[Drama 2019-2020] Psychopath Diary, 싸이코패스 다이어리

nrllee

@partyon I'm not really surprised few of us are here lol, watching this drama feels like being on a roller coaster. One minute you are satisfied with the plot, the other you are like wtf how ridiculous can the plot get?! 

I skipped most of ep 12,  the investigation...wait can it be called that, even the detective himself admitted changing DS statement. But I have a feeling he left evidence hidden somewhere.

DS and former gangster scenes are the best. I'm thankful the writers gave us this duo, especially after destroying DS & IW (the best) bromance in earlier episodes. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the latest development. Now it’s time to fight back!

I had guessed the Chairman himself is not innocent. He must have killed some people before too. Scary father-son duo. I wanted the uncle to get some punishment for what he covered up, but I wasn’t expecting him to be killed off like that. 

That escape hole.... I can see DS using it, but I cannot imagine the other guy using it given his bigger body size :lol: I was concerned earlier how DS will be able to do anything to clear his name if he is imprisoned. 

@Ameera Ali Happy to see you here again! :)

I watched ep 12. Some thoughts:

• DS is getting his memory back finally! Yippee!!! I wonder how he will feel once he remembers his past and what he was like. I am sure there will be a lot of inner conflict and turmoil, as he realizes he has been trying to build a new identity that is totally the opposite from his previous identity. To fit those two identities together will take time.
  • DS's female colleague, Oh Mi Joo, has exhibited romantic feelings towards DS for a long time already. I am wondering if this will lead to anything, or if DS will fall in love with BK? He hasn't really shown interest in either so far? I am wondering if he is meant to be with Gangster Alfred? :D Thoughts?
    (In any case, I think I would be quite happy if the FL and ML won't end up together in the end. It's kind of boring to always have the same predictable outcome in every k-drama )
  • I'm content that they got rid of Bad Uncle this quickly. He was not a good cop and not a good person.
  • I am also happy that BK is listening to her intuition (aka her imaginary dad), and is wiling to uncover who the real culprit is. She really has shown some questionable traits in this drama so far, by revealing confidential investigation material to both DS and In Woo.
  • @ktcjdrama Yeah, the Chairman is scum! I was 100% certain by the time he went hunting with his son that he is psychopath too. Explains quite a lot why In Woo turned into a psychopath / serial killer.
  • @Emmy11 I am so happy that Gangster Alfred and DS are still going strong! Gangster Alfred is amazingly loyal to his hyungnim. I just couldn't stop laughing in when he went to visit DS in the jail together with DS's family, and he kept telling them that they shouldn't make a big scene and start crying when they see DS. In the next minute when DS walks in, he is wailing like a baby.... "HYUNGNIM!!":joy:

I think the writer mentioned at the press conference that there will be minimal romance (because it's impossible to have none, I'm not sure why lol). There's more "romance" content in the BTS than the actual drama itself. I feel that even if they are going to establish a loveline for DS, it will at most be touch and go closer to the end.

Most of the stuff I watch are comedies so this show really suit my preferences. It was tiring to see thrillers with too much twists and melodrama feels too slow. For me, this show has the right amount of ridiculous situations for comedies and you need some illogical situations to add more fun to a drama.

When you think of some situations as DS's good karma not wanting him land in jail (failed confession at police station, easy get out of jail card), it's like even the gods are playing him lol.

Someone compared DS's scenes to puppies lol. https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4453132820218597

@jeijei thank you, it's helpful :). I watched it just now. He is so cute in this drama. 

Anyway, can't wait for last two episodes of PD. I think this drama is so underrated. I also watched other 2  dramas that air on Wed-Thu, but I dropped both of them before episode 4.  Psycopath Diary is intrigued mo more, I guess.

Wow i love the psychopath. And he even upped it for this episode. I loved that joker-esque scene where he put Dong Sik in that moral dilemma. 

Oh and i was questioning from a writing perspective why they make them do this whole plan if the assistant Jo Yu-Jin had the memory chip all along and is just going to give it to Sim Bo-Kyung at the end. But it made sense at the end with her siding with Seo In-Woo.

I liked that as well. I've been shipping them for a long time and wanted a twisted romance between them. But i am afraid we won't get that :D

Wow, SIW's secretary is a piece of work. I didn't expect her to side with him after she saw how he killed his father and found out that he's the serial killer. She didn't just side with him, she became an accomplice in murder by helping him while he was going to kill BK. I hope she goes to jail as well. Low key thought she'd be one of SIW's last victims after she watched that video but to think that she did what she did was pretty shocking. 

Hm the last episode felt a bit too stupid at times for me. The office scene... It just dragged to the extent that it wasn't really fun anymore but made everyone look stupid. And later you have them being super smart solving murder cases.

Oh and then he even escapes again.. It felt like they didn't really have an idea how to end the psychopath plot. They might as well just add in some more fluff.

The police telling him "You did nothing wrong"... Uhm should i make a list of his crimes? :D

(I expected them to not adress it. I guess i was just already down on the episode that it bothered me)

Otherwise there were some fun scenes in it. 

Ok, I confess. Haven't really got past middle of the series. My hands are full I thought I can watch everyday.

Here's PD related content 

Jung In Sun, Yoon Shi Yoon, VICTON’s Subin, And More Share Final Thoughts As “Psychopath Diary” Ends

Jan 10, 2020
by S. Park

The cast of “Psychopath Diary” bid farewell to the drama.

On January 9, the suspense series came to an end with the broadcast of its 16th episode.

Jung In Sun portrayed neighborhood cop Shim Bo Kyung. She said, “I remember getting congratulatory calls before we began over the fact that I was doing a project with great people. What I liked the most was the script of ‘Psychopath Diary’ which I got lost in time reading, and the most joyful five months of portraying Shim Bo Kyung who put the pain from her past behind her to chase her dream and change passionately. Because it was a combined genre of comedy, thriller, and fantasy, I wasn’t able to relax while filming a single scene. But I think that we were able to successfully complete filming until the end thanks to the staff and actors who remained vigilant and worked hard to film. I want to thank the great people who gathered to create an even greater story, and I sincerely thank the viewers for being with ‘Psychopath Diary’ until the end.”

Yoon Shi Yoon starred as Yook Dong Shik who mistook himself for a psychopath and led the drama with his both funny and passionate performance. “Hello, this is Yoon Dong Shik and Yoon Shi Yoon,” he said. “This was a drama that had particularly cold and difficult scenes. It was a drama with many ups and downs, but it gave me that many more memories and a higher sense of achievement. It feels like yesterday when I heard your cheers at the press conference and premiere, and it’s already come to an end like this. Whenever I spend time with all of you, it feels as if I’m seeing my relatives during the holidays. Thanks to your unconditional support, belief, expectations, and love, I’m always able to complete the dramas which I began in fear with a smile.”

VICTON’s Subin appeared in his second acting role as high school student and Yook Dong Shik’s youngest family member Yook Dong Chan. The idol stated, “I was able to film my first conventional drama ‘Psychopath Diary’ right after my first acting attempt in a web drama. At first, I was really nervous thinking about acting in front of talented, great actors. But the senior actors and staff members cheered me on and led me while filming, so I was able to make it to the finale with strength rather than concern. I’ve learned and gained so much through ‘Psychopath Diary,’ so I think it’ll remain as a good memory and experience. All of the actors and staff worked so hard until now, and I thank you. Thank you so much to the fans who cheered me on as well.”

Choi Tae Hwan appeared as Yoon Dong Shik’s office colleague Shin Suk Hyun. “It was really fun while filming ‘Psychopath Diary,’ so I feel really sad that it’s now the end,” said the actor. “I want to thank my co-stars and everyone on the ‘Psychopath Diary’ team for helping me a lot on set so that I could act as Suk Hyun from when we started filming in late-summer, to the cold winter, and a new year.”

He added, “More than anything, I also sincerely thank the viewers who watched and supported our drama out of many projects. Even though Suk Hyun sucking up at the office to the point where he earned the nickname ‘Daehan Investment Migratory Birds’ along with Jung Ah (played by Jo Shi Nae) and Mi Joo (played by Lee Min Ji) might’ve appeared annoying, I was able to gain strength and complete it well until the end because many of you related to it and laughed along.”

So Hee Jung played Yoon Dong Shik’s step-mother Na In Hae. She commented, “Thanks to the consideration of many people, I was able to film so comfortably I wondered if it was acceptable. It was an honor to be able to work with good people. Time flew by because we laughed and joyfully worked together. Even though the actors and many staff members suffered, I was moved watching everyone come together with the same mind and intention, and focusing on filming. Thankfully, we were able to successfully complete filming.”

She continued, “I’m thankful for many people. Senior, junior, and same-age actors, please be healthy, and I hope that we can meet again on set while working hard. More than anything, I want to thank the viewers for sincerely supporting us.”

Hwang Sun Hee portrayed Jo Yoo Jin who worked for psychopath serial killer Seo In Woo (played by Park Sung Hoon). She said, “Every moment on the way to going to set was exciting. The teamwork between the actors who worked together was so good that I always felt joyful even though the story was heavy. Thank you to all of the staff and actors of ‘Psychopath Diary.'”

I have really enjoyed the most part of the show, but I have to say that towards the end it is rather draggy. A bit disappointed actually. Ep.15 felt like a filler and the finale also felt rather anti-climatic. I don't understand why SIW has to go through the escape room for SBK to arrest him. Some rants in spoiler so as not to ruin others watching mood.

Spoiler

~ the office face off took around 15 minutes of ep.16, a bit too long I think. And SIW surviving the fall from the building was rather far-fetched. I had thought he would die instead.

~ being in vegetative state for a year and we're not shown how he managed to get his handcuff off and he was able to run around the town already?

~ SBK was shot with that kind of gun but the bullet wound was so small? and for that she needed a cast? Uhm.....

~ nothing about the Seo brother in the wrap up? What's the deal with the secretary for being so loyal to SIW?

I love that they kept the comedic tone until the end. And they don't dwell into the romance much but instead showed a good friendship and partnership. I just wished the plot written a bit tighter up to the end.

I think there will definitely be people who thought the pacing for last two episodes was weird, so I'm sharing some possible happenings that may have affected their filming schedule, which resulted in changes in scripts and rushed filming.

- There was a instagram story around the time when ep13 was about to air. It mentions how the temperature was below zero at the time of post with JIS and PSH filming. If you eliminate the unconscious BK in the car scene from the possibilities since time of filming was too close to the broadcast timing, there wasn't an outdoor scene with BK and IW after that. It's possible that outdoor weather was so bad at that time that waiting out the weather didn't help so they axed the scene (which means changes in script)

- The lack of outdoor scenes for the last two episodes also seem related to the atrocious weather.

- There were Korean news reports of labour disputes with the production company (long working hours, sudden hiring of new staff) that didn't get translated by Soompi. Official explanation was that the weather was really too bad for proper filming. (They can't really lie with the weather data available on the net). Then, they hired new staff to help take over the previous ones who worked more than the normal working hours. 

The possibility of the last two episodes being rushed seems possible, so I guess we should be glad that they still managed to tie it up nicely at the end. It is a very good and fun drama nonetheless and I like this version of the ending a lot. (Pity there was  no romance but I can deal with that)

Archived