DRAMA 2020

SIGNAL 2

Drama: Signal 2

Hangul: 시그널 2

Genre: crime, fantasy

Network:

Episodes:

Director:

Writer: Kim Eun-Hee (Harvest Villa, Sign, Phantom, 3 Days, Signal, Kingdom)

Release Date:first half 2020

Runtime:

Production Company: AStory

OST:

Official site:

Plot

The drama depicts the past and present detectives who are connected with the desperate signal from the past to unravel tragic events. 

Cast

Lee Je-Hoon as Park Hae-Young

Kim Hye-Soo as Cha Soo-Hyun

Cho Jin-Woong  as Lee Jae-Han

Character descriptions

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

“Signal” Writer Shares Hopes To Air Second Season This Year

e852745d7fac44a68616857b01fee53d.jpeg?s=

On January 30, scriptwriter Kim Eun Hee participated in an interview where she discussed her hopes to air a second season of the 2016 drama “Signal” sometime this year. She said, “If I make a comeback to domestic dramas, I would want it to be with ‘Signal 2.'” She continued, “I am being careful with my words right now, but I’m hoping that it would air sometime this year.”

Kim Eun Hee continued, “Everyone’s needs will have to align, and actors will have to clear their schedule. It might be hard, but it is true that I’m hoping for ‘Signal 2’ to happen. Director Kim Won Seok also said that the drama will be more meaningful if it airs in 2019.”

“Signal” told the story of a group of police detectives who use a mysterious radio that can broadcast from the past to solve cold cases. It was praised as a well-made drama that maintained its high quality until the last episode.

Talks of a new season came up as the final episode ended on a mysterious note that left the possibility of a future story open.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1300482wpp/signal-writer-shares-hopes-to-air-second-season-this-year

AStory who produced the TVN drama 'Signal', and Netflix drama 'Kingdom' on the last 4 days, said, "It was confirmed that the Kingdom season 2 and the Signal season 2 aired in the first half of next year" 

0d33d364-e49a-4099-b288-d00c72483ebf.jpg

In January of last year, Kim Eun Hee writes in the mid-term special lecture that he is preparing "Signal Season 2" and said, "Kim  Hye Soo, Jo Jin-woong, and Lee Je-hoon , three actors also announced their intention to participate once the season 2 was produced."

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2032573

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/main/news_view.php?id=445983

http://www.wikileaks-kr.org/news/articleView.html?idxno=60530

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

@larus Thank you for the new thread. My favorite of all. One of the best Korean dramas. Looking forward to this one. But they says first one is always the best. But original cast  confimed to comeback?

Tagging these friends drama experts below who I know will be interested in this one.

@liddi @40somethingahjumma @bebebisous33 @irilight  See you here, right?

@phi3nk@evie7 going to tag this two who also where in original thread.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

I don`t think they announced when the new season will be broadcast without knowing the cast will do the second season but I would like to see the official confirmations soon. Then they will show more bout the plot and characters.

I also think the first season usually is the best but the writer could come with an interesting plot in the second season as well. I am very curious to see what is about, how the mysterious radio will be involved once again. I want more informations quickly. I hope they will satisfy our curiosity and release more information.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, jongski said:

Tagging these friends drama experts below who I know will be interested in this one. 

@jongski, thank you much for the tag.  I am so in for this one... Esp. if they get the original cast...

@larus thanks much for starting the thread.

12 hours ago, larus said:

I also think the first season usually is the best but the writer could come with an interesting plot in the second season as well. I am very curious to see what is about, how the mysterious radio will be involved once again. I want more informations quickly. I hope they will satisfy our curiosity and release more information.

I agree with you... But I so loved the first Season,  I look forward to see what this writer will bring us in the 2nd Season.   For one, I really want to see Lee Jae-Han (Jo Jin-Woong's character) vindicated.  At the end of Season 1 he was presumed to be a criminal who had shot the righteous Kim Bum-Joo  (played by Jang Hyun-Sung) who received a hero's funeral, when in fact he was such a horrid corrupt cop.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hope they won't push it if the main cast doesn't come together because it will ruin it all...Still remember how the rumors were all over back then saying that there were some backstage conflicts between Cho Jin Woong and Kim hye Soo&Lee Jae Hoon,who knows how much was truth and how much was babble...Hope the cast will trully return for a second season,if not let it be like that...

• Like 4

I hope that the original cast comes back and for the plot to be as awesome as season 1. Thanks for the thread! :)

• Like 4

On 7/20/2019 at 11:02 PM, Miky88 said:

Hope they won't push it if the main cast doesn't come together because it will ruin it all...Still remember how the rumors were all over back then saying that there were some backstage conflicts between Cho Jin Woong and Kim hye Soo&Lee Jae Hoon,who knows how much was truth and how much was babble...Hope the cast will trully return for a second season,if not let it be like that...

I totally agree with you. If the original cast doesn't return, let it be like that

• Like 4

Ok people it's happening!!!!
My hopes are up!!!!

Season 2 of Signal would only work with the same cast and I think the writer and director know it sooo…at least they can't disappoint me like when they announced Save Me Season 2 and then it turned out to be a totally new cast and story line…(not bashing the actual season 2 tho, haven't seen it yet and probably never will because I'm to salty about it haha)

• Like 2