[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

17 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Re: jail - Chinese fans has a lot to say about that. Mainly 1) It was too short 2) Of all places, they chose the one place that doesn't have a door? 3) They had so many chances and they foregone those until they ended up in jail?!

all I can say about jail is that the prisoners were given a day off or they are closet exhibitionists. Either way, they are kinky. :joy:

• LOL 5

17 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

My jaw dropped when I saw that their first time was at the prison.

I was more worried about exposure. LOL.

I'd be worried about icky stuff or maybe the prison smell. But yeah anywhere is fine for them :phew::naughty:

• LOL 1

25 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

Unfortunately iqiyi is not compatible with my tablet.

Any suggestion where I can legally watch it?

It's on YouTube as well I believe. This drama was ok, I dropped it because I couldn't get behind the FL's brand of cute (nothing against her, just not my style. She's very popular so it works for many! She's in an idol competition right now and also very popular there, though some also feel like me, that's she's a bit cloying.)

This is why I find Lusi so impressive. How can she be so cute without cloying?? I find her very naturally adorable with charisma to boot!

Was looking at Yuxi's previous dramas and I think he's been exclusively playing the perfect boyfriend in all of them :lol: (except for New smiling wanderer). Han Shuo must have been a fun role for him, he has a little bit of a dark side even if all he indirectly killed was a horse. I hope he gets more complex roles in the future! His face is very versatile, can be both evil and sweet!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

It's on YouTube as well I believe. This drama was ok, I dropped it because I couldn't get behind the FL's brand of cute (nothing against her, just not my style. She's very popular so it works for many! She's in an idol competition right now and also very popular there, though some also feel like me, that's she's a bit cloying.)

This is why I find Lusi so impressive. How can she be so cute without cloying?? I find her very naturally adorable with charisma to boot!

Was looking at Yuxi's previous dramas and I think he's been exclusively playing the perfect boyfriend in all of them :lol: (except for New smiling wanderer). Han Shuo must have been a fun role for him, he has a little bit of a dark side even if all he indirectly killed was a horse. I hope he gets more complex roles in the future! His face is very versatile, can be both evil and sweet!

Thank you. I had better reinstalled a vpn then. Many things cant be watched without having one, i suppose. 

I think LS has a rare quality in which she can be funny, cheerful and cheeky without being annoying. Her role in LBTI is an exception.

I can picture YX playing darker, more macho role. I hate saying this, but he still looks a bit green to me. He might need to add some tone and muscle for more complex role. Shall he nailed it, it would be awesome, I think!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

59 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

Thank you. I had better reinstalled a vpn then. Many things cant be watched without having one, i suppose. 

I think LS has a rare quality in which she can be funny, cheerful and cheeky without being annoying. Her role in LBTI is an exception.

I can picture YX playing darker, more macho role. I hate saying this, but he still looks a bit green to me. He might need to add some tone and muscle for more complex role. Shall he nailed it, it would be awesome, I think!

Agree re Lusi! Good to know re: LBTI :sweat_smile: none of her previous dramas interested me :( I'm excited for her future projects though!

Agree also re YX. He's like Dylan Wang in that he's a bit green but is full of charisma!  I don't think darker means more macho, but I can see him playing cunning roles very well.

Vietsub for this drama caught up with all eps yesterday! I still can't bring myself to watch ep 18 but now that 19 is here, maybe I can ff through 18 to "fast forward this plot" like QQ did (by pretending to be drunk in an earlier ep lol). 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

Agree! Most actresses when they try to act cute in some scene I mostly cringe feel very turned off. For ZLS I’m just amused. 

12 hours ago, marinated_lemon said:

Was looking at Yuxi's previous dramas and I think he's been exclusively playing the perfect boyfriend in all of them 

That’s the path to popularity man. Clearly he has found his niche. 

He has nailed the indulgent doting look, both onscreen and off lol. 

12 hours ago, marinated_lemon said:

I hate saying this, but he still looks a bit green to me. He might need to add some tone and muscle for more complex role.

I hope he will age well and get better roles. And yes just a bit more weight, and muscles for hot scenes will be good ahem... Think he looks better when his cheeks are not so hollow... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, marinated_lemon said:

I completely agree with you on HS hair. I like his hair in modern era more, and even more: his hair on Intense Love. Hair stylists can make people look stunning and balanced like deity, and can also make people look clumsy, silly, deformed, awkward.

I am still trying to finish Love Better than Immortality right now, and one thing that really bothers me other than the main female character (ZLS) is the main female character's HAIR. Her hairstyle is unflattering and makes me wonder why oh why the main male characters fell head over heels for her, with such crappy behavior too (she betrayed them over and over and yet they kept chasing her).

The main male character (Li Hong Yi) is godly though.

I would suggest watching light dramas like The Eternal Love and Love by Hypnotic.

But my favorite would be Joy of Life, the Untamed, Handsome Siblings (I recommend this one because it is funny and doesnt require too much thinking and low on angst).

If you dont mind some angst, then TMOPB (Eternal Love) it is. I even enjoy its sequel (Eternal love of dream) especially after 5 eps.

But I would rather rewatch Handsome Siblings, Joy of Life and The Eternal Love, if you ask me.

I dont suggest Love and Destiny, not because it is bad...but because I cant stand the flat combed hair.

I dont suggest watching Love Better than Immortality unless to swoon over the main male lead. *still upset

i have not tried handsome siblings yet. I see it available on netflix ! yay. will certainly try this. i have watched the rest that you mentioned. My favorite is still TMOPB. Joy of life is funny and good too. Eternal love s1 and S2 - i like the male lead. he has another show You Are my Destiny on air soon . i think it's tomorrow. Hope it is good 

3 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

You should try to watch "I've Fallen for you" 24 ep. Nice love story and not mention it is funny..

I have not seen this too. will write it down ! thank you =) for your suggestions

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocat said:

all I can say about jail is that the prisoners were given a day off or they are closet exhibitionists. Either way, they are kinky. :joy:

Some of the Chinese fans said maybe HS was in a vip jail so there were less people lol

44 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

I hope he will age will and get better roles. And yes just a bit more weight, and muscles for hot scenes will be good ahem... Think he looks better when his cheeks are not so hollow... 

He mentioned in an interview that he wants to gain weight too. Said he sometimes forget to eat and that’s bad.

Oh and re voting - those are just popularity votes fans are allowed to vote once a day for an idol or show. Those votes mean very little lol. They just want to get the show to the top so that they can get some proper promotional material.

Cause usually with these cute shows the company would actually try to sell the coupling with live cute couple videos but I think because they didn’t really expect this show to go anywhere they didn’t bothered. 

But since it’s popular they might go back and do a shoot or two retroactively. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Some of the Chinese fans said maybe HS was in a vip jail so there were less people lol

He mentioned in an interview that he wants to gain weight too. Said he sometimes forget to eat and that’s bad.

Oh and re voting - those are just popularity votes fans are allowed to vote once a day for an idol or show. Those votes mean very little lol. They just want to get the show to the top so that they can get some proper promotional material.

Cause usually with these cute shows the company would actually try to sell the coupling with live cute couple videos but I think because they didn’t really expect this show to go anywhere they didn’t bothered. 

But since it’s popular they might go back and do a shoot or two retroactively. 

Vip jail! Haha ok that still doesn't take the ickiness factor out :cry:

He is very skinny, I can see why HS looks like he's wearing extra layers of costume to look more beefed up. If he bulks up a bit he will definitely gain more fans, not that I dislike his current image. To be honest I hate bulky guys and prefer normal ones like him :joy:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

I still can't bring myself to watch ep 18 but now that 19 is here, maybe I can ff through 18 to "fast forward this plot" like QQ did (by pretending to be drunk in an earlier ep lol). 

You and me both. I am currently watching ep 18 slowly, with caution. Lol :lol:

It is great to be able to ff scene. Hahaha. But with this drama, I managed to keep it to minimum. Perhaps because it is not as angsty as many other dramas, and there are sprinkles of funny scenes here and there.

On different note, if only we can ff this pandemic too. *sigh

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Good gosh. I finished it.

Not sure what to feel but am smiling like an idiot. it’s a wee bit short on the ending cos I am a HEA type but this is good enough. 

Spoiler

HS returned the same time QQ, looking more disoriented than she was. So Actor Han did indeed also fall into the plot. I wished they had explained more about how HS fell in. When/After he was hung on a rope earlier in the show? 

I was lol-ing  my way thru ep23 particularly. The developments were sometimes slapstick but totally hilarious.  

Spoiler

Shall not spoil ep23 too much but they borrowed a formidable character from history to park in the plot - very fitting for the story. 

Plot was silly but impressively cohesive - details were nicely tied up and presented. It pandered to the leads but also allowed supporting characters to shine.  Almost all key characters had a defined development arc that was satisfying to watch. It also balanced the angst and happy moments well...hmmm, maybe more jail time? Keke. But it was some good storytelling that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

the last time I liked a period cdrama was the one with ZLS and Li Hongyi - 春花秋月 Love better than Immortality. Gave A similar vibe and the same satisfaction. :wub: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, rocat said:

Good gosh. I finished it.

Not sure what to feel but am smiling like an idiot. it’s a wee bit short on the ending cos I am a HEA type but this is good enough. 

Hide contents

HS returned the same time QQ, looking more disoriented than she was. So Actor Han did indeed also fall into the plot. I wished they had explained more about how HS fell in. When/After he was hung on a rope earlier in the show? 

I was lol-ing  my way thru ep23 particularly. The developments were sometimes slapstick but totally hilarious.  

Hide contents

Shall not spoil ep23 too much but they borrowed a formidable character from history to park in the plot - very fitting for the story. 

Plot was silly but impressively cohesive - details were nicely tied up and presented. It pandered to the leads but also allowed supporting characters to shine.  Almost all key characters had a defined development arc that was satisfying to watch. It also balanced the angst and happy moments well...hmmm, maybe more jail time? Keke. But it was some good storytelling that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

the last time I liked a period cdrama was the one with ZLS and Li Hongyi - 春花秋月 Love better than Immortality. Gave A similar vibe and the same satisfaction. :wub: 

Spoiler

HMX the actor got into a car accident 2 nights prior, which explains why he got immersed into his character naturally and had no memories of the present time unlike Xiao Qian.

I love the plot, the sidekicks and side stories. They all blended in really well. Agree, would like more jail time but perhaps in better locations XD

I really fell for ZLS because of her acting, regardless in a funny or sad scene. And she's so cute I am eagerly waiting for her and DYX's (fell for his charm too) future projects.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Isrin said:

17 hours left before the fanmeeting :P

It seems the live meeting will be broadcasted tomorrow at 2 pm on the Tencent website, soo excited to see Lusi and her harem !! 

Tried to sign in with wechat, I hope it will work :sweatingbullets:

The link to the website if anyone is interested :D 

http://v.qq.com/live/p/topic/89204/preview.html#

Will there be a delayed telecast? I will be working and can't watch it live :bawling: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Isrin said:

17 hours left before the fanmeeting :P

It seems the live meeting will be broadcasted tomorrow at 2 pm on the Tencent website, soo excited to see Lusi and her harem !! 

Tried to sign in with wechat, I hope it will work :sweatingbullets:

The link to the website if anyone is interested :D 

http://v.qq.com/live/p/topic/89204/preview.html#

This fan meet is a last minute miracle.They probably just started planning it last week. Lol.

By all indication this show should have been one of those forgotten show that almost no one knows about. Tencent didn’t believe in it at all. The actor was an unknown. LS’s last show didn’t do that well. They didn’t announce the existence of this show until about a month before the show starts. There was almost no ads for this show. There’s a stupid 2 days a week release schedule with whole show being shown to paying viewer within 3 weeks.

In addition they didn’t give this show budget! This show is so cheaply made they actually reuse shots for different spot (eg the scene where CC became queen). Even Killing of Three Thousand Crows got higher budget you can tell cause they had bts specifically on quality of their costumes and special effects and stuff. This show got nothing!  

And yet it somehow became a top show. This is why I love it! It’s such an under dog!!

And yet now it’s popular enough for Tencent to give it a last minute fan meet even though they technically finished showing the show already. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, arcchidus said:

This fan meet is a last minute miracle.They probably just started planning it last week. Lol.

By all indication this show should have been one of those forgotten show that almost no one knows about. Tencent didn’t believe in it at all. The actor was an unknown. LS’s last show didn’t do that well. They didn’t announce the existence of this show until about a month before the show starts. There was almost no ads for this show. There’s a stupid 2 days a week release schedule with whole show being shown to paying viewer within 3 weeks.

In addition they didn’t give this show budget! This show is so cheaply made they actually reuse shots for different spot (eg the scene where CC became queen). Even Killing of Three Thousand Crows got higher budget you can tell cause they had bts specifically on quality of their costumes and special effects and stuff. This show got nothing!  

And yet it somehow became a top show. This is why I love it! It’s such an under dog!!

And yet now it’s popular enough for Tencent to give it a last minute fan meet even though they technically finished showing the show already. 

I know where you coming from. One time i ask a chinese blogger in Youtube who can speak fluent English about this drama and I got no reply, later I found out that this is just a webdrama and main leads are not so popular, so I thought its his waste of time if he will discuss about TROTR. But maybe I was wrong..

Edited by Pamela Amba
  • LOL 3

48 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Will there be a delayed telecast? I will be working and can't watch it live :bawling: 

Given the popularity of our drama and fruit basket, people will probably share clips of the fan meeting on weibo or bilibilli :P

I will try to keep you updated :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Lusi talked about season 2 saying she doesn’t know and it depends on the feedback and support. I am sure they are going to get questions about season 2 lol. Their weibo community is at like 6billion views it’s increasing everyday lol. I want to see a Q and A with the script writer because the script is well written 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1