[Drama 2019-2020] Stove League, 스토브리그

larus

I think they will definitely not trade KDK with LDY.  LDY is not much of an asset right now because of the 72 game suspension and his gambling scandal.  The preview suggests that they are looking at other players to trade for him but it seems like another team is also interested, maybe the Pelicans?  I think the ending scene where LSY asked KDK a difficult question, the question is if he would be willing to be on the same team with LDY.  Remember part of his original condition to be traded back to dreams if not to work with LDY

The person walking at the end looks like the coach  

• Like 3

well... Im DongGyu and Kang DuGi are nowhere near retirement age, so... there are always chances in the future that they might play together under Dreams again. 

That's if Dreams hasn't disbanded.

4 hours ago, millicom said:

LDY is not much of an asset right now because of the 72 game suspension and his gambling scandal.

I disagree. 

Im DongGyu is a fantastic player even if he can't play half the season and is worth the Kang DuGi trade for Dreams at the moment. In fact, he might be able to coach the other batters while on the bench, if his new attitude permits. The gambling scandal doesn't even factor into the game, just like Robert's "army evasion" scandal does not matter. 

Dreams has settled their pitchers (very well), their catcher is an ace, and their defence is now solid. It time for them to focus on building up the offence - batting. 

I say Kang DuGi might be traded back only because I don't see anyone else from Dreams that Vikings might be interested in at all. 

• Like 3

Ep. 13 was retrospective as we get to see a nicer Dong Gyu, well..before he turned into a thug he is now. But that's changed as he's ready to start anew.. he may not have dabbled into drugs but he gambled. Which isn't awful imo but in S.K. everything's taken seriously.:rolleyes: His friendship with Doo Ki is pretty heartwarming.

Phew. That's a relief that the Dreams are cleared but poor Vikings manager LoL. 5 , no 6 players are suspended(?):P That jerkface CEO! I so want to punch those glasses off his face.:crazy:     

• Like 5

Can someone please clarify the issue with the guest list for ceremonial pitchers and how the previous CEO was replaced by Kwon Kyung-min in Episode 12? Didn't get that part. 

I also really hope both Kang Doo-ki and Lim Dong-hyu can play for Dreams. I really liked this episode. 

• Like 2

Cast And Crew Of “Stove League” Confirmed To Go On Reward Vacation

Feb 5, 2020
by J. Lim

13c147384de44746ab5a92513263bef1.jpeg?s=

The cast and crew of SBS’s “Stove League” are headed for a well-deserved vacation!

On February 5, a source from the SBS Friday-Saturday drama confirmed, “The cast and crew of ‘Stove League’ will be traveling to Saipan on February 17 for a four-day reward vacation.”

“Stove League” premiered on December 13, 2019 and tells the story of a failing baseball team preparing for an extraordinary season with a new general manager. The drama has been a home run, soaring to a personal best of 17 percent in viewership ratings, and they will be wrapping up the successful drama with a reward vacation to Saipan.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381295wpp/cast-and-crew-of-stove-league-confirmed-to-go-on-reward-vacation

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Park Eun Bin And Namgoong Min Caught In An Awkward Situation In “Stove League”

Feb 6, 2020
by L. Kim
7a8216f6685e4211b973146f258a4d96.jpeg?s=

Stove League” has released new stills of an awkward moment between Park Eun Bin and Namgoong Min!

On February 6, SBS released photos of Baek Seung Soo (Namgoong Min) and Lee Se Young (Park Eun Bin) in the middle of a meeting.

Baek Seung Soo looks frozen, as if her comment hit the mark, and Lee Se Young seems intent on reading his expression. The images draw curiosity about the unusual sign that Lee Se Young picked up on about Baek Seung Soo. The duo, who got a step closer to each other, can be seen trapped in an awkward moment.

park-eun-bin-namgoong-min.png

The production crew said, “Namgoong Min and Park Eun Bin are the main pillars of ‘Stove League’ and have contributed to the consistent flow of the story. Unimaginable developments will take place in the remaining episodes.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381543wpp/park-eun-bin-and-namgoong-min-caught-in-an-awkward-situation-in-stove-league
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 7:12 AM, Edgar Pordwed said:

Can someone please clarify the issue with the guest list for ceremonial pitchers and how the previous CEO was replaced by Kwon Kyung-min in Episode 12? Didn't get that part.

Basically was an excuse for Kwon to replace him by making an issue out of ex-CEO not doing a proper job of getting sales revenue by inviting celebrities to attract fans to watch and instead was exchanging those first pitches for money. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Banana said:

Uh... well. I expected Kang DuGi to be traded... but NOT like this! And not to there!

This show throws some real good curveballs.

I was shocked. Really. When everything seems to be resolved in this episode, the news of Kang Doo ki transfer to the Titan came so sudden. I so want to see the Dreams win the championship now more than ever because I wish Kwon to not succeed in his plan. So many problems for Dreams and Seung Soo.

I should have known that when we have scenes like this in the beggining, things won`t end well.

Two more episodes. WOW. Time flies.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Why I got  the feeling that Coach agreed to the trade so Manager BSS could stay? Look like Director Kwon know that BSS doesn't care if he got sacked if Dream can keep Kang Doo Ki so he throw another ball to Coach. It's kinda out of character for him to selfishly agreed without concrete reason.:confused:

Cant help but laugh about this.

Spoiler

BTS photo

• Like 3

3 Things To Watch For As “Stove League” Comes To An End

Feb 9, 2020
by L. Kim
5430942ac77b42149445fa7a0de7bdbd.jpeg?s=

With only one episode left until the end, SBS’s “Stove League” is keeping its viewers at the edge of their seats by showcasing an exciting story with refreshing scenes.

“Stove League” tells the story of the management team behind Dreams, a professional baseball team that has placed last in its league for several years. The team receives a shakeup in the form of Baek Seung Soo (Namgoong Min), an unconventional general manager, who revitalizes the passion of longtime manager Lee Se Young (Park Eun Bin).

Spoilers

While the tension heightens even more as each episode features a shocking twist, here are three key questions that will be answered in the last episodes of the drama:

1. Can Kang Doo Ki (Ha Do Kwon) come back?

In episode 14, Baek Seung Soo managed to win the Im Dong Kyu (Jo Han Sun) trade with a proposal that fully grasped the needs of the Vikings’ leader Kim Jong Moo (Lee Dae Yeon). However, his team was put in a difficult situation as the approval of Kwon Kyung Min (Oh Jung Se) was delayed due to Im Dong Kyu’s high salary. Im Mi Sun (Kim Soo Jin), the head of the marketing team who found out about this, signed an advertising contract that made her a whopping 1 billion won (approximately $837,900) in surplus, which allowed them to get the final approval to recruit Im Dong Kyu.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382090wpp/3-things-to-watch-for-as-stove-league-comes-to-an-end

• Like 4

Lee Je Hoon will make a cameo in the last episode.

Lee Je Hoon To Make Special Appearance In “Stove League” After Revealing His Love For The Drama

Feb 12, 2020
by J. Lim

e87d4db022ce40dcb0e7a480af052961.jpeg?s=

Lee Je Hoon is set to make a special appearance in the SBS drama “Stove League”!

On February 12, his agency Saram Entertainment confirmed the news and said, “Lee Je Hoon will be making a special appearance in the last episode of SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama ‘Stove League.'”

“Stove League” tells the story of a baseball team who come in dead last, to the point that even their fans have no more tears to shed, as they prepare for an unforgettable season with a new general manager. The drama has been well-received, rising to 16.8 percent in nationwide viewership ratings and 18.2 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area, peaking at 19.4 percent in real-time ratings.

Lee Je Hoon is known to be a fan of the show, sharing a photo of the “Stove League” poster and of him watching the drama on his TV. Anticipation is rising to see what kind of character he will play in the final episode as he is an avid fan of the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382582wpp/lee-je-hoon-to-make-special-appearance-in-stove-league-after-revealing-his-love-for-the-drama

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee Je Hoon‘s Cameos in Finale tonight

Spoiler

Brief summary with my limited Korean: PF company is becoming the new owner of Dream

Clip 1 - PF's Lee Je Hoon are having initial exchange for each other's expectations for the potential purchase, e.g. where should Dream team’s home base, the employment arrangements, etc

Clip 2 - Nam trying to convince Lee Je Hoon to purchase Dream team, based on Lee JH's baseball related promises with Lee's neighbourhood playground friends, who are also ex-founders of PF

Pengsoo‘s Cameo in Finale tonight, with renew Dream branding

Spoiler

PF says it can take over Dream, but due to complications Nam cannot remain as the GM of Dream

Final Ending with brief summary: Nam being referred by Ex-boss Kwon for a new job, and Nam says he will give it all for his job, as always

Edited by 000231846597
new clips added; wrong translations revised
  • Like 2

I'M SO GONNA MISS THEM;;;;; :dissapointed_relieved:

This last ep was an extra emotional one for me. I was proud when CEO Kwon was back to his sense by buying the time before disbandment (and by "knocking" some sense to his cousin lol). I was in awe when BSS and LSY doing pt before (the handsome) CEO Lee even if they got to his personal touch haha. I was smiling when LSY said "manse!!!" and all the staff chanting "Dreams!". I was teary when LSY told BSS her regret for not being able to protect him and him sitting there looking down the field all holding back his tears and lost for the team (that facial expression just wow! NGM was pulling at my heartstring;;;). I laughed when Pengsoo appear and making fool of the players haha. I was surprised when CEO Kwon actually recommend BSS to other team, like they reminded me of Tom and Jerry haha. 

Thank you for a great show Stove League! :heart:

I need to find new one to fill up my weekend watch;;;;;

• Like 3

“Stove League” Comments On Possibility Of Drama Returning For 2nd Season

Feb 15, 2020
by E. Cha
e6883255dafd43caa4b254435b300bfb.jpeg?s=

The producers of SBS’s “Stove League” have commented on the possibility of a second season!

The hit drama starring Namgoong Min ended with a bang on February 14, scoring its highest viewership ratings yet during its finale.

On February 15, the producers of the drama revealed that though nothing has yet been set in stone, there is a strong chance that “Stove League” will return for another season—and that many of its cast members have expressed their desire to participate.

“We don’t have any news about Season 2 yet,” the producers stated, “but the actors have said, ‘We want to do a Season 2.’ Because the writer would have to prepare more [for a second season], we don’t know exactly when Season 2 would premiere.”

They went on, “Because the actors had such great chemistry, and because the atmosphere on set was wonderful, most of the cast have said that they would want to participate if we ended up doing a Season 2. As each of the actors was very satisfied with his or her roles, they’d most likely have a positive reaction to [the news of a] Season 2, but we haven’t formally discussed anything.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383122wpp/stove-league-comments-on-possibility-of-drama-returning-for-2nd-season

Lee Je Hoon Shares Love For “Stove League” As Avid Fan After Filming Special Appearance

Feb 15, 2020
by J. Lim

c52131e07733423897b1da4e39172543.png?s=9

Lee Je Hoon shared his excitement after making a special appearance in the SBS drama “Stove League.”

On February 15, the actor took to his Instagram account to share photos from his time on set and wrote, “It was an honor to be able to appear in a drama that I love so much. General manager Baek Seung Soo (Namgoong Min) and manager Lee Se Young (Park Eun Bin), player Jan Jin Woo (Hong Ki Joon), and everyone in the ‘Stove League’ family, you’ve worked so hard.” He added, “I will truly never forget this. It was the best.”

In the photos, Lee Je Hoon poses for photos with Namgoong Min and Park Eun Bin, the two lead actors of the drama, and shows off his script for the final episode as well. Lee Je Hoon has expressed in the past that he is a fan of the drama, and he was able to have the ultimate fan experience by playing a character in the final episode.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1383138wpp/lee-je-hoon-shares-love-for-stove-league-as-avid-fan-after-filming-special-appearance

Namgoong Min, Park Eun Bin, Jo Byeong Gyu, And More Say Goodbye To “Stove League”

Feb 15, 2020
by R. Jun

7d11325a1e9c48a6af63581386cc656f.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min posted a photo of the cast and crew of the drama and wrote, “The set [of ‘Stove League’] was the ideal set, where everyone understood, respected, and was considerate of one another. When the director, writer, and actors are all on the same page, I think people these days call that ‘chemistry.’ Our chemistry was amazing.”

Park Eun Bin said, “To everyone who cheered for our team Dreams, I hope ‘Stove League’ left a feel-good, lasting impression on you. Please think of our drama during the Stove League every year.”

Oh Jung Se commented, “I was able to take on a fresh challenge with the character Kwon Kyung Min,” and thanked all of the cast and crew.

Jo Byeong Gyu said, “It was an honor to end one year and start the next with ‘Stove League,’ and thanks to all the viewers’ love, we were able to successfully wrap the drama.”

Spoiler

stove-league-0.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383104wpp/namgoong-min-park-eun-bin-jo-byeong-gyu-and-more-say-goodbye-to-stove-league

• Like 2

I love this drama. From start to end, it did not disappoint and every episode was a thrilling watch for me. Episode 9 was a special favorite of mine.  Simple but oh so emotional:bawling:.  Although it ended with all conflicts resolved, I still want more.  Season 2 please? 

To the writers, the actors, the director and to all people who worked hard to bring us this wonderful show, my deepest appreciation and thanks:heart:

• Like 3

Just waiting for another hour for episode with sub. We just shy away for 20% huh. But it's ok. For the underdog drama like this. This drama kind of breath for fresh air, engaging and heartfelt. on the side note, I can't say i like the new color much, coz its kind of common. The old color look more fresh and eye catching also different. I think people should take note that not every hero wore a red color and not every villain wore green. 

• Like 3