[Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔

7 hours ago, Raynaa said:

why is his jacket weird and covering his hands completely in the cafe scene? 

I wonder about that too. His expression do not look good either.... I feel there is allot going on with Jun this episode and reason for his action. Poor boy most have allot of conflicted feelings. I am sure we gonna have allot of twist and turn this episode. 

Edit. 

Lokking at the hand holding scene and airport scene Jun right hand is strange there to. omg I feel he is sick or something... :(  

• Like 1
  • Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, thinking back about it, there were some hints that he might be younger. Not sure how the writer thinks this will benefit the plot - I find it weird and would have preferred him being the same ag

New still cuts https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/27/BW47VTCEJETIIQCCLBYY3DMGWU/?outputType=amp/   So Jun and Rara really met at graduation recital. He came w

Credit to @fan-number20000425 on Tumblr Somebody cast these two in a period drama!! I mean look at them!!  Go Ara is such a classic beauty, and Lee Jae Wook has that innocent yet charismatic

Episode 13

-Yay, well everyone figure out at least one twist in the story which was the wedding business! :tounge_xd:

-In the memory looking back at how Dr Cha and Lala got roped into doing the fake wedding, it was quite funny to see how much shade English-speaking ajumma gives to the other ajummas coz her kid got into medical school...haha, explains why her kid does not hang out with SK and HY

-Also laughed a lot when SK and HY were begging Dr Cha with their puppy dog eyes and creepy shoulder pats :lol:

-Ahhh, lots of HY and SK moments this episode which was sweet. They're so comfortable with each other that they know how to do all the couple poses without feeling the least bit uncomfortable. Meant to be, those two!! :fullofhearts:

-I loved how everyone freaked out at the wedding except grandpa who yelled out "Be Happy you two!!" I think he sees in Jun what he felt himself in his own love life - a love that will never die. :heart:

-Yayyyyy, Jun is an adult now and the first sign was that he could drive and he bought back Juju, which was sweet. Of course he wouldn't let Lala be without something precious to her once he found out what she'd done.

-The beach scenes were adorable! I kind of wish we'd seen Jun and Lala's full conversation about why she was having a fake wedding, but I get the feeling Jun could never get angry at her, so it wouldn't have been a burst of jealousy or anything like that. Heh, it was cute that he told her he was "taller" now and how could she resist that :love: I wish I could have enjoyed it properly, but then Jun's voice was foreshadowing scary break up words...

-Since Dr Cha is not DDSSLLS, and Grandpa is the one who bought the piano, DDSSLLS still remains a mystery. A part of me feels like it's Jun because he acts funny every time DDSSLLS is mentioned and he is young, so good with social media. Also, he could have wanted to meet Lala again...the easiest way is to 'stalk' (harmlessly) someone on instagram....but I also feel the clues are too obvious and it could be someone on the side that we haven't noticed like her piano teacher

:cutekitty:

-The thug this episode was so funny. He fits right in in Eunpo. Love how he's actively pursuing the hairdresser and he's looking after Dr Cha (Wow can he cook!! Once again I got so hungry watching that scene) . Also laughed a lot when he said this was the meaning of him being good with knives :tounge_wink: Really like how neighbouring and small village-community this show is.

-There were 2 conversations I loved in that episode - The first was obviously Jun and Lala's conversation about her being in debt to him again to ease his sense of security. I found it intense that Jun said Lala hadn't let him call or visit (probably to ease his mother's worries), so no wonder he wanted her to stay in debt to him. But they've always used the debt as a metaphor for their feelings, so it was quite cute to see that again :kiss_wink:

-The second conversation was Jun and Dr cha actually being friends. I love that there's no actual competition over Lala. I think Dr cha seems to realise it wasn't just Lala that healed him, but the whole of Eunpo, including Jun. Jun can probably relate to his feelings as he also felt dead inside before moving to Eunpo. I love that Dr Cha is refreshed and amused by Jun and Lala  And he could joke with Jun so easily and even reach out awkwardly, but warmly to give him a hug/ backpat 

:heartxoxo:

-Not going to lie though, there was a sense when I got to the end of the episode where I felt it was a bit filler. I think this was the first episode where Jun and Lala had less screen time (because before they also played the story of grandpa's love life). And I really really love the other characters as well, but just felt some of the stories being told were not so well weaved together? Or maybe they were setting the grounds for a new twist? Eg. the suggestion to visit Secretary Moon felt random. :no_mouth:

-Epilogue was super cute by the way!! I love that Jun stole the teacup because he sees himself as Lala's future husband....

:smooches2:

BUT what is this angst next episode??  Hope it's just a quick tease and flips unexpectedly as it tends to do in this series!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

The best part of today episode is that girl left. So what writer is hiding is the reason for Jun action and the aftermath of today episode. Beside the other important issues that need to be addressed. I just feel so bad for both Jun and rara. :tears:

• Like 2

It’s gonna be a sad episode 15 also. I still think Jun is not well. He does look a bit pale in the car scene also.

I think in their first meeting RaRa mentioned the twinkle twinkle little star incident and that’s why Jun is Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol. I hope we still have a happy ending though it looks like it could  be a sad one now. If Jun is sick I hope he gets better. I really don’t like short intense love stories where one lead dies. I don’t understand the concept of beautiful while it lasted especially in an apparent happy show like this one. 

I wonder when he passed out after the coffee the mom took him to the hospital for testing or something? I really do think that Jun would know that LaLa Land can’t be more precious to Rara than him. I’m almost sure now that he’s sick. 

• Like 3
Spoiler

Basically the girl is a classmate of Juns. She likes him. Jun is on the way to meet with lalA and runs into the girl and she offers to take him to wherever he needs to go. He takes her offer cause she’s holding up all the cars. She gives him a drink and next think we know he’s sleeping. So he’s not able to meet with Lala anymore. Afterwards Lala isn’t able to reach Jun anymore. The detective goes and tracks him and takes those pictures of Jun and the girl. Jun meets with Lala and tells her “I thought our final goodbye should be in person.” He tells her he doesn’t like her anymore and that they should break up. In the epilogue we see that after he leaves her he watches her through the window and cries. Final scene Lala goes to the airport to meet her piano teacher and ends up seeing Jun there with the girl. So in the preview, we find out that Jun was the one that purchased thebuilding. So obviously he’s pulling this noble idiocy because of some deal he made with his mom. 

I don’t like this development at all. I just don’t understand why Jun would leave her because he thought getting her this building would make her happier? At least it seems like Lala is going to go after him after finding out the truth. Don’t have much time, so will come back to write more later. 

and another quick note, I just can’t understand why he’s doing what he’s doing. I’m trying to rack my brain for reasoning, cause it doesn’t make sense that he would leave her in exchange for buying the building. So is there something else? Is he really sick like others are wondering??

So this was a frustrating episode.... just wrote up a super super quick recap. 

• Sad 6
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Basically the girl is a classmate of Juns. She likes him. Jun is on the way to meet with lalA and runs into the girl and she offers to take him to wherever he needs to go. He takes her offer cause she’s holding up all the cars. She gives him a drink and next think we know he’s sleeping. So he’s not able to meet with Lala anymore. Afterwards Lala isn’t able to reach Jun anymore. The detective goes and tracks him and takes those pictures of Jun and the girl. Jun meets with Lala and tells her “I thought our final goodbye should be in person.” He tells her he doesn’t like her anymore and that they should break up. In the epilogue we see that after he leaves her he watches her through the window and cries. Final scene Lala goes to the airport to meet her piano teacher and ends up seeing Jun there with the girl. So in the preview, we find out that Jun was the one that purchased thebuilding. So obviously he’s pulling this noble idiocy because of some deal he made with his mom. 

I don’t like this development at all. I just don’t understand why Jun would leave her because he thought getting her this building would make her happier? At least it seems like Lala is going to go after him after finding out the truth. Don’t have much time, so will come back to write more later. 

and another quick note, I just can’t understand why he’s doing what he’s doing. I’m trying to rack my brain for reasoning, cause it doesn’t make sense that he would leave her in exchange for buying the building. So is there something else? Is he really sick like others are wondering??

So this was a frustrating episode.... just wrote up a super super quick recap. 

Thanks for the super quick recap, I just went straight to watching the preview for next week’s episode instead. The epilogue was so heart breaking. I’m watching this together with all the other episodes next week. It’s so sad. 

I can’t with the whole makjang-esque theme happening in the last few episodes like can we have lots of skinship and kisses on episode 16 to make up for everything writer-nim! Chebal!!!

• Like 3

:criesariver::criesariver:

Whhyyyyy...this drama is supposed to be a romcom. Im so sad i cant feel as happy aa I should for Hayeong and Seunggi.

The preview suggest Jun is really dodosolsollalasol.  Suspecting it gets to do something with Dad since he went to his dad office prior. Cant Jun's Mom be their shipper too, she was crying too when Jun was bundled up crying on his bed.

Ughh, i feel like taking the week off from work to wait for next week new episodes. :criesariver:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

So character motivations just went out the window. It’s fine that Jun fell for RaRa even though his best friend liked her because you can’t control your feelings. However, out of nowhere Jun decides he wants to major in Math AND go to Stanford just like his friend. Am I missing something here? Where are Jun’s own dreams and motivations? Was the writer paid to add the ex classmate to promote her or something? She seemed totally unnecessary to the story.

Yes, I know it’s all because he asked his parents for money to purchase LaLa Land, but did he really have to go so far as to hurt RaRa like that? I loved this show because it was different from all the other kdramas. I hadn’t watched a drama in over a year until I stumbled on this show. Suddenly the writer is pulling all these makjang storylines with a conveniently unconscious harabeoji, fake dating, breakups, and forced separation. A story can be good with interesting characters and relationships (ie Let’s Eat 2, Reply 1988). The writer didn’t need to pull these things just to keep the viewers interested. In fact, it’s making me less invested in the show. I have been waiting for a Jun and RaRa reunion but they keep getting pulled apart. 

• Like 7

AHHHHH I'm just going to vent first because I can't contain my feelings!!! WHHHYYYYYYY??? :rage:

It has gone down a very conventional makjung break up route. :heartbreak:

This episode also played out exactly like it looked like it would. As in, I felt like we watched the entire episode by looking at the trailer and those stills. Because those were pretty much all Lala and Jun's story lines. The rest were the side characters (who I still love), but if they introduce a makjung storyline in the last 3 episodes, I feel like it's dangerous giving all that airtime to side characters because you're not going to wrap up things in good time. :cold_sweat:

Also now the genre is feeling like melo instead of rom-com and I'm not sure I can deal. There were still nice moments in the episode, ie. HY and SK finally making things official. But I felt like there was a lot of filler and angst too. Not sure why the writers have gone down this path at all. :confounded:

This better not have a sad ending. The only way to fix this now is like fluffing up the last episode with extreme skinship. :bawling:

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Ohh where was this? I must have missed this scene??

It’s the part where it was raining and the TWD ladies are listening to prenatal music lol, then we see jun lying in bed crying and the mom sees this and she was also in anguish because of what jun’s going through.

ok I said I wouldn’t watched but I just watch the latter part. This is such a heartbreaking episode. They could just have jun you know confront parents instead of having this plot line which is honestly recycled. The show was getting good reviews because it wasn’t following any kdrama trope and it was light hearted unlike other dramas where the plot line is too generic but guess there was no other way to confront all these plot holes(?) 

to tie the story at the very end? 

Kinda disappointed but will wait until the very end I need me some rara and jun butterfly in my stomach, covering my eyes fluffiness!

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Ohh where was this? I must have missed this scene??

Yeah he was crying at home. It wasn't very clear, but you could hear his sobs. And his mum peeked in and closed the door and she was also teary. I'm pretty sure he's sick and he's just doing this to "save" Lala from further heartbreak. Maybe he's leaving to get treatment?

• Like 2

Jun's father definitely demanded something from him in order to buy Lalaland. Jun went to meet his dad in this episode, and I'm guessing we'll find out what the conversation was in episode 15, because we see him in the same outfit again for next week's preview. Plus, it doesn't seem like Jun left with Gayoung. She's probably the one that's going back, and Jun was there to send her off. He only had one suitcase, Gayoung was the only one holding a passport and a ticket, and she was only in Korea due to visa issues. Jun's dad probably demanded for Jun to break up with Rara, and by the looks of the preview, their entire family is moving somewhere. Jun's still young, and has no choice on these matters, but I was crying for our Jun and Rara the entire episode. I really hope the writer can make up for all this pain in the last 2 episodes. :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I think he’s sick and he doesn’t want RaRa to go through heartbreak again after her dad and I think Rara did win over the mom with her maturity and the fact that they did break up and actually stay away for his studies and she did not meet him when he was a minor. 

I wonder if the friend helped him getting tested hence the coffee drugging. Or maybe she did it on the moms instructions since Jun had been missing his medical tests. I don’t think the girl is a negative character just like the secretary wasn’t. Her reaction was not negative when Rara said no to break up she was almost pleasantly surprised with RaRas conviction. 

Juns hospital family background is similar to So ji Sub in Oh my Venus and they had shown So ji Sub as sick and he did not want to be with Shin Min Ahs character when he was sick too. 

Jun is Not scared to work hard or short of ideas to earn money. Neither is he scared of his parents as he already ran away before and he’s stubborn. He would take RaRa with him and run away if he had to. Breaking up for just the LaLa land building cos his parents helped him fund it doesn’t make sense at all. 

Juns foreshadow on the beach  and from the bike scene I think after the movie is according to me from this point in time from the bridge where he also adds that he did not want Rara to remember but she did. I think he reminiscing because he still doesn’t know if he will recover. The beach scene except for the photo but when Rara is running on the sand doesn’t count for a happy scene for me this week the foreshadow ruined it for me plus when Jun hugs Rara before the kiss he’s kind of pensive not sure why.

I’m so affected and in a bad mood almost teary eyed but not able to cry due to dry weather eyes, I’ve pretty much never experienced so much attachment to fictional characters and never cry during movies. I hope I manage to distract myself till next week. 

• Like 9
43 minutes ago, Rilabear said:

However, out of nowhere Jun decides he wants to major in Math AND go to Stanford just like his friend.

Jun already want to major in Math when he decide to start study again after make up with Rara(episode 12). His tutor tell his mother about this. And I thought he always love math (he brought his book math with him on runaway with pictures of him and Ji Hoon in it, he even want Mimi to do factorization). He never want to major in med to begin with, that's what his parent want since they want him to take over his family Foundation in the future.

• Like 6

i don't think jun is sick but his father play the part in jun decision....as we can see jun just send his friend to airport as the tough guy said the girl only came back to korea for visa problem.

jun also go to see his father in hospital, so i can said all of this happen because of his father, even jun's mom look sad when she see jun cried in the room....

p/s: we did not get many scene between rara n jun....hope writer would compensate us next week.

• Like 5

It's true that Jun's not afraid to go against his parents, but I think that with the help of Rara, he's finally realized how important his future is. He needs to study and go to university, and his dad is the only one who can help him with that financially. 

• Like 4
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, 도도솔솔라라솔