Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

I am so excited to find LJH in this drama and sad when I learned  he is just a cameo. :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

@triplem I am so sad knowing that scene is just a dream. I was waiting for LJH to act a romance scene like that but it was such a short while. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

The short hair lady detective start to grow on me.

Especially with her essay " They murdered him because they jealous Sang Hun is too handsome ".

I approved her theory! :joy::joy::joy:

Pfft! He must approved it too :mrgreen:

PQVth8P.jpg

• LOL 12

@Lawyerh she is a bit over the top but the drama desperately needs her and her nerdy sidekick to provide much needed comic relief or the whole drama would just be so morbid and macabre.  They act like little relief valves to bring down the intensity a couple of notches before the other characters ramp it back up again.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I had a good read of everyone's post and am intrigued by all your theories. I rewatch both ep 1 and 2.

@bedifferent @nrllee  just like to comment/add something to the timeline. You stated 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:14 AM, bedifferent said:

Days before:       girl's suicide

Days before:       argument between Sang Hoon + Assemblyman Kim; Sang Hoon left to Song-ju that night

Days before:       divorce paper given to Sang Hoon

3/3    5:26pm      both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed

Does the Days before means they are all taking place on the  same day before KSC's accident?  We were not given a date stamped so it's questionable when this took place it could days or weeks.

Both SH and JSH were seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Sonju. When JTS question SH on why she went after JSH she said it was to give him the divorce papers, but we were not shown in her flashback that she gave him the papers. This took place on the day Of KSC's accident not the day before because the clothes they are wearing are different. 

When JSH was arguing with KPY (as imagined by the lady at Hui Suk) he was wearing the same outfit when he was at the freeway with SH. I assume he was in a hurry then to meet with KPY.

There is another scene that I'm puzzled abt, SH was driving and over the radio is an announcement of KSC's death 'last night' SH was crying and calling someone on the phone and she says 'why isn't he picking up' she must be calling JSH.

15 hours ago, noor1 said:

KSH can be the ultimate unreliable narrator because we are being shown flashbacks she remembers - that could be the biggest twist and also fit into the title 'Everyone's Lies / The lies within.' Maybe she has a double / split personality,

Spot on, I too am confused with her actions. The scene showing JSH and KSC working together in the hotel room was only in her flashback we do not know if it took place as she imagined it.

The scene of her walking in the rain made me think that she could be mentally unstable.  

My take on the suicide girl. Could she be KSC's daughter with another woman and someone is threatening to expose her?  The girl may have decide to take her life to save KSC"s image. That was JSH and KSC's argument when JSH implies KSC was afraid of his reputation collapsing? Was that what SH's mom meant when she said 'your dad's life wasn't as flawless?

Haha of course this is just my take on things. Can't wait for ep3

• Like 3
  • Insightful 6

@imgreatgal Excellent, yes, you are correct.  She said she followed him to give the divorce papers but we actually saw him drove away.  So either the divorce paper was already delivered days before or was planted there afterward to give her an alibi.  The envelope was not wet so could not have been given or planted on that rainy day. In either case, she lied or what happened in the beginning is not the truth, not sure who recalled the highway meeting (if it even happened at all).  

The weird thing is he disappeared after the teahouse meeting abandoning his car.  I don’t think he purposely abandoned the car because it is not locked. He would have locked it before walking to the teahouse.  Did someone pick him up from the teahouse? If he was running away from someone, wouldn’t he run back to his car?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

20 hours ago, nrllee said:

@Lawyerh she is a bit over the top but the drama desperately needs her and her nerdy sidekick to provide much needed comic relief or the whole drama would just be so morbid and macabre.  They act like little relief valves to bring down the intensity a couple of notches before the other characters ramp it back up again.

@nrllee I like your reasoning, but it really took Me way too long for her to grow on me. 

• LOL 4

So this is on Netflix? Oooh... ooh... Might take a gander. Although realistically there aren't enough hours in a day.

There are a few vaguely interesting dramas but nothing has that "must watch" vibe that Camellia has at the moment. 

Netflix's really expanding their K drama catalogue right now. No complains from me ;)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

So this is on Netflix? Oooh... ooh... Might take a gander. Although realistically there aren't enough hours in a day.

There are a few vaguely interesting dramas but nothing has that "must watch" vibe that Camellia has at the moment. 

Netflix's really expanding their K drama catalogue right now. No complains from me ;)

If you have time , I would recommend this - 1st two eps was pretty good . I was wondering if I should have tagged you because LJH has a very big cameo :D

@liltash85 I share your sadness . That is probably as much romance we will get from LJH given his penchant to play dubious characters. :lol:

17 hours ago, bedifferent said:

If he was running away from someone, wouldn’t he run back to his car?

I was under the impression he was chasing someone..the union leader ...

So based on all the theories about the bad photo , I think it’s a message   he is sending to someone who knows him well ( likely SH)  . It could be somewhere that he & SH have been together. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Finally Lee Yoo Young back to OCN after Tunnel. I had watched her in several dramas and movies before. A hardworking actress. Beside that, it is my first time watching Lee Min Ki's drama. Although there is no loveline in this drama, I can see their interaction in behind the scene. And there are some familiar supporting actors such as two rookie police(watched them in drama The Guest).  The director is famous in her previous works such as coffee prince, cheese in the trap and etc. I think this is her first time shooting this kind of genre.  I had watched till ep2.  The storyline is good.  I will continue to watch it. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, triplem said:

If you have time , I would recommend this - 1st two eps was pretty good . I was wondering if I should have tagged you because LJH has a very big cameo :D

I wasn't that impressed with the first half of the Episode 1. Maybe I'm getting cranky in my old age... but sheesh... so many obnoxious/silly/unlikable people... and I'm not even talking about the baddies!

;)

But thankfully I persevered and the second half was so much better when the real investigation started to kick in. The male lead started doing his due diligence and started thinking like a real cop rather than being the straight guy in a comedy duo. That was a relief. I still don't like his sidekick much although she has her moments.

Speaking of LJH, I've always liked LJH's hands but honestly I much prefer them attached to the rest of his body. I am grateful that we didn't get his beautiful face in that box instead... (that could change of course... I'm only done with the first episode) 

Yes, grateful for any small mercies in an OCN drama about murder and mayhem.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes, grateful for any small mercies in an OCN drama about murder and mayhem.

Ditto.  Ep1 had me tensing up every time the camera panned in on children playing...both times the child witnesses gore... they’ll need therapy :mellow:

• Like 5

Question Is this drama a pre-production???  I have feeling we will be mislead a lot in this drama. 
1. That women who killed herself at the be of Ep 1? Made me think Hubby was having an affair??

2. Turns out hubby and FIL was working together on a mystery? 
3. When was hubby kidnapped?? I fee hubby was kidnapped first before FIL died?

4. Hubby’s father seems very evil . He seems to be very fake toward hi DIL? 
5. SH was blackmailed with her husband’s corpse with phones video? FIL -> Did he give his ok to scare DIL ??
6. Reall culprit used her as bait or conspirators on the death of her husband?

Will come back with more of my POV

• Like 5

[HanCinema's News] "The Lies Within" Gains Momentum in Rebroadcasts

Save

2019/10/17 | 177 views | Permalink

photo1112157.jpg

"The Lies Within" was largely an unknown quantity when it first aired. The OCN drama centers around a detective who can't leave any death unnoticed. Lee Min-ki was cast in the lead role, and though the actor is well-known, viewers weren't sure how to place him in the style of a hard-boiled OCN detective serial.

Viewers have been surprised to find that Lee Min-ki's naturalistic acting style that has made him popular in romances translates quite well to the serial mystery format. His character's extremely sharp demeanor when it comes to seeing through lies is reminiscent of his often blunt outlook as a lead in romances.

Lee Yoo-young has also found appreciative fans in her role as the apparently normal woman trying to cope with her father's death and her husband's disappearance while in the midst of politically motivated media appearances. Lee Yoo-young is best known for her subtle roles in minor films, and "The Lies Within" has been her first real mainstream exposure.

The production company behind "The Lies Within" explained the apparently unusual casting of the drama by stating that the actors had perfect understanding and enthusiasm for their characters. As interest in the drama grows, it would seem that faith in their abilities was not misplaced.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

16 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

Lee Yoo-young is best known for her subtle roles in minor films, and "The Lies Within" has been her first real mainstream exposure.

Err writer needs to do his research.  She was splendid in Tunnel.  And she was just as good in Dear Judge.  They were pretty main stream?  :huh:

I am glad it’s building momentum.  I am waiting to see how it will unfold.  Lots of questions in my mind which need answers :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@nrllee I agree . 

14 hours ago, nrllee said:

Err writer needs to do his research.  She was splendid in Tunnel.  And she was just as good in Dear Judge.  They were pretty main stream?  :huh:

I am glad it’s building momentum.  I am waiting to see how it will unfold.  Lots of questions in my mind which need answers :lol:

I hv seen her as lead in several dramas !  And we’re talking big channels :lol: . Her last lead role before this was KBS’s Dear Citizens which did pretty well. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

they showed what happened in the hotel room when Sang Hun & the father in law met. (I am not sure if this is what actually went on or it’s someone guessing what may hv happened)

more cuts here . The best friend came to look for SH. He was in much grief about SH missing but I don’t know if we can trust him yet

Spoiler

SH campaigning in her father’s constituency 

Spoiler

By the end of this LJH  will hv no body parts left!  A foot this time 

preview

• Like 4

Just finished episode 3, and I will again say, I will be SHOCKED if the medical examiner, Soo-Jung, is not involved in this whole 'kidnapping' 'corruption' 'revenge' whatever it is: she is the one all the body parts are going back to, and she is the one who always identifies them to be his or that, and she is the one who is most probably providing them from storage to the actual killer / criminal (my bet is still on Ho Gyu, the younger detective who used to work in JQ, though now Young-Min doesn't look all innocent either, maybe he offed the girl and removed all the people who knew his secret) - and no one has yet connected the father and husband's disappearance with the girl's 'suicide' - I think corruption is just a side role in this; the real tale / question is who was that girl and why anyone would want Seo-Hee to be in assembly (or likes to see her get tortured.) Sang-Hun is alive and may yet return in one-piece to Seo-Hee by the end of this drama (she obviously loves him and vice versa, unless she's a psycho byutch who did away with him because of the girl or something - highly unlikely at this point, because audience has to root for someone, and it has to be her as the underdog who has been lied to, and is suffering - I mean, the girl is getting hit by eggs! Someone enjoys seeing her tortured: maybe it's Young-Min for rejecting him in favor of the CEO's son? or the ME, Soo-Jung for destroying her children's lives, helping Ho Gyu exact revenge on 2 families for the price of one, etc. etc.)

• Like 7