradually revealed, and the two break up..

I guess we just have one happy episode then -16th

there is also another spoiler with Jun in a black suit and different hair cut (likely time jump) and it seems like Eunpo (edit : pic now deleted!)

and another one saying that in The IG update on Nov 6th Go Ara is wearing the diamond band ring in one pic with a red coat. It does legit looks like the same ring and it’s on the left hand ring finger.

@Raynaa why couldn't they pack all the sadness this week so we can get all the happy moments next week? The title pretty much confirms a sad episode. :criesariver:

I can’t believe it’s the last week already. Anyone else planning their days for next Wednesday/Thursday already? Based on what Raynaa found, I think I will wait until an hour before netflix uploads episode 16 to watch episode 15. I don’t think I can take any more sadness after this week.  I will probably bringe episodes 1-14 on Wednesday instead.:hooray:

55 minutes ago, Rilabear said:

I can’t believe it’s the last week already. Anyone else planning their days for next Wednesday/Thursday already? Based on what Raynaa found, I think I will wait until an hour before netflix uploads episode 16 to watch episode 15. I don’t think I can take any more sadness after this week.  I will probably bringe episodes 1-14 on Wednesday instead.

i decided to watch live streaming even i did not understand....i just can' t wait what going happen to them.this drama would be last drama for this year that i watch ongoing, so i will just enjoy it.:elated:

This is definitely one of the best dramas of 2020. But why the heartbreak? Just when we thought it would a different , a feel good drama, you get our tear ducts working! This was such a refreshing story! Why do you have to add a break-up and separation?  

All the characters are absolutely wonderful! Jun better do a lot of grovelling if he wants Ra-Ra back! She should not forgive me easily for putting her through the ringer! But knowing, Rara, she would be her sweet, gentle self and would welcome him back with open arms.

The break-up scene weighs too heavily on my heart. It was like a deja-vu moment, similar to the grandfather's break-up scene. :tears: I wasn't ready for a double onslaught of my heart.

Spoiler

There is a fan visit  pic from Nov 4th on Instagram that shows Jun shooting on a hospital set.

- Either the date is misleading and this is from one of RaRa’s hospital stays - 3 so far! (Car accident, stalker incident, bike accident) and this is complete wrong. Or 

- Jun is sick now. or

- Jun decided to become a doctor (he had saved Harabojees life). 

there is also another fan theory from Twitter that says Go Aras pic from 8th Nov at the airport points to a happy ending in Jeju . They finally took that cruise to Jeju! Go Ara said that she’s 99 percent like Rara. May be Go Ara is helping us reduce some anxiety!! :wow1:

I’m too invested now to not watch episode 15 on Wednesday but any other drama I wouldn’t have! But yes the angst and anxiety has been extreme  and I’m not gonna watch an ongoing drama for a long time for sure!

1 hour ago, Wendy123 said:

I feel like this is one of those dramas that will age well. It's more fit for binge watching, because despite some rough episodes, it's still a good drama. I hope lots of people discover it in the future~

indeed....i'm agree with you.i also think i would watch this drama again  from the start when its complete.

27 minutes ago, Raynaa said:

I’m not gonna watch an ongoing drama for a long time for sure!

same....i usually only watch 1 or 2 drama ongoing every year.so i'm done for this year with DDSSLLS

On 11/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, Raynaa said:

I am going with the theory of Jun being sick for now but it could also be the dad (but doesn’t sound convincing to me considering he’s stood up to his dad before by running away 

My main theories are not much different from everyone else's, but here they are summarised with the clues we've been given. Both are depressing, obviously, but what can we do when the writer choose this route

:Furious:

Theory A: Father is threatening to physically harm Lala and/or townspeople

Jun needs to ask his father for money to buy Lalaland. Father is outraged that he still cares about Eunpo and says if he does it then he has to break up with Lala. Jun refuses and says he'll find the money another way. His father says if he does, he will personally destroy Lalaland/ Eunpo towns folk and hurt Lala. I still remember the scene where Jun missed the dinner with his tutor and his father said he would do something to "that woman" referring to Lala and Jun's mother looked scared. (Not sure if for herself or Lala). Father's threats involve hurting Lala, but he says he will not hurt her and even buy the building if he breaks up with Lala. And he wants it confirmed so he will monitor Jun. Jun was drugged by GY and taken home instead of being allowed to meet with Lala. Jun sees GY and Lala's interaction and worries Lala won't let him go and will endanger herself (also maybe GY reports things to his parents)...so Jun pretends to be in a relationship with GY to fool his dad and Lala, and breaks up with Lala in a way that looks realistic to his father. Jun's father then goes one step further and says they are moving away/ or Jun has to attend school elsewhere in Korea or overseas. Time jump. 

This theory explains: Drugged Coffee, why Jun was hurtful, why he was was pretending to have a girlfriend, the moving away

:fear:

Theory B: Jun is seriously ill, combined with father's pressure

Jun was always kind of sick when he was younger, and maybe he was when he first met Lala too, but she offered him some comfort / positive outlook on life and that's why he liked her (haha, this is probably influenced by my knowing an IVF child who was sickly a lot). Anyway, it's not been a huge problem, but he's not been taking it seriously and skipping health checks. His mother is worried  because lately the nosebleeds/ other things have been worse. She gets GY to drug him and take him for a check up. They find out he's seriously sick now and they need to get him treated somewhere. This also juxtaposes with Dr Cha's medicine just being vitamins - one seemed healthy but was sick (Jun) , the other seemed sick but was healthy (Dr Cha). Jun is truly a noble idiot and doesn't want Lala to know how sick he is because he doesn't want her to worry about him and thinks she should forget about him because he might die, but also he's refusing to move away for treatment, so his father offers him a deal: break up with Lala, move away for treatment and I'll do something for you (buy Lala land). That done, he moves away. Time jump. 

This theory explains: Drugged coffee, the nosebleeds and health checks,  why he says there was something he hoped she wouldn't remember, why he was hurtful, the moving away

:criesariver:

Before anyone tells me that it doesn't explain Jun's bad behaviour...I'm gonna say, it doesn't excuse his behaviour, but it would explain the behaviour  as a 'sense of desperation' to make sure Lala won't try to get back with him or find him either for her own safety or sadness. Still makjang as hell though. I don't think my theories are correct since my last guesses were only 50% correct...sometimes I'm very wrong and sometimes I'm spot on, but this is just what I have gone thought of since seeing the ep, reading everyone's thoughts and trying to piece things together. Of course, there's red herrings, potential twists and potentially missed clues/ withheld information. 

On 11/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, Raynaa said:

He should know that Rara is In love with him and not LaLa land) and I don’t understand why did he say she doesn’t deserve to be with someone like him? 

also it’s just so melodramatic that :

- Harabojee definitely can guide Rara or tell her something she needs to know but he’s sick

- the first meeting is still not revealed to Rara. So she’s still in the dark about that though she forgave him once already for hiding the meeting at her graduation and about his age.

- if there’s a time jump and Jun comes back after a few years it’s so bad that Rara will be living in agony till then and all this just to basically cover the age gap o what? Clearly the way Rara is she won’t be able to move on and her suffering alone is so unfair. I wonder if she moves back to Seoul with her music teacher or stays back in Eunpo and has more people for support.

also for the viewers who signed up for a rom com and stayed so far due to the fun element it’s been quite a few episodes of angst now and melo mode and if the happy ending just lasts like half of episode 16 it’s really gonna be so not fair 

You're literally spoken all my feelings! I wish he would think about how attached she is to him and she'd be more than happy to find a new place to live....but I guess it's her piano academy too....but I think she be able to find another job just to stay with him?? 

Yeah, I did not sign up for this angst. I was drawn to this drama for it's fun quirky and warm vibe. I'm so annoyed at the writers for this melo and predictable "twist" and episode 16 better not be half an episode of filler. I do think for the first 13 episodes this was one of the best dramas I watched this year. But I'm hesitant to recommend at the moment until I know how it ends - don't want people cursing me for the angst!!

At this point I’m not sure they have enough time to show that Jun is sick. And parents conditions just wouldn’t sound convincing honestly. Either way I hope I had binged watched this one after it was over to find the story convincing because right now it all seems out of line and not justified.

As of now they will be covering how they first met in episode 15 atleast which would be connected to DDSSLLS identity too. I’m hoping that they patch up atleast at the end of episode 15 so we have atleast an entire good episode 16. Instead of just second half of episode 16 being happy and their meeting again being too random and short.

They have already covered a lot of happy couple scenes like the beach scene, baking scene, happy Eunpo family dinner scene and cooking for each other. Another wedding scene also might be unlikely so they are more likely to go down the second half of episode 16 route, but I think one entire happy episode after so much angst is necessary to justify the earlier happy episodes and the genre it started of with!

(Considering the viewers reaction it’s quite likely that many people might tune in for episode 16 directly and skip episode 15. That’s why I think that KBS has so many posts on Insta today reminding everyone to tune in on Wednesday! I hope they provide some relief to the viewers!)

On 11/21/2020 at 12:07 AM, Rilabear said:

@JenL thank you for sharing these! That pic might just be my favorite photo of Jun and RaRa ever (hopefully they top it for the finale). Your website has helped me get through the past few weeks while waiting for the new episodes. :wub:

@Raynaa It looks like they are giving us less hints about the final week. I like some angst, but it is way too late in the show’s run to separate our otp like this. It stresses me out because there’s only 2 episodes left to fit everything. How will they handle the reconciliation, DoDoSolSolLaLaSol’s identity, grandpa waking up, and the cafe scene when RaRa lost her wallet? It also feels like Jaemin’s story is unfinished. As much as I love the side characters, I hope they don’t sacrifice precious Jun/RaRa screen-time to close out other stories.

Awwww, Thank you! That's very kind of you to say so. I'm glad you've liked the content. I found myself collecting everything because this drama was so cute....now that it's so angsty, I'm collecting stuff and watching the BTS to calm my nerves - at least Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook were always super light hearted and fun in real life.

Anyway, here's some cheerful content while we wait for what is hopefully some happier episodes:

1. Opening Press Conference - I went back to watch the opening press conference to see if there were any clues and couldn't help but make a post on all the cute photos that were taken then. KBS subbed the press conference on V-Live, which I've linked here too. I guess Go Ara did mention that there was going to be sorrows as well as joys...but still it's been a lot of sorrows lately!!

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/opening-virtual-press-conference-for-do.html

1OCMdQA.png

2. Radio Interview with CoolFM - Because @Nodame gave us all a lovely summary of the radio interview (Hope you don't mind me putting it here - let me know if not or if you want to be credited to a specific social media site etc), I popped it into a post with all the photos of Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook that day.

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/instagram-update-interview-kbs-coolfm.html

ZwWK0kE.jpg

3. Beach runaway wedding specific content - Since there were soooo many official Beach-runaway wedding content that KBS has released to subdue annoyed fans, I have another post for official stills and behind the scenes, as opposed to just Go Ara's Wedding dress pics:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/pictures-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-kbs.html

Q6oRQuS.png

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol: Episodes 13-14 Open Thread

by missvictrix

DDSS1314_1.jpg

Things are winding down during our penultimate week… or they should be! Instead, we no sooner get to the bottom of one matrimonial problem, when new obstacles turn up out of the wild blue yonder and threaten to take down our couple once and for all.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

DDSS1314_2.jpg

It’s a week of pranks on Do Do Sol Sol! Some work, and add interest, but others seem like they were pulled out of a hat just to keep us watching. While I’m sure our ending looks the same either way, I was hoping for a little more cohesion at this point — why not address the issues at hand instead of inventing new ones to add to the stack? Let’s explore.

Our first prank is, of course, the wedding ruse. We’re led to believe that Dr. Cha and Lala are getting hitched, even though we all know it’s 100% improbable. Joon turns into a wedding crasher and whisks Lala away (the epicness of this scene outweighs the illogical aspects, for sure). They hop into Juju and go for a ride to the ocean for a heart to heart — and so we can get all the cute coupley moments we need, including a random piano turning upon the sand for Lala to play, a legitimate kiss between them, and a renewed sense of their love for each other (as if we doubted).

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-episodes-13-14-open-thread/

The first meeting scene really seems to be the crux of the show with Go Ara highlighting it on her Insta and so much attention paid to the colours and the overall aesthetics. Rara is particularly well dressed and the white background plus red piano etc make for a bright eye catching ambience. They have tried their best to keep this scene under wraps also almost until the episode telecast.

is it a cafe performance? Rara was a part of some event? And what was Jun doing there as a high schooler? I’m just not able to figure out the venue or the scene setting.

I hope it lives up to the hype and Wednesday’s episode has less angst and more Jun and Rara awesomeness! 

Spoiler

edited: and new stills by kbs show that they reunite at the same cafe! They are wearing matching outfits and the same outfits as when Rara is running past Juns car. Looks like the cafe is of particular significance and that’s why the first trailer also was at a cafe. (Though not the same one!). This time Rara is also having an Americano like Jun instead of her favourite juice!

also on An unrelated note the photo of Jun in the hospital , other than Dr Cha and RaRa’s ex fiancé recognising  Jun . I wonder if it has any relevance? 

@JenL looks like they are wearing the same outfits as when RaRa runs to Jun’s house, and he is in the car with his mom. They probably reunite at the cafe later that day and Jun confesses that he met her there. Hopefully this happens in the middle of the episode and not the end. I hate that they have been wearing dark colors since their separation. I wanna see RaRa in her princess outfits again. 

2 hours ago, Raynaa said:

Their outfits match in colours hope that’s a good sign and Rara is also having an iced americano like jun instead of her favourite juice!

but seeing this writers style so far I think the ending will be determined only in the last episode and not second last. 

hope their meeting lead to something happy for them....i anvious waiting for tomorrow. i think this scene came out after rara go to jun house....i just hope jun's mom become the one that lead to this meeting. i just can't take another separation between them.:please:

4 hours ago, Rilabear said:

@JenL looks like they are wearing the same outfits as when RaRa runs to Jun’s house, and he is in the car with his mom. They probably reunite at the cafe later that day and Jun confesses that he met her there. Hopefully this happens in the middle of the episode and not the end. I hate that they have been wearing dark colors since their separation. I wanna see RaRa in her princess outfits again. 

Yep, it seems like it. I totally agree. I just want all the angst sorted asap rather than later. Like it would be nice to have 2 episodes to tie up things so that it doesn't feel rushed.  I also hope this isn't just Lala's imagination because that would be a fresh wave of pain I could not take at the moment :confounded:

3 hours ago, Raynaa said:

@Rilabear @JenL Their outfits match in colours hope that’s a good sign :P and Rara is also having an iced americano like jun instead of her favourite juice!

but seeing this writers style so far I think the ending will be determined only in the last episode and not second last. 

Hahaha, yes, any sign that they still care for each other or match is nice! Ughhh...but expected I guess with this ending style - a lot of writers like to do this and it drives me mad.  they leave the angst far too late to be resolved in a very satisfying way. :cold_sweat:

Haha, I'm guessing there's been so much angst that the production team made this comment:

"The drama’s production team commented, “Goo La La and Sun Woo Joon will have a heartwarming reunion in a special place. Please look forward to finding out the truth about their secrets as well as the twists in their romance that has yet to end"

Original article in Korean: http://mylovekbs.kbs.co.kr/index.html?source=mylovekbs&sname=mylovekbs&stype=magazine&contents_id=70000000394031

Been trying to keep my spirits up for Episode 15 by watching all the additional KBS interviews these guys did to promote DDSSLLS. No matter how bad things are with Jun and Lala, Lee Jae Wook and Go Ara never failed to hook me with their off-screen banter. Hehe so cute! Did you guys ever come across these interviews? I found them on people's instagrams

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/interviews-go-ara-lee-jae-wook-complete.html

h5jWffu.png

Also an update of the new stills: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/pictures-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-kbs.html

8Cvl3oU.jpg

Archived