[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

37 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Send help? No worry! I got you covered:

right now, this is the only method I know. My head already hurts from all the theorizing :joy:

THIS WAS VERY HELPFUL THANKS PAL

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Yes, King is always first on the Netflix original while 2nd, 3rd etc. changes but they do not explain why it is that way though.

I see chocolate, Heirs, CLOY, Vagabond,  etc on trending every day not just one day so that is my frustration, why does it not stay on and was just shown on the day that I did not check. Actually I check after it shows e.g. Friday and Saturday but never see it trending or popular. 

https://www.netflix.com/browse

I wonder if you can see US Netflix from this link if you are not in the US. Scroll down to a little after "trending" and you can see Netflix Original, larger size picture  than trending or popular and LMH's handsome face.

@Joanna Alfson "I have seen under trending and popular. Is because when you already have it under watchlist or watching it dosent show in other sections and genres but in your watch area?"

That is an interesting concept but don't you have it on your watch list since you are watching it as well but you have seen it in those categories. ?

I think it does not show on trending if you are watching the show or have episodes dowloaded because using my brother’s account I can see TKEM trending in my country but if I used mine, it is nit anymore in trending prob because I have downloaded the episodes or is in the middle of watching one.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, gwin said:

Is she wearing the same thing 

The one we see on the preview and the one in that spoiler vid looks different to me.

Spoiler

I agree that it more looks like the one TE was wearing in the last scene. 

17 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

Not trying to be heartless, I've been saying that she's "D" repeatedly for who knows how many times in all this time looping. Only this round, LG mange to rush back to say what he did not in the past times. Love lives on regardless. :tears: 

All I can say is I really hope not. That is just so cruel and pure torture, I believe LG does not deserve that kind of pain :bawling: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, mamabear said:

The one we see on the preview and the one in that spoiler vid looks different to me.

Reveal hidden contents

I agree that it more looks like the one TE was wearing in the last scene. 

All I can say is I really hope not. That is just so cruel and pure torture, I believe LG does not deserve that kind of pain :bawling: 

Actually I went to check the full video of the spoiler where it came from (I don't know how to attach it here, so sorry :L) but I can confirm that in that spoiler vid above, the clothes she wore are not the same as the one as the ending scene of ep 10, and in fact are the ones from ep 11 preview, so there's nothing much to it I think. No time travel business or alternate reality here. Linear progression of events, everything's normal.

I do think ep 11 might be the part where

Spoiler

JTE dies, and LG starts to travel back in time and whatnot :(
Esp since many theories revolve around JTE dying and LG going back in time to relive the memories and find a reality where she is still alive

Urgh as much as I think that is true I hope it isn't because there's still some level of hope that in that spoiler vid JTE just fainted and isn't dead but anything can happen ;-;

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Swoon posted the love confession scene.

That SWOON vid should be on a loop-the-loop to get more views.  If that short IG video of them with the cute dance got 4M hits so far, this deserves more. It will also help in promoting the show

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

@AgentQuake Glad to be of help (but remember not to quote pictures next time. Just delete the pictures if you quote) :D right now, it is better to let our minds rest for the moment. I am resting mine. It has been reading, writing and analyzing theories for a long while, not to mention the emotional impact episode 10 put me through :lol:

I really hope I can watch the next episode of TKEM like this:

200.gif

but I already know I will end up like this:

giphy.gif

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

An article about Eternal Monarch from The Korean Herald and Yonhap News. Both of these are Korea news agencies. The article might give some understanding to why the drama is recieving lukewarm/cold(?) response from K-viewers.

I remember an interview of LMH during the City Hunter days when he was questioning the director on the changes in the script because the romance is getting more exposure.  LMH signed up for an action thriller series but around in the middle, the romance was getting hyped in the show.  The director (who is REALLY REALLY GOOD and hope LMH works with him again!) replied that if LMH wants City Hunter to maintain its good ratings, they need to hype the romance. 

So perhaps the Korean audience is just like that. They are more attracted to the romance side of a drama. 

@blobbityblobbityblob  @mamabear  My guess is that spoiler is what happens after TE called LG in the preview for epi 11.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Does it feel like they purposely are setting up something with LG's real mother?

3 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

She's also getting more and more mentions...there were a LOT of scenes that involved her this week, even if she didn't really physically show up.

Agree. I don’t think they will just brush over it and pretend they didn’t spend a significant amount of time shedding light on her. There must be a reason why she is kept alive. At this point, I have a lot of faith in the writer and trust that she will fill in all the holes. I won’t forgive her if she forgets even just one. 

2 hours ago, mamabear said:
3 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

Not trying to be heartless, I've been saying that she's "D" repeatedly for who knows how many times in all this time looping. Only this round, LG mange to rush back to say what he did not in the past times. Love lives on regardless. :tears: 

If we’re measuring on a scale of 0-10, 0 being dead and 10 being alive, JTE is 0 in my eyes. 

But not forever as LG will definitely find a beautiful solution :) 

3 hours ago, Kdramatic said:

In episode 10, it talked about how there would be chaos if people in KOC found out LL was alive and has not aged. So then maybe LG transports LL to a place and time in ROK where JTE and SJ can catch him and punish him in ROK. This is the scene we see in episode 1.

Agree. They can’t investigate him in Corea because that would create chaos. The opening scene probably takes place in Korea and it makes sense to investigate him too because he committed several crimes there as well. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

They have 9 or 10 days left for filming (found this out via weibo) 

If she's wearing the same thing then how do we explain the different clothes she wore in ep 11 preview? Since ep 11 preview and this spoiler seems to match up in terms of events that happen, I think the clothes should be matching? But idk... 

I checked the IG account.  There is a clearer zoomed in photo and she is wearing the same clothes.

My guess:  the scene in the spoiler happens after the scene in the preview

39 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Actually I went to check the full video of the spoiler where it came from (I don't know how to attach it here, so sorry :L) but I can confirm that in that spoiler vid above, the clothes she wore are not the same as the one as the ending scene of ep 10, and in fact are the ones from ep 11 preview, so there's nothing much to it I think. No time travel business or alternate reality here. Linear progression of events, everything's normal.

I do think ep 11 might be the part where

Hide contents

JTE dies, and LG starts to travel back in time and whatnot :(
Esp since many theories revolve around JTE dying and LG going back in time to relive the memories and find a reality where she is still alive

Urgh as much as I think that is true I hope it isn't because there's still some level of hope that in that spoiler vid JTE just fainted and isn't dead but anything can happen ;-;

There's a much clearer video and photo from another IG account where it's clear that she's wearing the same sweater as the one she is wearing in the last scene of Episode 10.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:
11 minutes ago, gwin said:

There's a much clearer video and photo from another IG account where it's clear that she's wearing the same sweater as the one she is wearing in the last scene of Episode 10.  

Yep, that's what I confirmed too. 

*Gasp* I would love to help confirm too :lol:

The more eyes, the better. Where can I feast my eyes on the goodies you both are talking about? Lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

*Gasp* I would love to help confirm too :lol:

The more eyes, the better. Where can I feast my eyes on the goodies you both are talking about? Lol.

Ugh, now I can't find it any more!  Basically, in that other video I saw:

Spoiler

it looked as though LMH was rehearsing carrying KGE.  The camera shot was a bit more zoomed in so her clothes appeared clearer?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Agree. They can’t investigate him in Corea because that would create chaos. The opening scene probably takes place in Korea and it makes sense to investigate him too because he committed several crimes there as well

Exactly.  LR does not have to be captured in Corea cos for all intents and purposes he is already dead. According to Office of the King's press briefing, only his followers have emerged for whatever reasons.

And I think that is precisely what LR wants to achieve – to show Corea that he is alive & well and still young. As LG said, near immortal. That is the chaos he would like to promote. That is the chaos that he would like to use so all the people in Corea would worship him instead of the current Monarch. That is the power he would like to lure the citizenship with. That alone will depose LG.

LR just needs to show himself as near immortal, expose the lie that the previous Prince helped create. Lee Gon becomes Lee Gone, as one meme said.

I think LG will have more chances of success if he battles it out in Korea, where LR is an unknown and he has a team (TE, SJ, JY) he can rely on. There are considerable potential collateral damage in Corea that the King has to consider & avoid.

That’s what am thinking, if am being practical & tactical.

But this is a fairy tale. I suppose SHOW will go dramatic and make this a battle royale between LG & LR in the bamboo forest?

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

LMH signed up for an action thriller series but around in the middle, the romance was getting hyped in the show.  The director (who is REALLY REALLY GOOD and hope LMH works with him again!) replied that if LMH wants City Hunter to maintain its good ratings, they need to hype the romance. 

Well... 

Spoiler

I might be the minority who feels a bit upset about the divert direction of it. I love the romance but it's the action I expect to be more dominant in there tbh. Because I thought it would be about him being the robin hood who saves the poor and punish the tyrant. And I like a feisty female lead but there they slowly change KNN to be somewhat of that typical damsel in distress.  I mean, she's pretty independent at first and that makes me love her. But well... just my two cents. I still finish to the end tho. The ending is  quite what.... not satisfied for me. Lol. 

3 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

So perhaps the Korean audience is just like that. They are more attracted to the romance side of a drama. 

Well, because it's too complex and a bit confusing somehow. Lol. But it's contradictory here, it what makes us very enthusiastic and excited right. Like some said " I plan to sit back and watch calmly but I end up cracking more theories more and more." Lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1