[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

A bit nervous as it's my first time commenting here, but I wanted to clarifly.

The part where the english subs show YJS saying " she didn't go out with him", that isn't what he actually said.

The caption made by Running Man editors show what he really said : 몸을 보고 만난 건 아니에요.

Which means "she didn't go out with him because of his body" implying that wouldn't be why she would date him, at least that is how I interpreted it.

I don't know why the english subs didn't translate it as is when the transcript was already there, but well here you go.

Take with that what you will ;)

Personally, whether or not they're together, I just want them to be happy with whomever. I just have a feeling that they are indeed dating each other. 

I will try to post some more as there are a few moments where I spotted some errors in the translation in some previous episodes or some conversation that you could hear slightly but which didn't make it into the subtitles. 

In any case, I really enjoy reading everyone's posts, I like that you guys don't take everything too seriously and just have fun with it.

Take care !

3 hours ago, Sunflower25 said:

A bit nervous as it's my first time commenting here, but I wanted to clarifly.

The part where the english subs show YJS saying " she didn't go out with him", that isn't what he actually said.

The caption made by Running Man editors show what he really said : 몸을 보고 만난 건 아니에요.

Which means "she didn't go out with him because of his body" implying that wouldn't be why she would date him, at least that is how I interpreted it.

I don't know why the english subs didn't translate it as is when the transcript was already there, but well here you go.

Take with that what you will ;)

Personally, whether or not they're together, I just want them to be happy with whomever. I just have a feeling that they are indeed dating each other. 

I will try to post some more as there are a few moments where I spotted some errors in the translation in some previous episodes or some conversation that you could hear slightly but which didn't make it into the subtitles. 

In any case, I really enjoy reading everyone's posts, I like that you guys don't take everything too seriously and just have fun with it.

Take care !

Wow... saying " she didn't go out with him" vs "she didn't go out with him because of his body" bring entirely different meaning :happydance:

I'm not sure why they translate what YJS said differently nor do I understand why YJS seems so careful regarding kookmin interaction. I mean, I'm aware KJK is quite shy with ladies but it's not like he's so conservatively reserved like an ancient gentleman either LOL I had seen his casual manner with other ladies like SJH, Lee Hyori etc in the past.  However, I do trust YJS judgement, after all, he's the one who's always looking out for JSM and taking care of her in the best manner so I'm sure whatever he's trying behind the scene, it's for their own good. 

“She didn’t go out with him because of his body”

Thanks to @Sunflower25 this accurate translation makes my heart flutter.

JK never rejected SM flirting skit. He keeps his head low hide his eyes and smile and laugh when she click tongue.

Also people said JK hate ageyo, but look at his smile when SM did ageyo.

The way JK did ageyo seems like I see somebody did it somewhere, and I found SM did the same in EP. 450 when they both team up with Haha and SM acted like Haha’s daughter. :D

I thought a new pD will show us more members natural interactions w/o been too much edited. but nothin changed.same as previous pds. if kookmin is assume as SIBLINGS by members n RM fans, why bother cutting their interactions?? if pdnim want to keep on feeding/showing LL scenes , then please also Do Not edit out kookmin SIBLINGS scene together, pdnimm...aigoo. 

Jk -latest obvious hint to me(my delulu as kookmin fans), he become more n more believe in superstitious/fortune teller things. in this week my ugly duckling ep, he show a great interest in this topic. i bet he is influenced by somin. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

You look at the fact that PD purposely edited Kookmin out from the show in wrong way. 

If you notice, RM members' interaction starts to get saturate. It is always the same combination of members. Viewers also keep complaining as the show is getting boring. Right now, PD really needs everything to make the show fresh and interesting. And Kookmin's chemistry is the most cheapest and easiest solution (compare to idea of great concept episodes, bombastic sets, oversea filming, new member etc). Kookmin chemistry is fresh, they also fun.

Few episodes where there were  a lot of Kookmin's interaction, there were many comments from Korean viewers who said Kookmin is funny, they missed Kookmin sibling, why PD never utilize Kookmin as their chemistry is great, how they hope to see more of Kookmin. You also can see these kind of comments on MBTI video at GYM JK channel.

But despite the desperation to keep the show entertaining and good reaction from Korean viewers, why PD  doesn't utilized Kookmin and purposely keep them out of the spotlight? After all, Chulmin PD didn't have any problem to use Kookmin sibling concept. So, to begin with, there is no restriction from using Kookmin for the show.

The only reason is because, the staff, the members are covering something about Kookmin. Too much spotlight for Kookmin will expose this 'something'. The perfect example is in the recent episode where guest Jin Seoyeon indirectly created a scenario between Kookmin. She observed Kookmin's raw interaction and she saw something and improvised from that. Same thing will happen if PD put Kookmin's natural interactions on the show. People bound to notice and they will start to think whether there is something between Kookmin or not.

The fact that PD edit Kookmin out even the show is in desperate situation and even when viewers like Kookmin is a good indicator. That means Kookmin is most likely real. Though I too, miss Kookmin interaction. But rather than my satisfaction, I prefer the PD cut it if it means it is to cover for something bigger in the future.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

I really don't think and agree with this conclusion of "Protecting their relationship for RM". 

If there is anything between them, they don't announce it for their sake, and only that. They both are not really ready to public announce it, probably because there is no reason to do it unless a wedding is coming (just like any other famous x famous relationship, we only hear about it officially when there is a wedding coming up (or they got caught)).

JSM literally said she will not announce any type of relationship unless there is a wedding involved (or something like that), and since JSM is really busy with acting, her career is finally blooming and knowing how KJK might think, he definitly won't do anything to harm it. Also the fact that announcing a relationship this controversial might hurt JSM more than KJK internationally (I don't think Korean people care, JSM seems to be loved there) . 

I REALLY REALLY don't think it's about RM because, yes, it might start some hate and drama because of certain fans... but that's it. And the argument "one of them has to leave" is also absurde, it's literally GOLD content comedy we are gonna get. Do you imagine, a couple and we are not talking about any couple, it's the angry KJK & crazy JSM paired with the amazing cast of RM ? This has to happen... please ! It would be so much fun to see and completely new to RM. The ratings would skyrocket because of too.

I hyped myself up with this new dynamic that we will probably never see T.T

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

To be fair, personally, I saw a lot of comments cheering for Kookmin & new trio (YSC,HH & SJH) as their chemistry is a lot more natural & funny at the same time. However, either Knetz didn't have the same opinion or the production crew decided to ignore it because there were not many changes even when the PD changed. The horror episode even subtly tried to revive the LL but the responses were lame & the other cast member also didn't engage much related to LL. Either there is nothing for them to engage with or there's something happening behind the screen between the cast member because as we can see before the members are very responsive to anything related to LL (YJS & HH support the neighbour LL while KJK & JSJ support chanmin).  

Hello, I am a lurker who enjoys the interaction between somin and jongkook. I just found it cute how in the beginning with the purchase segment, Jongkook was like Somin got him a gift (aka the leopard pants). Like how hilarious is it for the customer to get an item for the "shop owner". Plus Somin tipping him and winking at him, I never saw Jongkook get this shy the past decade I have watched running man!!! He also got red faced after seeing Somin doing the ageyo. Like, what...Jongkook acting so different nowadays, like so shy and embarrassed whenever Somin does something. It's so odd.

I just watched KJK latest video with YJS & JSJ and really interested in sharing this part with my fellow kookmin shippers. However, a kind reminder that this is not exactly directed to kookmin & mixed with my own personal interpretation as well so let's not jump to a conclusion too soon. ^^

1) So during the KJK blog, you will notice YJS mention the neighbour LL out of nowhere & KJK as usual sticks to his regular " Hajima/stop it etc". Mind you this is KJK personal channel so whatever his response/reaction is not influenced by RM production crew but here you can see that he still maintain the same reaction when he was teased with the LL so this is definitely not a scripted reaction. At this point, you can see JSJ looks like he purposely bumps YJS shoulder & takes it to himself to announce in front of the camera how the neighbour LL will not work out/they're not a match followed by KJK loudly agreeing at the back.

Spoiler

4.gif

2) Right after their banter regarding the neighbour LL, YJS proceed to complain that KJK won't let him talk about 'that' person. Personally, I see this as the climax of their banter as KJK is clearly flustered/shocked to the point his hand stop moving ( notice that even when he was busy deflecting YJS tease regarding the other LL, he still proceed with whatever he was doing at the moment, however when YJS suddenly drop the bomb & mention 'that' person, KJK was so shocked to the point of speechless). During these few seconds of an awkward staring contest between KJK & YJS, JSJ is the only one who laugh out loud while walking away from them. 

So of course, the question is..WHO IS 'THAT' PERSON? Why would YJS suddenly drop this bomb? KJK reaction during this time is pure gold, he was really flustered and he didn't expect that 'punch' from YJS. 

Of course, people can have a different interpretations. Was it about the other LL? Was it about our lovely  :coolshades:? Was it about a non-celeb person? Guess we will never know until there's any official announcement regarding their relationship status, but hey, what's wrong with a bit of fantasy right, LOL. Until then, I stand by my assumption that 'this person’ they're talking about is not the other LL because KJK didn't seem to have a problem denying it, there's no need for a such shocked reaction from him & he didn't have any comment about 'that person' either so something is obviously going on with him & 'that person'. Both YJS & JSJ knows about it. I see this as a low blow from YJS because it was like 'if you don't want me to mention that person, then you should let me tease you about LL'.

Spoiler

Observe their mixed reaction to the mention of 'that person'.

1.gif

KJK reaction is really suspicious here. The same 'hajima' but it sounds so different here idk how to explain it. 

2.gif

3) Lastly, YJS deliver the final blow as he exposes the fact he & 'that person' talk on the phone from time to time. Don't misunderstand me as I didn't intend to bring down the other LL but I remember they mention before the other woman is not a 'phone-call person' as their relationship was defined by YJS himself as weird because you can't call it close/not-closed either. However, I remember there were a few people on the list mentioned during YJS Covid quarantine that often engage in a phone call with him which is including :coolshades:.

Spoiler

3.gif

Sorry for the long rant even though it's just my own assumption & I'm open to a different perspective. I stand to be corrected as I'm well aware there's no actual evidence regarding my interpretation. 

@Nerdyo2266 

3) Lastly, YJS deliver the final blow as he exposes the fact he & 'that person' talk on the phone from time to time. Don't misunderstand me as I didn't intend to bring down the other LL but I remember they mention before the other woman is not a 'phone-call person' as their relationship was defined by YJS himself as weird because you can't call it close/not-closed either. However, I remember there were a few people on the list mentioned during YJS Covid quarantine that often engage in a phone call with him which is including :coolshades:.

good analysis, thanks!!!

we know who the other person is also in ep E610 (or YEH, thanks @ashima mahajan)

• Like 3

I think 'That Person' that YSJ refered to is YEH. Why? Because of JK's reaction. If you notice, JK is very consistent in mostly every thing. His reaction when YJS teased about YEH also consistent. When being teased, JK first will be shocked, he started to shout 'Hajima!' in serious face. He will continue to shout 'Hajima' until YJS changed the topic. Nothing sweet or heart fluttering about his reaction to these teasing. In fact,  if I was YEH, I will feel offend to see JK reacts like that everytime he is teased to her. And YEH is just an innocent person. And JK also innocent as he said again and again, stop mentioning YEH. In this, I feel YJS is quite insensitive.

Why I know YJS didn't refer to Somin? Because JK's reaction when teased to Somin also consistent. Those few times JK being teased, he always smile or laugh. No resistance or denial at all.

Ep 610 - YJS teased Somin about how she thought of marrying JK, how she showed her interest on JK. JK laughed and smiled. 

Ep 620 - Jin Seoyeon teased Somin who showed her interest on Shop Assistant with nice body. JK also laughed and smile. 

The 3 times YJS teased Kookmin in late 2019 and early 2020 - JK also mostly laughing. 

JK doesn't have any problem if people tease him with Somin and he never take initiative to stop other party from teasing him. In fact, it is JK who frequently talks about Somin. In MUD, Gym JK videos, his US concert...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Wiggle 1

The person that YJS mentions as "her" is Yoon Eun Hye. YEH and Jong Kook dated. Jong Kook's always been the type to hide his relationships even when they're out in the open except for the one person he admitted to dating (Roora member - Chae Ri Na). 

Sorry for mentioning this in a kookmin thread but Jong Kook doesn't want Jaesuk mentioning YEH because back when YEH was very popular while KJK had average fame, fans of YEH would bring down Jong Kook for using YEH as a way to get famous. Now, the position has switched but YEH also tries to avoid topics of KJK. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

It’s just so funny to me that @kookminstanner123 chooses not to mention SJH to “focus on Kookmin” but the 1st time this account mentions another woman on this thread is to repeat the insinuation that KJK and YEH are clout users without even disagreeing. The same account who brings up Kwangmin feud (unnecessary, negative rumor for Somin) the 1st time they posted here but speaks up for SJH when she’s not even insulted on this thread (let’s not compare), lmao.

I’m really fascinated, which toxic fandom keeps saying Kookmin (and YEH) are clout users and brings up the so-called Kwangmin feud (none of the viewers’ business, btw) every chance they get? Is it the one who sent death threats to Hong Jinyoung?

:popcornjackson:

—-

Anyway, I’m so excited that good things are happening to Kookmin. Somin is nominated for Seoul International Drama Awards for her excellent acting performance in HeeSoo and KJK recently finished a successful concert abroad. Booked and busy, our Kookmin!

:elated:

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

On 9/17/2022 at 2:48 AM, AmbrellaKookie said:

It’s just so funny to me that @kookminstanner123 chooses not to mention SJH to “focus on Kookmin” but the 1st time this account mentions another woman on this thread is to repeat the insinuation that KJK and YEH are clout users without even disagreeing. The same account who brings up Kwangmin feud (unnecessary, negative rumor for Somin) the 1st time they posted here but speaks up for SJH when she’s not even insulted on this thread (let’s not compare), lmao.

I’m really fascinated, which toxic fandom keeps saying Kookmin (and YEH) are clout users and brings up the so-called Kwangmin feud (none of the viewers’ business, btw) every chance they get? Is it the one who sent death threats to Hong Jinyoung?

—-

Anyway, I’m so excited that good things are happening to Kookmin. Somin is nominated for Seoul International Drama Awards for her excellent acting performance in HeeSoo and KJK recently finished a successful concert abroad. Booked and busy, our Kookmin!

I couldn't have put it better myself. You noticed what I noticed about that person's posts. Hopefully, if she's innocent and our suspicions are wrong, she will defend herself. 

There was something I wanted to mention about the Tail episode. In the opening Somin made a comment about leaving her name tag in her unnie's house and JK looked very shy and did that taking a stepping back and shy laugh action he does with Somin. In our private Instagram Kookmin group we were discussing how and where Kookmin might meet up to date if they were actually dating as most of us suspect. My suggestion at that time was it was most likely to be in Somin's friends' house. The friends who own the dog  Tanker that they allow Somin to share with them. A couple of days ago  the lady who runs Somin's main fanclub on Instagram shared that the cafe that Somin went to hide her name tag belongs to those friends and you can see Kim Hyun Min serving at the counter. So this means they probably live in that area and their house could be the unnie's house she mentioned. If Somin's friend is older than her, then she is most likely  that unnie. I'll have to check her age. I found JK's response to her joke suspicious. It was definitely some sort of inside joke from his response. He at least knew the unnie she was referring to. As usual their interaction was glossed over and ignored. 

Thanks all genuine Kookmin and Somin fans for your comments on this forum. I rarely contribute these days because you all do such a great job. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Seems like there going to be big change in RM. Watched GJK first ep. with YJS and JSJ with eng. sub. YJS mentioned they had internal discussion, the program duration will reduce to 40-45 mins. Due to the concern of broadcaster rating which keep low trend for quite awhile they are in consideration whether to keep the program in main broadcasting or to expand to OTT platform. They even mentioned that the main cast will be the 3 of them (YJS, JSJ, KJK). GJK PD asked will others member remain the same. They said yes. Anyway, these are during discussion, no conclusion yet.

My thought is they might considering to change program concept and reduce broadcasting time to improve average rating so will be able to keep the sponsorship  with them and to be able to secure there broadcasting at SBS.

not sure if I understand correctly, but if anyone have different view please feel free.

If they would really reduce broadcasting time, we might have very very little of KookMin moments in the future. However, I feel relief they are trying to keep the program going with all members. KookMin crumbs in RM is the source of my happiness at this moment.

Spoiler

My bad, I used to think, because of the low rating, SBS will consider to stop the program soon. And changing PD seems to not improve much in terms of rating. But it’s just her first few ep. We can’t make a conclusion yet.

E621: little kookmin moments!!

spacer.png

KJK no longer gets mad with JSM in games

Hands...

spacer.png

JSM fails, but KJK wants JSM to throw again (YJS reaction)

spacer.png

more....

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

EDIT: more...

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

to SJH, but i like this pose

spacer.png

I don't have much more time to edit all the moments...

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

When the members were in the bus, ready to move to SBS building, Somin sang with YSC and tried to harmonized with JH. It is sweet when JK interrupted and tried to harmonize with her too. Though they couldn't harmonized well as JK's skill is far superior to Somin :joy:

Note: They harmonized while holding eye contact.

I just love as JK started get close to Somin, his  TV character also started to soften more and more. He also starts to enjoy the filming more. I still remember, in 2017-2018, when the Somin and other members sang in the bus/van, JK would cringe up, shook his head and complained "Mwoya..." 

Now, he even danced. In ep 587, Somin suddenly sang "White Love", and JK reacted by suddenly danced cutely. Just how much he changed.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Bus moment

Spoiler

I'm watching the parts I had previously marked with subtitles since I don't have time until a few days to see the full ep.

The bus part is kind of weird when JSM and the rest of the members deny that she is dating anyone.

But...

-Why YJS knew that JSM was in a karaoke days before.

-When she chokes she touches KJK

-KJK with poker face some moments.

-I don't know how to explain it...the talk (and jokes) between YJS-JSM-HH-KJK suggests just the opposite of what they're trying to say, and, they also talk about the group chat. All in relation to if JSM was with someone.

- YJS looks nervous

- JSJ talking about KJK out of the blue.

- YJS telling JSJ to shut up (this surprises me)

What do you think?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1