[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

3 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

LOL. Level of shipping is comparable to Korean drama shipping.

Whatever it may be, I only know that I enjoy watching them together.

Hopefully Season 2 will go ahead.

I can't feverishly ship a couple because I am not good at investigating anything. I can't sit and analyze a whole lot. I take things at face value and either it's cute or ugly lol. I find it fascinating though as I have been in and out of a few shipping threads. It's actually amazing...all these detective works that can put some seasoned FBI agents to shame. 

Also, my track record of shipping basically drown on arrival so that's that. I take the stress out of it and simply enjoy the couples for whatever it's worth. I am at the age where I don't fuss about celebrities dating life. They have a life outside of the business and they deserve to live it. And if a couple decided to get together and date whomever they love. I'm here hoping they last :)

• LOL 1

I feel this thread is very active!

Thanks to the contributors who help us who are struggling with the Chinese language.

I can understand bits and pieces but it's great to understand everything.

Because of my struggles, I have to wait for subs for the final episodes.

SIGH.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Ming said:

I’ve finished watching the whole episodes and rewatched countless times. I can’t shake this drama off my mind. Something feels so empty after its ended. I’m not a fan of Chinese drama much and I very very rarely watch as I think many of them are not entertaining and some are even so complicated to weird. If not that, then the actors acted like the most good looking person in the world and he/she knew it (poor acting, only rely on good look). I came to know ROTAR as my sister kept saying about this girl rising in popularity in China and her name is Zhao Lu Si and this drama just came out.  I told her that she knew I’m not a fan of cdrama as it’s too serious and complicated to the extend of weird. I’ve found myself having headache watching. Since she kept mentioning it, out of curiosity, I gave it a try. And voila! I’m hooked lol lol lol

Lusi is so overly dramatic it's addicting lol. I like the way she spins and falls. It's so naturally done that's why Han Shuo easily believes her hahaha. I think she's at the level of cuteness without cringe as Wan Peng. She was good in my girlfriend is an Alien and I kept thinking this kind of cute is rare then here is Lusi proving me wrong :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I feel this thread is very active!

Thanks to the contributors who help us who are struggling with the Chinese language.

I can understand bits and pieces but it's great to understand everything.

Because of my struggles, I have to wait for subs for the final episodes.

SIGH.

yes...

this thread is indeed very active i feel like the conversation is held in a round table and were all speaking at the same time....haha..

i also have to wait for the sub eps as well...

and while waiting....this forum gives me smiles ...

thank you to all for your hearful insights..

and the sharing of links are so wonderful...

Edited by mvrecci
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Went to check if the ranking for this show is still at number one (using sina.cn)

https://activity.sina.cn/general/ysjlpz?wm=3049_2035

it is !!! =)

for our favorite leads...

https://activity.sina.cn/general/zjqlyy?wm=3049_2041

this link shows Lusi and Yuxi at top 2 positions for influencing actors ( i am not sure my translation is correct)

power !!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

unfortunately I’m unable to vote as it looks like it needs an account to be created and I don’t understand a single word on the page (illiterate). The drama and ZLS deserved the top spot. 

• Like 3

Finally have time to read everything & post!

Thank you so much @Adidaem & @arcchidus for your translation & summary! I'm so glad Yuxi did this live. I actually think this is the best approach; just connect with your fans and express your sincere thoughts on TROTAR (and yes avoiding mentioning IL). Anything his agency put out would still stir up controversy. 

I feel like we're witnessing such a special moment right now: the birth of two new superstars, Ding Yuxi and Zhao Lusi! Zhao Lusi reminds me a lot of Zhao Liying: both naturally adorable, relatable with a girl next door image, solid actress with great comedic timing and great dramatic chops (Lusi could grow more in this area, but I believe she can do it!). Ding Yuxi is also a bit green, but he's so expressive, and has such charisma, you can't help but watch him. 10 years from now, we will look back at this cute little drama as the one that starts them down the path of stardom and healthy long careers!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

I feel like this could be in response to the controversy... daily “Easter egg” releases announced by the official drama Weibo:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4513839397927768

It’s as fans said, Goose Father is finally counter attacking.

We will get the two leads singing the OP together in a few days!!!

We will get answers as to whether HS and actor is the same guy! 

We are still getting a separate mini epilogue today!!

There will be new content daily for 7 days!! We will get a second fan meet!! So glad Goose Father is rich. 

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

There will be new content daily for 7 days!! We will get a second fan meet!! So glad Goose Father is rich. 

Hey I’m also reading that this controversy is reducing the chances of a second season. Is there any new info re second season? 

As you said earlier, no one expected this drama to be such a hit so I do appreciate that the team put the extras together in such a short time. No wonder DYX has been working till midnight etc. Have to promote/do extra work for two drama some more. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Hey I’m also reading that this controversy is reducing the chances of a second season. Is there any new info re second season? 

As you said earlier, no one expected this drama to be such a hit so I do appreciate that the team put the extras together in such a short time. No wonder DYX has been working till midnight etc. Have to promote/do extra work for two drama some more. 

Here’s my take as a person working in the business world. 

There is no such thing as bad publicity unless it’s something that would get you cancelled. This controversy literally kept YX and LS trending even after the show had finished showing to some extent. The controversy itself is actually very silly and naturally logical people would come forward and defend both YX and LS in this since they are unjustly getting picked on.

If you think about it this little controversy literally kept fans voting and talking about the show and made people who may not know about the show before watch the show out of curiosity. 

On top of this you have Tencent clearly signaling their support by actually putting out Easter Eggs in short notice. 

So do I really think this will negatively impact season 2 chances? No! As long as ppl keep watching the show and viewership on Tencent goes up we are set for another season. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

To reduce the chance of a season 2 because of a little controversy is silly. The business side of it loves some sort of controversy though. Besides, I think it backfired because now it got more people's attention...not only did it helped Ryan ( those that think it's childish) but it also helped the drama by people wanting to know what's the big deal? So, they turned viewers in that perhaps isn't interested before. Ryan is gaining experience from this and the drama is still being talked about. It's a win-win. Anyhow, looking forward to all the goodies that's coming our way soon.

• Like 3

I really like this MV and song. The song played in the background whenever they’re separated or sad. Spoilers: it played in the sad climax in ep21 and also when QQ ran up the stairs in ep24. Make the whole effect on the scene. Great job. 

PS. ZLS played it so well in ep21. It’s so convincing that I thought it’s true and I had to fast forward to check if it didn’t end just there.  Otherwise I would have just stopped the rest of the episodes lol lol lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I agree, no way they would have gone ahead with the 2nd fanmeeting and all these extra goodies if they didn't think it was a good investment. Do I wish this on YX and LS? Nah. It's still stressful. Am I glad that this is the outcome we have (more publicity, more support)? Hell yeah!:lol:

Also I think the interview is out! (They recorded the day of the fanmeeting it seems).

• Like 4

I know Han Shuo is protective of his wife but after rewatching some episodes over he's very...very...protective of her. When they were at the mine and Bai Ji ran out Han Shuo pulled QQ to get behind him and told Bai Ji to step back and when he did he told him to back further. Even Bai Ji was like, what's this about lol all because Han Shuo didn't want him to sprinkle dust on QQ. If he's around no one is allowed to hurt her. Period. And he stressed that to her many times. 

In episode 8 towards the end when a few ladies were chasing after QQ to thank her but she thought they were going to hurt her. While she thanked them the look on Han Shuo's face, it was a proud moment, where he's in awe and just adore her. That look just melts your heart. And he's just sexy in black :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Thank you so much for keep updating the info of this drama for international fan like me.

I only know & understand few chinese words. Need to learn more because of my current addiction to cdramas:sweatingbullets:

I'm so happy with the goodies they prepared for the fans yay!

2 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Original wedding outfit hahahah 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4513834037884050

I really like that their wedding costumes is not the typical all red. 

I also like the white veil Yu Xi wear in drama more because it complement with their white costumes. 

And with only the half of his face being covered, he looks gorgeous in a mysterious way:wub:

uq3Xqm3.jpg

Credit to A Virtual Voyage

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2