[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

7 hours ago, kookminstanner123 said:

not yet actually, i think it's 2 or 3 more episodes before the new PD leads. It's still Bo Pil right now. Remember that RM films 2-3 weeks ahead. 

To make the transition “seamless” they usually work together as mains and the new PD starts editing and slowly taking over. So she basically is editing these new episodes. They did the same with Chulmin/Bopil where Bopil slowly took over a month before Chulmin left.

The editing might not seem different to you but I notice small but significant changes that lets me know it’s not Bopil editing. 

1. The korean screen subtitles and animations have constant sound effects. Bopil wouldn’t add the sound effects all the time. 
  2. Bopil is known for showing a long intro/behind the scenes clips. These past 2 episodes have had minimum intros and no behind the scenes clips.
  3. Clips/segments seem selective and purposeful. Where in the past I would feel clips or games were dragged too long, these past 2 episodes were the opposite.
  4. The new PD has been on screen next to Bopil. 
  5. (This one might be wrong) But I think this new PD brought back bgm that were used for specific members. The one I noticed was Somin’s BGM “tugboat song.” Maybe it’s because they haven’t used it in a while but this song constantly played for Somin during Chulmin times. 

Keep in mind this PD was basically trained by Chulmin PD so her editing/PD style might be very similar.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

On 8/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, minuses said:

To make the transition “seamless” they usually work together as mains and the new PD starts editing and slowly taking over. So she basically is editing these new episodes. They did the same with Chulmin/Bopil where Bopil slowly took over a month before Chulmin left.

The editing might not seem different to you but I notice small but significant changes that lets me know it’s not Bopil editing. 

1. The korean screen subtitles and animations have constant sound effects. Bopil wouldn’t add the sound effects all the time. 
  2. Bopil is known for showing a long intro/behind the scenes clips. These past 2 episodes have had minimum intros and no behind the scenes clips.
  3. Clips/segments seem selective and purposeful. Where in the past I would feel clips or games were dragged too long, these past 2 episodes were the opposite.
  4. The new PD has been on screen next to Bopil. 
  5. (This one might be wrong) But I think this new PD brought back bgm that were used for specific members. The one I noticed was Somin’s BGM “tugboat song.” Maybe it’s because they haven’t used it in a while but this song constantly played for Somin during Chulmin times. 

Keep in mind this PD was basically trained by Chulmin PD so her editing/PD style might be very similar.

yeah i hate to be that guy but that's not true, you're just making assumptions. 

Chul Min's last episode was on Feb 18th (https://gyazo.com/0df443544f923648ca58581bd91e3546 3rd paragraph) while Bo Pil's first episode was on the 24th of February (which i got from google). It'll be the same situation for Bo Pil leaving and the new PD to decide what stays and what doesn't. 

Maybe the new PD had some ideas used in the episodes but for it to be 5 episodes earlier (you said episode 610) (about 2 months), that doesn't really make sense since news of Bo Pil leaving (posted by ji hyo for Bo Pil's farewell party) came out less than 2 weeks ago. 

You said changes were made slowly but only this episode and last episode had intros shortened among other things. 

episode 609 had intro at about 3 minutes until Bo Pil told them the rules. Episodes after that up until 614 had intros at 8 minutes. 615 has a recap and doesn't have an intro. 614 was also the part 1 and the cast members were separated meaning most of the games would be solo play while YJS's games got shown because he was doing it with a group of the cast members. 

The new PD has been next to Bo Pil for months now, she also goes around with Jong Kook who is basically vice captain of RM (YJS being captain).  

While Bo Pil's the main PD, the new PD won't have any say in what footage stays and what footage doesn't. There may be a few small changes like the ones you noticed but not for footage editing. 

• Like 3

So jumping to say, the new PD still isn't in charge in these episodes. We will actually see her in charge probably the episode in 3 weeks ? Not sure but probably that. 

• Like 3

It's been so long since I've uploaded a video on my youtube channel. Should I add one again? I think I have been inactive for so long already and I need to catch up...like REALLY CATCH UP. 

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Episode 616

Spoiler

JSM : I heard Se Chan is seeing someone.

YSC (flustered) : No, I'm not.

KJK : Will you just let him see someone? Why would you bring that up? Just let him date.

Spoiler

spacer.png

I find it interesting seeing KJK scold (jokingly ofc) JSM to just let YSC date someone, basically telling her to set him (YSC) free but I do remember KJK previously said he's ChanMin's fan and wants to see them together. However, as a self-proclaim ChanMin's fan he(KJK) sure is doing things half-heartedly LOL. (Do take this in a lighthearted manner ^^ I'm sure all of them are respecting each other private life)

Bonus Part:

KJK : They say you become pretty when you're in love. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Well, I'm sure my fellow shippers notice someone had been increasingly getting prettier these days ^^ I'm glad KJK also hold the same theory about people seemingly glowing when in love. Of course, this is just me wearing my rosy delulu lens because for all we know any celebs endorsed with CF usually take care of their appearance to not indirectly bring bad attention to the CF brand.

Can't wait for their next interaction. Seems like they subtly tone their interaction down since Episode 610 due to massive media attention (especially from K-Media) but this is better than Kookmin drought era so I'm picking it up even if it's just a piece of interaction .

YSC's unfortunate accident in ep 616 is a perfect comparison just how special JK is to Somin. It also shows that JK is not just a mere oppa.

Note: This is not a comparison between Kookmin and Chanmin. I think the other oppas also had the same accident before but none of it come to my mind. So, I use YSC's case as an example. 

Spoiler

EP-616-1.png

Somin pointed at YSC who suffered some injury.

EP-616-2.png

Preview in ep 615: Somin covered her face while YSC still struggled with his injury.

Somin didn't help YSC, at all. In fact, she covered her face because that accident was embarrassing (yet funny). She only asked YSC if he was okay after YSC recovered a little bit. So, I assume it is not her habit to help her male friend/oppa when he experience that kind of (sensitive) injury (as far as I remember, she never did). 

EXCEPT

EP 605

gALJUS5.gif

Credit: MandelBrot

Spoiler

Background story: A staff kicked the ball and accidentally hit his delicate part. That was why he rolled on the grass like that.

1. Somin was half court away from JK. She was no where near him.

2. She rushed to him. The point is, she made effort to help him. I mean, she is a lady. Just how can she help with that kind of injury.

3. She stood within his personal boundary and push his knees. Ahem... This is not a normal injury :joy:. It is embarrassing to JK, it should be embarrassing to other women too. Usually women will laugh quietly and stay away from the victim. Just like how Somin did to YSC. This kind of injury is indeed embarrassing to her as she covered her face in YSC's case.  What this shows you? JK and Somin are comfortable enough with each other that this kind of thing doesn't make them awkward or embarrass.

- No matter how close they are, they are still a man and a woman. YSC's case shows that kind of injury does embarrass her.

- In the society that prioritize the age and seniority, it will always be a barrier between JK and Somin. The fact that JK is 10 years older than her, it should make her super awkward to approach him. Put yourself in her shoes. If your male colleagues who is 10 years older than you, experience that sensitive kind of injury, would you ever approach him to help? For me, NEVER. 

- But that is not the case for Somin. If JK is just a mere oppa, there is no way she can be comfortable to approach him when he had that kind of injury. She literally helping him by pushing his knees.

- Now, ask yourself, what right Somin have to help JK in that kind of situation? The only reason I can think is, it is because they are a couple.

- Then, it make sense why she rushed to him though she was quite far from him. 

- It make sense why when he experienced the sensitive injury, Somin didn't feel awkward or embarrass to be approach him.

- It make sense why she acted as she has the right to help him and other oppas didn't question her. In fact, Haha just left him alone with Somin before a male staff came.

- We didn't notice how weird the fact Somin was alone pushing JK's knees because the camera zoomed in and excluded Somin from the frame. But imagine if you saw the scene by yourself, without the interference of camera zoom or editing. Surely you will think something must going on between JK and Somin when you saw Somin was alone helping the 'injured' JK.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Wiggle 2

@kyoko22 i did have the same thought as yours...Somin didnt checked on sechan even he's her bff in rm. she didn't even looked panicked, differ during when jk was in pain...

n somin really like to tease jk and see his cute reaction, thats why she kept on attacked him..

for woojae case, she just want to get revenge because of earlier scene in the beginning of the race.

• Like 11

I love this forum, and i love read all the comments,

Kookmin always have a special place in my heart,

But before I continue, i want to say sorry for my bad English,

So...in my spare time, i like to do tarot card reading,

Just for fun, and nothing serious,

And randomly i mention kookmin name in my reading,

Disclaimer: this is just for fun,

And you guys now what card appears?,

It's a 'STRENGTH' card,

And this is the explanation of the card, (  I copied this from the website because I was afraid I would explain it wrong ),

In this tarot card, you will see a woman who calmly holds the jaws of a fully grown lion. Despite the fact that the lion looks menacing and strong, the woman seems to have dominion over it. What is captivating is how gracefully she controls the lion. She is calm and collected, which is representative for being in control and disciplined especially in times of great adversities.

The fact that she is also holding the jaws of a lion also shows that she has courage. Her control of the lion without being too rough shows love and compassion.

I read this and then found it funny, because this is so 'kookmin':fullofhearts:

1 hour ago, ashima mahajan said:

@MandMumZ I thought of doing it today and it just shocked me as I also got strength card. I don't know how I just got same card as I shuffled tarot too many times.

It's cute, right?,

What a sweet coincidence :heart4:

E617: little kookmin moments....

spacer.png

spacer.png

5f90srI.gif

more...

Spoiler

spacer.png

???

fHyOaD5.gif

Extra: JSM bodybuilder

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit:

I know the world of bodybuilding very well, and JSM does it quite well and knows the poses even though she is doing it as a joke. I think she has seen it many times because of her brother

About the game of chairs

Spoiler

I think KJK loses because he gets distracted by JSM :lol:

• Like 16

10 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

I think KJK loses because he gets distracted by JSM :lol:

I think so too. He was looking at Somin's direction when the whistle blew. He wasn't focus on the chair like he usually do. 

I don't know it is because they stuck at the same place the whole time or it was because JK will flew to LA after the filming, Kookmin seems pretty laid back with their interaction in this episode. They didn't really avoid each other in front of camera.

-Somin gave JK onigiri without fussing about payment because he was hungry. 

-Somin bought JK's land when usually she avoid to make any deal with JK 

-JK gave Somin sandwich when he bought new land near the fridge.

-the interaction before the chair wrestling game. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

From my observation, this episode had prove again how caring JSM can be to people around her. Last time, she help YSC (episode 614) and this time it really make me smile to see how she help KJK. She didn't have to give him onigiri (because how is it benefit her? KJK was making a trade deal with JSJ and he said he was willing to give the towel to JSJ for free because of JSM 'good deed' when JSM actually didn't have anything to do with their trade deal). For me, she just wants to give KJK something to eat because it's obvious he's really hungry at that time (YJS also mention it when he saw KJK eat once he moved to another land). 

The second thing I notice it when she offers to buy KJK land for 100 dollars. To be fair, JSM mentions herself the land might not bring that much profit (there's also a risk that the land might have some bad factor) but she offers to buy it at a high price which KJK gladly accept. This is where I notice she's trying to assist KJK in the game because you can see how KJK is basically stuck in his single piece of land because he didn't have money to buy another land. He can't move from that land because he didn't have money to pay the toll (can't even get something to eat as well T__T), which is obvious he can't actively participate in their game. So by purchasing his land at a fair price, JSM basically gives him the opportunity to participate more. I must say she really learn well from YJS wit.

Lastly, Kookmin shippers can agree as well LOL 

spacer.png

Credit : Rahayu Muktiayu

In JK's latest vlog, JK mentioned that Somin really wants to come to LA. And this was during VIP fan meeting. The one from fancam before was during the concert. So, he specifically mentioned that she really really wants to go to LA twice on the concert day.

Note: I was really waiting for the concert day vlog. To see whether he will include the part he mentioned Somin or not. And he didn't disappoint me. He even include the different scene from the fan cam.

• Like 10
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

I've been planning to make new fmv but I already missed lots of episodes. And when I say "lots of episodes", I really mean it. The last fmv I made was a year ago and I haven't watched any rm episodes after that except 3 of the 5 latest episodes. 

And I'm asking for your help, jebal T_T. If you can, please send me links of your fav kookmin moments from Ep. 560 up until the latest one. 

I'm sorry to bother you like this T_T. If it's not possible, it's fine. But I will really appreciate and love it if it is possible. T_T

• Like 3