[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

12 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

And not just any businessman, it’s prince Jong In’s son. My eyes are not tricking me right? The old man is prince Jong In’s doppelgänger. 

Who is prince jong in?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, scrawford said:

Who is prince jong in?

Lee Gon’s father figure who’s the doctor that did Lee Rim’s autopsy. 

I need more eyes to confirm the businessman is him lol. I can’t decide. He speaks just like him but looks a little different because he’s dressed differently and his hair is combed out of his face. Let me know what you think. 

• Like 1

Sorry for being geeky ~ while we're at it, and the drama has a mathematician king in it :))

Some mathematicians here mind to check if I have understood the story's mathematical model right? 

IMG-20200509-WA0001.jpg

(Graph is not at scale)

Assuming:

1) x and y = 0 for when the Kingdom of Corea hasn't split into two parallels, and parallels also move through the same time axis of ordinates

2) That the probability of different universes lies in between y=e^×

3) That travelling between two parallels will have the effect of stopping time only to the objects that have travelled because of the awareness of the spacetime continuum

4) Spacetime continuum in between 0 and 1 is close to infinity can be traveled and may allow the traveler to end up at different time and space through modifying the equation of y=e^x

5) If the square  of e is 0, then we achieve a value of y = 1 (not sure how this will be tied into the story--but may indicate the remerging of a path in a specific time)

6) The placement of x=1 ( would be MonCorea as space (but also interestingly GDP and quality of life)

:wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 7

aesthetic excellence while depicting the whole theme of the drama. two different worlds, contrasting colors. time theory, hourglass. space and travel, airplane. dreamlike quality. THE MINDS OF THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS DRAMA IS IMPRESSIVE.

img.gif

========

TheKingEternalMonarch Ep 7 is where the plot thickens and everything seems to get in motion. Some characters development in this ep are exactly the key point that makes the story shift rapidly and the premise gettin' more interesting.

ImageImage

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

Did anyone else see JY and KSJ fighting in the ep8 preview :blink:

@Heretorant I looked back at that part of the episode. I agree that he sounds exactly like PJI, but I cannot see the facial resemblance huhu. Also, if he is PJI, why would his son be working at the stable? Because they were banished and he is there secretly? Hmmmmmmmm I am not yet sure but I'm intrigued. (But he really does sound like PJI!!!)

Also ratings aren't in yet hmm.

• Like 4

Wow what an episode !! Most here have thought it was a jammed packed episode and that's for sure!

Here are just my two cents on the episode:

1) JY AND ES meeting and interaction....ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!! I rewatched those parts and could not stop laughing over and over again!! (Woo Do Hwan...WOW WHAT AN AMAZING ACTOR !!) I LOVED IT!

2) Two Suspicious Looking Characters (I.e The Security Lady at the palace and the vet assistant)....are they doubles that LR placed inside the palace? And what about yo yo boy/boy who knocked into JTE to cause her to lose her ID tag

3) JTE and LG...So so cute!! I loved how he knows he's totally in love and whipped by JTE

4)  KSJ...Is he now the savior since he's a better shooter than JTE as we have now seen?

Things to think about:

Nari told JTE during that whole doppelgänger talk that there must be balance...POTENTIAL FORESHADOWING? She said one must die so that there is balance in the universe.

Therefore, so far lets look at the doppelgängers so far (sorry I can't remember some names):

1) Two Detectives 

2) Nari/Myung Seung-Ah

3) ES/JY

4) LG's twin/LG

5) PM's twin/PM

6)Bookstore Owner/Yoo Kyung Mu (LR's right hand man)

7) Pregnant Lady/Pregnant Lady PM's friend group member

8) JTE/Luna

9) Company Heir Twin/Company Heir

10) KSJ *

In relation to LG, JTE, and JY/ES, we know so far that potentially LG will be alive if and only if his twin really did die. For JTE, maybe she's safe since we know Luna has cancer? Now with JY/ES, I can totally see JY dying to save LG so then that would leave only ES? 

Now KSJ can be a wildcard given that in the latest preview he is potentially from LG's world which leaves to question what happen to his double.

Seems like LR is replacing members of power in LG's world. With what LR has in store for the PM....I'm suspecting he sent her that newspaper because he's going to want to keep her alive for his plans? 

For Nari/MSA, I love both characters ! I can however see LR wanting Nari to kill her twin in LG's world so he can have another member in the palace. Although I can't see Nari or her twin ever killing anyone. Both twins are such sweet people and aren't poor or anything so LR can't really exploit them in that sense since he seems to use the whole the other twin has a better life as a motivator for one twin to kill another.

In LR's ideal world, he would have killed LG, JY, PM and replaced them with his versions which he can control and essentially overthrow the Kingdom of Corea. However, if his ultimate goal is to control both worlds then he would have to essentially replace members of power in JTE's world. 

More than anything I am so hoping for a happy ending, but at the show progresses I am feeling a sense of dread like I had with Game of Thrones. There's going to be happy endings for some while for others its going to be sad because as Nari puts it there must be balance in the universe. No ying without yang, no sun without moon, no happiness without sadness, no successes without failures, no light without darkness, etc. The message that is resonating throughout this show so far is one of duality.

AHHHHH WHY DID I START WATCHING THIS SHOW?!! :bawling: We are currently living in dark times these days with Coronavirus so please please give us a glimpse of happiness with this show !!!!:heartbreak:

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1

I was re-watching the first episode and the saviour's ID card, i don't think he/she wears it. More like something put in the pocket. I remember that LG always carrying around JTE id's. And the hand, it was man's hand. 

SJ is alive during the LR'm interogation next to JTE, so both survive until the end.

Suddenly random scene appear in my head, about the conversation during stake out scene "i wonder where JangMi get those clothes. The criminal always run to him while we have our ambush"

Probably the saviour related with JangMi. Either it is SJ or TE herself. 

I also wonder why LR doesn't kill the mother of LG's doppleganger. He never let anyone live if there is no reason.

The economical condition is the opposite but the family structure mostly similar except for JY and JES. Both Na Ri and Seung Ah are from similar economic condition.

Also if the doppleganger getting killed by the other double, there was something special with JY and JES since both feel hurt at the same time during the hot coffe scene. There must be some rules that made LG special since everything up until now that LR can do, also felt by LG like the time stop and also the scar during lightning.

And no.. the business man was not the son of prince buyeong. His family all staying abroad coz of his position (the 2nd in line). So, it is impossible for his son habing business in Korea.

• Like 8

On 5/8/2020 at 2:56 PM, Umjicheok said:

Also I know the popular choice for LG'S saviour is LG himself BUT when the first time when that scene played out young LG would have died right? Then how would he grow into adult LG and go back to save himself? Since Lee lim would complete his task and come into power.  So someone who is either affected by king's death OR due to Lee Lim's evilness would have wanted to change the outcome which makes me think it is not LG who is man in mask.

I was rewatching past episodes and am I the only one who is thinking that there was more than 1 person who came to save young LG?

@Umjicheok  So as not to hurt anyone's eyes with my thinking, I've put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler

Okay, so here's my thinking.  I believed from the first episode that LG is the savior.  Why?  Because that actor is LMH.  Period.  If it turns out to be someone else, I will think they cheated.  If it isn't LG, it could be Lee Ji-hun (LG's double), but a lot would have to happen for that to be possible.  After re-watching the first episode, I now believe that two people interrupted the assassination.  The first person came in, took a gun from a dead guard, and skillfully killed many other guards.  Then he crashed through a window.  After a moment, a second person comes in shooting straight ahead until reaching young LG to check his pulse.  I think they are different people because they are wearing different shoes.  The thing is: both of these people look like LMH.  Again, one of them could be LJH, but if it were, the two people could have come in together.  Since we are dealing with time travel, I would guess that these are two Lee Gons, and one of them is a good shooter.  I couldn't say if that was the second, third, etc. version of the assassination we saw or not.  I wouldn't go so far as to say there have been 988.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

100% with you on this! It’s not just a mere story about romance. I thought it was pretty obvious from the beginning that this was going to be a story about the battle between Lee Gon and Lee Rim with some romance and crime. But I’m afraid some people only came for romance and are left wondering why not much of the relationship is being shown. I don’t mind focusing on just the romance but I’m also here for the battle :D

Right! Even though we ship LMH and KGE, what makes the story more interesting is its plot. At first, I also started to watch the drama, not caring about the plot, because of KGE. Then as I watch, I learned to like LMH and loved his chemistry with KGE so I continue watching to see them more. LOL. But apart from that, what made me so hooked and invested is because of the story, the drama makes you think a lot. If you only watch the drama for the sake of the romance and not about its plot, then you will really be disappointed coz since there are lots of sub plots that need to be tackled and shown, it's such a bonus that we were able to see this much romance from the main leads.

On a lighter note, I think WDW's portrayal of both of his characters was sooooo on point! I laughed my heart out on his scenes. Daebak!! You are amazing WDW! 

• Like 12

19 hours ago, scrawford said:

So the first teaser for the drama replacing the king is already out...and I can’t help but think of when this drama ended. We have 6 more weeks :bawling:.

im not ready

SBS deleted the trailer of “Convenience Store“ and republished it with changes to the airing date. It went from June 12 to June 2020. As of now, there seems to be no specific airing date. Does this mean we might have a possible extension? We know writer Kim hasn’t finished writing the end. What if it requires more episodes? Yes, please?

I’m wishing for too much huh? 

I looked back at that part of the episode. I agree that he sounds exactly like PJI, but I cannot see the facial resemblance huhu. Also, if he is PJI, why would his son be working at the stable? Because they were banished and he is there secretly? Hmmmmmmmm I am not yet sure but I'm intrigued. (But he really does sound like PJI!!!)

Also ratings aren't in yet hmm.

@Wanderer062287 wait, the businessman’s son is the same guy working at the stable? I thought the stable guy is Lee Sang Do, the murdered victim JTE is investigating. Maybe I need to rewatch lol. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

SBS deleted the trailer of “Convenience Store“ and republished it with changes to the airing date. It went from June 12 to June 2020. As of now, there seems to be no specific airing date. Does this mean we might have a possible extension? We know writer Kim hasn’t finished writing the end. What if it requires more episodes? Yes, please?

I’m wishing for too much huh? 

OMG!!!! Count me in!!  Can we please have extension? :) Lets make this a 20 episode drama. ^^  

I was wondering why they added new PD and I also asked in my previous post how many episodes are left for filming. Maybe KES has already decided to extend this drama. People now understand the plot a lot more and she can now play with the elements that she has. With this extension, we can also have a stronger development for our OTP. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Can we spend more time on Lee Rim please.. he made such an impact on me in the first episode that I keep craving for his scenes but only getting one or two minutes scenes per episode huhu.. since the mysteries are starting to come together I'm hoping more screen time for him. 

also not only him, i want more time spent on his minions too.. the people he hired so far. 

• Like 11

Please correct me if am wrong: 

"The PERSON (spy)  in the stable with the veterinarian of Maximus looks like the gambler who was killed in ROK -  is his name Lee Sang Doo?" 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Guine said:

Please correct me if am wrong: 

"The PERSON (spy)  in the stable with the veterinarian of Maximus looks like the gambler who was killed in ROK -  is his name Lee Sang Doo?" 

Bingo! 

I didn’t notice this until @scrawford pointed it out. You guys have sharp eyes! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

wait, the son is the same guy working at the stable? I thought the stable guy is Lee Sang Do, the murdered victim JTE is investigating. Maybe I need to rewatch it lol. 

Oh my I am now really confused! I'll rewatch it as well :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1