[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

I finished this about 2 days ago and suffering from withdrawals. These days very rarely do I not skip episodes but holy crap, I didn’t skip anything at all. Loved it wholly from beginning to end. The plot itself wowed me. I get bored quite easily so this was so refreshing. 

• Like 9

Ok on the bright side, it’s a measure of his newfound popularity that such things are happening to him. If he was still some unknown actor then no one will bother. 

Fingers crossed that things blow over soon (and that the toxic CP fans will grow up omg). 

Is it an age thing? Maybe I’m just more motherly and as much as I like this cp, I really just wish that the entire cast and crew will do well/even better following this drama. :P Not just ZLS or DYX but also the actors playing Zirui, Pei Heng etc. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

From my understanding his controversy is between IL (intense love) CP fans and T&R fans. T&R fans was not happy when IL production team keep posting stuff about IL right before their fan meeting and after the fanmeeting IL fans started to trend on weibo that DYX was forced to act the way he did at the T&R fan meeting. That he was following a script in everything he did from staring at Lusi to him showing jealousy. Also, originally Lusi and Yuxi was supposed to sing Moonlight but because of the release of the mv he did with the other female lead his company had to reject the idea. T&R fans didn't care at first but IL fans start posting in T&R weibo group and so one of T&R fan decided to post the que sheet saying there's no script. Most of DYX heat is coming from passersby drama fans of T&R. So not really T&R fans just casual viewer saying he is playing both side and that the unwritten rule of entertainment is not promoting two shows at the same time since IL broadcast is over he should be focus on advertising T&R. It also didn't help that IL fans got delusional after his photoshoot with his female lead in Grazia. They started rumors saying he is dating her. When T&R got big because of his chemistry with Lusi and how comfortable he is with her and fans found out they are friends before shooting the drama since they have the same friend group. IL fans did not like that. MangoTv and IL production is using DYX popularity from T&R to promote his other drama. Reason why they did the MV and epilogue. However, those two content was agree upon a week after CQQ aired and no one predicted it will get this big. I believe DYX company thought IL will do better. 

So IL fans start attacking Lusi in one of DYX live stream calling her ugly and DYX defended Lusi in the live stream. T&R fans can careless about IL fans but because of them there's bad press saying IL fans and his female leads are getting bullied by T&R fans. Now fans are angry because it might affect their request for season 2 since it is determined by results and feedback. All the fans want the same casts. Not to mention the female lead from intense love mention stuff on their live stream that he didn't take part in that made IL fans assume things about them. So Ding Yuxi fans are angry at IL fans and the female actress. Since he is a rookie it's not good to get involve in that sense. Reason why Lusi is cautious around camera and with him publicly. 

However, T&R fans have been sending him message on weibo that they don't blame him and hope he doesn't believe the bad press. They hope he still play as Han shuo and continue to strive as an actor.

Thanks for the info...

Goodness, it's messy. They are trying to pull him down before he even have a chance to stand up straight. ROTAR is a hit because audience gravitate to it more, it's that simple. IL is successful in it's own way so they should be happy. Why cherry pick on the things that are out of Ryan's control. He seemed comfortable around Lusi more because I think their personality is compatible. They are like good friends that likes to laugh a lot together. I mean, it's not his fault that his dramas aired at the same time. When that happens one of the drama is likely to be a bit more popular than the other. That's the reality of it. 

Honestly, I understand why most of the celebrities play this hide and seek game with their relationships. When they leave behind just enough bread crumbs the shippers eat it up...but when they are open about their relationship they get bashed lol. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, grainsofrain said:

I finished this about 2 days ago and suffering from withdrawals. These days very rarely do I not skip episodes but holy crap, I didn’t skip anything at all. Loved it wholly from beginning to end. The plot itself wowed me. I get bored quite easily so this was so refreshing. 

Right? I haven't watched a cDrama I don't have to skip episodes for a very long time.

Even for CQL I skipped an episode or two, but the pacing for this show is so quick skipping is not really an option (haha)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Adidaem said:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4513456081102891

saw some pics of YX looking morose at the airport. And apparently also clenching his fists as his nails have been criticized. Is there any news/blog article on the current controversy that YX is in?

Unable to follow the Weibo discussions (my elementary chinese only goes so far thanks to years of being an inattentive student) so I think reading an article (which can be machine translated) is easier 

Really? What the heck!

Are some people really desperate for news now until they even care about his nails?

LMAO, this is so ridiculous!:blink:

I bet those peoples nails are not like contestants of the beauty pageants either:huh:

Btw, why did they cut out this cute forehead scene at the hospital in the final episode?

Even that I'm still not satisfied with the no kiss in the final episode, I thought it is a nice end touch for banana & orange in the modern world.

Its parallel with the revised ending of our Qian Qian & Han Shou that Xiao Qian wrote in her drama script in the end aish-_-

TLUZXkg.jpg

All credit to owner

• Like 4

I didn't skip any in this drama because I'm afraid I'll miss ZiRui's expressions. And of course, when he argues with Bai Ji...their arguments are so pointless sometimes but that's what so great about it hahhaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@enzek I felt the same way when I saw the picture and did not see it in the finale. I was also sad we didn’t get a reunion kiss but my boyfriend and I was analyzing it last night and he was like it’s interpreted that they kissed under the covers. The reason being is mr. Han hair was messy and afterwards he fixed Xiao Qian hair. I would like to quote Bai Ji during the ending of the fan meeting where the MC asks the cast to express their emotion about the finale. Bai Ji serious face: WHY ARE THE COVERS ON? I’m mad. lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Its on #4 weibo trending list. I think it might affect him. He is still relatively an unknown actor with no solid fandom to back him up. I don't think he was wrong to promote his other works but what can we say? The backlash is expected. Sadly, the entertainment world is controlled by company and fandom culture ... But ofc, the backlash would be less if the dramas weren't airing in the same time. 

He will just have to accept the reality of having delusional shippers for a while.....

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

Its on #4 weibo trending list. I think it might affect him. He is still relatively an unknown actor with no solid fandom to back him up. I don't think he was wrong to promote his other works but what can we say? The backlash is expected. Sadly, the entertainment world is controlled by company and fandom culture ... But ofc, the backlash would be less if the dramas weren't airing in the same time. 

He will just have to accept the reality of having delusional shippers for a while.....

yeah it might be hard for him in his next drama because female leads will be weary of being close to him. I feel bad for him but I also feel bad for T&R fandom. They been working hard to vote for the drama and now being known as bullies. 

• Like 4

Sad that it has come to this.

HS and QQ are the main lead characters in the drama but I have to say I honestly enjoyed all the characters. BaiBai and RuiRui FTW!

And the ones I detested were Lu Peng and YingYing.

I could even tolerate ChuChu.

I hope somehow Ryan realises he has a lot of fan support and just ignore the bashers.

I see XLS and him as being good friends who are comfortable in goofing around with each other and they are young!

Hopefully she has some advice for him too since she has been in more productions and definitely would have experienced all this chaos herself.

EDIT:

I have shipped before but it remains here and not intrude upon the actors/actresses own SNS accounts. I don't like tagging the actors and actresses which I see happening on Twitter and Instagram.

BUT I have seen really horrible shipping wars in Korean dramaland and I think it can be found in any dramaland.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pamela Amba said:

Can anyone interpret this video, am just sooo curious..Thanks.

This is the lines from the show. When HS made QQ debate with him about who she would side with if she has an argument with her mother in law. Scene ends with him saying, "don't worry, whoever I like, my mother likes too."

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

This is the lines from the show. When HS made QQ debate with him about who she would side with if she has an argument with her mother in law. Scene ends with him saying, "don't worry, whoever I like, my mother likes too."

ah okay, thank you.  I remember that scene..

21 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

Its on #4 weibo trending list. I think it might affect him

I think he will be fine. I went into the tag, lots of people are defending him saying he is just doing his job, and fans need to stop being so crazy.

I think some people are now feeling sorry for him. So this may turn to his favor in the end.

As controversy goes this is a vanilla controversy. If he can't survive this, there's no way he can survive the acting scene.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I think he will be fine. I went into the tag, lots of people are defending him saying he is just doing his job, and fans need to stop being so crazy.

I think some people are not feeling sorry for him. So this may turn to his favor in the end.

thanks for letting us know!

You meant people are *now* sorry for him right? I agree, this might turn out to be in his favor, since he clearly did nothing wrong and is suffering for it.

• Like 4

@insertusernamehere Yes, I meant "now".

Top comments - the ones that have 15k to 20k likes are all saying posting on weibo is part of YX's day job. That it's so sad that he is getting dissed just for doing what he's supposed to do. Also that he is a very hard working newbie.

General feel is -- "Let's support him" and "he was not in the wrong here"

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I think some people are now feeling sorry for him. So this may turn to his favor in the end.

As controversy goes this is a vanilla controversy. If he can't survive this, there's no way he can survive the acting scene.

This thread is fun to read. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

i feel like watching this drama is like watching a music video, honestly sometime i rewatch and i just look at other character reaction, and how they would respond to the situation. 

honestly even CC bodyguard (or servant) is doing a good job, 

every charcter would react how they would according to who they are, honestly its so entertaining.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

@arcchidus oh great :) good to know! I think I need to stay away from Twitter for a while because the fans there are very reactive to this controversy when it sounds like it is a "vanilla controversy" like you said, and seems to already be blown over.

But if this kind of toxic hate is vanilla I don't want to know what "chocolate" controversy is :sweatingbullets: I'm guessing something along the line of the YangZi-Kris Wu's The golden hairpin, to the point that YZ had to speak up. Yikes...

8 more hours till ep 19-20 on the English We TV app!

• Like 5