[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Lee Jung-jin joins Kim Eun-sook's Cast of "The King: Eternal Monarch"

0004461513_001_20190904050106512.jpg?typ

Actor Lee Jung-jin has joined Kim Eun-sook's new drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch" (story by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Baek Sang-hoon).

Lee Jung-jin stars as Lee Lim in the drama. Lee Lim is a character that Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) pursues to take revenge on. He is the person who conceived the seeds of fateful revenge and will give a boost to the drama's play opposite Lee Gon.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0004461513

• Like 7

https://ameblo.jp/minochoiyoung/entry-12521254911.html

o1235081814577046317.png?caw=800

Not every one has 2 roles in the drama.

o0319039714577065253.jpg?caw=800

Total 16 episodes with 70 minutes per episode.

o0684037114577056969.jpg?caw=800

As Chinese Wikipedia, Japanese Wikipedia also states that The King will be aired on Friday/Saturday. 

All photos credit to JapanMinoz白銀の月明かり-haruharu-

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi Heretorant

Me too- just hoping Netflix or Viki buy it

Please let it be Netflix! I love how it’s presubbed so I can watch it right away when it comes out! And it usually goes live one hour after the actual airing time in Korea so no long wait time at all. I’m not too sure how it works though. I don’t follow up with too many dramas but the ones i’ve watched so far on Netflix are TVN dramas. Do they invest in other network dramas as well? I love Viki too but I’m impatient and can’t wait for it to be fully subbed. I refresh the screen all day long to see when a drama is 100% subbed lol. I’d make my bet one or the other will be snatching it though. And really, i’ll just be ecstatic to have a place where I can watch it. 

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The King: The Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주 - Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun
On 9/6/2019 at 2:42 PM, Heretorant said:

Please let it be Netflix! I love how it’s presubbed so I can watch it right away when it comes out! And it usually goes live one hour after the actual airing time in Korea so no long wait time at all. I’m not too sure how it works though. I don’t follow up with too many dramas but the ones i’ve watched so far on Netflix are TVN dramas. Do they invest in other network dramas as well? I love Viki too but I’m impatient and can’t wait for it to be fully subbed. I refresh the screen all day long to see when a drama is 100% subbed lol. I’d make my bet one or the other will be snatching it though. And really, i’ll just be ecstatic to have a place where I can watch it. 

I thought I read somewhere that Netflix deletes shows after a while.  I'm sure I'll want to rewatch the drama many times:D.  One thing I do like about viki are the comments.  sometimes people can write some pretty funny things.  But, at the end of day, like you, as long as I can watch it, I don't care where I watch it.  

• Like 6

Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, writer Kim Eun Sook to attend the Script Reading for "The King: Eternal Monarch" today at 2pm!

0001130859_001_20190917111125644.jpg?type=w430View origi

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/213/0001130859

b36f46c04c104559ba43d9867d135350.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun’s Upcoming Fantasy Drama Begins Script Reading

Sep 17, 2019
by U. Kim

Upcoming SBS fantasy drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” will officially kick off its production process with a script reading today (September 17 KST).

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: The Eternal Monarch” stars Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun. Kim Eun Sook is the screenwriter behind hit dramas “Descendants of the Sun,” “Heirs,” “Goblin,” and “Mr. Sunshine.” Through this new drama, she is reuniting with her “Heirs” lead Lee Min Ho and “Goblin” lead Kim Go Eun.

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

On September 17, TV Report shared that the cast and staff of the drama will have their script reading today at 2 p.m. at a location in the neighborhood of Sangam in Seoul.

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” will begin shooting within the second half of this year and air in the first half of 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1352939wpp/lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-euns-upcoming-fantasy-drama-begins-script-reading

• Like 7

On 9/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, SophieH said:

Actor Lee Jung Jin shared his script reading photo on IG for The King

he said "its finally starting !! please look forward to it"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2k1ukxlrTl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

sorry, i'm not sure how to embed the IG post here. 

Hi @SophieH, here it is :)

• Like 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2-o2NIg0cG/?igshid=io6vm7lvh9fg

2020년 최고의 작품이 될 #더킹

미스터선샤인 이후 김은숙작가님 차기작

아름다운작품 

아름다운배우

시작합니다

Translation ↓↓

2020 best work will be #The King

Writer Kim Eun Sook's next work after Mr. Sunshine
Beautiful work

Beautiful actors

Start

EFnmyfmUYAAZLDi?format=jpg&name=large

cr. Machi

• Like 4

Translation.  ↓↓

One by one .
Making a hobby
Without rest for 10 years
A small gift to me

That white horse.
Coming soon in the drama!
Being cast
This week Tuesday here #Lee Min Ho will come

The drama The King The Eternal Monarch is by Kim Eun-suk and director Baek Sang-hoon, who created the Descendants of the Sun.
lots of expectations.

• Like 4

0000571547_001_20191004110543237.jpg?typ

According to multiple entertainment officials, Kim Yong-ji has been cast in SBS' "The King: The Eternal Monarch," which is expected to be the new drama by Kim Eun-sook. Kim Yong-ji is a newcomer who debuted last year with tvN's "Mr. Sunshine," which became the most talked-about drama of the year.

Kim Yong-ji will play two roles, including the role of Myung Seung-ah, who works at the public relations office of the Korean Empire. 

In addition, Myung Seung-ah is expected to show her unrequited love for the role of Cho Young-hwa, played by Woo Do-hwan, raising expectations for her love line with Woo Do-Hwan.

Above all, Kim Yong-ji is expected to be able to showcase her own charm, which she has failed to show all in "Mr. Sunshine." In "Mr. Sunshine," Kim showed off her dreamy charm as Hortaru, a Japanese astrologer who predicts the future with tarot points, and clearly shot eye prints to her fans, but she had no chance to speak because she was a silent character. As Kim Eun-sook recognized her potential as an actress, she is all the more curious about Kim Yong-ji's performance, which will also showcase her lines in her new work.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000571547

• Like 6