[Upcoming Drama TBA] Signal 2, 시그널 2

larus

4 hours ago, liddi said:

However, I know that in Signal, she walked around and did her own research for months, while in Infinity Challenge - Company Employees in Crisis (Eps 495-497), the script she delivered was very uniquely hers, replete with vivid descriptions, which the members commented was like reading a novel.

I like her writing (her dramas) and her passion for writing. I am glad that she is seriously researching andf has a clear vision about her drama. I usually don`t like to see another season of a drama unless it is a drama that I like and I trust the writer.

I am so curious what she came up in Signal 2. Of course, I will watch Mount Jiri as well.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Signal the J-movie has just been announced to air Apr 2, 2021 on various platforms including Netflix, reuniting the original cast. I have no idea whether KEH is also involved in the script, or this is a spinoff purely by the Japanese scriptwriters. However, this intensifies my hope that we too, will see a similar announcement regarding the Korean sequel, be it a S2, or a movie. Please!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Sunset90 said:

When I saw Signal 2, my heart fluttered. It's been so long since I have watched Signal. I binge-watched it so fast that I don't remember most of it. I will re-watch it soon!

They announced last year that they will produce this drama but the plan fell through. Maybe they will start producing this drama soon.

• Like 4

@liddi thank you for that precious information. We have hopefully all survived 2020 and are now ready for the announcement of Signal 2 anytime sooooooonnnn!?!?! I am rewatching this show for the fourth time and I still love it like it was the first. The only thing that changed is my wish for a second season with the exact same cast AS SOON AS POSSIIIBLEEEE.

Fingers crossed for 2021 

season 4 thank you GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also think the first season usually is the best but the writer could come with an interesting plot in the second season as well. I am very curious to see what is about, how the mysterious radio will be involved once again. I want more information's quickly. I hope they will satisfy our curiosity and release more information.

Edited by bahriaplus
spell mistake
  • Like 1

I thought it will be information about the "real" Signal 2, but turn out only someone who make this thread alive. let's hope it will be Signal 2 soon... I really wait since 2019, when the members hangout together. but until now, there's no info anymore... *sobs* 

• 3 weeks later...

Writer Kim Eun Hee talked about Signal Season 2 in recent interview, she said she will try her best and work hard to pave the way for the sequel in some way before she will retire.

Well, who knows if I will be interesting in kdramas at that time.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:15 AM, larus said:

Writer Kim Eun Hee talked about Signal Season 2 in recent interview, she said she will try her best and work hard to pave the way for the sequel in some way before she will retire.

Well, who knows if I will be interesting in kdramas at that time.

So is S2 confirmed or not? I’m quite confused. :wacko:

It’s been ages since the last season and I can’t wait that long anymore. I hope that we’ll get to hear more updates for S2 and hopefully, an official airing date.  

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote Tweets that contain images. Thanks!

21 hours ago, mtracy07 said:

So is S2 confirmed or not? I’m quite confused. :wacko:

It’s been ages since the last season and I can’t wait that long anymore. I hope that we’ll get to hear more updates for S2 and hopefully, an official airing date. 

The situation have not changed. It was announced long ago that it will be a second season but because of pandemic, the plan felt apart. She wrote Jirisan and Kingdom ever since. Now the writer confimed in an interview that she will write a second season of Signal but she doesn`t give a certain date. Before she retires can be a long time to wait. She is caught up with the success of Kingdom and prioritising writing this drama. But I wish she will finish writing the second season of Signal as well and I hope to be produced soon because now there are still have fans that remember that show and want to see it. The longer she will wait, the harder it will be. That`s my opinion. 

Here is the article with RAW translations.

Signal 2… ” Writer Eun-hee Kim made a surprise remark during an interview today (29th July)

img_20210729162805_ef36aa72.webp

Writer Kim Eun-hee, who introduced Netflix's 'Kingdom: Ashinjeon' “‘Signal’ season 2, I want to show it somehow before retirement”

Writer Kim Eun-hee of the tvN drama 'Signal', which has formed a maniac with her high ratings, has revealed her thoughts on the production of season 2.

img_20210729162825_83cfa2a8.webp

On the 29th, Spotify News conducted a video interview with writer Kim Eun-hee, who recently showed off 'Kingdom: Ashin of the North ' through Netflix.

On this day, writer Kim Eun-hee was asked, "Do you have any plans for a sequel to a work other than 'Kingdom'?"

Writer Kim Eun-hee, answered' "'Signal' season 2, I want to show her somehow before her retirement" .Writer Kim said, "As a writer, a work like 'Signal' is a work that has given me so much success." She continued, "I really have the greed and will to make a story that was not finished in season 2 in any way. Either way, I have a desire to show it in some way before I retire."

Writer Kim Eun-hee added, "But the same is true of the 'Kingdom' spin-off, and it is not made by the writer's own will.On the same day, Xports News also revealed that writer Kim Eun-hee said in an interview, "'Signal' was a drama that gave me a really great gift as a writer."

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/674463

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama TBA] Signal 2, 시그널 2

@larus It's gratifying to know that KEH herself does want a sequel to Signal. We've heard so many rumours which were quashed down the road for one reason or another. I think one of the greatest stumbling blocks is the availability and the willingness of the core cast to be involved in S2, not to mention the many projects on KEH's hands - Kingdom, Mount Jiri. Signal itself has spawned at least 2 remakes (Japan, China) and a Thai remake is apparently on the way as well - proof of its international appeal. In addition, the J-remake already has an SP and a movie released (haven't watched the movie yet so I have no idea whether it does bring closure to that universe). Truly pray that one day soon we too will see Signal S2 come to fruition.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, liddi said:

It's gratifying to know that KEH herself does want a sequel to Signal. We've heard so many rumours which were quashed down the road for one reason or another. I think one of the greatest stumbling blocks is the availability and the willingness of the core cast to be involved in S2, not to mention the many projects on KEH's hands - Kingdom, Mount Jiri.

She did want to do the sequel but other events occured and she was busy with something else. But it is good that she still want to do it. I want to see the second season if she will have inspiration to write something good. I don`t necesarry think it needs the second season but since i love the drama and the writer I am curious.

• Like 2

@larus I agree. The conclusion of S1 works perfectly fine with or without a sequel. While I would love to see our trio reunited, and perhaps finally meet in the same timeline, especially the two men who have gone through so much together, I do not want it at the expense of quality. I've seen my share of sequels which are a far cry from the brilliance of the original, so I would rather live with 1 season until such time when KEH is ready to write an excellent follow-up, and the original cast are on board to bring it to life.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...