[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

3 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

-Why YJS knew that JSM was in a karaoke days before.

The karaoke part I think is just an innocent guess by YJS. Somin indeed went to karaoke a day before they filmed this episode. She went hiking with her drama casts (IG post dated 4th September). I don't remember who posted IG story of them at karaoke together on the same day. 

Edit: it was Somin herself who posted the IG story

But the conversation about Somin's love life is really interesting. JK acted like an overprotective older brother when they are just a colleague in reality. Of course YJS and Haha did too but in JK's case, he should worry about his love life first :joy:. And out of blue, JSJ talked about JK. I mean, if they are going to maintain the Overprotective Oppa role, JSJ should talk about SJH next. Why suddenly talk about the woman who wants to meet JK. And YJS immediately cut him off.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 3

Why do they look so in love this ep.? When they next to each other they always smile and laugh. JK grabs her hand when they celebrate, SM lean toward him when he say something at table tennis and the bus scene. 

did he put his hand on her shoulder at the lunch scene?

Apologize to PD nim that I speak too soon that you will give us only very very little of KookMin moments.

I remember mentioning before (not sure if it was on this forum or the Instagram group) that they are likely to push Kookmin as siblings to viewers in the future in order for them to be able to be paired together and interact on RM. When they forced them to distance too many people ( especially Kookmin fans) noticed. Like Bluelagoon246 mentioned 'they look so in love'. I agree with her/him. They do.

From my observations both are finding it difficult to not interact or react to one another . Even JS can't control their interactions these days even though he hovers over them like a chaperone. The alternative is to push a siblings relationship. Most viewers are gullible and will fall for this. 

Why focus so much on convincing the viewers Somin is single and not dating? Somin said she hadn't dated in 5 years. However, we know this isn't true as she dated in 2018, was seen on a date at a musical in 2019 and went on a date, set up by Chul Min PD in December 2020. All of these Somin has admitted to  on RM herself. 

I noticed when JK started singing with Somin in the bus and he was looking into her eyes, the other female member (she who must not be named according to some) tried to cover for them by touching JK's arm. JK often forgets to be guarded when interacting with Somin and one of the members will say or do something to distract from their interaction. There are times when they all pretend they haven't noticed Kookmin interaction at all. I find Haha's reactions very telling. In this episode, JK automatically turns towards Somin when celebrating and then you can see him remember to include the other person in the celebration. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

I also want to add another moment I noticed during the table tennis segment... Before starting playing while practicing, Haha seemed annoyed at Somin, Jong kook just came to her defense like "Don't show your annoyance" to Haha and then comforting somin that it is okay while pating her shoulder... That is so unexpected from KJK..

And then suddenly SJH becomes concerned about Somin as well.. As if she wasn't just watching them play uninterested a few seconds before.. Just to copy KJK, she acted like worried about somin.. Possibly to hide the obviously weird interaction between the 2!

30 minutes ago, N M V said:

I also want to add another moment I noticed during the table tennis segment... Before starting playing while practicing, Haha seemed annoyed at Somin, Jong kook just came to her defense like "Don't show your annoyance" to Haha and then comforting somin that it is okay while pating her shoulder... That is so unexpected from KJK..

And then suddenly SJH becomes concerned about Somin as well.. As if she wasn't just watching them play uninterested a few seconds before.. Just to copy KJK, she acted like worried about somin.. Possibly to hide the obviously weird interaction between the 2!

why does HAHA seem annoyed with somin? is it abiut the game?

11 minutes ago, Rose Flores said:

Haha was explaining to Somin how to play.. But maybe his tone wasn't good, this caught jong kook attention thus him telling Haha to stop..

Edit: To be honest, I didn't know Haha was annoyed, it's just what KJK said... KJK was talking to YJS and team and then turned to Haha and Somin having caught something off from Haha/Somin interaction, like it was really just 1 second looking at them and Ba-Bam ~ "Don't show your annoyance" like super protective of Somin ~~

Edited by N M V
Clarification

RM-621-1.png

JK interrupted and tried to harmonize with Somin too. That eye contact though. Holding eye contact is really burdensome especially when sitting that close. But JK and Somin was and is so comfortable with it. I think their harmonize session was edited out. JK, Somin and YJS still held their coffee cup. And the bus still in building area. But the next shot when Somin sang with YJS, all the coffee cups already not in their hand. And the bus already on the main road. So, some footage was cut out here. 

Spoiler

1. Somin said she doesn't have a love life. But what I want to highlight here is how fast JK's face change.

RM-621-2.png

Somin: I really don't have one.

Note: JK was still laughing up to this point.

RM-621-3.png

In split second, his facial reaction changed. I root for Kookmin, so I'm bias. I conclude that the sudden change in facial expression was due to her statement (I don't have one).

Note: Use Haha who was adjusting his spectacles as a reference of this split second.

2. Haha's warning to Somin's future boyfriend 

RM-621-4.png

Haha cursed and acted as he wanted to beat the Future Boyfriend.

RM-621-5.png

Haha:  I don't know who you are... (Haha knew who he is)

Haha's message may seemed innocent.  But imagine that  Kookmin is really a couple. Do you realize how Haha was enjoying this opportunity to curse JK in the name of anonymity? And Haha always enjoy every opportunity he has to curse, bad mouthing  or get back to JK. Which is also why the members laughing so much at Haha's warning.  They understood that Have was cursing JK 'straight' to his face, enjoying every second of it and JK couldn't do anything about it. 

3. Talking about JK's priority...

RM-621.png

The members had to reveal their potatoes. Somin revealed that she had 9 left. JK's focus was on the fact that Somin had 10 in the beginning though their team member about to reveal hers. He still interested on Somin's potatoes though the member with least number of potato already revealed. Talking about priority...

And this is a normal occurrence. Kookmin, though they sat/stood far, they still talked and focused to/on each other. That is why I don't really bother if there is so little moment of Kookmin in every episode. Because they still showed they were focusing on each other no matter where they were in the room. 

EP-617.png

EP 617, in that such a large studio, Somin looked at JK and JK looked at Somin's direction. When the group who were eating was more interesting to watch. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I don't know if I'm the only one who notices this, because from ep 600 onwards I know that we seem to be seeing more of the interaction between kjk and jsm and I noticed that Haha's reactions to jsm and kjk seem to be different. It seems that sometimes, you only see a plain/blank reaction from him or sometimes he seems to be annoyed by the onscreen interaction of the two. I don't really know if I'm the only one who notices it. And lets imagine that kjk and jsm are dating? I seem to have noticed that HAHA is not happy about it.

guys? why every time I post a comment, it comes out like that? do you know why? I'm new to this forum hahaha I don't know how to use it.

37 minutes ago, Rose Flores said:

Because HH is the top candidate for a penalty in their group so he's in dire need to win their game but JSM as usual is stubborn to join the game even though she's really bad at it :joy: Plus HH can be quite competitive for games like soccer & table tennis so all the more reason to be annoyed with her. I'm currently binge-watch RM since JSM & YSC first join as cast & it never fails to amaze me with how much kookmin relationships evolve. KJK used to only hangout with his trio brother & JSM is always awkward with him yet in today's episode you can see how she's not afraid to argue/talk back to KJK ( not gonna kidding their banter looks like a typical lover fight to me LOL). 

For today's episode, I'm satisfied with the amount they feed us (with kookmin interaction). I have so many delulu perspectives but I'll hold myself so I don't sound crazy :joy: . 

Kookmin fighting~~ :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 1

The idea that Haha is genuinely annoyed with Kookmin interaction or dislikes Somin is an oft repeated accusation made by Somin haters. If Haha didn't like Somin, why did he choose her as his type in Showterview with Jessi in December 2021? He was asked to name three females who are his ideal type within 5 seconds. He chose Jessi, Mijoo and Somin. Then looked panicked when he realised he had said Somin. Why did he panic? Think about it.

Somin is also going to  guest on the golf show on 22nd September with Haha. However, I don't know if that is Haha's choice or the pd's. 

Haha is playing his character. He is supposed to be childish and cowardly, willing to hide behind even women to save himself. As Nerdyo2266 said, Haha  desperately does not want to do the penalty and is worried Somin will be the cause of his group failing. It's all for entertainment. Somin is also very easy going and the other member is known to get genuinely upset if she's treated harshly so you will notice that everyone will generally tiptoe around that person . From time to time JS, JSJ and even JK will make a harsh comment to or about that person but it's Somin who is generally treated harshly by all. That is because it's her role to be annoying. JK like Haha had the role to be annoyed but lately JK is extra soft on Somin so that leaves mainly Haha doing the annoyed big brother act. 

Also remember it wasn't Somin who asked Haha if she made him uncomfortable. Nobody is suggesting he hates the other member after that comment. 

Edit: Added additional details. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

48 minutes ago, NoonooBu said:

The idea that Haha is genuinely annoyed with Kookmin interaction or dislikes Somin is an oft repeated accusation made by Somin haters. If Haha didn't like Somin, why did he choose her as his type in Showterview with Jessi in December 2021? He was asked to name three females who are his ideal type within 5 seconds. He chose Jessi, Mijoo and Somin. Then looked panicked when he realised he had said Somin. Somin is also going guest on the golf show on 22nd September with Haha. 

Haha is playing his character. He is supposed to be childish and cowardly, willing to hide behind even women to save himself. As Nerdyo2266 said, Haha  desperately does not want to do the penalty and is worried Somin will be the cause of his group failing. It's all for entertainment.

Also remember it wasn't Somin who asked Haha if she made him uncomfortable. Nobody is suggesting he hates the other member after that comment. 

His reaction after he said that mijoo, somin and jessi are his ideal types is just for fun because if you notice it's easier to say that mijoo, somin and jessi are his ideal types because it's not a big deal to the listeners. The viewers can't say anything bad especially that he is married and it's easiest to say that (those three are his ideal type) because they know that those three are his close/co-workers

51 minutes ago, ashima mahajan said:

Today episode I also noticed that whenever jk was saying something to somin jihyo repeated the same sentence like when jk said to haha don't be annoyed jihyo repeated that , when jk said play like this to somin jihyo repeated that again, also while both of them sang jihyo interrupted them. I know many will disagree with me and I am not badmouthing here someone. The ace has changed very much from last few days like she for the first time I saw her wear shorts and now today the top was too tight and we all know she is very thin and her bust can't be this big so she is now trying to portray her sexy image to impress someone. This is my assumption she doesn't know about kookmin as couple or kookmin are not dating and she wants to impress jk so that she can date her. 

In advance I want to say to anyone who gonna say don't talk about ace here. I am not badmouthing her, all running man members are dear to me so please let me tell my opinion and please stay out of it. 

I totally agree with rose flares I have also noticed from all the episodes so far haha doesn't like idea of jk and somin together. I have seen him more happy when he tease jihyo and jk. And for me the reason is he is more close to jihyo. I think he likes jihyo more. Whenever jaesuk in starting teased jk with somin he never looked happy but whenever possible he start to tease jk with jihyo. 

Nerdyo please share all your observations it's always fun to read other people kookmin analysis.

1. It's really possible that he doesn't like it if KJK and Somin are dating because maybe he's known " " longer than Somin.

2. It's also possible that he doesn't join in whenever they joke with KJK and Somin because there's something he doesn't want others to know (especially he's one of KJK's close friends) so he usually doesn't show a reaction.

3. And when I look back at the running man episodes in 2019-2021, I noticed that the two of them usually make jokes that are cut and not shown on TV. Haha sometimes joins in when the two of them (kjk and jsm) are joking to each other because you can hear him the laughing and you can hear his voice because he is talking even when the camera is not focused on KJK and JSM and I noticed that in the Brave Girls episode but that didn't happen only in that episode. There are many others. It's just hard for me to remember everything HAHAHAHAH. Btw, I also noticed that there was a moment when the three of them were joking, KJK tapped HAHA's thigh to maybe stop her from joking because the camera was already focused on them. Brave Girls episode.

4. And even then, Somin said that Haha was one of the running man members that he didn't immediately become close to

Edited by Rose Flores

44 minutes ago, ashima mahajan said:

otherwise why in the party somin gave fourth rank to jk

It could be just because she knew that JK will eventually know about the ranking. YJS talks a lot. If the topic is about Somin, pretty sure that ranking will comes out. Even the conversation about Somin thinking of marriage to JK also being exposed by YJS. Let alone that ranking. If not, Haha could talk about it in RM chat room. So basically, it is so easy for it to reach JK. I think, there is no other reason for Somin to rank him last other than she just wanted to tease him.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Rose Flores said:

His reaction after he said that mijoo, somin and jessi are his ideal types is just for fun because if you notice it's easier to say that mijoo, somin and jessi are his ideal types because it's not a big deal to the listeners. The viewers can't say anything bad especially that he is married and it's easiest to say that (those three are his ideal type) because they know that those three are his close/co-workers

1. It's really possible that he doesn't like it if KJK and Somin are dating because maybe he's known " " longer than Somin.

2. It's also possible that he doesn't join in whenever they joke with KJK and Somin because there's something he doesn't want others to know (especially he's one of KJK's close friends) so he usually doesn't show a reaction.

3. And when I look back at the running man episodes in 2019-2021, I noticed that the two of them usually make jokes that are cut and not shown on TV. Haha sometimes joins in when the two of them (kjk and jsm) are joking to each other because you can hear him the laughing and you can hear his voice because he is talking even when the camera is not focused on KJK and JSM and I noticed that in the Brave Girls episode but that didn't happen only in that episode. There are many others. It's just hard for me to remember everything HAHAHAHAH. Btw, I also noticed that there was a moment when the three of them were joking, KJK tapped HAHA's thigh to maybe stop her from joking because the camera was already focused on them. Brave Girls episode.

4. And even then, Somin said that Haha was one of the running man members that he didn't immediately become close to

Then what do you think of Haha's response (His first response was to loudly exclaim  'How can I choose Somin! ' rather than 'How can I choose either?' ) when Haha was told by Jessi to choose who he would choose to kiss in a romantic music video between the two RM ladies. Haha didn't choose Somin. In fact, he could have said neither as he's married. He's supposed to have been attracted to the og member in his early days so to choose her is a bit risky. My main point is :Again why his extreme reaction to Somin?  That was twice in that interview. 

I'd like to add my thoughts to another comment made about Somin saying she was not close to Haha. She said this on the first two episodes of RM after she joined (346 /347). It was obviously JK who was colder to Somin in the early days, however, for whatever reason (most likely because he is much more approachable and less 'scary' ) Somin decided to mention Haha. It was Haha who joined Kwangsoo and the maknaes outside of RM in their drinking sessions in the early days of Somin and Sechan joining RM as members . (Later JK also joined this group) . JK didn't soften towards Somin till around episode 387.

Haha and Somin are part of the betrayal group who are often portrayed as greedy or selfish/childish. I don't see his actions towards Somin in RM as anything other him playing his role. JK himself said recently that they (Somin and Haha) had  drifted apart on RM because of lack of trust as Haha often betrayed Somin in RM. I believe there's no genuine bad blood between them (Haha is too easy going) and I also don't think Haha would interfere in JK's choice of partner. Most importantly JK wouldn't tolerate it either. 

• Like 5

I agree that haha and his reaction to kookmin is a little weird but I don't think it's because he doesn't like Somin haha too close to kjk I think and I could be wrong but haha knows something that we don't know and he tries as much as possible not to show it And be the one who revealed it or hint for this thing We all know how close these two are haha his best friend and  partner  So haha trying not to be the reason because that could lead to the end of their friendship There is something I'm almost sure of it that kjk is currently dating, whether it's Somin or  someone else We also know how much kjk likes to keep his personal life private And he said, he will not announce the matter unless he gets married If kjk and somin are dating or  have feelings for each other and this is what i guess and  think. i could be wrong or kjk is dating someone else and haha knows this person  and sees how much kjk treats  somin differently and worries about the feelings of the person kjk dating Either way he's trying to protect his friend and that's what good friends do And if  you say why he didn't do this with sjh because he knows there is nothing between them and it will not be and this is  just a fake love line and This  what js  and kjk confirmed on  kjk   youtube channel and they left no room for doubt or the possibility of a date between these two people in the future so haha is playing along for the show  benefit and favor to sjh his friend to have screen time This is what I think about  haha behavior towards kookmin. As for the discussion about somin dating  life I find it very strange And haha reaction here was similar when he wanted to tease kjk with something secret between them But I understand why they do that because lately, attention in Korea has increased towards kookmin They are trying to protect them from the haters and from a lot of attention. This justifies sjh behavior  in the last episode because it was strange and I find no other explanation for it. There will be no way to separate the kookmin and  not look more suspicious because these two forget the camera and  not control themselves. Here comes their friends' turn to protect them, and here I repeat again, I may be wrong but this my opinion Finally I am very happy with what is happening in kookmin land now,  because which was previously impossible, does not seem impossible at all now I love to read everything you write here, I love you guys :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, T st said:

I agree that haha and his reaction to kookmin is a little weird but I don't think it's because he doesn't like Somin haha too close to kjk I think and I could be wrong but haha knows something that we don't know and he tries as much as possible not to show it And be the one who revealed it or hint for this thing We all know how close these two are haha his best friend and  partner  So haha trying not to be the reason because that could lead to the end of their friendship There is something I'm almost sure of it that kjk is currently dating, whether it's Somin or  someone else We also know how much kjk likes to keep his personal life private And he said, he will not announce the matter unless he gets married If kjk and somin are dating or  have feelings for each other and this is what i guess and  think. i could be wrong or kjk is dating someone else and haha knows this person  and sees how much kjk treats  somin differently and worries about the feelings of the person kjk dating Either way he's trying to protect his friend and that's what good friends do And if  you say why he didn't do this with sjh because he knows there is nothing between them and it will not be and this is  just a fake love line and This  what js  and kjk confirmed on  kjk   youtube channel and they left no room for doubt or the possibility of a date between these two people in the future so haha is playing along for the show  benefit and favor to sjh his friend to have screen time This is what I think about  haha behavior towards kookmin. As for the discussion about somin dating  life I find it very strange And haha reaction here was similar when he wanted to tease kjk with something secret between them But I understand why they do that because lately, attention in Korea has increased towards kookmin They are trying to protect them from the haters and from a lot of attention. This justifies sjh behavior  in the last episode because it was strange and I find no other explanation for it. There will be no way to separate the kookmin and  not look more suspicious because these two forget the camera and  not control themselves. Here comes their friends' turn to protect them, and here I repeat again, I may be wrong but this my opinion Finally I am very happy with what is happening in kookmin land now,  because which was previously impossible, does not seem impossible at all now I love to read everything you write here, I love you guys :fullofhearts:

I agree with most of what you wrote. The only thing I disagree with is Haha being concerned about JK's girlfriend's feelings more than JK would be himself . JK is known to be very loyal when in a relationship and the interaction between Kookmin goes both ways. It's not just Somin being friendly or flirty with JK. The full, face to face and eyes staring into the other's eyes communication between them and occasional adoring looks go both ways (I'm remembering the look in JK's eyes when Somin was being interrogated in the previous episode and especially when she started dancing). Remember the JK House episode and the sofa chair and pirate barrel incidents? 

I love reading people's differing opinions too. It's nice to be in contact with people who love Somin, even though from time to time we get infiltrators pretending to be Kookmin supporters and trying to spread their negativity/ poison. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, NoonooBu said:

I agree with most of what you wrote. The only thing I disagree with is Haha being concerned about JK's girlfriend's feelings more than JK would be himself . JK is known to be very loyal when in a relationship and the interaction between Kookmin goes both ways. It's not just Somin being friendly or flirty with JK. The full, face to face and eyes staring into the other's eyes communication between them and occasional adoring looks go both ways (I'm remembering the look in JK's eyes when Somin was being interrogated in the previous episode and especially when she started dancing). Remember the JK House episode and the sofa chair and pirate barrel incidents? 

I love reading people's differing opinions too. It's nice to be in contact with people who love Somin, even though from time to time we get infiltrators pretending to be Kookmin supporters and trying to spread their negativity/ poison. 

It's a simple possibility and I said I prefer the first possibility  Yes, the two flirt, and I find kjk more flirting with her, more than Somin. These hate Somin and they are blind.Somin is a wonderful person and kjk would be lucky if he ended up with someone like her who is beautiful, funny and nice Don't care about sick people, these two are great if they're together and or not I'm a fan of kjk more than somin but i hope kjk ends with somin with all my heart because she is such a wonderful person i love her so much:biubiu:

Edited by T st
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 2:48 AM, AmbrellaKookie said:

It’s just so funny to me that @kookminstanner123 chooses not to mention SJH to “focus on Kookmin” but the 1st time this account mentions another woman on this thread is to repeat the insinuation that KJK and YEH are clout users without even disagreeing. The same account who brings up Kwangmin feud (unnecessary, negative rumor for Somin) the 1st time they posted here but speaks up for SJH when she’s not even insulted on this thread (let’s not compare), lmao.

I’m really fascinated, which toxic fandom keeps saying Kookmin (and YEH) are clout users and brings up the so-called Kwangmin feud (none of the viewers’ business, btw) every chance they get? Is it the one who sent death threats to Hong Jinyoung?

—-

Anyway, I’m so excited that good things are happening to Kookmin. Somin is nominated for Seoul International Drama Awards for her excellent acting performance in HeeSoo and KJK recently finished a successful concert abroad. Booked and busy, our Kookmin!

You think im a spy or something? YEH and Jong Kook actually dated while there's no evidence of Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo dating. Theres also a huge comparison with shippers shipping Spartace vs Kookmin and nobody really cares about shipping Jong Kook and YEH together because there's proof that KJK and Yoon Eun Hye have already dated and already broken up. 

That's why im saying lets not bring up Song Ji Hyo. 

It's like bringing up Jong Kook and Yoon Bo-Mi, there's nothing there so it's fine to mention it. 

BTW were there any kookmin moments this episode? 

• Unamused 1

People are looking way too deep into things. Haha is very adept and social media and knows very well jobgkooks other ship is very very popular and draws a lot of the foreign fanbases eyes to clips of the show. That's the only reason the show paired them together. It's not like she has that much chemistry with him afterall. He pushes that ship for the same reason everyone does cause it gets views cause that fanbases loves it that's it. 

I don't get why people are trying to insinuate secret affections and betrayals and stuff like it's something that deep. The two have stated they aren't dating and that's its all for the fans of the ship.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Hi Im a first time replier lol and I just want to share my personal opinion on HH reaction for Kookmin.

tbh I feel familiar looking at HH reaction because that was what I used to do back then when both my colleagues (whose one of them also my close friend) secretly dating one another

In my case, me and my other 2 friends (also colleagues) were the only ones who know about them dating and after finding out we never publicly set the two together because

1. obviously they asked us to keep it a secret

2. It’s kinda awkward to see your two colleagues flirting or acting giddy with one another during work

3. It can be annoying too lol at times u just wanna focus but u just know that these 2 people has deeper connections and that they’re acting in front of many others

And most of the time we just keep our face straight and not reacting much whenever the secret couple interact with one another, only to tease them secretly when other people not in presence.

So I feel like, considering that it may be possible for the same thing to be applied by RM members (not confirmed but yeah something to ponder) I feel like we shouldn’t be too harsh in interpreting the reason behind other members’ reaction. For someone who had been working together and also close irl it’s a bit unfair to assume that they hate/uncomfortable with one another by just a short seconds of clips.

And just to add back then even we like to tease our friend with other people despite knowing she’s in relationship with the other guy, (because in a way it’s like we actually teasing the couple) so the bus scene actually reminded me a lot to that time when they’re both still hiding their relationship. And the girl always say things like “I’ve been single for so long” or “How i wish to be in relationship” when the boyfriend is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER, WORKING LOL and usually if she said that we’ll just play along (since we’re all real close friends irl) we’ll be saying about what kind of person suits her (sometimes we say smth completely opposite of the boyfriend lol) so yeah watching todays episode actually brought back many memories.

Now those 2 friends are getting married soon so i hope it’s not wrong for me to wish for the same for KookMin. Anyway pls take what I said with grain of salt. I also wanna express my gratitude to yall for the intriguing opinions. It’s always enjoyable for me to read this forum. 

Have a good day yall 

Edited by Itsbrutalouthere

Let people say their opinion, whether it was deep or just a simple opinion. If it is respectful, where is the problem, it remains all speculation. The goal here is the discussion between us, whether it was right or wrong, be open and let people say their opinion :idk:

• Like 1