[Drama 2020] Record of Youth / The Moment, 청춘기록

DreamCatcher2011

2 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

I just hope, just like how good Hyejun described CJ in front of his brother is the same way the drama would handle it. A chingu here said this also. I mean, he didn't mean any harm to Hyejun. He just felt the magic spell of love. Turning back all their scenes from episode 1-10, there are no particular instances that he meant harm to Hyejun. The only one I remember is when he said "you will never make it here" after the last rejection. 

I agree. I also didn’t see any indication of Charlie Jung wanting to hurt Hye Jun. He has been helpful to Hye Jun even after he was rejected. He even gave bonus incentive for his final model work. I’m certain he knows about Hye Jun’s financial background and the part-time jobs he had to do to make ends meet. If anything, he’s only being human for having feelings for Hye Jun. 

The ones who are vindictive are Tae Soo and Jin Ju. Wasn’t it Tae Soo who started the rumor? It’s his area of expertise after all. He knows how to manipulate the media or internet to his client’s advantage. I hope Hae Hyo would start thinking about cutting ties with Park Do Ha and Tae Soo. People like them are like trash that even if you cover it, sooner or later, the smell would still come out. It’s not surprising that Park Do Ha career will slow down. For Hae Hyo, I think it might be a better idea if he joins Jjampong Min Jae instead. I’m still hopeful of their friendship being intact at the end.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

5 hours ago, kehrite said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out why JH slipped away after the awards show and hung out with HH instead of celebrating with her boyfriend. Shy about meeting his family? Feeling insecure in the wake of his fame? It felt strange to me that she'd rather spend time with another man who, at least from my perspective if I were in her shoes, is pretty clearly interested in her.

2 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

IKR. It's also a puzzle to me at first. I was also thinking "why in the world a gf with a personality like her would be so shy to congratulate the newly awarded bf. "

But, I came to realize that she just wanted HJ and his family to have that precious moment since after  Hyejun returned from shooting of ROTK they spent time together. Hyejun cooked for her. They watched TV together. If she isn't around the first people Hyejun will see is his familyI assumed there was a significance time lapse between those event.  The domestic scene happened while he was in the middle of filming.  The drama had to air and awards season had to come about. BUT considering that Korea film and air drama's simultaneously, there might not be that huge a time lapse.  But the drama would have been finished airing and awards season . . . 

For Haehyo,  I don't think she has that feeling/instinct that Haehyo is interested in her. What good with Jeongha is she knows how to draw the line like how she rejected HH before the house dinner date. She knows how to deal with compromises like she gave HH twice payment for the promise of dining out with him. She knows how to repay a particular debt. I think Jeongha's actions towards HH are clearly visible that in her eyes it's only HyeJoon although she is nice to him. 

@hushhh I also LOVE Mgr Lee Minjae. LoL,  the way she giggles around Top star Song MinSoo because she has been a long time fan is one big moment for all the fangirls in the whole world. Everyone can connect. 

Reveal hidden contents

All right, that was an unexpected ending. I’m liking how the writer just pulled the rug under and doesn’t shy away from controversial issues that celebrities have to deal with. I hope with Hye Jun’s character as someone with principles, that “scandal” will be dealt with in a sensitive manner

@touchthesky99 this is a very sensitive issue. This really happens irl. The drama writer is such a brave woman. 

I just hope, just like how good Hyejun described CJ in front of his brother is the same way the drama would handle it. A chingu here said this also. I mean, he didn't mean any harm to Hyejun. He just felt the magic spell of love. Turning back all their scenes from episode 1-10, there are no particular instances that he meant harm to Hyejun. The only one I remember is when he said "you will never make it here" after the last rejectionI heard that as a threat. 

I just hope that there will be a clean justice / ending with CJ character thru using our principled Superstar Sa Hye Jun. 

DATING ON THE DOWNLOW

I suspect there are a few reasons AH slipped away.

1- she hadn't met his family and it was a complicated and public way to meet HJ's family. If he had been seen her soon enough or Min-Jae had issued a formal invite, then she would have been more comfortable.  HJ and Min-Jaw were the only people she knew so she wasn't free to join the group comfortable.

2- even though HJ and AH are dating freely within there "friend group" They are not dating publicly.  I'm not sure that they are dating officially at the salon or when AH does HJ's make at an event. They talk about HJ not being famous enough for it to be an issue yet, but Min-Jae still warns him to be careful not be ne photograph having an intimate connection in public with AH. It isn't only that might affect his career, but his fan base might well make her life a nightmare.

THE JOYRIDE

For me the puzzle is HH behavior. 

I know he is feeling down. I know his career is not going as well or as fast as he hoped.  [I don't know how Korean entertainment industry goes, but a 2nd lead on your 2nd acting project would be quite an accomplishment.] His parents are the worse because of his father's lack of affection but demand for result--what's with the market analysis about his son's dream--.  His mother is emotionally abusive in ways she doesn't even understand.  She undermines his independence by giving him the illusion of independence while she continuously pulls strings.  She vacillates between praising and denigrating him.   

I know he tried to be a good friend to HJ when HH's career was rising faster than HJ, but his behavior with AH is not right emotionally for him and for his friendship with HJ.  

I get that HH like AH.

He has told her that.

AH has clearly said she is not interested.

She has kept their relationship CLEARLY professional, even though she is HJ's friend and then girlfriend. 

AH has not even tried to develop a friendship with HH.  He is just her boyfriend's friend.

She has not EVER given HH any hope that she might be interested in him.

HH knew from the beginning that HJ was the one AH was most interested in 1st as a fan, then as a partner.

Even after both AH and HJ confirmed their interest in each other, he continues to try to create a romantic connection with AH.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp0FKiWS8KdQLr60hXeXd

HH has not made any effort to find a woman who might be interested in him.

I'm not sure why he's pursuing her.  

HH lives under his mother's rule.  AH is not someone his mother OR father would approve of.  Why try to start something that will bring the person you say you care about grief? [I will say HH's mother is so perversely competitive with HJ and HJ's mother, she might well approve AH and HH is only because it would mean that HH won over HJ.]

I don't think that AH and HH joyride will lead to a relationship misunderstanding that damages AH and HJ relationship because, so far, AH and HJ have been open and honest with each other.  Their open lines of communication should stop them from having issues around it.  Of course adding Ji-A to the mix at the same time, who knows what the damage is.

I think the relationship that is most in danger, if any, is HH and HJ's.  We are reaching a point where social status might begin to create issues in the relationships of HJ, HHm JU.  I think the rubber will hit the road in HH does not support JU and HN's relationship, especially when he realizes that HJ has know about it for months. 

PARENTING

It interesting how the parental structure in Korea, as presented in this drama, play out the same despite class.

In both HH and HJ family the fathers want result from their sons.  I want them to be productive, self-supporting members of the society and seem to be paying less attention to they emotional/psychological lives.  The mothers are more in tuned with supporting their children in realizing their dreams.  One has more resources to offer logistical support and the other offer emotional support.  Both mothers act as buffers between their sons and their fathers' demands for quick results.

SEXUAL HARASSMENT

I don't think I've posted one of unpopular perspective in the forum in a while, but here goes . . .

I think that there is a parallel between Charlie [i note he's the only one with a non-Korean name] Jung behavior towards HJ and HH behavior towards AH

Both Charlie Jung and HH hired HJ and AH when they needed a professional boost. 

Both Charlie Jung and HH show professional favoritism towards HJ and AH.

Both Charlie Jung and HH [repeated] expressed romantic interest HJ and AH, even after they were clearly told by the object of their affection that they were not interested.

Both Charlie Jung and HH exerted a sense of obligation onto HJ and AH. HH created a sense that AH owed him time outside of their professional schedule. 

The biggest difference is that HH did not threatened AH's livelihood.

PROFESSIONAL WOMEN

I need to wrap it up, but I want to say that AH is one of the most believable portrayal of a young professional woman working to start a career and life and maintaining her independence. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Annyeong chingus... 

I'm more than happy that HJ is now getting known and winning the award although he is basically starting in the acting industry. That being nominated for Best Actor category, won the award and being the scene stealer in the movie "Catch" because of magnetic acting - these all remind me of one and only Park Bo Gum. Most parts of this drama is Bogum-like life. 

Most fans are delighted for not mentioning / thanking his appa but as a parent myself I think it's better for him to thank his father because he is his father after all. Like he can say thanking him for not supporting him and he sees that as challenges for him to be successful.

Well it really hurts but I too understand HJ being the son who has not gotten any support and encouragement from his Dad. Like the saying love without action is dead. Just like how HJ emphasized it during the pizza late snack-fight in EP9.

Spoiler

IMG-20201007-115714.jpg

IMG-20201007-115739.jpg

So this drama is a good watch to every parent out there that in one way or another are unintentionally disregarding their kids or keeps on discouraging their kids dreams and keeps on pushing what they wanted for their children.

For God sake, at first since HH's father bickered only with HH Eomma,  and at the same time he showed compassion to HaeNa, I thought he is quite supportive to their kids. Although there were also arguments in the past between IY and HH Appa I didn't think he is worst than the wife. The way he used numbers to check HH's progress is very unacceptable to me. It's like, he isn't a robot. I don't know for some reasons, why I hate him more than HJ's appa at this time. 

Spoiler

PARENTING

It interesting how the parental structure in Korea, as presented in this drama, play out the same despite class.

In both HH and HJ family the fathers want result from their sons. I want them to be productive, self-supporting members of the society and seem to be paying less attention to they emotional/psychological lives. The mothers are more in tuned with supporting their children in realizing their dreams. One has more resources to offer logistical support and the other offer emotional support. Both mothers act as buffers between their sons and their fathers' demands for quick results.

Super agree with this. HJ father is afraid of him to be like his grandpa that failed in everything while HH father wanted his son to be an academician like him but denied by the wife. They both have their own fear and want but these sons are not the by-product of the life they feared or wanted of. 

While these two fathers are the most to hate in this world,  JH's Appa is the best. Although she saw growing up how her Eomma depreciated her Appa but because Appa is soft and always using good words to her, her affections to her dad didn't tarnish. With that,  I totally understand JH. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Lovely fanart :wub:

3 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Not understanding why people are bashing Park so dam acting... i think her acting is just fine... JH is not over the top, reserve due to her not wanting to depend on people...  and not clingly... her acting is fine.. sigh..

I don't see any flaws in her acting. I love the simplicity of it, just the right flavor for me. She is a Korea movie industry princess. She is the best in acting. 

Spoiler

People are getting bad when it comes to bashing. Sad. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Not understanding why people are bashing Park so dam acting... i think her acting is just fine... JH is not over the top, reserve due to her not wanting to depend on people...  and not clingly... her acting is fine.. sigh..

I start ROY because of PSD:D

• Like 5

Spoiler

I love Park Bo Gum's acting because it's so measured.  He shows you a range of emotions just by look.  I say this in a low voice so as not to displease anyone, but there is no one like him in the world of Korean drama, maybe a Lee Min Ho, but I don't know him well enough.  Likewise, I like Park So Dam more than many actresses, for her uninflected voice and measured acting.  Her character is used to closing all emotions inside herself and so she opens up little by little to her boyfriend.  Now I'm really scared for them, because as someone wrote he might think his friend be the best to protect her in the face of the attacks that will follow the designer's death.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Oh YES @gumtaekI just visited the site and I was so ecstatic when I saw its Rank - No. 4 worldwide on Netflix. 

ROY fans did it again!  

tenor-1.gif

IMG-20201007-162323.jpg

cr:flixpatrol

:cutekitty:

Soompi

Complete info. New Zealand is also watching ROY. 

:cutekitty:

Spoiler

IMG-20201007-170020.jpg

IMG-20201007-170319.jpg

cr:Netflix Patrol

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Awesome 2

I watched ep10 again. I think the reason why JH didn’t joined HJ after he won becoz it’s too risky for them I think she sensed something in the dressing room scene. I think she wanted HJ to have some time with his family. She callled him once maybe to inform him but manager minjae has his phone the whole time. I love how she looked at his family from a far with adoring eyes yet a sense of i wish i could be there too. She’s not self-centered like JiAh. Speaking of JiAh, how pathetic it was that she called HJ twice while the real girlfriend only called once. Hahahahahahaha. :grimace:

as for haehyo and jeongha, HH was the only one who insisted on the getaway scene and knowing JH, she always keeps her promises and also she felt bad for HH not winning the rookie award. PLUS, JH is a responsible person that’s why she needed to comfort HH. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, BogumNoona said:

Hide contents

PARENTING

In both HH and HJ family the fathers want result from their sons. I want them to be productive, self-supporting members of the society and seem to be paying less attention to they emotional/psychological lives. The mothers are more in tuned with supporting their children in realizing their dreams. One has more resources to offer logistical support and the other offer emotional support. Both mothers act as buffers between their sons and their fathers' demands for quick results.

Super agree with this. HJ father is afraid of him to be like his grandpa that failed in everything while HH father wanted his son to be an academician like him but denied by the wife. They both have their own fear and want but these sons are not the by-product of the life they feared or wanted of. 

While these two fathers are the most to hate in this world,  JH's Appa is the best. Although she saw growing up how her Eomma depreciated her Appa but because Appa is soft and always using good words to her, her affections to her dad didn't tarnish. With that,  I totally understand JH. 

Both fathers have negative examples in their lives that they are afraid of their sons following.

HJ's father fear him becoming like his grandfather.

Last episode, HH's mother said to her husband that her husband feared HH turning out like his uncle, HH's father older brother.

Unfortunately both men are letting their fears suppress their love and support.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

ROY chingus,  what do you think of these scenes?  I think the bedroom scene we are all waiting has been finalized here at Ep9 after the rain dance.

JH: "That day, we flipped a page of our youth."

Did this mean they already made the bedroom scene because that figurative dialogue meant they took to another level their relationship and that included physical and sexual contact.

What you all think? :criesariver:

Spoiler

IMG-20201007-205121.jpg

IMG-20201007-205125.jpg

IMG-20201007-205130.jpg

IMG-20201007-205132.jpg

3 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

I watched ep10 again. I think the reason why JH didn’t joined HJ after he won becoz it’s too risky for them I think she sensed something in the dressing room scene. I think she wanted HJ to have some time with his family. She callled him once maybe to inform him but manager minjae has his phone the whole time. I love how she looked at his family from a far with adoring eyes yet a sense of i wish i could be there too. She’s not self-centered like JiAh. Speaking of JiAh, how pathetic it was that she called HJ twice while the real girlfriend only called once. Hahahahahahaha. :grimace:

Couple in a relationship should know also how to make boundaries so they won't choke each other. I commend her decision not to go to family affairs since she has not been introduced formally by HJ to the family. 

As for JiA I hope I don't see her in the next episodes because she really annoys me. The nerve to tell and remind HJ that she was the one dumped HJ because her pride is being stepped on. 

A shameless woman who hurt HJ in the past twice and on that particular moment she kept on reminding HJ their old past. Past is past. Done. 

as for haehyo and jeongha, HH was the only one who insisted on the getaway scene and knowing JH, she always keeps her promises and also she felt bad for HH not winning the rookie award. PLUS, JH is a responsible person that’s why she needed to comfort HH. 

Agree chingu. HH really needs JH's comfort at that time but I can see in JH that she is just trying to make him alleviate his spirits and self-esteem. I don't feel a spark between them although it's a one sided feeling. 

I hope HH won't complicate things because he knows also that even his parents won't approve JH so he better finds a woman that suits their family. 

On a different note,  I always cry and feel sad whenever JH's family life is on the screen. :cries:

Don't worry JeongHa, HyeJun and Appa are there to comfort and help you. 

Both of them keep on growing maturely. It's a positive relationship if that's the case. She even accepted Appa's financial help. She relied on HJ's approval which signifies that HJ is really an important person in her life. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

I am loving Lee Hi's OST. Her calming and soothing voice adds something more to the storytelling.

-----

Also, I would like to note that when we talk about Charlie Jung's death, please be mindful of your language. "Committed suicide" sounds like he did something wrong. "Died by suicide" is preferred because it opens up the conversation about suicide which is a sensitive topic to some. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1