[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] You Are My Destiny 你是我的命中注定

sugarplum892

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I was watching ep 15 today and JX's mother came to visit her.   The mother went to their bedroom and saw Anna's pictures.  She was mad and furious that XY still has a pictures of Anna in their bedroom.  Then she saw the divorce agreement too. She was so angry that she took a marker and marks Anna's face and took the picture out of the wall. I am just wondering if it's right for her to do that to Anna's picture though.  If I were her, I won't have the gut to do that.  I would go talked to my son-in-law directly.  

This scene was intense.

I think one of the things this version does better than all the other versions I've seen is keeping XY likable. There were a few times in other versions that I hated the ML for being unreasonable and cruel. The few times XY has crossed the line were either unintentional or when he was feeling overwhelmed and he always tries to make up for his missteps. Except for that picture. That picture is cruel, not intentionally, maybe, but still so cruel. It's a slap in the face to JX every times she sees it and it is so unfair. That he never thinks of how she feels sleeping in that room with that picture dominating everything is just callous. So when JX's mom vandalized that picture I understood how upset she must be. How can she let her pregnant daughter be treated like this? Her sweet, kind daughter who puts everyone else's feelings first. How can she as her mother stand for this? She can't. She just can't and honestly I'm so happy it's gone. 

53 minutes ago, taekwang said:

What does this mean? $100?

Because JX was sharing with Dylan her childhood story that she found a $100 bill at her mum’s noodles stall. She was so happy and spent the money to buy stuff that she like and didn’t tell her mum. The next day, an aunty came to ask her mum if she had found the $100 bill as the money was meant for her kid’s medical fee or something. I can’t really remember for what purpose. Her mum gave $100 to the aunty from her own pocket and said she found it. Her mum didn’t reprimand JX although she knew JX must have found the bill.  XY to her is like the $100 bill. He doesn’t belong to her and he belongs to Anna. 

3 hours ago, libra22 said:

Because JX was sharing with Dylan her childhood story that she found a $100 bill at her mum’s noodles stall. She was so happy and spent the money to buy stuff that she like and didn’t tell her mum. The next day, an aunty came to ask her mum if she had found the $100 bill as the money was meant for her kid’s medical fee or something. I can’t really remember for what purpose. Her mum gave $100 to the aunty from her own pocket and said she found it. Her mum didn’t reprimand JX although she knew JX must have found the bill.  XY to her is like the $100 bill. He doesn’t belong to her and he belongs to Anna. 

oic oic. now i remember the $100 story

refers to Xi yi!

meaning he doesn't belong to her

so sad... =(

thanks =)

On 6/9/2020 at 11:26 PM, lovehuche said:

First impression by Avenue X, YouTube Chinese drama reviewer 

just watching this review and i'm glad that she's mentioned about using the original voice and zhao lin's line delivery

cause i'm really eager to know about that thing from some kind drama expert :blush:

and 1 more thing, when she said that liang jie is already married to someone else... gggooossshh... for instant my heart broken into pieces  ....:heartbreak: :bawling:

oooh.. drama god .. wwwhhyyyy... wwhhyyy.... wwaaaeeee......:bawling:

43 minutes ago, you-nee said:

just watching this review and i'm glad that she's mentioned about using the original voice and zhao lin's line delivery

cause i'm really eager to know about that thing from some kind drama expert :blush:

and 1 more thing, when she said that liang jie is already married to someone else... gggooossshh... for instant my heart broken into pieces  ....:heartbreak: :bawling:

oooh.. drama god .. wwwhhyyyy... wwhhyyy.... wwaaaeeee......:bawling:

I thought she just engaged but I was surprised Avenue X said Liang Jie was married.  Maybe secretly got married that we don't know about; only the Chinese people know only.  Well, the actress Sun Yi (because of meeting you) also married with one kid so i don't feel so heart broken.  I do enjoyed watching them act together.  Luckily, we have 4 dramas starring them.  I am happy for that.  I jus hope they would continue to collaborate in the future.

3 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

I thought she just engaged but I was surprised Avenue X said Liang Jie was married.  Maybe secretly got married that we don't know about; only the Chinese people know only.  Well, the actress Su Yi also married with one kid so i don't feel so heart broken.

oh.. LJ is confirmed married ? to that tibetan actor? i think he's also v good looking.

we should be happy she found her true love....  although all of us will prefer to ship her and Mr lizard as a real couple. =D =P

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

I thought she just engaged but I was surprised Avenue X said Liang Jie was married.  Maybe secretly got married that we don't know about; only the Chinese people know only.  Well, the actress Sun Yi (because of meeting you) also married with one kid so i don't feel so heart broken.  I do enjoyed watching them act together.  Luckily, we have 4 dramas starring them.  I am happy for that.  I jus hope they would continue to collaborate in the future.

I went to search Baidu (Chinese version of google) but couldn't find any news that she is married. She was engaged since 2018. Don't think she is married.

This is how the accident happened!

Voice over - You may think this is how a bitter love rain show will be like

JX - Let me go!

Voice over - In actual fact, it is like this

LJ - Let them pour some rain first

(Caption - Request for early rain for the character's emotion)

Crew - Here come! Rain!

XY - Call the doctor! 

(Caption in yellow - So many people are watching and yet no helping hands)

(Caption in red & white - Have been filming may times in the rain)

(Caption in yellow - Gentleman hands)

(Caption in yellow - Don't say, actually quite heavy.)

XZL - Something still missing

(Caption - Every retake is to present a better one)

Thi

Another BTS. So both learn it on the spot how to change baby diaper. :lol::lol::lol:

Cousin - I really have no idea how to take care a child.

Director - Need to open the bottom of the diaper

(Caption - On site teaching)

LJ - Do this first.Then lift him up. 

(Caption - Rough!)

Director - It's not like that. Cannot do this.

Director - Tuck in the cloth first. Then open this. Right?

Director - Good. Understand?

Director - This is a real baby.

Director - Now is the real one.

(Caption - The urine is real)

XY - Eh! Big one!

(Caption - Scare out of the soul!)

XZL - Why did he really urine?

(Caption - Looking for help. Help!!!)

XZL - He urine. 

(Caption - Why nobody cares about me?)

XZL - I don't know (what to do).

(Caption - Breakdown, Breakdown, Breakdown, Breakdown, Breakdown)

2 hours ago, lovehuche said:

Can someone translate ep 21 preview?  Anna is back.  Thanks in advanc

Translation :

Anna : You're willing to tell me everything that has happened over these days.  I'm very touched, thank you.  I admit, I am very sad.  But this sort of thing is not that hard to solve. I just checked, as long as you finish getting the divorce process with her, we can get married, then I can adopt this child. Then I can tell everyone this child is mine, then nobody will know that something unpleasant happened in our marriage.  I am willing to provide the best care for this child in the place of the birth mother.  When the child is grown up, I will clearly tell him, his birth history, and let him choose, when he wants to find his birth mother. As for that woman, we can....

WXY : That woman is named Chen Jia Xin, our child is called Little Ximi. Our issue was never a problem, and it's not an unpleasant thing.

Anna : From when did it start, when I am no longer a part of "Us".

WXY: But have you really thought about "Us".  From the start the person who believed in you was me, the person waiting in pain for you is also me. The person left alone on the cruise was still me. Anna, the person you love most in your heart, is still You. I am a common person, I also have the right to choose to not be left alone. I'm sorry.

Anna : Have you thought about, why I vanished after your birthday? No news until I returned. 

WXY : I'm sure you have your reasons. But I don't want to know.

Anna : No, you have to know.  Because before the last performance, I fell over, I was sent to the hospital. Not only did I have concussion, I also missed out on the most important final performance. I laid in the hospital for a week before I could get out of bed. The reason why I didn't concentrate during the practice, is because I saw this picture. (shows picture of WXY and CJY on phone)

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

Ep 22 preview,

Translation :

Friend : Be careful! (catches Anna) Be a little careful. It's you! You're out of hospital.  

Anna : Yes.  The doctor said resting at home will be fine, no need to take up a hospital bed. Leaving hospital earlier is good, home is more comfortable than hospital.

Friend : Hmm you're right. Where's your family? Leaving hospital is a big deal, you're by yourself?

Anna : I'm alone in Shanghai, my boyfriend is busy with work, so I don't want to trouble him.

Friend : You're too nice. If it's me leaving the hospital and my boyfriend doesn't come to get me, I would go straight to his company/work, and see what is more important than I am.

Anna : You're so cute/funny.

Friend : Look after yourself, get better soon.

Anna : Ok, I'm leaving first.

Anna thinks to self : The bed is too neat, didn't XY come back to sleep last night?

Note from XY - I'm going back first, Anson will come get you from the hospital tomorrow.

WXY : No worries. I had a "not bad" time at my birthday this year, I had someone else to keep me company.

My thoughts on Ep 15 and 16 :

Spoiler

- Very impressed that Dr Hao brought up the topic of postnatal depression.  This is so real and now usually well portrayed in mainstream or social media.  I work in this area and this was done very well and I am so impressed the writer included this in the show!

- JY's mum really brought a tear to my eye.  The distress of being helpless, when you think your kind considerate daughter is being treated so poorly, that she has to face the goddess like photo of Anna in her newly wed bedroom. Her desperation to ask for help from the Aunt.  Also I like how Aunt's character has a lot more depth in this version.  I never thought much of the aunts in the Taiwanese nor Korean versions.

- Anna's portrait has been used exceptionally well as a visual representation of her presence in the OTP's relationship during this time. Literally the white elephant in the room that is there but no one dares to talk about. 

- WXY has a much more likeable personality in this version.  I always felt that in the Korean and Taiwanese versions the ML were "roll your eye" childish and that their emotion for the FL after the incident were mostly regret and feeling sorry, with a bit of love.  Even though I wanted to get to the second half faster initially, but I'm enjoying watching WXY fall in love with CJX and I think that will be an even more believable and stronger foundation for how he feels after the incident.  

Here's you go.....

XY - You guys don't have to guess, she came together with me.

Colleague - Huh?

Dylan - Then under what capacity should CJX be attending this auction?

XY (silenced)

Dylan - So, you guys are not a pair. We are. JX, let's go.

XY - Of course CXJ is attending in the capacity as the company's hostess. Hence, she is with me,. Let's go JX.

Archived