[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@AsveriaPSJ you and your mom’s reviews/thoughts were such a great read, lots of things I agree with and a lot that moved me so much:

I especially love these parts:

14 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Saeroy basically beat the richard simmons out of his past self. He beat the last anger out of himself. And that’s also why his words were “I feel I can be happy now” and “let’s be happy”

So, Jo Yiseo met Saeroy and she felt something, that society denied she could ever feel. Sympathy. That then blossomed into love. She met a bitter man, who still lives in his past hence has trouble sleeping sweet nights and wanted to help him to feel happy again. It’s neither obsession or “doing everything for a man”. She was growing with him emotionally. He was the only person in her circle to ever challenge her, either confronting her openly or unknowingly showing with his own example of what should be done. And love is always about wanting to see the person you love happy and smiling. So, while everyone saw only his strength and admired him for that, she saw his vulnerability and wanted to protect him.

but what would she do, if she ended up being late and he actually died the same way as his dad? Would “self-preservation” and “realism” sound as appealing as right now, if at the end the result of you staying quite could lead to a person’s death? That’s what happens every day around the world. Millions of workers stay quiet when they could be big voices and it sometimes affects others in a negative way. And that’s what we call “realistic smart queens”? The writer clearly wanted to show everyone, that path Oh Sooah initially choose was not right.

I like my mom’s words when I said that some people open about wanting Park Saeroy to achieve everything by himself: “Isn’t it just too cruel? The guy suffered alone a lot. Life beat the hell out of him, it broke his heart and mind, he was alone for almost a decade, fighting and working in bitter nights without any help. And when he finally started to see a light at the end of the tunnel and receiving helping hands, suddenly people still want him to continue his fights alone. Why? Would you ever wish that kind of life upon yourself? Or would you rather have great people around you to be your support?

So, in conclusion, after reading all these wonderful nuggets, I now understand why your thoughts about the show from previous posts were really awesome because you also have an amazing mom. I love your mom. She would be so great to watch movies/dramas with :wub:

p.s. can I sometimes join you both when you watch dramas? hehe...

• Like 3

@AsveriaPSJ wow reading you and your mom's amazing effort with insightful review of the drama makes me more understand the characters and i couldn't agree more.. love IC even more

Such a nice thing to read in such a difficulty time here in my country with moving control order 

A big thanks to you and your mom and send my warmest regards to her :kiss_wink:

Virtual hugs

• Like 1

I didnt read webtoon but I really enjoyed talking about the IC on this thread. Probably the first kdrama that I was engrossed & watched closely from start to finish. Reading everyone's opinions about the show was fun & insightful, whether it be negative or positive. Hope to see some of you in other threads! There's so much drama airing this month & I can't keep up with all them but it sure was a pleasure discussing the show y'all. 

At first I wasn't going to watch this due to a bunch of online reviewers complaining about the 2nd half of the show and the ending. After the quarantine hit, I decided to take some time to watch it on netflix and loved it from beginning to end. This is a great show and I found it inspiring. Loved all the characters, though it took me some time to get used to Yiseo. The only thing I didn't really like was the romance, it felt forced. 

But anyhow, I learned a valuable lesson: Don't rely on random opinions online ^_^

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what to say about this drama except "I LOVE THIS SO MUCH !" 

I just binge watched it in 3 days during this lockdown and I was so so pleased. One of my favorite dramas ever. I hope this will have some awards because this is worth it. I totally understand the good increasing ratings. Park so Joon and his co lead actresses were very convincing and touching in this show. The support actors working in DanBam were also very good. The bad guys were very invested in their roles of evil. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1