[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Uncover Dark Secrets In Teaser For Upcoming Drama “Cliffhanger”

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Uncover Dark Secrets In Teaser For Upcoming Drama “Cliffhanger”

Sep 20, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Cliffhanger” has shared a new glimpse of the drama!

The mystery drama stars Jun Ji Hyun as Mount Jiri’s top ranger Seo Yi Kang and Joo Ji Hoon as rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who hides an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the happenings that unfold at the national park when the two begin to dig up the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred in the mountain.

The teaser shows Seo Yi Kang spreading out her arms and yelling, “It’s a mess!” The top ranger declares, “I hate mountains!” On the other hand, Kang Hyun Jo states, “Who are we? We’re Mount Jiri’s needle and thread.” Seo Yi Kang gets into a chaotic fight with someone, and Kang Hyun Jo attempts to stop her.

The comedy stops there as the two face a disastrous secret at Mount Jiri. Clips of bloody incidents hint that something horrific is happening in the mountains. Seo Yi Kang’s voiceover claims, “We weren’t the only ones in the mountain that day. Someone is killing people on that mountain.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489489wpp/watch-jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-uncover-dark-secrets-in-teaser-for-upcoming-drama-cliffhanger

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon’s New Drama “Jirisan” Unveils Eerie Poster

Sep 24, 2021

by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Jirisan” has revealed an intriguing new poster!

“Jirisan” is a new mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama will follow the story that unfolds as the two rangers begin to uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

The drama will be penned by Kim Eun Hee, the writer of many famous dramas including “Signal,” “Ghost,” and “Kingdom”—in which both Joo Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun appeared—and helmed by Lee Eung Bok, the director behind the hit dramas “Goblin,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Mr. Sunshine,” and more.

On September 24, the highly-anticipated drama released a chilling teaser poster featuring a mysterious hooded figure surrounded by fog. The figure stands alone in the shadows late at night, wearing a poncho emblazoned with the logo of the National Park Rangers.

Notably, the “R” in the logo is blocked by the poster’s caption, ominously transforming the word “RANGER” into “ANGER.”

Meanwhile, the caption eerily describes the mountain as “the place where the land meets the sky, the border between this world and the next.”

Jirisan.jpg

“Jirisan” premieres on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489928wpp/jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoons-new-drama-jirisan-unveils-eerie-poster

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

When the first teaser came out I thought that it'd be 100% a mystery/thriller drama, but now with this new trailer, we can see that there'll be light moments and queen Jun Ji Hyun will keep showing her comic side as usual. I'm excited to watch it!

• Like 2

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun Doesn’t Know What To Make Of Her New Ranger Partner Joo Ji Hoon In “Jirisan” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 26, 2021
by C. Hong

The upcoming drama “Jirisan” has unveiled a character teaser for Kang Hyun Jo!

Jirisan is a new mystery drama from tvN starring Jun Ji Hyun as Mount Jiri’s top ranger Seo Yi Kang, and Joo Ji Hoon as the rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who is also hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the incidents that occur at the national park when the two begin to dig up the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

In the new character teaser, Seo Yi Kang and Kang Hyun Jo are hiking up the mountain together when they grab each other’s hands. Seo Yi Kang asks, “What?”, and Kang Hyun Jo replies with a smooth smile, “What? Are we mobilizing together? Or did you help me up in case I was tired? Or is it… this?”, lifting up her hand in his in a semi-romantic gesture.

The other rangers ask each other in wonder, “Is that the new rookie? He looks bland”, and like Seo Yi Kang, aren’t sure what to make of the new recruit. Kang Hyun Jo throws himself wholeheartedly into the physical aspects of his job, running with gear and fiddling with the equipment. Seo Yi Kang replies, “He’s not bland. But he’s also not normal.”

The teaser soon takes a dark turn as a mysterious figure leaves a trail of chaos and blood on the mountain and the rangers attempt to stop them and figure out what’s going on.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1490360wpp/watch-jun-ji-hyun-doesnt-know-what-to-make-of-her-new-ranger-partner-joo-ji-hoon-in-jirisan-teaser

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

September 26 2021

Teaser trailer #3 for tvN drama “Jirisan”

Jirisan-mp01.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for tvN drama series “Jirisan” starring Gianna Jun & Ju Ji-Hoon. Above is a main poster for the upcoming drama series with captions that teases “The place that meets the sky. Boundary between this life and the afterlife.” The place in the poster refers to Jiri Mountain, where the drama series is set.

Jirsan first airs October 23, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Rangers work to save people at Jiri Mountain National Park.

Seo Yi-Gang (Gianna Jun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. She knows virtually everything about the area, including where to climb the mountain.

Kang Hyun-Jo (Ju Ji-Hoon) is a rookie ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. He graduated from the military academy and was once an army captain. He has a secret that he can’t tell anyone about.

These two people become partners and they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-tvn-drama-jirisan

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I am looking forward to this....but...ummmm...now that I see the supernatural aspect of the series, I am a bit hesitant. I get scared easily!!!!! 

I couldn't recognize the supernatural aspect watching the teasers, could you please tell me what is it? Sorry, I'm a slow person hehe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paolaadl said:

I couldn't recognize the supernatural aspect watching the teasers, could you please tell me what is it? Sorry, I'm a slow person hehe

I thought there were sort of ghosts in the trailer...or at least some spirits in the forest(?). Or is it just the ordinary garden variety murderer hanging around the forest?

Or maybe I just got spooked? Hehehe! Anyway, you all just post if there are those sor tof things and I'll steer clear of it when it airs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liddi said:

@paolaadl @ElleSor The character teaser does seem to indicate some supernatural elements at play e.g. "The boundary between this life and the afterlife", and Kang Hyunjo appearing to be the only one who could see the otherworldly incidents so I am keen to see how that plays out. 

Right? My gosh...goosebumps running across my arms now!

Hahahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, liddi said:

@paolaadl @ElleSor The character teaser does seem to indicate some supernatural elements at play e.g. "The boundary between this life and the afterlife", and Kang Hyunjo appearing to be the only one who could see the otherworldly incidents so I am keen to see how that plays out. 

Oooohh I see. Well, it looks interesting. It's nice to know that there'll be these kind of elements in the drama, I like them a lot.

• Like 1

Jeon Ji-hyun, drama comeback... Transformed into the best ranger in 'Mt. Jirisan'

RIPFXLETZ5AXHGTVOKLHRGAE54.jpg

Jeon Ji-hyun comes to Jirisan National Park as the best ranger. tvN's 15th anniversary special project 'Jirisan' (played by Kim Eun-hee/directed by Lee Eung-bok/produced by A Story, Studio Dragon, Baram Pictures), which is scheduled to be broadcasted for the first time on October 23 (Sat), will be with Seo Yi-gang (Jeon Ji-hyun), the best ranger in Jirisan National Park. It is a mystery drama depicting the story of a new ranger, Kang Hyun-jo (Ju Ji-hoon), who has a secret he can't tell, as he digs up a mysterious accident that takes place in the mountains.

In the published photos, the figure of Jeon Ji-hyeon (Lee Kang Seo), who is already integrated with the character, is captured and makes his heart beat. In the play, he perfectly transformed into Seoigang Station, a national park ranger who protects Mt. Jirisan and rescues the victims.

Seo igang, who has risen to the top of the peak of Mt. Jirisan, is searching the surroundings with a telescope. A backpack, climbing sticks, GPS for location tracking, walkie-talkies, and rescue climbing harnesses all around the body give us an idea of the daily life of rangers who do not know when and how a disaster might happen and the fierce daily life of the rangers who will run to prevent it.

In particular, Seo Yi-kang, who turned on the radio as if she had discovered something, turned into a serious look, stimulating the curiosity of what danger lurks at the end of that gaze and whether she will be able to stop it.

In another photo, the breathtaking scene in which Seo Yi-gang is carrying out rescue activities despite the darkness and pouring heavy rain, and climbing only relying on the light of a lantern makes the heart flutter. Also, she is so hot when it comes to rescuing her survivors, that the way she looks at the mountain itself is cynical, and the story is also curious.

What kind of density and control of strength and weakness will be expressed by actress Jeon Ji-hyun in these colorful aspects of Seo Yi-gang, and her transformation is expected.

https://www.chosun.com/culture-life/culture_general/2021/09/29/UU6RPS22ANEFDDGLCYLKDGA6XE/

Jun Ji Hyun Transforms Into A Top Ranger Who Doesn’t Let Anything Get In Her Way For New Drama “Jirisan”

Jun Ji Hyun Transforms Into A Top Ranger Who Doesn’t Let Anything Get In Her Way For New Drama “Jirisan”

Sep 29, 2021
by L. Kim

Upcoming tvN drama has unveiled new stills of Jun Ji Hyun in character!

Jirisan” is a new mystery drama from tvN starring Jun Ji Hyun as Mount Jiri’s top ranger Seo Yi Kang, and Joo Ji Hoon as the rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who is also hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the incidents that occur at the national park when the two begin to dig up the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

In the new stills, Jun Ji Hyun flawlessly captures Seo Yi Kang’s professional side. She is standing at the peak of Mount Jiri and examining the area through her binoculars. She has all kinds of gear with her, including a backpack, trekking poles, GPS, walkie-talkie, and harnesses, and it shows that she’s prepared for any situation that comes her way. Seo Yi Kang spots something and grows serious, which piques curiosity about what kind of danger lurks in the mountain.

jun-ji-hyun-3.jpg

More photos show Seo Yi Kang carrying out rescue activities despite the darkness and pouring rain. The only source of light she can depend on is her headlamp. Despite the harsh weather and dangerous conditions, she is unstoppable when it comes to her job.jun-ji-hyun-4.jpg

Spoiler

jun-ji-hyun-2.jpg

The drama’s producers stated, “Please look forward to Jun Ji Hyun’s unrivaled presence on the vast stage of Mount Jiri.”

“Jirisan” is written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” Netflix’s “Kingdom”) and directed by Lee Eung Bok (“Goblin,” “Descendants of the Sun“). It premieres on October 23 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1490935wpp/jun-ji-hyun-transforms-into-a-top-ranger-who-doesnt-let-anything-get-in-her-way-for-new-drama-jirisan

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2021 at 2:36 PM, Yinye said:

Oh I haven’t watched any trailers to be surprised so I am looking forward to what they go for. Just a bid sad it isn’t on Netflix.

I'm honestly a little surprised Netflix hasn't picked this up given there multi-year deal with Studio Dragon who're developing this. 

• Like 1

New poster

Jirisan' Jun Ji-hyeon VS Ju Ji-hoon, extreme temperature difference... Main poster released

image_readtop_2021_928747_16329615994799

The main poster of tvN's 15th anniversary special project 'Mt. Jirisan' has been released.

In tvN's 15th anniversary special project 'Mt. Jirisan' (played by Eun-hee Kim / directed by Eung-bok Lee / produced by A-story, Studio Dragon, Baram Pictures), Jun Ji-hyun (Seo Yi-gang) and Ju Ji-hoon (Kang Hyeon-jo), who can't go down, are opposites.

In the play, Seo Yi-gang (Jeon Ji-hyun) and Kang Hyeon-jo (Ju Ji-hoon) are national park rangers who protect Mt. The two, who will become partners and face the mysterious things that happen in Mt. Jiri, are placed in opposite temperature differences in the main poster, arousing curiosity.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/09/928747/

• Like 2

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Embark On A Chilling Journey In Poster For New Drama “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Drama Preview
Sep 30, 2021
by M. Kang

tvN has released the official main poster for its upcoming mystery drama “Jirisan”!

“Jirisan” stars Jun Ji Hyun as Mount Jiri’s top ranger Seo Yi Kang and Joo Ji Hoon as the rookie ranger Kang Hyun Jo, who is also hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the incidents that occur at the national park when the two begin to dig up the truth behind a mysterious accident that occurred on the mountain.

The poster captures the complicated dynamic between the two characters. On the surface, they carry many similarities. They are both rangers who protect the mountain and rescue lost climbers. But digging deeper reveals two individuals with very different intentions. The poster foreshadows how differently they will react to the events they face.

Seo Yi Kang is surrounded by fiery flames with a determined look on her face. On the other hand, Kang Hyun Jo finds himself in the midst of a wintery chill, and his downcast gaze gives way to a solemn expression.

Next to Seo Yi Kang is the phrase, “The place I could never return to after that day.” Next to Kang Hyun Jo is the phrase, “The place I could never escape after that day.”

jirisan-jeon-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon.jpg

What could have happened on “that day,” that placed these two rangers on complete opposite ends of the spectrum?

Find out in “Jirisan,” which will premiere October 23 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1491082wpp/jun-ji-hyun-and-joo-ji-hoon-embark-on-a-chilling-journey-in-poster-for-new-drama-jirisan

• Like 2