[Drama 2019-2020] Psychopath Diary, 싸이코패스 다이어리

nrllee

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts about ep 9:

So Bo Kyung's "uncle" knows In Woo's dad and is therefore protecting In Woo. I wonder if he was bribed by In Woo's dad at some point?

I knew he couldn't be trusted from the first episode I saw him in. :angry:

Poor Bo Kyung's dad.... :(

Poor DS! The writers made him a murderer, I don't think I like this kind of expected twist. But I found it strange how the former detective started beating DS after untying himself, he should have run away or told DS what IW is doing to them both. 

5 hours ago, Emmy11 said:

Poor DS! The writers made him a murderer, I don't think I like this kind of expected twist. But I found it strange how the former detective started beating DS after untying himself, he should have run away or told DS what IW is doing to them both. 

Your post made me worried because I wouldn’t want to continue watching if DS ended up to be a murderer. Technically, it was an accident. 

I wonder how he is going to be cleared of the charge and of his own guilt. Seems like Chairman Seo will play a part in turning in his own son. Secretary Jo is going to have a part too in exposing SIW. 

I am still ill very concerned about BK’s father. Is he going to become better or not... what are the stuff they’ve been giving him that made him unable to talk now :( 

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am still ill very concerned about BK’s father. Is he going to become better or not... what are the stuff they’ve been giving him that made him unable to talk now :( 

Me too! :( I am almost unable to watch the drama (haven't watched ep 10) because I feel so uncomfortable seeing the scenes where BK's dad is being abused. He is so helpless and I don't understand why they find it necessary to make the scenes so graphic.

I would rather have more scenes of our funny thug. Bring us more Batman and Alfred please! :D

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Your post made me worried because I wouldn’t want to continue watching if DS ended up to be a murderer. Technically, it was an accident. 

I wonder how he is going to be cleared of the charge and of his own guilt. Seems like Chairman Seo will play a part in turning in his own son. Secretary Jo is going to have a part too in exposing SIW. 

It wasn't an accident, but a premeditated murder (DS went there to kill him).  I don't understand what is the writer intentions anymore, DS committed more than one crime so far such as obstruction of justice , tampering with evidence (burned a victim suicide letter) and murder.  From the beginning I kind of expected DS to kill, it was hinted of it. But the victim is someone who could have actually helped him clear his name, it would have been better if he killed the copycat guy who killed his wife instead. It would be unrealistic if DS doesn't go to prison for one of these crimes at least in the end,  a crime is a crime having amnesia or not.

IW has been really sloppy lately, so he is bound to make a mistake that will reveal who he really is. Also like you said the chairman and the secretary might turn on him and BK's uncle seems to know something too. The most important thing is DS's memory to return.  Poor BK's father!  I don't know what will happen to him, but he wasn't taking the medication they gave him and I'm afraid IW might kill him.

To tell you the truth this drama has many unrealistic cliches, so don't worry too much, in the end it's most likely nothing will happen to DS lool. I'm just enjoying the comedy and YSY's acting in this drama. I gave up on the story development of this drama when IW found out everything about DS and started to manipulate everyone (so boring :unamused:). 

19 hours ago, Emmy11 said:

It wasn't an accident, but a premeditated murder (DS went there to kill him).  I don't understand what is the writer intentions anymore, DS committed more than one crime so far such as obstruction of justice , tampering with evidence (burned a victim suicide letter) and murder.  From the beginning I kind of expected DS to kill, it was hinted of it. But the victim is someone who could have actually helped him clear his name, it would have been better if he killed the copycat guy who killed his wife instead. It would be unrealistic if DS doesn't go to prison for one of these crimes at least in the end,  a crime is a crime having amnesia or not

Exactly! I am not too happy with the story development. Even though the actual incident was an accident, it was premeditated as you said. I think the story could have done well without DS actually committing manslaughter.  :mellow:

Hmm, I never think of it as premeditated because DS didn’t plan for it. To me it was more that he was led to do it. When they fell, the knife was also not in his hand but in that ex-police’s hand. 

If this is considered premeditated, then since the first time he lifted that toilet tank cover to hit his boss, it should also be considered as premeditated attempted murder, as well as the subsequent attempts. And let’s not forget he is suffering from memory loss and is being manipulated now by the owner of the Diary while earlier is by the Diary itself. 

@partyon Yes, I agree with you there was no need for DS to do that. I feel sorry for him, before he was an outcast and now God only knows what they label him with. At least now he get along with his family and work colleagues. 

@ktcjdrama The deciding factor will be the prosecutor and what he/she will charge him with (accident, premeditated, attempted murder or whatever) and that is IF they actually charge him with anything lool. After all he is the protagonist in Kdrama! Also, if DS helps the police catch IW that will be in his favor. 

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hmm, I never think of it as premeditated because DS didn’t plan for it. To me it was more that he was led to do it. When they fell, the knife was also not in his hand but in that ex-police’s hand. 

If this is considered premeditated, then since the first time he lifted that toilet tank cover to hit his boss, it should also be considered as premeditated attempted murder, as well as the subsequent attempts. And let’s not forget he is suffering from memory loss and is being manipulated now by the owner of the Diary while earlier is by the Diary itself. 

@ktcjdrama I agree with you that the memory loss and manipulation make things a lot more complex, and are alleviating factors in this whole case.

I would argue, though, that even the toilet tank cover scene was "premeditated" as were all the cases where he convinced himself he is a killer and that he would kill someone. In all those cases, though, in the end he stopped himself from the actual murder. Even though he was wondering why he wasn't able to go through with it, I was always happy that he didn't do anything that was 100% irreversible. Ending someone's life is final.

6 hours ago, Emmy11 said:

The deciding factor will be the prosecutor and what he/she will charge him with (accident, premeditated, attempted murder or whatever) and that is IF they actually charge him with anything lool. After all he is the protagonist in Kdrama! Also, if DS helps the police catch IW that will be in his favor. 

@Emmy11 This is drama-land, so I find it quite probable that he will walk scot-free.

Anyway, I am so happy that there is at least a little bit of discussion in this thread. :) I guess everyone else jumped ship. lol

PS. @Ameera Ali I miss your funny videos and gifs :D

Oh wow he already had a bunch of pretty hefty crimes on his list but a murder is hard to shrug off. I am kind of curious how they want to get out of that corner they wrote themselves into. I mean i'm in for the wild ride and the dark humor. So i personally don't mind it too much. But if they do the whole "oh no he got wrongfully arrrested and Sim Bo-Kyung has to prove he is innocent and then he gets to walk free without any charges and feeling of guilt because hey he is not the serial killer and we all know he is a nice guy" I think that would rub me the wrong way. And i think it might lead to that.

I rarely have problems if leads or other characters do bad things. I do often have problems with how it gets portrayed, what the underlying messages are etc. AKA What the drama/writers want to tell me.

Moment at Eighteen turned into a pure hate watching for me at some point for example.

In a drama having a serial killer and a lead thinking he's one, I think it's natural that the drama builds towards the finale with the lead being heavily involved in a death. I have no idea how the writer is going to get DS out of his plight but then this setting can be considered one of its kind so there's really no predecessors for us to refer to. 

From released stills for this week's ep, it feels like BK saw through IW's mask, so it's very likely the BK proving DS's innocence thing is happening but whatever is the outcome is still unknown.

The story sometimes feel so ridiculous, yet you can't deny the possibility that you will see this kind of people in real life. In my opinion, watching this show with a serious focus on realistic portrayal will really ruin your viewing experience. This script feels like the writer's idea of an experiment on people's perception and how it will play out. 

I've linked the drama's planning intention earlier in the thread. Since the drama is already halfway through, I think it's suitable to mention part of it for viewers here to think over as they look at the story development so far.

It's a bit long so I put it in a spoiler. For me, I think this is one of the reasons why the drama was made into a comedy.

Spoiler

It's mainly about psychopath vs doormat. "Psychopath" doesn't necessarily mean a criminal, but refer to people who have no guilt and hesitation in committing selfish and immoral acts, and it acts as an advantage in a society that values success. Doormat, in a simple sense, are people who are too kind for their own good and taken advantage of. So, these 2 characters are on the opposite ends of the food chain. The question posed here is that in order to survive in this kind of society, should one become a "psychopath"?

DS's change in the drama and his actions against the bullies in his life serves to be a refreshing viewing experience for viewers like DS (basically meaning doing and saying the stuff they didn't get to do in real life).

The ending thought for the planning intention (could be a spoiler for the drama's ending) talks about how we may not have to worry about the doormats in the society. In this dangerous world, maybe, even if you don't become a monster, there will still be a way to survive.

I think an interesting point to take from this would be to compare people's reactions for whichever personality that DS adopts and whether that is the reaction people would prefer to receive from others.

Another thing that I observed from surfing the Chinese net. After the DS-IW CP "ended"(before last week's episodes), JIS's fans got pissed with people who start criticising her acting (and also the writer for the script, this criticism really felt weird for me). So, I'm putting out the planning intention out here for people to refer to. This was released before the drama started broadcast and I think so far, the drama has followed this concept quite closely. Some may not like the direction the show is taking and I've also felt so for other dramas I watched. For me, what I say to this would be that I hope there will be a writer in the future that writes a storyline that I wanted to see instead for the same setting.

I would like to end off by quoting a Chinese netizen's comment that what Kdrama writers easily beat Cdrama writers on is their ability to write a script with such a draw on viewers that allows them to conveniently ignore logic sometimes. To add on to this from my side, comedies tend to exaggerate so it's quite hard for us to ignore some of the illogical/improbable situations portrayed. But if we go along with the fun, it helps us get more from the viewing experience sometimes.

I nearly die laughing the way they keep stop him from confessing   :joy: 

# when Everything stand between you & confessing  :mrgreen:

ezgif-4-8f6dc120a266.gif

5e053a75356fa078937036.gif?download

ezgif-4-2e391ef84abb.gif

@partyon I’m back :wub: , for a little the writer worried me & I thought he turn our sweet confused fake psychopath to a killer :joy:

Archived