Coronavirus / COVID-19

singlebilingual

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the availability of the vaccine, do you think it will be this year? Is it affordable? Vaccines are expensive to begin with... we may not be able to afford it. I'm worried ....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well, it is obviously real... and should be taken seriously. I  hate it that some people do not take it serious and make jokes about it.. This virus differs from other viruses by the fact that there's no vaccine yet, so even if someone already has cured from the virus, he can get infected again.. That's the saddest part. And that is why we have to wear masks and disinfect our hands, to try and stop the spread. As for me, I've ordered a whole pack of KN95 masks so I could carry with me at least two of them, just in case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lower said:

well, it is obviously real... and should be taken seriously.

Yes, it is.  As someone who has been ill for more than three months, I will tell you that CoVid is very serious indeed.

Wear the mask, people.  Just wear the mask.  It's not that hard to do.

And wash your hands.  Here's how:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

The situation in the US is quite worrying and, yet, people are still refusing to mask.  I don't understand that.  Global use of masks is essential.  It is much easier to avoid CoVid than it is to cure it.

7c53c1c0-d1ae-11ea-9dff-3d35f0a86010

• Like 1

I had to go to the dollar store yesterday to buy some household supplies.  I was very surprised and pleased to see signs stating that face coverings are now required in the store.  There were also signs requiring masks at the Post Office.  This also made me very glad. 

People in my small town have been quite careless about masking and grumpy about distancing.  Usually only about 10% of people have masked.  Yesterday, at least 90% of people I saw were masked.  It's about time!

.....editing to add a link to the Google Doodle for today because it's appropriate.

https://g.co/doodle/jx77kg7

• 1 month later...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/woodrow-wilsons-case-of-the-flu-and-how-pandemics-change-history

On the evening of April 3, 1919, in Paris, President Woodrow Wilson began to cough; he soon took to bed, feverish and unable to move. He had contracted what had become known as the Spanish flu, the President’s physician wrote confidentially to the White House, and it had made Wilson “violently sick.” By then, the influenza had rampaged around the world for more than a year and was on its way to killing at least twenty million people, including at least six hundred thousand Americans.

• 3 months later...

Hi! How are you doing? I hope you're healthy and doing well. I can't believe we are still in quarantine and sometimes things get worse. Although my friends are quietly planning vacations, I don't think anything scares them.

• 5 months later...