[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 minute ago, rambutan said:

What if the Prime Minister is the "secret" daughter of LR? Do we know who the PM's father is? We only see the mother, and LR trusts her enough to leave his very, very important bamboo flute at her place. No way will I leave something so precious at a stranger's house! 

@rambutan On the show page where it has all the profiles of the characters, it says that the PM's father was a drunkard. However, it could be a possibility that the PM's dad is LR. Noting back to that scene where the PM's visits her home, LR's umbrella is seen and when the PM asks her mom about the umbrella, her mom says "oh a customer left it and said he would be back for it later" or something like that. So either the PM's mom knows LR or LR is planning on using the PM's mom or the PM herself in his plans. :ph34r:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, romance06 said:

Yes, he seems to be able to see through JTE's mind. Or the moment she fixated for dinner, he saw her feelings.

If you didn't mention the scene of JTE meeting KSR, I might be lazy not to write this post. KGE's acting must say that extremely delicate in each scene. Although she is not beautiful, she's very attractive, not being outdone by a handsome, charming LMH. :)

Speaking of JTE, from the moment she arrived in LG's world, he was always around her, and TE was in defense, seeming indifferent to LG's affection. But when KSR appeared in front of both of them, it was obvious that the storm in TE's heart was rebelling, she was confused and tried to stay calm in front of LG and KSR. For her, how could she know if LG would marry KSR later?

So much for our wish here for the missed opportunity of JTE tying her hair and showing KSR who’s boss lol. I felt bad for our girl. She was nervous and I think KSR saw right through her. I’m so appreciative of Lee Gon for being transparent about how he adores JTE no matter who he’s in front us. You can be sure that JTE will never feel small next to Lee Gon. He’s attentive and caring and even went out of his way to make sure she didn’t feel out of place in his world. So sweet :wub:

I have a feeling our couple will always have this relationship where JTE puts Lee Gon in his place. Their bickering will continue but love will grow. I like it :D

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Off with the head, whoever is starting the controversies! I’m just here celebrating that we have less than 24 hours to go! 

100% with you! How dare they deprive us of the most important scene!! :lol::lol::lol:

@Heretorant we demand a special episode for that missed important scene lol!

More than 24 hours for me. I have a big Work  event tomorrow :(. Can't watch till 1:30p CST. And i can't even lurk here for reaction regarding the episode. So i might just completely tune out and come back here after i watched it. I want to see LTE first date in all its Glory. Maybe another kiss? The one where JTE initiate? Can you imagine How Lee Gon would take that??? :wub:

Although....I'm not banking on a Kiss since we just had that and this coming episode seems to be focusing on Lee Rim and his plan

1 hour ago, romance06 said:

Yes, he seems to be able to see through JTE's mind. Or the moment she fixated for dinner, he saw her feelings.

If you didn't mention the scene of JTE meeting KSR, I might be lazy not to write this post. KGE's acting must say that extremely delicate in each scene. Although she is not beautiful, she's very attractive, not being outdone by a handsome, charming LMH. :)

Speaking of JTE, from the moment she arrived in LG's world, he was always around her, and TE was in defense, seeming indifferent to LG's affection. But when KSR appeared in front of both of them, it was obvious that the storm in TE's heart was rebelling, she was confused and tried to stay calm in front of LG and KSR. For her, how could she know if LG would marry KSR later?

I've like when TE said that she was a fan of KSR, she was very cleverly dodged to protect her self-esteem.:( TE didn't like KSR, she had side-glance when KSR was surrounded by many people. On the outside TE is polite to KSR, but in her mind she must envy KSR who is supported by the people to marry LG.

And TE only returned to being calm after sitting on the helicopter, she tried to regain her composure without paying attention to the people around her, just watching the moonlight through the small window. I love how the TE looks innocent as never happened when asking LG about the moon.

P/s:Oh my god, it's not easy to write like this, it's even harder to post pictures.

@romance06 KGE is definitely charming and Attractive in her own unique way. Just from following her IG, she seems to be very family oriented person. She is close to Grandma, and seems like a very loving Aunt to her niece nephew (Another reason why i want her end up with LMH in real life :). And she seems smart, she was studying english language in LA, i heard it was a school where you can learn language as well as get rid of accent (i got this info from Reddit). And she seems to have good taste in music, since she was in coachella last year. I also love her sense of style and the fact that she is Channel ambassador for SK.

The way she kept low Profile during her meeting with KSR also really clever. I love your take on it. I honestly thought she said she was a fan because she witnessed all those girls fangirling over KSR when she was wondering around busan/Seoul in LG world. But now after reading yours, i can see that she is reminding herself of her place when she said (I'm leaving soon). I love that PD highlight LG expression so well. Us the attentive viewer know that it means, he is not looking forward to the moment he has to say goodbye to JTE :(.

JTE indifferent towards Lee Gon's affections IMO also have to do with her way of thinking, she doesn't think it will work, it doesnt make sense, etc etc... while LG is all about, "we are going to find the solution for this" heheheh the boy is determine.

39 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’m so appreciative of Lee Gon for being transparent about how he adores JTE no matter who he’s in front us. You can be sure that JTE will never feel small next to Lee Gon. He’s attentive and caring and even went out of his way to make sure she didn’t feel out of place in his world. So sweet :wub:

I have a feeling our couple will always have this relationship where JTE puts Lee Gon in his place. Their bickering will continue but love will grow. I like it :D

@Heretorant you are right, LG would never make JTE feel small around him. I love..love...love... (did i say Love?) How when Tae Eul said she knows how LG must felt lonely in her world, his reaction was "did you feel lonely", for him it's all about how JTE feel. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

From the filming set

EXb8RZNUEAAHmIx?format=jpg&name=large

EXb8RZNUEAAHmIx?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

So much for our wish here for the missed opportunity of JTE tying her hair and showing KSR who’s boss lol. I felt bad for our girl. She was nervous and I think KSR saw right through her. I’m so appreciative of Lee Gon for being transparent about how he adores JTE no matter who he’s in front us. You can be sure that JTE will never feel small next to Lee Gon. He’s attentive and caring and even went out of his way to make sure she didn’t feel out of place in his world. So sweet :wub:

Lee Gon is a stand-up King he won't let his woman feel out of sorts thats not his style. He even intervened in that moment and sort of rushed the conversation all together. JTE and LG date in her world is gonna be something new we haven't seen but atleast that PM won't be there chasing them around. They had to go to literally go to different world to date because of her. Lmao

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. This is the last time I will merge your posts - next time you'll receive a official warning.
  • Like 9

I just had this idea what if Lee Gon's other half just reappears? And also could it have been his other half who time-travelled or his future heir descent as in his son who is obviously not born yet. Could this two theories hold ground? Let me know what you think

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I think it's himself who time-travels from a future himself to the past and save himself I don't see any of the other theories being correct but I could be proven wrong

Anything is possible tho as its hard to predict the outcome so far Lee Gon himself could die somehow so everything can happen as the story progresses further. As you said all of our theories could be wrong or some theories could be right at the end of the day

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Anything is possible tho as its hard to predict the outcome so far Lee Gon himself could die somehow so everything can happen as the story progresses further. As you said all of our theories could be wrong or some theories could be right at the end of the day

If Lee Gon's double was alive we would have seen him he didn't appear on the cast list either which means Lee Lim has probably killed him along with his own double and his own brother's double. Which also means he killed Lee Gon's father in both worlds 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

If Lee Gon's double was alive we would have seen him he didn't appear on the cast list either which means Lee Lim has probably killed him along with his own double and his own brother's double. Which also means he killed Lee Gon's father in both worlds 

The one he saw first when Lee Lim crossed over to ROK was that Lee Gon father's double? I honestly didn't even notice that. I reckon he killed that guy along with his own double who was handicapped but we didn't see him kill Lee Gon's double but we assume he did that 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, madmad min said:

I think I saw one leaked filming as well...Spoiler may be around 23-24th April it came around.

I saw that too. I hope if they will really go for that plot, pls do not kill JY off :(

It is finally Friday, yay! Aren't we all excited today? 

7 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

The one he saw first when Lee Lim crossed over to ROK was that Lee Gon father's double? I honestly didn't even notice that. I reckon he killed that guy along with his own double who was handicapped but we didn't see him kill Lee Gon's double but we assume he did that 

Yup. He was the former King's doppelganger in RoK. I agree that LG's double is also really dead. Whenever LMH introduces himself in interviews, he just says Lee Gon, unlike the others who also state their other characters for intro. :D

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

7 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Yes that was Lee Gon's father's double who died in ROK and Lee Gon's double in ROK is also dead along with Lee Lim's double. Lee Lim left behind him quite alot of bodies. He already killed a dozens and we are early in to this series 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mamabear said:

Yup. He was the former King's doppelganger in RoK. I agree that LG's double is also really dead. Whenever LMH introduces himself in interviews, he just says Lee Gon, unlike the others who also state their other characters for intro. :D

Okay. I found this review about 6th episode it explains things and touches on the theories and facts. good analyst

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Yes that was Lee Gon's father's double who died in ROK and Lee Gon's double in ROK is also dead along with Lee Lim's double. Lee Lim left behind him quite alot of bodies. He already killed a dozens and we are early in to this series 

Just rewatched these scenes. I skipped thru to these scenes you are right. I think I will rewatch the last 2 episodes before the 7th episode arrives. Cheers 

• Like 6

I've never seen so many "What if....." since being here in the forum ....:D 

Hurray, it's Friday! A few more hours before the show.. Let's see whose "What if..." will be on point... Don't forget to note down as many clues that you can get and please wait till the end of Saturday's episode to make another assumption of "What if"  :D

and if someone ask you about the streaming link... you know what to do. B) (To help our Mod ... a little bit)

Credit to the owner

* The scene I'm looking forward to besides our main leads is to see both characters of Woo Do-Hwan take facing each other. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 9

TGIF!!! It's still 6 hours before the eng sub episode becomes available. 

7 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I've never seen so many "What if....." since being here in the forum ....:D 

That's the beauty of this drama. Making you think creatively and intelligently. Lol

8 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

* The scene I'm looking forward to besides our main leads is to see both characters of Woo Do-Hwan take facing each other. :lol:

Yup. Same. I've imagined ES frantic moments because of his surprise guest coming. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3