[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

hate Young Man so much! He's such a d**k! And his mother is worse! He deserved it.

Yes Young man is so provocative. His mother makes me want to puke :confounded:

The grandpa is not stupid, he knows that his daughter and her son Young man are feeble-minded and greedy. If he leaves the company in their hands, they will ruin it. His only mistake is making comparisons. He should have tried to absorb their hatred against Eun suk. I really feel so sorry for Eun suk, an orphan who lost his parents, his evil aunt and useless nephew hate him. Somehow the grandfather is trying to make it up to him. But still he should be more wise in dealing with his daughter and her son, because favoring Eun Suk  makes them hate him more.

Although I don't like Eun Ji's character, still she has some redeeming features, she likes her grandpa and Eun suk to some extent. I think she is playing on both sides, which is a very bad thing :angry: she is spying all the time too, which is so distasteful to me, but still the actress is funny, I hope she gets a better role next time 

@tulip06 you should have joined me in defending Namjun in left-handed wife :D he was real evil :D I was strongly defending him because of the amazing acting skills of the actor, but Young man really is so indistinct, I feel if he is omitted from the drama, he won't leave a blank space :D

the interesting character here is Man soo, he is so mysterious :)

unlike most of you I like Jenny, she is like Rapunzel :D I feel really sorry for her. 

The whole drama is full of suspense and I really like it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The grandpa is not stupid, he knows that his daughter and her son Young man are feeble-minded and greedy. If he leaves the company in their hands, they will ruin it. His only mistake is making comparisons. He should have tried to absorb their hatred against Eun suk. I really feel so sorry for Eun suk, an orphan who lost his parents, his evil aunt and useless nephew hate him. Somehow the grandfather is trying to make it up to him. But still he should be more wise in dealing with his daughter and her son, because favoring Eun Suk  makes them hate him more.

I don't like EJ either. I find her annoying. 

The favoritism is definitely wrong.

Mystery solved about how Man Soo was holding the picture of a young Ji Hwa Ja and her young daughters... he was in her house.  He invited her and Song Ah to lunch with him and Jenny, and while JHJ was getting her jacket, he looked at the pictures on the table.

Shady Mom got the DNA results to confirm Jenny /JHJ relationship.  Jenny designs a strange looking suit for (is it really half striped and plain, or is it the same suit with solid or stripe fabric choice?)  the J Group.  I think she had ES in mind and it is in honor of him, without his knowing.

Shady Mom tries to track down who sent the pictures.   Preview shows Dong Joo and Kyung Soo have their "storyboard" set up and that they are getting some new information that seems surprising.

59 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am starting to like Man soo :D

me too; found it interesting that even song ah and mom felt a bit sorry for man su and decided to be a little nicer to him. he described shady mom as the "evilest woman in the world" his dad fell in love with -- so am guessing that he isn't shady mom's son. also said that it wasn't part of the plan and so he seems to really like jenny but his big plan is something else altogether. perhaps, we will see more of his story based on the preview? jenny seems more accepting of her fate with man soo and less antagonistic towards him. perhaps, his entire revenge plan will be carried out before he even marries jenny...

song ah and dong joo were quite cute with their flirting with food. hahahaha... like the old fashioned music that shows up whenever these two interact. eun seok seems to have decided to move on -- will he actually go on a blind date?

9 hours ago, msmy said:

Jenny designs a strange looking suit for (is it really half striped and plain, or is it the same suit with solid or stripe fabric choice?)  the J Group.

yea, thought it looked really strange. guess thats part of being a designer? ^_^

The flashback had the gangsters saying, "That wench.... I heard she even gave birth to your child" as Man Soo watched his father being murdered.  So I'm still thinking he is shady Mom's son.  Preview  looks interesting as Jenny starts questioning MS about his childhood.  And Dong Joo is getting the connection between the snuffed out detective and MS's hotel.  I'm wondering if MS gets suspicious of DJ's detective work if he might sabotage it in order to get to shady Mom himself?  I know MS looks charming, but I'm wondering if he has a dark side.  <_<

The drama is a mix of fairytale and suspense, don't look for logic :D everything is exaggerated, stepmom is the evil witch, Jenny is Rapunzel locked in a castle and EK is prince charming on a white horse :D 

Some comedy with Young man and his sister

Some suspense, the Black rose and Mansoo, what more can we wish for? :D

Maybe Jenny just needs to grow her short hair so that the prince can climb on it :D

At this point it looks like Man Soo was behind the  murder of the detective in Hong Kong by instructing "Alberto" to hire a hit man to get rid of the detective and paying $300,000  for the job.  That means anybody else that starts getting closer to the discovery of the "Black Rose" will be in danger.  I'm convinced that MS wants to expose shady Mom himself in his own way.  But shady Mom has her own network of bad guys, so I'm afraid MS could become a victim himself. 

As expected, our main couple gets "redirected" for awhile with different potential partners.  That may last for awhile and not especially interesting, but that is so typical daily drama so I guess we just deal with it.  :unamused: (unamused).

Poor Eun Ji is so delusional that she is setting herself up for a huge disappointment that will send her into depression for months.  Jeez, get a grip.  :angry:

@msmy I was also disappointed at first, but now things are getting more exciting, because I am starting to like Mansoo, so I don't mind watching his one-sided love :) I hope Jenny forgives him near the end though, because he is not like shady mom. I feel that he will help Jenny, which might cause her to sympathize with him, and for me, it is enough

I hope he is not committing serious crimes though, because his wealth looks suspicious to me, seems he is involved in illegal activities

(Still haven't watched the last episode) and as you guessed he might have killed the detective

But also Mansoo is the only one who can defeat shady mom

Umm that girl with ES is crazy she slap someone she does not know at all.

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/suspicious-mother-in-law-e46.html

Also everyone laughing and smiling with person that did all that to ES really makes angry. Like nothing at all matters  I really dont like Jenny or  anyone in her family to be honest.

I dont think i see a heel turn this quick ever and I really dislike everything about.

Hate  MS and  his creepy and disgusting nature or forcing someone to marry him and  smiling about it each episode.

I see there was a reason why I mostly avoided this drama!  Something about it really makes me angry and I dont know what! :rage:

I'm looking forward to the sub for ep. 46.  The 2 couples' encounter in the park was awkward (Jenny and MS, ES and his blind date), and when the girl with ES recognized Jenny, she badmouthed her when they left.  That set ES off, and he ended up getting slapped for defending Jenny.  Later the girl apologized to ES when she visited his office.  Anyway, short lived potential relationship.

More has come out about the dead detective story and the hotel.  Waiting for subs.  It's getting good, and ES is included in the discussions.

Shady Mom found out through MS that Jenny is doing an interview with Kyung In and seemed to back down a little during the discussion.  That was short lived when Mom barged in to the interview and made a scene.  She stormed out, but not before dropping a recorder pen in the pencil jar by the door.  Jenny suspected something odd, and immediately walked over and picked out the pen.  She is remembering the strange childhood she had while living on the streets.  Her  doubts about her mother are increasing.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Hate  MS and  his creepy and disgusting nature or forcing someone to marry him and  smiling about it each episode.

Can't stand him either. I hope some righteousness is coming his way before the drama is all over. I hope he and WSJ get set on a course of mutual distruction. Especially expecting to be all chummy with Song Ah and her mother. Right now the only thing interesting to me in this drama is the Dong Joo, Song Ah and EJ love triangle. OF course we know EJ will end up the loser. Love the actress playing Song Ah. She is cute as a button to me.

It's obvious Jenny is just tolerating his presence but I really can't stand her noble idiocy. 

7 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I see there was a reason why I mostly avoided this drama!  Something about it really makes me angry and I dont know what! :rage:

You avoided it because the mother in law :D I remember

I feel sorry for Eunsuk too. Young man, Eunji and his aunt are so cruel to him. , but if I lose interest in the whole drama, I won't be able to resume watching

That's why I am trying to accept Mansoo, I just think there will be some secrets revealed regarding his relation to shady mom, so the suspense will make it up for the sad love story, that's all. 

To be honest, the best episodes for me when Jenny escaped from Japan to Korea and started exploring. I liked it when she designed the dress for Song Ah, and her first meeting with her real mom

After that I lost interest, especially when crazy shady mom turned over the food table in the garden, while poor Jenny was eating with her real mom and sis. And when Jenny was back in shady mom's prison again, I wanted to quit the whole drama

I was hoping Jenny become free from her shady mom, but alas!! I am dreaming

@nohamahamoud2002 ~ am enjoying the mystery and so not yet decided whether man soo is good or bad. so far, we just have little clues and it could go either way. still makes for an interesting character as it makes you wonder what he wants really. his attempts to get jenny, song ah and mom seems to be calculated. he wants their trust -- maybe he wants them to know him so they can judge for themselves when he tells them important info.

had to laugh at dong joo's horror -- "am I an object?" hahahah... the poor guy was not amused that he is the object of eun ji's crush and told song ah that he will always be there for her. awww. what a sneaky old fashioned way of saying he cares. eun ji is meanwhile trying her hardest to have a lunch date with dong joo.

Episode 46 was sooo good for me!  When DJ asked SA what happened at the office, the argument between her and EJ! At first SA didn’t want to say anything, but end up told him that EJ told her don’t butt in.  And SA said they need to figure out their problem themselves and not getting her involve in it.  And when DJ asked her what did she reply to EJ, SA said and I quote, “Ok,” meaning she won’t butt in.  And DJ get all worked up, it was soo adorable. Also, when DJ said if he is going to take sides, he’ll stand beside SA.  Just that phrase alone got me all in love with these two, haha!  After DJ left, SA got all bashful, and I just love it when she covers herself with her hands, is like teenage romance all over again!!  I can’t stand her cuteness, haha!

To be honest I don’t even want EJ to be part of the triangle relationship and is just me or SA kind of just let EJ have her way?  Like, when EJ told SA to go home after the meeting was done.  She, instead of going on a “lunch date” with DJ, she went home, like what the heck? I hope SA won’t let her ex-in-laws pushes her around cause I’ll drop the show like nothing flat.  SA needs to stand up to those that mistreats her and kill anyone who’s in her way, haha.  She looks so sweet that if a fly comes to her she won’t even kill it, lol!

Honestly, I am only here for SA and her little romance!! And I need to find out who Black Rose and what’s MS’s deal.  Everyone else, especially Jenny, she drives me nuts.  Oh, now that I am on the topic of Jenny.  I feel so bad for SA because she already feels guilty about her little sister’s losing and every time her mom reminds her about Kyung Ah (KA), I wonder what is SA thinking.  All these years, I wonder how she was able to endure all these headaches.  I mean I know it is no ones fault, but still.  SA, the poor girl, I hope nothing but happiness will come her way.  She had so many misfortunes.

@Jamie Hartford welcome :) I remember seeing you in another thread. Was it "my only one"??

I am glad your are shipping Dong Joo and Song Ah, they are the only happy couple now. I really wish for more detective work from Gangnam Sherlock, Dong Joo's friend :) he is funny and I like him very much :D  , he will make a good couple with Kyung In :D 

I am three episodes behind already, because I don't like surprises, I read your comments mainly, and decide whether to watch or not, because I don't like the turn of events.

Archived