[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

Making film/behind the scene from teaser drama and poster photoshoot has released on OCN youtube channel.

Lee Sunkyun sent Coffee truck to support the Lies Within drama, especially for director Lee Yoonjung and actor Lee Minki. They're previously working together on Taerung National Village drama (2005).

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stills

art_15688568250767_c667fc.jpg

The steel cut released today (19th) captures Tae-shik looking at the surroundings with a rigid expression and Seo-hee catching them in a hurry. A quiet place with no one but the two, an unpredictable situation and blood stains on Seohee's lapel double the secret atmosphere. What happended to Seo Hee? 

https://www.newsinstar.com/news/article.html?no=50529

Actress Jo Ryun appears in the drama 'Everybody's Lie'.

1VODCAO0VX_1.jpg

Jo-Ryun plays White Hye, who helps the protagonist Kim Seo-hee (Lee Yoo-young) become a member of the National Assembly. It is expected to make a strong impact by transforming itself into a moving character to fully satisfy the party's interests and individual desires.

https://news.joins.com/article/23584985

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말 - Sat & Sun @ 22:20 KST - Lee Min Ki & Lee Yoo Young - Premieres on October 12th

Lee Min Ki On Why He Picked His Upcoming Role In Thriller, How He Spends Time Between Projects, And More

Sep 25, 2019
by S. Cho
05da74e4fe6d4fb494e0a009ccf976e8.jpeg?s=

Ahead of his new drama, Lee Min Ki participated in a photo shoot and interview with Marie Claire.

Taking on his first role in a thriller, the actor expressed his own curiosity during the interview, saying, “After filming ‘The Beauty Inside,’ I did some work for the DVD production and then I went on a vacation to a little island by myself. I received the offer for ‘The Lies Within’ early on, so I couldn’t do any other work. I hadn’t had much interest in the thriller genre before that, so I studied it. To be honest, my character is not very special. But that’s why I was drawn to it. Thrillers usually revolve around a case, but ‘The Lies Within’ follows a case and draws attention towards the characters. While detectives in other shows or movies usually have special abilities, my character Jo Tae Sik is just regular. I liked seeing how an average person handles these cases.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1354651wpp/lee-min-ki-on-why-he-picked-his-upcoming-role-in-thriller-how-he-spends-time-between-projects-and-more

Lee Yoo Young Is Nervous But Determined On The Campaign Trail In “The Lies Within”

Sep 27, 2019
by S. Park
5cab6f7515474b23a31dbdadff5a66b2.jpeg?s=

OCN’s “The Lies Within” gave viewers a peek at Lee Yoo Young’s character.

This upcoming thriller is about a woman named Kim Seo Hee (played by Lee Yoo Young), who becomes a member of the National Assembly after the sudden death of her father and the disappearance of her husband, and a detective named Jo Tae Shik (played by Lee Min Ki), who is determined to solve the mystery behind every death.

On September 27, the network released stills of Lee Yoo Young, who is returning to OCN for the first time in two years after her debut drama “Tunnel.”

In the stills, Kim Seo Hee is campaigning for votes. She takes the mic to campaign for a seat in the National Assembly after a grim personal situation in which her husband disappeared on the day her father died. Explaining her character, Lee Yoo Young said, “Seo Hee, who had lived an ordinary life, decides to become a National Assembly member after a big incident.”

Kim Seo Hee is unable to hide the nervous expression on her face as she holds the mic in her hands. “How can I, when I don’t know anything, become a National Assembly member?” says Kim Seo Hee. Her expression, however, changes into a warm smile as she holds hands and dances with other women, and she becomes determined to be elected.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355205wpp/lee-yoo-young-is-nervous-but-determined-on-the-campaign-trail-in-the-lies-within

Lee Yoo-young runs for Congress to save her husband in The Lies Within

by tineybeanie

campaignyoo2.jpg

Lee Min-ki (Beauty Inside) and Lee Yoo-young’s (My Fellow Citizens) upcoming political thriller, The Lies Within (formerly Everyone’s Lie), has released more still cuts of its main characters. The plot is centered around a woman, played by Lee Yoo-young, whose prominent lawmaker father suddenly dies. The husband that she married as a political alliance between their families also goes missing.

Despite the fact that their marriage wasn’t going well, she decides that she must find and save him. In order to pursue the truth, she jumps into the fray and runs for Congress. Lee Min-ki plays the jaded regional investigations detective who can’t pass by a suspicious death. Together, they team up and go after the hidden forces that have perpetuated these crimes.

The theme of The Lies Within is that “The greatest tragedy of this era is not the cries of evil actors, but the silence of good men and women.” When Lee Min-ki was asked about why he had chosen to take this role, he said that he liked this detective character because he didn’t have a great rank or extraordinary skills, and was a completely ordinary person. As such, the character is very human, and easy to relate to.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/lee-yoo-young-runs-for-congress-to-save-her-husband-in-the-lies-within/

Watch: Lee Min Ki and Lee Yoo Young’s Lives Are Thrown Into Chaos In “The Lies Within”

Sep 29, 2019
by J. Lim

c668aa77a61e4d2ca28dd979863d409d.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming weekend drama “The Lies Within” has shared a thrilling main teaser video that shows Lee Min Ki and Lee Yoo Young standing in the middle of a mystery that puts their lives in peril.

“The Lies Within” is set to premiere on October 12 and tells the story of Kim Seo Hee (played by Lee Yoo Young), a woman who becomes a member of the National Assembly in order to save her missing husband after the mysterious death of her father, and Jo Tae Sik (played by Lee Min Ki), a detective who chases after the truth and refuses to leave a single death unsolved.

The teaser begins with Jo Tae Sik saying, “On the same day, one died and another disappeared,” and viewers see flashes of a woman rushing somewhere barefoot, a body, the scene of a car accident, and Kim Seo Hee looking shocked. Along with the scenes are the text, “My husband has disappeared with the truth. Someone is lying.” The man who has died from the car accident is her father and four-time Assemblyman Kim Seung Chul (played by Kim Jong Soo). Her voice shakes as she says, “My father died by suicide?”

Jo Tae Sik remarks, “You didn’t come to the funeral,” to which she replies, “I had a business trip” and later receives a phone call from a man who says, “If you do everything I say, I’ll tell you everything.” As Jo Tae Sik continues to investigate, he begins to feel that the car accident wasn’t really an accident, and Kim Seo Hee receives a text message that says, “Congratulations. This is a gift I’m sending you.” In the park, a small box can be seen by itself, and the peaceful park is suddenly filled with Kim Seo Hee’s screams and horrified people.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355659wpp/watch-lee-min-ki-and-lee-yoo-youngs-lives-are-thrown-into-chaos-in-the-lies-within

September 29 2019

Main trailer for OCN drama series “The Lies Within”

The_Lies_Within-mp1.jpg

Main trailer added for OCN drama series “The Lies Within” starring Lee Min-Ki and Lee Yoo-Young. The main trailer begins with Lee Min-Ki’s voice stating “On the same day, one person died and the other person disappeared.” Captions in the main trailer teases (0:07) “Husband who disappeared with the truth,” (0:13) “Somebody is telling a lie,” (0:17) “Who?” and (0:24) “Why, were they killed?”

“The Lies Within” first airs October 12, 2019 in South Korea.

The_Lies_Within-mp1SM1.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/main-trailer-for-ocn-drama-series-the-lies-within

@larus I'm waiting for this. I like the lead stars I like the plot. I want drama that's dark and gritty and myterious. (I drop Vagabond as it  just doesn't cut it for me) I'm hoping this political thriller will be good one. A dramatic suspense thriller.  I feel this has more drama and more chilling. It's OCN it should be.

ctto koreandrama_tr

EFGJ_xZWkAEjdIb.jpg

EFGJ_xZWwAAWA1V.jpg

6 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm waiting for this. I like the lead stars I like the plot. I want drama that's dark and gritty and myterious. (I drop Vagabond as it  just doesn't cut it for me) I'm hoping this political thriller will be good one. A dramatic suspense thriller.  I feel this has more drama and more chilling. It's OCN it should be.

I`ve not started Vagabond yet. I don`t have time right now but I am seriously thinking if I will even start it. I am reading that the writing has problems and it is a pity. I wished for a good action drama but once again, the script does not live up to expectations. I think it is the hardest genre to make. 

I am hopping for a good political thriller too. More than political, I think it is a suspence thriller drama. The cast is good, now the script has to be good as well. Fingers crossed.

Soompi's article covered drama press con

Lee Min Ki, Lee Yoo Young, And More Talk About Appearing In New Thriller Drama “The Lies Within”

Lee Min Ki, Lee Yoo Young, And More Talk About Appearing In New Thriller Drama “The Lies Within”

Oct 2, 2019
by S. Park

The cast of “The Lies Within” amped up excitement for their drama.

The OCN thriller series is about a woman who becomes a National Assembly member in order to save her missing husband, who disappeared following the mysterious death of her father, and a detective who refuses to leave a single death unresolved.

On October 1, a press conference was held for “The Lies Within” with Lee Yoo Young, Lee Min Ki, On Joo Wan, Seo Hyun Woo, and director Lee Yoon Jung in attendance.

Director Lee Yoon Jung is making her first attempt at the thriller genre through “The Lies Within” after previously directing “Coffee Prince” and “Cheese in the Trap.” “I heard that we did a good job creating the title ‘The Lies Within,'” began the director. “All of the characters appearing here have lies and different sides to them. The actors also don’t know who the criminal is. It’s a drama that will make you chase after the criminal, and it will make you curious about what truth is and what the lie is.”

The-Lies-Within_1-XPN.jpg

Lee Min Ki and Lee Yoo Young are also trying something new in this drama. The actor appears as a detective named Jo Tae Sik in his first-ever thriller.

Lee Min Ki and the director previously worked together in the 2005 MBC drama “Korean National Training Center” (literal title). About starring in his first-ever thriller, the actor said, “Director Lee Yoon Jung and I go way back, so I was happy when I got a call from her. I trust her, so it wasn’t hard to make a decision.” He added, “A lot of time has passed by, but it feels like we went back in time and are filming.”

The-Lies-Within_2-XPN.jpg

Returning to OCN two years after her debut drama “Tunnel,” Lee Yoo Young portrays Kim Seo Hee, the youngest daughter of a prestigious National Assembly member. “The project was really good, and it was an honor that the director asked me to work with her,” said the actress. “I was confident that there would be good synergy if the director and this project were to meet.”

The actress continued, “Kim Seo Hee is a character who becomes a National Assembly member but doesn’t know anything about the work of the National Assembly. I wanted to try it because they said the character was the daughter of a chaebol family, and I had only done hard things until now. But she’s an ugly duckling and endures difficulty.”

Spoiler

The-Lies-Within_3-XPN.jpg

On Joo Wan and Seo Hyun Woo will add tension in the drama by playing Jin Young Min and In Dong Koo, respectively. Seo Hyun Woo explained, “I first met director Lee Yoon Jung through a one-act play. At the time, I portrayed an uncle who lived in the countryside. She offered me a character with a very different feeling this time, so I wanted to try it. I’m happy I can comfortably speak and interact with the director.”

Spoiler

The-Lies-Within_5-XPN.jpg

“I suspect everyone on set except Lee Min Ki, who is investigating the case,” stated On Joo Wan. “We still suspect each other on set and repeatedly ask, ‘Are you the criminal?’ Because of that, the set has a nervous atmosphere.”

He added, “Be suspicious of everyone. I hope you’ll find who’s lying for the truth.”

Spoiler

The-Lies-Within_4-XPN.jpg

“The Lies Within” premieres on October 12. Check out the latest teaser here!

Source (1)

The highlight teaser is out on OCN yt channel. It's 5 minutes long and more supporting cast appear like the detective team and also the people around conggress woman. Seems like the murder mystery is more complicated and maybe there are some politic conspiration behind?

@larus @jongski yea maybe the press con is too early, but another drama from OCN like The Running Mates also held the press con about one week earlier ahead its premiere. I think the production will more focus on the shooting since they are already filming the mid part. 

Archived