[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

Joo Ji Hoon Risks His Life As Jun Ji Hyun’s Partner In Upcoming Drama “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 1, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” has shared a new glimpse of Joo Ji Hoon in his starring role!

“Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama will follow the story that unfolds as the two rangers begin to uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

The drama will be penned by Kim Eun Hee, the writer of many famous dramas including “Signal,” “Ghost,” and “Kingdom”—in which both Joo Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun appeared—and helmed by Lee Eung Bok, the director behind the hit dramas “Goblin,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Mr. Sunshine,” and more.

On October 1, the highly-anticipated drama released new stills of Joo Ji Hoon in character as the daring Kang Hyun Jo. A former army officer who graduated from military academy, Kang Hyun Jo seems to be right at home in the wilderness. Even as he scales dangerous heights, the rookie ranger looks composed and steady as he keeps his eyes on the rocks below his feet. However, the photos raise the question of what Kang Hyun Jo is searching for that requires him to climb such a dangerous route.

Joo-Ji-Hoon.jpeg

Joo-Ji-Hoon-3.jpeg

Meanwhile, another photo captures Kang Hyun Jo at the summit of Jirisan, the second-highest mountain in South Korea.

The producers of “Jirisan” commented, “Kang Hyun Jo is a charming character who couldn’t be pulled off if it weren’t Joo Ji Hoon playing him. Please look forward to Joo Ji Hoon’s powerful, three-dimensional performance, which is not defined by any one side.”

“Jirisan” premieres on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491279wpp/joo-ji-hoon-risks-his-life-as-jun-ji-hyuns-partner-in-upcoming-drama-jirisan

• Like 3

BTS’s Jin To Sing Main Theme Song For Jun Ji Hyun & Joo Ji Hoon’s New Drama “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 1, 2021
by E. Cha

BTS’s Jin will be lending his voice to the soundtrack of Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon’s upcoming drama “Jirisan”!

On October 1, “Jirisan” production company AStory officially announced that Jin would be singing the main theme song for the highly-anticipated drama.

Astory stated, “BTS’s Jin’s song for the ‘Jirisan’ OST will be the main theme song for ‘Jirisan,’ and you will be able to hear it starting from midway through the drama. We will announce the release date [for the song] at a separate time.”

“Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama, which is penned by “Kingdom” writer Kim Eun Hee and helmed by “Goblin” director Lee Eung Bok, will follow the two rangers as they investigate the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

“Jirisan” premieres on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out a latest teaser for the drama here!

Are you excited to hear what Jin has in store for the “Jirisan” OST?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491293wpp/btss-jin-to-sing-main-theme-song-for-jun-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoons-new-drama-jirisan

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 K-Drama Premieres To Look Forward To In October

Oct 4, 2021
by D. Kim

Ready for some more K-dramas to add to your watchlist?

Here’s what’s coming in October:

Jirisan

jirisan.jpg

Cast: Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, Jo Han Chul, Joo Min Kyung, Go Min Si, Kim Young Ok, Jeon Suk Ho, Lee Ga Sub, Joo Jin Mo, Kim Gook Hee, Han Dong Ho, Yoon Ji On, Kim Doyeon (Weki Meki), etc.

Premiere Date: October 23

Broadcast Details: Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST on tvN

“Jirisan” stars Jun Ji Hyun as Mount Jiri’s top ranger Seo Yi Kang and Joo Ji Hoon as the rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who is also hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the incidents that occur at the national park when the two begin to dig up the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain. They are both rangers who protect the mountain and rescue lost climbers, but digging deeper reveals two individuals with very different intentions. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491626wpp/10-k-drama-premieres-to-look-forward-to-in-october

Character posters

Jirisan', Jeon Ji-hyeon and Joo Ji-hoon's character poster revealed... meaningful eyes

PS21100500029.jpg

tvN’s 15th anniversary special project ‘Mt. Jirisan’ catches the eye with a character poster with the meaningful eyes of Jun Ji-hyun and Ju Ji-hoon.

tvN's 15th anniversary special project 'Jirisan' (played by Kim Eun-hee / directed by Lee Eung-bok / produced by A-Story, Studio Dragon, Baram Pictures), which is scheduled to be broadcasted for the first time on October 23 (Sat), is a genre masterpiece writer Kim Eun-hee and director Lee Eung-bok The director and Jeon Ji-hyeon (Seo Yi-Gang) and Ju Ji-Hoon (Kang Hyeon-Jo) meet two actors.

The first drama set in Mt. Jirisan and the fresh material of a national park ranger who protects mountains and people, is making people more curious about the story the two main characters will draw through the character poster while interest is high.

First of all, Seo Yi-gang (Jun Ji-hyun) is the best ranger in Jirisan National Park, who instinctively knows how to climb a mountain and can pinpoint the place of distress with just a leaf of grass on her backpack. In her poster, such a woman is wearing an extinguishing suit and a smoke mask for her wildfire extinguishing, and hastily exhaling her breath, suggesting an unusual event.

In particular, she leaves the earnest words, “Someone is sending me a signal on that mountain...”, which doubles the mystery of what the signal really is and how it has to do with the mysterious accidents that happen on the mountain.

Another poster shows Kang Hyeon-jo entering the Jirisan Haedong branch where Seo Yi-gang is located as a new ranger. He said, "I'm sure he's alive," and it's even more meaningful as he's convinced that he's seen someone's survival in crisis. We are curious about what Kang Hyeon-jo, who said he has a secret that he cannot tell anyone, is hiding and knows, and his story in his eyes with a faint sadness. There is a lot of anticipation for the mystery that the two rangers who will meet as partners will face each other on Mt. Jirisan, where countless people go up and down with their own stories.

(Google translate)

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01154566629209968&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 2

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Put Their Lives On The Line To Rescue Others In New Posters For “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 5, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” has unveiled new character posters of its two leads!

“Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama will follow the story that unfolds as the two rangers begin to uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

The drama will be penned by Kim Eun Hee, the writer of many famous dramas including “Signal,” “Ghost,” and “Kingdom”—in which both Joo Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun appeared—and helmed by Lee Eung Bok, the director behind the hit dramas “Goblin,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Mr. Sunshine,” and more.

Jun Ji Hyun’s suspenseful poster captures veteran ranger Seo Yi Kang in a dangerous situation. Dressed in a firefighter suit for battling forest fires, Seo Yi Kang appears to be breathing heavily as she faces an emergency head-on.

The poster’s caption intriguingly reads, “Someone is sending me a signal from the top of that mountain…”

Jun-Ji-Hyun.jpeg

Meanwhile, Joo Ji Hoon’s poster features the determined Kang Hyun Jo lost in thought as the caption reads, “That person is alive, I’m sure of it.”

The mysterious caption raises the question of how the rookie ranger can be so certain of the unnamed person’s survival—and what exactly Kang Hyun Jo is hiding behind his slightly sorrowful gaze

Joo-Ji-Hoon.jpeg

“Jirisan” premieres on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491979wpp/jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-put-their-lives-on-the-line-to-rescue-others-in-new-posters-for-jirisan

• Like 2

Still cuts from tvN drama Jirisan

Jirisan' Sung Dong-il, Oh Jeong-se, and Jo Han-cheol, veteran rangers appear "Please look forward to teamwork"

cf9b2722840a907d1cae10deaec5e250.jpg

In Jirisan National Park Haedong Branch, to which the rangers belong, there are other key characters including Seo Yi-gang and Kang Hyeon-jo. It is the branch manager Dae-jin Jo (played by Seong Dong-il), and Goo-young (played by Oh Jeong-se) and Il-hae Park (played by Han-cheol Jo), who are Seo Yi-gang's classmates.

First of all, Dae-Jin Cho feels heavy as a 'Mt. Jirisan' who spent half his life in Mt. Jirisan. In the general situation room where you can check real-time weather information and CCTV installed in various places, he is equipped with a seasoned charisma while holding a radio and giving instructions. Therefore, the charismatic commander who will lead his juniors with a strong sense of duty to protect mountains and people is awaited.

On the other hand, during the mountain search, Gu-Young Jung is caught looking down the hiking trail and is embarrassed and bursts into laughter.

as the owner of a natural good heart, his legs are already ready to go and automatically rise, and I am curious about his pleasant human beauty, which inevitably makes his lips twitch.

Park Il-hae is the only person among his classmates who passed the promotion test and became a team leader. Perhaps because of his pride, a bright smile spreads across his face. In addition, he is united with honesty and sincerity, he often clashes with Jeong Gu-young, who is an easygoing person. Even in the photo, the atmosphere of the pole and the pole can be seen, foretelling the two people's quarrelsome combination already.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202110069330k

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Joo Ji Hoon Praises Jun Ji Hyun + Talks About Their Chemistry In “Jirisan”

Oct 8, 2021

by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” has shared a new glimpse of the chemistry between its leads!

On October 8, the upcoming drama released a new sneak peek of Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon making eye contact in character. Even in a photo, the chemistry between the two leads is undeniable, and the characters’ realistic bickering will add a fun layer to the suspenseful story.

According to the drama’s producers, the two actors also displayed great teamwork during filming, and Joo Ji Hoon personally expressed confidence in their chemistry as he heaped praise on his co-star.

“As you can see in the videos that have already been released, Jun Ji Hyun has great energy,” said Joo Ji Hoon. “Even in situations that could be physically exhausting, she cheerfully led the atmosphere in a positive direction, and thanks to her, both the atmosphere on set and our chemistry were really great.”

Jun-Ji-Hyun-Joo-Ji-Hoon.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492452wpp/joo-ji-hoon-praises-jun-ji-hyun-talks-about-their-chemistry-in-jirisan

• Like 1

Writer Kim Eun Hee Reveals How She Came Up With The Idea For “Jirisan” And Why She Cast Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 9, 2021
by C. Hong

Screenwriter Kim Eun Hee, the writer behind hit dramas like “Signal” and Netflix’s “Kingdom” series, recently gave an interview about her upcoming tvN drama “Jirisan.”

“Jirisan” stars Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon as rangers at Mount Jiri National Park, who uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurs on the mountain.

Kim Eun Hee said, “I started thinking about the basic idea of ‘Jirisan’ several years ago. I started the planning process two years ago when I was personally going through a tough time. After doing a lot of projects with murder, I wanted to try something healing. I decided to set the drama on Mount Jiri with mountains and trees and nature, about rangers who save people’s lives.”

Asked why she chose national park rangers as her main characters, she said, “When I first thought about what would happen if there was a disaster on a mountain, I vaguely thought that you would call 119 [911] like in the city. But when I did some research, I found that when something happens on a mountain, national park rangers who know the topography and characteristics of the mountain really well become the mainstays of the search party. That’s how ‘rangers’ naturally became the main characters of my story.”

Kim Eun Hee also shared why she picked Mount Jiri of all mountains as her setting. “I liked the idea of a real mountain trek,” she said. “It’s not the kind of mountain you can climb in a day. You have to spend two or three days, three or four nights, carrying heavy luggage and walking until you can see the end. Rather than a mountain you climb for leisure, I thought that Mount Jiri represented a mountain you climb for endurance. It’s a mountain where you go when you’re seeking answers to something.”

She added, “Mount Jiri has a long history and there are a lot of incidents that happened there. I imagined that the people who climb such a broad and steep mountain must have a lot of diverse thoughts. There might be people who climb it thinking of death, and those who climb it hoping it for life, and those who are searching for answers in life. I wanted to tell the stories of people from various backgrounds and living diverse lives.”

About casting Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon, who both worked with Kim Eun Hee on “Kingdom,” said, “Before they were cast, I asked them casually if they liked the mountains and mountain climbing. I heard that Jun Ji Hyun used to race up and down Mount Cheonggye in the past, so I thought that she would be an actress that’s quite fitted for the mountains. I also heard while working with Joo Ji Hoon in the past that he often hikes up a mountain when he has spare time, so I felt that he probably didn’t hate the mountains. I’m grateful that both of them agreed so readily to the casting offers.”

She concluded, “I hope that the drama is a fun one that doesn’t bore people. In these frustrating times, I hope that people can feel a little bit refreshed through the beautiful scenery of Mount Jiri.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492674wpp/writer-kim-eun-hee-reveals-how-she-came-up-with-the-idea-for-jirisan-and-why-she-cast-jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Put Their Lives On The Line In Action-Packed “Jirisan” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 13, 2021
by D. Kim

A new teaser has been released for “Jirisan”!

The upcoming mystery drama stars Jun Ji Hyun as Mount Jiri’s top ranger Seo Yi Kang and Joo Ji Hoon as the rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who is also hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the incidents that occur at the national park when the two begin to dig up the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

The story teaser revealed on October 12 shows the park rangers fighting through urgent situations.

Although Mount Jiri appears peaceful at first, the sound of a siren brings panic to the rangers’ faces. Seo Yi Kang firmly states, “If they are alive, we have to go find them right now.” The rangers struggle their way through violent waters and falling boulders, showing their sense of duty to get the job done.

The teaser ends with the narration, “Nobody knows what will happen on this mountain,” drawing curiosity about the mysteries of Mount Jiri.

“Jirisan” is set to premiere on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will air every Saturday and Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493226wpp/watch-jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-put-their-lives-on-the-line-in-action-packed-jirisan-teaser

“Jirisan” Explains The Organization Of The Rangers In The Drama + Relationships Between Characters

Oct 13, 2021
by C. Hong

As “mountain rangers” is a new topic for a drama, tvN’s “Jirisan” shared a chart that explains the organization of the rangers at Mount Jiri National Park, as well as the relationships between characters.

Written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), “Jirisan” is an upcoming mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun Jo, her rookie partner who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the rangers at the national park as they uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident on the mountain.

The relationship chart begins by outlining how Mount Jiri National Park is managed. At the top are Headquarters, followed by the Mount Jiri National Park Jeonbuk Office. The Jeonbuk Office is split into two divisions: the Haedong Branch Office and the Bidam Shelter. The Haedong Branch Office is located at the bottom of the mountain and the Bidam Shelter is located at the top.

The Haedong Branch Office includes top ranger Seo Yi Kang (Jun Ji Hyun), rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo (Joo Ji Hoon), leader Jo Dae Jin (Sung Dong Il), and rangers Jung Goo Young (Oh Jung Se), Lee Yang Sun (Joo Min Kyung), and Lee Da Won (Go Min Si). Lee Da Won is also a rookie ranger who looks up to Seo Yi Kang as her role model. Lee Yang Sun is an administrative employee of the office rather than a ranger.

Seo Yi Kang joined the rangers at the same time as Jung Goo Young in the Haedong Branch Office and Park Il Hae (Jo Han Chul) at the Bidam Shelter. Park Il Hae is the team leader of the Bidam Shelter, which is a refuge for visitors who encounter an emergency while on the mountain. As a result, the three of them have a special colleague relationship.

Other employees at the Jeonbuk Office include Chief Kim Gye Hee (Joo Jin Mo); Kim Sol (Lee Ga Seob), who works on behalf of environment conservation and knows everything about Mount Jiri’s history, culture, and literature; and Yoon Soo Jin (Kim Guk Hee), a researcher at the Ecological Restoration Center, who is described as a “walking encyclopedia.”

Key characters in “Jirisan” include the residents of Haedong Village, who live with Mount Jiri as a constant backdrop in their lives. Lee Moon Ok (Kim Young Ok) is an important elder in the village and operates a restaurant near the mountain. She lost her son and daughter-in-law to an accident 20 years ago, and so raised her granddaughter, Seo Yi Kang, herself.

Kim Woong Soon (Jeon Suk Ho) and Constable Park (Han Dong Ho) are police officers at Haedong Police Station. Kim Woong Soon is a know-it-all who has a deep love for his hometown and Mount Jiri. Constable Park is a newcomer to the police force and is always nervous that something might happen on his watch.

jirisan-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493220wpp/jirisan-explains-the-organization-of-the-rangers-in-the-drama-relationships-between-characters

• Like 3

Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Talk About Visiting Mount Jiri, Working With “Kingdom” Writer Kim Eun Hee, And More

Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Talk About Visiting Mount Jiri, Working With “Kingdom” Writer Kim Eun Hee, And More

Oct 13, 2021
by C. Hong

On October 13, tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” held an online press conference with writer Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), cinematographer Choi Sang Mook, and cast members Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Oh Jung Se, and Jo Han Chul. Sung Dong Il also stars in the drama but was not present at the conference. Lee Eung Bok (“Descendants of the Sun,” “Sweet Home”) is the director.

jirisan1.jpeg

“Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, Mount Jiri’s top ranger, and Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Hyun Jo, her rookie partner who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows what happens at the national park when the two begin to uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident on the mountain.

Writer Kim Eun Hee said, “I’d never gone to Mount Jiri before I wrote ‘Jirisan,’ so I had a vague longing for it. I think that Mount Jiri is a space that people seek out of a cherished dream or longing. It’s a land that has been layered with people’s desire and sorrow, so I thought that many mysterious or fantastic or inexplicable things could happen there.”

She continued, “If an accident happens in the city, then you call emergency services. If an accident happens on the mountain, then they send the rangers, who know the mountain better than anyone else. Rangers are people who rescue people. That made a big impression me.”

Jun Ji Hyun, who worked with Kim Eun Hee in “Kingdom: Ashin of the North,” said, “I like that Kim Eun Hee’s script is so detailed. A scene might seem completely ordinary, but is actually a key part of the overall storyline. As time passes, those stand out more clearly, and makes me think, ‘This is Kim Eun Hee.'”

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/13073348/jun-ji-hyun-jirisan.jpeg

Joo Ji Hoon, who worked with Kim Eun Hee on the “Kingdom” series, said, “It’s been about five years since I started working with Kim Eun Hee. At this point, it feels like she’s an aunt that I see during the holidays. Kim Eun Hee’s scripts have a lot of detail and you can’t read them carelessly. If you don’t read it properly, you can’t move on to the next part. She has a knack for writing difficult scenes in a comfortable way, which makes it fun for the viewers, but there are a lot of scenes when you’re straddling the border between two emotions as an actor. It feels like she’s always teaching me something new.”

Spoiler

joo-ji-hoon-jirisan.jpeg

Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon met during Jun Ji Hyun’s brief appearance at the end of the second season of “Kingdom.” Jun Ji Hyun said, “Since we’d worked together before, our chemistry this time was good.” Joo Ji Hoon added, “I’ve been a fan of Jun Ji Hyun since I was young. I was fascinated on our first meeting. But when we met, she treated me so comfortably, and even though she must have had a tough time on set, she would throw her whole body into her acting.”

Jun Ji Hyun said, “I like mountains a lot. Rather than climbing difficult mountains, I like to enjoy nature and go on courses that are light treks. I went to Mount Jiri for the first time for this drama and I realized what it was like to feel small in front of the vastness of nature.” She added, “The physical part of filming wasn’t too difficult. We had gear and everything, so we just flew around.”

Jo Han Chul, who has appeared in several tvN weekend dramas in 2021, such as “Vincenzo,” “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” and now “Jirisan,” said, “It wasn’t my intention, but I’m grateful and honored to have appeared in three tvN projects this year. Standing in front of Mount Jiri is like standing in front of the ocean. I’ve gone to Mount Jiri serval times, but it really makes you feel small. Whether it’s the ocean or the mountain, it makes you realize that you’re just a guest in this world. You think philosophical thoughts like, the mountain will rule here before, during, and after our brief lifetimes.”

Spoiler

jo-han-chul-jirisan.jpeg

Oh Jung Se shared, “Jun Ji Hyun got so into character as Seo Yi Kang that for a scene where she hits me on the head and laughs, she started laughing even before she hit me. Normally you’d ask for a retake, but she just started laughing. It was kind of amazing.”

Spoiler

oh-jung-se-jirisan.jpeg

Jun Ji Hyun’s character, Seo Yi Kang, is the same age as Jo Han Chul and Oh Jung Se’s characters. In reality, Jo Han Chul and Oh Jung Se are several years older than Jun Ji Hyun. The actress said, “I hope there are no misunderstandings. They’re older than me. They’re like uncles to me, but we’re the same age in the drama. I asked Kim Eun Hee if I could speak so informally to my uncles and I had a hard time. I want to take this chance to apologize to them.”

jo-han-chul-jun-ji-hyun-oh-jung-se-joo-j

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493300wpp/jun-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon-and-more-talk-about-visiting-mount-jiri-working-with-kingdom-writer-kim-eun-hee-and-more

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2