[Upcoming Drama TBA] Signal 2, 시그널 2

larus

4 hours ago, ndnsinger said:

Any news on a second season of Signal?

No. The writer said she will write the second season but we don`t know when. SBS has announced another drama for next year so I don`t think she will write Signal 2 as well. But we never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished this drama. I saw some kinda of trailer(from a movie) and from searching i found this k drama series. I watched and i liked but the final was ... i wanna see more . After i finished ,i searched the movie back , but the movie from 2021 was worse on  everything ( i understood the idea but , wasn;t... you know... what i expected ... some answer from  first season. Only random characters who try to do smth but only as a  low budget copy  ) 

• 3 months later...

Still no news? Kingdom is awesome and all, but I am still yearning for a second season of SIGNAL. I don't think it's impossible – even AVATAR is getting a reboot this year – and She already wrote the script, right? I would be happy with just a movie including the original cast. Maybe even an animation with them as voice actors? Or a graphic novel? 

39 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Still no news? Kingdom is awesome and all, but I am still yearning for a second season of SIGNAL. I don't think it's impossible – even AVATAR is getting a reboot this year – and She already wrote the script, right? I would be happy with just a movie including the original cast. Maybe even an animation with them as voice actors? Or a graphic novel? 

I'm no purist but I'll say no to animate drama.

Having season 2 or part two is sometimes a hit or miss. I would love to see Signal again.. nothing can top the first one. We'll always compare.  I watch the jdrama version and seen the cdrama version and still...not the  Signal that I love.

Perhaps we can get the writer director PD maybe to do a kdrama version of cdrama "Love Me If You Dare" I like that drama the way I like Signa. it's a favorite.

• 2 months later...

Five drama recommendations… for well-made serial killer thrillers

by DB Staff

It’s no lie that dramaland loves to inject some life-threatening stakes by way of serial killers. Genre is no great matter, for a serial killer can now be inserted into any story. All jokes aside, dramaland does produce some really top-notch thrillers that are brimming with great writing, great acting, and great evil to overcome. Here are some of our favorite (well-made) dramas with that thriller-killer element.

Signal (2016)

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/serial_1.jpg

Signal ranks high on my list of favorite K-dramas, and it’s my go-to recommendation for anyone looking for a mystery thriller to watch. The acting is terrific, the characters are well-rounded and compelling, and the plot hits my favorite sweet spot between being a bit of a procedural whodunit while also having an engaging overarching story that ties everything together. Said story follows Park Hae-young (Lee Je-hoon), a criminal profiler, and detective Cha Soo-hyung (Kim Hye-soo), who are both assigned to a newly established cold-case division.

But this isn’t your typical drama featuring cops on the hunt for serial killers because there’s an added element of magical realism thrown into the mix — which sounds like an absolute recipe for disaster on paper, I know. Except, Signal executes it perfectly by keeping the magic simple and restricting it to one single plot element: a walkie talkie that that allows Hae-young to communicate with Lee Jae-han (Jo Jin-woong), a detective living in the past and working the cases while the serial killers are still actively hunting their victims. Having the characters work the same cases simultaneously but in two different timelines is a stroke of genius. We aren’t just rooting for our characters to identify the killers, we’re hoping that our heroes will arrest the murderers in time to save lives and alter the future, something that becomes keenly important to our present-day characters who want to save Jae-han from a mysterious end.
@daebakgrits

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/08/five-drama-recommendations-for-well-made-serial-killer-thrillers/

• 6 months later...

[Drama catnip] Fighting against fate

by solstices

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/sol_signal.jpeg

When tragedy has already been etched into the chronograph of history, how can anyone hope to defy the flow of time and space? How can anyone possibly parse through the chaos that is sure to follow, and rewrite the past into something better?

When it comes to a race against time, who can forget Lee Je-hoon, Jo Jin-woong, and Kim Hye-soo in Signal? Their steely determination to prevent horrific crimes committed in the past, via their tenuous link through time, had me rooting for them to succeed despite the odds. Similarly, the camaraderie of the trio in While You Were Sleeping shone through as they used their premonitory dreams to alter the present, with an extra side of sass from our leading lady.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/drama-catnip-fighting-against-fate/

• 5 months later...

Keeping the thread alive.

LG, drama writer Kim Eun-hee of 'Signal' and 'Kingdom' in the Lotte match on the August 23rd

https://sports.news.nate.com/view/20230822n21324

Writer Kim Eun-hee is one of Korea's leading drama writers, and her representative works include 'Sign', 'Signal', and 'Kingdom'. Recently, her first occult genre drama 'Demon', which she wrote for the first time, has been greatly loved, with the highest rating of 11.2%. Writer Kim Eun-hee, who is usually known as an LG Twins fan, participated in the first pitch to pray for the team's victory that day.

https://sports.news.nate.com/view/20230822n21324

• 2 months later...

“If I had a wish as an actor...” Lee Je-hoon expressed his earnest wish to writer Kim Eun-hee to write Season 2 of ‘Signal’, and Yoo Jae-seok also strongly agreed (You Quiz)

208772_323253_732.jpg

Actor Lee Je-hoon sent a signal to ‘genre master’ writer Kim Eun-hee. He asked writer Kim Eun-hee to write Season 2 of the drama 'Signal', expressing his wish for her to become an actress. Lee Je-hoon said on the tvN entertainment program 'You Quiz on the Block' that aired on the 19th, "If writer Kim Eun-hee is watching, I hope she can write a story about what happens after (Signal's ending)."

208772_323258_1357.png

'Signal', which aired in 2016, is a drama about detectives from the past and the present who are connected by a radio signal from the past and solve a long-standing unsolved case through a special joint investigation. Lee Je-hoon played the role of elite profiler Park Hae-young.

Lee Je-hoon recalled the first filming site of ‘Signal’. Lee Je-hoon said, “I think it was my first time experiencing something like that,” and recalled, “I had to look at my senior’s face and say the lines, but I couldn’t remember any of them.” Lee Je-hoon said, "This is an actress I considered an idol when I was young, and the moment I actually met her on set was so nerve-wracking and emotional. I think I couldn't come to my senses because I was acting as a fan of senior Hye-soo."

Lee Je-hoon recalled the first filming site of ‘Signal’. Lee Je-hoon said, “I think it was my first time experiencing something like that,” and recalled, “I had to look at my senior’s face and say the lines, but I couldn’t remember any of them.” Lee Je-hoon said, "This is an actress I considered an idol when I was young, and the moment I actually met her on set was so nerve-wracking and emotional. I think I couldn't come to my senses because I was acting as a fan of senior Hye-soo."

208772_323252_421.jpg

Lee Je-hoon said, “I hope to write another story with Jin-woong and senior Hye-soo,” and said that he would like to work with other actors who appeared together in ‘Signal’. Yoo Jae-seok said he always liked the drama ‘Signal’. Yoo Jae-seok also said, "Writer Eun-hee Kim! You must be having a hard time writing your work, but as a fan of 'Signal 2,' I will also wait for it."

https://www.huffingtonpost.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=208772

• Love 1

4 hours ago, liddi said:

Apparently Kim Eun Hee stated recently that Signal S2 is in the works. Please don't let this be another false hope, but let it finally come true, after 7 long years!

It was in the works last year too from what I read. Perhaps she did not finish and wrote other dramas instead.

I wish Kim Eun Hee will tell the audience once and for all if she will write another season or not. 

I don`t need another season but if she will write it, I will watch.

Will Kim Eun-hee return to ‘Signal 2’? "Soon" notice 'all waves'

https://thumbnews.nateimg.co.kr/view610///news.nateimg.co.kr/orgImg/sw/2023/10/30/20231030522660.jpg

On the 28th, a special lecture by writer Kim Eun-hee on ‘Communicating through Drama’ was held at the Kim Soo-hyun Drama Art Hall. After the lecture was held at the Cheongmyeong Hall of the Cheongju National Museum, reviews of the lecture were shared in various online communities and SNS.

What is particularly eye-catching is the content about her next work. Some netizens raised expectations by saying, “They say ‘Signal 2’ is coming out soon.” Writer Kim Eun-hee, known as the ‘master of genre’, is a representative Korean writer who left behind representative works such as SBS’ ‘Sign’, tvN’s ‘Signal’, and Netflix’s ‘Kingdom’. All of the works she wrote were successful at the box office with high viewer ratings, and she rose to the top of the industry with the love of the public.

Writer Kim, who achieved great success with her first terrestrial drama, swept the Baeksang Arts Awards for Best Picture and Original Screenplay with ‘Signal’ and led the globalization of K-drama through overseas remakes. Expectations are high on whether the glory of ‘Signal’, which still maintains a sizable fandom for the work, can be recreated.

Meanwhile, writer Kim Eun-hee signed an exclusive contract with Media Labsiso, an agency headed by broadcaster Song Eun-i, last June.

https://news.nate.com/view/20231030n35213?mid=n0100

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

@larus
Thank you for the continuous updates! Maybe 2024 will finally be our year?!?!? 
I am currently rewatching Signal and this drama is just a timeless gem. 

Everything from the acting, the plot and the cinematography is 10/10. 

Honestly, no other drama has me pining for a sequel after so many years, and I've been watching kdrams since around 2006. I still truly wish that we will see a season 2 one day … Meanwhile, the Korean version got dubbed in German and the Japanese version even got a movie!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Thank you for the continuous updates! Maybe 2024 will finally be our year?!?!? 
I am currently rewatching Signal and this drama is just a timeless gem. 

Everything from the acting, the plot and the cinematography is 10/10. 

I read that season 2 was almost produced.

"There was a movement to produce 'Signal 2', but there were circumstances, big and small, that ultimately led to it being canceled." link

I will rewatch the first season if they will announce they will do for sure the second season.

On 2/13/2024 at 7:35 PM, larus said:

I read that season 2 was almost produced.

"There was a movement to produce 'Signal 2', but there were circumstances, big and small, that ultimately led to it being canceled." link

I will rewatch the first season if they will announce they will do for sure the second season.

For a long time, I never wanted to accept the ending as it is. But now, with my 4th or smt rewatch 😆, I had a realisation: The open ending symbolizes the continuous struggle against corruption, but it also gives us hope and perseverance to change our future for the better. Therefore, the ending really fits the overall tone of the series. 

Nevertheless, it is still a disheartening to learn that a second season had been in the works, but now we might never see it come to fruition?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Nevertheless, it is still a disheartening to learn that a second season had been in the works, but now we might never see it come to fruition?!

From the article I read last year, I was sure that the writer Kim Eun hee will write the second season.

I am not a fan of seasonal dramas. I am not waiting for the new season as a must but if there will be season 2 of Signal , I will watch. I was satisfied with the ending of S1.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

20240314022010_signal1-.jpeg?s=900x600&eSignal” Writer Kim Eun Hee Confirms Production Of Season 2

Mar 14, 2024
by S. Kim

A sequel to tvN’s hit drama “Signal” has been confirmed for production!

On March 13 (local time), star writer Kim Eun Hee and B.A. Entertainment CEO Jang Won Seok attended an event held at La Sapienza University in Rome where they discussed Korean content along with other writers, actors, and producers.

During the event, director Jang Won Seok officially announced, “We are preparing Season 2 of the drama ‘Signal’ together with writer Kim Eun Hee.” It was reported that writer Kim Eun Hee and director Jang Won Seok, who previously worked together on the SBS drama “Revenant” in 2023, are also planning to work on a new project together.

First aired in 2016, “Signal” tells the story of a group of police detectives who use a mysterious radio that can broadcast from the past to solve cold cases. Talks of a new season came up as the final episode ended on a mysterious note that left the possibility of a future story open. “Signal” won Best Drama at the 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards and was praised as a well-made drama that maintained its high quality until the last episode with great acting by the lead actors Lee Je Hoon, Jo Jin Woong, Kim Hye Soo, and more. 

Are you excited for the new season of “Signal”? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

I just saw the news, and I am ecstatic shaking and crying!!!! I won't handle another fake news. Please make it happen this time!

It is an official confirmation. Probably it will air next year.

• Awesome 1

Writer Kim Eun-hee joins hands with 'Crime City' production company to prepare 'Signal 2'

03.18803767.1.jpg

Writer Kim Eun-hee produces Season 2 of ‘Signal’. Writer Kim Eun-hee said, 'The power of K-content, what is the secret to the Korean movie and drama craze?' held at the Korean archives room at La Sapienza University in Rome, Italy on March 13 (local time). He attended the 'Meeting with Writers, Actors, and Producers' event along with actor Oh Jeong-se and Jang Won-seok, CEO of BA Entertainment, which produced the movie 'Crime City' series.

CEO Jang Won-seok announced that he is preparing to produce Season 2 of 'Signal' with writer Kim Eun-hee. CEO Jang said, "Korea is a small country, so competition is quite fierce. Only works that have overcome tremendous competition are being made into dramas and movies. As a result of such efforts, Korean content such as 'Squid Game' is becoming a hit around the world. “I think there is,” he said. Writer Kim also agreed with CEO Jang's argument that high-quality content is produced due to fierce competition in the Korean market.

'Signal' is a drama that aired on tvN in 2016, and depicts detectives from the present and the past, connected by desperate radio calls from the past, digging back into old unsolved cases. Actors Lee Je-hoon, Kim Hye-soo, and Cho Jin-woong played the lead roles, and it recorded the highest viewership rating of 12.5%, receiving recognition for both box office success and workability. Along with this, demands for the production of ‘Signal 2’ continued.

Writer Kim, as well as the actors who appeared, did not hide their affection for 'Signal' and expressed their intention to produce 'Signal 2'. Writer Kim said, “There is definitely something to talk about in ‘Signal.’ I have the desire and will to make season 2 of ‘Signal’ in some way. I really want to show it to you before I retire.”

https://www.hankyung.com/article/202403140127H

• Like 1

Signal K-Drama Writer Kim Eun-Hee Confirms Season 2

By Varsha Narayanan

Popular K-drama Signal is returning for Season 2. On Thursday, March 14, 2024, writer Kim Eun-Hee’s agency officially announced the news to local outlets, saying (originally in Korean), “Writer Kim Eun-Hee is currently preparing the script for Season 2 of Signal.” The series follows a group of police detectives who use a radio to solve cases. The walkie-talkie radio uses broadcasts from the past, through which these detectives dig into unsolved cases.

Signal boasted a stellar cast, including Lee Je-Hoon, Kim Hye-Soo, and Cho Jin-Woong, who play the lead roles. The series became significantly popular among viewers, and fans eagerly await the second season, which just confirmed production.

Popular K-drama Signal is returning for Season 2. On Thursday, March 14, 2024, writer Kim Eun-Hee’s agency officially announced the news to local outlets, saying (originally in Korean), “Writer Kim Eun-Hee is currently preparing the script for Season 2 of Signal.” The series follows a group of police detectives who use a radio to solve cases. The walkie-talkie radio uses broadcasts from the past, through which these detectives dig into unsolved cases.

Signal boasted a stellar cast, including Lee Je-Hoon, Kim Hye-Soo, and Cho Jin-Woong, who play the lead roles. The series became significantly popular among viewers, and fans eagerly await the second season, which just confirmed production.

https://www.comingsoon.net/k-drama/news/1601396-signal-k-drama-writer-kim-eun-hee-confirms-season-2

Signal Season 2, the highly acclaimed tvN drama, is set to make its return after 8 years, stirring excitement among fans

Return of highly acclaimed tvN drama Signal Season 2 after 8 years stirs excitement among fans, as creator Kim Eun-hee plans to unravel untold stories and bring new vitality to the Korean drama industry.

AI Writer, Kpopmap Editor

1289195.jpg

Kim Eun-hee, the writer, and Jang Won-seok, the CEO of BI Entertainment, recently announced the production plans for Signal Season 2 during a lecture in Rome, Italy. This news has brought waves of joy to drama enthusiasts, expecting to inject new vitality into the Korean drama industry.

During its initial broadcast in 2016, Signal received immense love for its unique setup that connected the past with the present and its suspenseful storyline, achieving a peak viewership rating of 13.4%, marking a significant success. Kim Eun-hee has repeatedly expressed her desire to unravel the stories untold in Signal through season 2. Finally, Kim and Jang have announced their readiness to present the next chapter of this drama that transcends the boundaries of time to the fans.

Kim Eun-hee emphasized her determination to produce Signal Season 2, mentioning that actors from the previous season have shown great expectation and willingness to participate in the sequel. This has heightened interest in whether main actors such as Cho Jin-woong, Kim Hye-soo, and Lee Je-hoon will return for season 2. Fans are eagerly hoping for the return of the lead actors through social media.

The production news of Signal Season 2 is expected to be a milestone in highlighting the depth and diversity of Korean dramas. Fans are already heating up social media and online communities with analyses and speculations about the information released, eagerly anticipating if the drama will captivate the audience once again.

While the exact broadcast schedule or additional casting news for Signal Season 2 has yet to be revealed, its return is undoubtedly a significant gift to fans. Stay tuned for more updates on Signal Season 2, which is poised to make a new mark in the history of Korean dramas.

https://www.kpopmap.com/signal-season-2-the-highly-acclaimed-tvn-drama-is-set-to-make-its-return-after-8-years-stirring-excitement-among-fans/

• Like 1
  • Blob 1