[Drama 2019] Justice, 저스티스

0ly40

Yes..agree with the comments on naver about CJH’s acting..the anguish, the pain, confusion, sadness, sinister/sarcasm/scumbag initially..all portrayed very well thru his eyes and his voice, esp his voice (shaking with emotions). I also thought the actor who acted as Tak also does a very good job here in portraying a mentally sick scary psycho... 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding some love to this thread...

Just checked the internet for more updates on Justice but everything is so low on this series. I dunno why though.... But managed to find some pics out of all.... They both look gorgeous! :) And hard to believe that we are almost half way through the series... Can't wait for more eps!

EBfbsqLUwAAzbjq.jpg

EBg5jMpUYAATGyp.jpg

EBvUOK9U8AA7H50.jpg

Spoiler

EBvUNvHU4AEzo53.jpg

EBfi2NnVUAAgEiY.jpg

EBfY7uqUIAAa0W0.jpg

EBsiWkQVAAAaxJ0.jpg

EBkl38ZU0AAnb3Z.jpg

EBfbQ-MUIAAeLP7.jpg

EBfasjdVUAAtVlq.jpg

@triplem

Wowww  feel so good to read about CJH’s acting. Thank you   You know CJH’s fans had such a heartbreaking experience with his last drama, the last empress.  Hopefully CJH will not be in that kind of situation ever again.  I know Justice’ ratings could be better, but this is a good drama and it gives out a different vibe from his previous works, P&P and Tunnel.

@jongski
Glad to learn SWY picked a rival candidate against SYA’s dad for a PG position. It means he is on the good side like his daughter.  For a while I wondered whether he had kept any hidden dark secret.  However SWY said to Tak that it’s time to use the Seo Dong-Suk card. And in the hospital, SYA’s dad told Tak’s dad that how much he owed to Tak’s dad. Yes I wonder too why  SYA’s dad kept the file of J Ent serial disappearance and murder case.  He also gave SYA a file of missing cold cases.  Maybe there are more cold cases related to J Ent??  

** Now I’m confused about Cho Hyun Woo.  I thought CHW and other two men got killed by Song/TK.  But in EP15 CHW was supposed to kill other two men and went to prison for it.  Afterward  SWY got CHW out of prison after8 months (and sent him off to the Philippines), and SWY was supposed to handle him(killing him)  in the Philippines. I thought one time LTK said how CHW took a rap sheet for SWY and LTK about killing two men.   

About USB:  In EP14 SYA and LTK talk about whether there are 2 USBs??  7 years ago Young Mi gave a USB to Yang Chul Ki.  Young Mi got a USB from another girl and YM watched this one which is supposed to be a Namwon Restaurant video. 

It seems a lot of clues appeared in EP7(13/14) and EP8(15/16) but also created more questions too. 

32 minutes ago, booha said:

* Now I’m confused about Cho Hyun Woo.  I thought CHW and other two men got killed by Song/TK.  But in EP15 CHW was supposed to kill other two men and went to prison for it.  Afterward  SWY got CHW out of prison after8 months (and sent him off to the Philippines), and SWY was supposed to handle him(killing him)  in the Philippines. I thought one time LTK said how CHW took a rap sheet for SWY and LTK about killing two men.   

You're right. sub tells us he was arrested after killing to friends while on drugs. It's probably the two friends he was with they hit the truck which TK younger brother was driving, he filmed the trap body inside. TK assistant found out that CHW went to Philippins due to his medical condition. So CHW got off  with the help of... SWY instructed by Tak. Is likely how scenario goes.. CHW came back but no trace of entry back to Korea . No medical, criminal, financial, entry not even communication not even drugs. Like he quit and vanished. It's too clean.. so it's very odd .But.. if I remember correctly, SWY asked YCK to leave Korea and go to the Philippines.. Nore sure if there's connection to CHW who also went to Phiippines. So SWY I think was behind CWH which again leads to.... Tak who's got the power and resources at his hands and asked SWC to make sure everything's 'clean'

During flashback ep 2,  TK already saw the video CHW took.  He was watching it. Then he covered and knife with newspaper intent on killing CHW the but SWY appeared ... SWY advise him to not kill but instead get back at "them" and he's willing to help him. During the chase with YKC, he said to TK the real culprit is someone else. SWY trying to spin a story and insisting to TK that YKC was the murderer and  younger bro unluckily was there and got involved. He lied and said YKC blackmailed him and said they will lose everything  that YKC knows what they did 7 years ago- which was killing CHW? but obviously he's alive  at present.

In ep 3 flashback younger bro was shown going inside the house (he was suppose to deliver  something) as no one was answering then saw murdered girl  from Jang Ent. then SWY appeared holding knife..I think coming towards but scene went back to a drunk TK so not sure if that was a dream or what. In another flashback..ep 4 I think,  we saw how TK went to CWH who was drunk slumped on the floor, he picked up trophy wanted to smashed it ( he's not going to do it actually)  but SWY appeared took it and did it himself...TK was shocked, ask  why he must kill and do revenge for someone else to which... SWY answered why must he give a reason and that TK made his choice.

I feel  and think the ones that's behind all these is pyscho Tak. SWH is following his demands.

By the way, what's the video in the USB.. they didn't show it, right?

I was excited for this drama cuz of these visuals..

But reaching ep 8, it was a really well written story. Now I'm invested in the storyline itself lol with little moments from these two.

I'm actually really curious of their past and them being ex lovers.

Like how did their relationship start and why it ended

Spoiler

Spoiler

CUZ I REALLY MELT WHENEVER YEON-AH CALL TAE KYUNG "OPPA" YA KNOW, shows how close they were.

Also, someone else said that Tae Kyung voice becoming soft and affectionate when talking to Yeon Ah, I also noticed that with his voice (Well, WHO DOESN'T NOTICE THAT BEAUTIFUL VOICE OF CHOI JIN HYUK THO).

I just hope they do give the romance story line a great go with all the issues going on.

Cuz I really like this pairing here are some goodies hihi Anybody has twitter? Let's follow each other up!

Hi everyone,

I caught up :lol:.  This drama is beautifully shot..each frame heighten either the characters' dilemma & state of mind. Secondly, our main couple is one of the most attractive pairings in Kdrama history LOL. Everyone is doing a good job acting wise.  I love NaNa's natural acting and she bounced off CJH's charisma well.  CJH has a gravity and presence here that I miss since Tunnel.  Hats off to Son Hyun-Joo for his restrained calculating Song Woo-Yong.  He's scary dude.

Ohhh right, random thoughts:

• Song's little phrase to his son is so poignant:  I have lived a diligent life but not a proper one.  There's low key regret and truth in his admission.  To Song, he works tirelessly to get his 150 story building, never strays from the goal, destroying and manipulating others to get to his goal.  He doesn't wait for opportunities to come to him, rather exerts his way in the world.  I can understand why he's ruthless.  To him, it's self preservation and this absolute belief that power & money give him respect and control of his life. Although Tak seems to control Song at the moment, I won't be surprise if Song usurps the crazy boy later.  He's playing the long game, manipulating and amassing his own players all the while appeasing Tak.  What I want to know is how Song justifies his actions... because he is not one who is oblivious to right and wrong (unlike Tak).  He tried to bury his soul (something is believed has lost, thus why he is drawn to TK).  To see him kill in cold blood, I wonder how he can train his heart to not be affected by what happened. 
  • Something must have happened to his wife, we never get a back story.  He sets up rendezvous with actresses for his clients yet stays alone in his big mansion.  Dude has no mistress and doesn't hang around in back room of restaurant.  What is the end game for Song... be on top of Seoul in his high rise?  To finally have everyone look up to him?  Will it make him smile again? 
  • Song wants to break free of Tak's grasp.  He knows Tak is a tickling time bomb.  It's clear Song has no respect for the boy but he plans his moves three steps ahead and waits for another day.
  • It's disheartening to see how relationships are portrayed in this drama.  Loyalty, respect, conscience are measured by power and money.  There's no love, no warmth between these people. That's why I love SYA's playful interactions with her father. I love how she forced TK to smile, sorely needed.  Plus, NaNa has a gorgeous smile :wub: I crush her beauty.
  • TK felt indebted to Song.  The murder muffled his pain. TK feels they bonded over what happened cuz Song enabled the revenge for him.  TK translated his gratitude into servitude where he would take on cases for Song's benefits.  Along the way, he was brainwashed into associating happiness with material wealth.  Song manipulated TK at the most vulnerable point in his life just like Jang agency does with its actresses.  
  • TK has been reluctant in exposing Song, not only because he is aware of his underworld reach... I also think because he believes a crime was committed by both that night. He has been saving himself. Now that he knows the details of that night are not what they seemed in memory.
  • Is it me or Tak doesn't seem like the one who has been colluding with all the corrupted officials?  Song is amassing his connections under the boy's nose.  Tak relies on SYA's dad influence, little does he know that the power will be shifted.
  • Who recorded what is on the USB (is it CCTV)?  Why is it in the actress' possession?
  • What is the reason for killing the actresses besides the first one? 

So many questions... Wednesday is almost here!

@triplem this drama is intriguing... :lol:

@jongski

You are right  SWY ordered Yang Chul Ki to leave for the Philippines.  Choi Hae Woo & Philippines stuff maybe will be explained later. Hopefully the writer will not forget this detail.  There are so many.

Btw I thought it was Yang Chul Ki whom YK’s bro saw at the murder scene?  His face was blurred so I wasn’t sure whether he was really YCK. But SYA thought YCK killed the woman 7 years ago. (EP16-12/32) SYA told TK that his knife wound was matched with the one from the recent murder of J Ent’s girl and not the one from 7 years ago.  SYA hinted this person wasn’t aiming to kill him.  I don’t know whether TK realized that  SWY saw him follow them so he ordered CHW to stab TK as a warning.  

I agree  Tak seems to be the real culprit  here.  I like the way the writer skillfully uses the Tak character as a central black hole.     (EP13-23/21) SWY said to CHW “Don’t you dare to make a decision by yourself next time.” I wonder if it’s a warning. Maybe SWY didn’t know about the kidnapping Young Mi by CHW.    When SWY left CHW called somebody. I too had to assume it’s Tak.   Maybe it’s Tak who ordered the kidnap?

So far we haven’t seen what’s in the USB.  We learned about it and Namwon restaurant from the preview.

The writer created such an amazingly complicated relationship with YK and SWY.    I enjoy watching the psychological profile of their relationship.   At the beginning it appeared that their relationship was a sort of one-way, from SWY’s manipulation on YK, and then gradually the writer peeled off the layers of their complicated two-way relationship.  

There is an emotional bond:  TK acted betrayed when he learned about SWY’s lie and SWY acted insecure and apprehensive as TK began to probe.    
 I want to say their bond is like brotherly but sometimes I had this strange and different vibe. Like in EP16 when TK sang Mona Lisa, those lyrics made me think (some kind of love?? haha).  Maybe it’s just nothing.   Maybe TK reminded SWY how important his bro was to him.  We know it’s SWY who actually killed the bro but lied to TK.

Yes there is a good chess playing game going on with TK & SWY and SWY& Tak. Each group plays with a different flair.  

12 hours ago, chuchpup00 said:

I was excited for this drama cuz of these visuals..

But reaching ep 8, it was a really well written story. Now I'm invested in the storyline itself lol with little moments from these two.

I'm actually really curious of their past and them being ex lovers.

Like how did their relationship start and why it ended

It’s wonderful to see the change in LTK regarding SYA. Thank you for posting pictures.  I can see a hint of regret & wistfulness in his expression.  I know there will be no full-blown happy ending for them but it doesn’t mean they can’t show us some sweet scenes.  I’m glad, as LTK is feeling the betrayal by SWY grow slowly, SYA is ready to fill in some things for him.  

Made 2 gifs-imgur before got block by KBS :)

s3dYaF8.gif

hpynpk5.gif

ratings: 4.2% & 4.7%

** This episode is drenched with sad melancholy.  Everybody seems to be caught  and helplessly tangled in the spider web.   TK is rapidly tumbling down the maddening tunnel.  It means we will not see any  lovey-dovey scenes from TK & SYA.  Such wasted potential :(
-So SYA’s dad has something with Tak’s family.
-SWY learned from his son that TK’s bro helped his son and at one point saved his life. It must be quite a shock and bewilderment for him.
-I feel like the confrontation between TK and SWY revealed a lot about their tragic relationship.     
-When Tak walked into YM’s room, he wore slippers. It must be his house where YM is

nUdXCY7.jpg

Spoiler

rnhaxJW.jpg

6zFOeas.jpg

tVD6C9V.jpg

TaOM4Pi.jpg

wlNDnET.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201908150819341910

Okay , so we finally have some clue about the Namwon restaurant video...a sex tape. But for a sex tape to result in the deaths of some innocent lives and for anyone who has seen it  , it had to involve someone of great importance. So who is it that both Tak and Song needed to protect? Is it just merely a sex tape or was someone murdered as well? This drama is such a slow burn sometimes that every week even when more is revealed , the less we know. And as I had suspected, SYA's dad does have some skeletons in the closet, and serious enough for him to try and persuade SYA to leave her profession altogether. This has got to be linked to Tak's father. 

@booha
With regards to the romance, i think that sudden reaction to the cat is as much skinship as we will get.  Wasted indeed...but right now I am actually more concern about her staying alive. Especially with the threat that Tak has issued to her father. Tak is even worse that Cho, that "hello" at the end to Jang Young Mi was terrifying. 

What annoyed me a bit at the end was TK losing grip. I get that he feels betrayed and is still trying to give Song a chance to come clean.  But I think by now, TK should know that is not going to happen. He needs to stop drinking and think with his head. Song is right that his soul  is his weakness; he is letting his emotions get the better of him. He is  a supposed ace lawyer - it is time for him to learn how to pull a bluff properly . For starters he  needs to reveal a lot less of his intentions to Song. 

Well I think the Justice that we will get in this show is going to come in the form of karma. What lit Song's fire and determination to become the magnate that he is right now was the tragedy that befell his son. He saw that without power and money, one is at the mercy of those who have. But to get to the top, Song has had to do things he would not be able to tell his son about. And i think the son will be the one to help TK bring the father down. 

15 hours ago, booha said:

SWY learned from his son that TK’s bro helped his son and at one point saved his life. It must be quite a shock and bewilderment for him.

So that's why on episode 1. . He visited the grave of  TK younger brother. He owes his life to the younger brother.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

So who is it that both Tak and Song needed to protect?

We've seen already the major characters here.  Who could be it. I'm baffled. If Tak want's the protect him/her whover that person is.. then it must someone close  or just someone he needs to  shut up. If Song wants to protect whoever  the person is..  perhaps because he doesn't want anything to be revealed. Like deep secret.   The only common thing I am seeing  with the two... No female figures like mother or a wife.  in their lives. Tak raised by his father all alone.  I don't hear anything about mother. Song.. raised his son all alone.. and I wonder where is the mother.  Hmm.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

This drama is such a slow burn sometimes that every week even when more is revealed , the less we know. And as I had suspected, SYA's dad does have some skeletons in the closet, and serious enough for him to try and persuade SYA to leave her profession altogether. This has got to be linked to Tak's father. 

You can say that again. And that's what makes this drama well made made because.  the suspense and mystery is good. We have to watch for us to find out. It's mysterious and keeps us in toes. What could be the hidden skeletons of SYA father? This will be used by Song to keep pushing his agenda for a differed nominee for Minister of Justice. There will be a hearing for the for those running for the post and it can ruin  the chance of SYA father which will make it better for Song.

Tak is even worse that Cho, that "hello" at the end to Jang Young Mi was terrifying. 

Tak Soo Ho.. the creepy pyscho. I gotta that see that.  I haven't watch the subs yet.. and will do so tomorrow.

Well I think the Justice that we will get in this show is going to come in the form of karma. What lit Song's fire and determination to become the magnate that he is right now was the tragedy that befell his son. He saw that without power and money, one is at the mercy of those who have. But to get to the top, Song has had to do things he would not be able to tell his son about. And i think the son will be the one to help TK bring the father down. 

Song will get his Karma. I feel. Something grim  going to happen Tak. TK and Song's son will be together TK will take care of him. SYA will be that young prosecutor who put an end to  murder case and get the rightful conviction. But who knows what's to happen. This is such good watch with good acting from actors.

ratings got better but still NO.2 spot: 4.7% & 5.4%

@triplem  @jongski
Thank god TK got his mojo back and stayed on course with SYA, to look for Young Mi and to go after the bad guys.   Btw perhaps  YA's dad is going to be framed by the bad guys??  :confounded:

ihtGM0f.jpg

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2019081607552258940&outlink=1&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.daum.net

Spoiler

Q1KTPxN.jpg

http://news1.kr/articles/?3696610

Have just finished watching this week’s episodes...such sad episodes... As predicted, TK was completely shattered to fully accept (cuz all the while he sort of guessed but simply refused to acknowledge) that his hyung is actually the person who ordered his brother’s murder and that his hyung has lied to him the whole time. But it is good to see that TK rebounded pretty fast from such a broken state (was quite surprised actually) and now flipped to the other side working with SYA, although it is for avenging for his dead brother. It appears that TK has finally broken free from the emotional bondage with his hyung.

This week revealed more into the mental state of TSH - his obsession with emotionally torturing women. Seems that SYA’s dad is aware of his sickness and also has a strong suspicion about who the real murderer of the actresses is, which is why he is now afraid for SYA to continue with the investigation. Perhaps, TSH had a traumatized childhood which caused him to be such a psycho. The paintings he hung around his house are quite eerie, unsettling to look at.

I don’t think SYA’s dad did what that actress said he did. I think it is false accusation against him so that SYA may stop the investigation if she thinks it is linked with her father. But seeing the preview, it seems that they may hv underestimated her.

There is now more screen time between TK and SYA since they are working together, although they are not exactly lovey-dovey. Wonder why he left her.

From next week’s preview, it seems that TSH is now infatuated with SYA and will probably try to catch and lock her up as he did with the other women. Hopefully, TK will be able to protect her. I wonder if SYA’s dad is actually aware of the past between TK and his daughter?

Looking fw to next week’s episodes...

On 8/10/2019 at 2:30 PM, triplem said:

One thing that bothered me was her Father . He seems like a righteous man & she clearly adores and respects  him . But what is it that he’s hiding ? I have a bad feeling Tak will turn on the old man when SYA continues to dig deeper into his connection to these murders 

A week ago I  mentioned the above , that SYA's dad is in some way related to this mess. What it is I cannot say exactly yet , but two things have been implied. He was well aware of the actual circumstance of the murder case 7 years ago and he is keeping his mouth shut because his appointment for the minister of Justice is dependent on some very powerful people who were involved in that sex video. Did he receive sexual favours? I doubt it. That was Song's last strategy to get SYA to take her hands off from pushing on with this case. But Song does not realise that SYA is stubborn and upright, and even with her father's candidacy at stake , she seems willing to push on. Now , I am even more worried about her safety .

Tak isn't fascinated with SYA yet, it is JYM that he is currently intrigued with . That moment he had with SYA was a warning to the old man. Tak is a psychopath - he enjoys these mind games. Song does not realise the full extent of Tak's mental state and he should know that Tak is not someone you can reason or logic with. Telling him his life is in danger won't scare Tak. @LC23 I wonder if Tak's obsession with seeing others suffer had to do with something that happened to his mum . Dad raised him alone after the mum died , right?

@booha the best part of Thursday's episode was seeing TK get a grip back on himself, and working with SYA and her team. It was nice to see them have more moments together . I felt a small stab when SYA wistfully said that she envied JYM who had someone who loved her . She implied that TK ran away because he was afraid. And Tk's response showed that he did that to protect her because he knew the path that he had chosen to walk on then would endanger her. So sad, because they both clearly still care for the other.

While almost every episode is rather dark , there are finally glimpses of hope with TK and SYA teaming up , and I think Song's son will investigate this himself and expose or confront his father. Song junior is indebted to TK's brother and consider the latter as his friend , and I am hopeful he will help TK seek justice for the brother's death.

@jongski @bedifferent @gm4queen @ktcjdramaany thoughts on this week's episodes?

@triplem

Poor SYA  Whenever she had a chance she tried to jab at him.  I think TK isn’t an easy person to get close to.  SYA once mentioned about his selfishness.  She doesn’t know why TK broke off their relationship. She just learned about how his bro died.  I liked how she acted silly by talking about her extraordinary beauty after staying up all night with him.   She doesn’t know that he thinks she’s pretty and smart and has a deep feeling for her.  She just kept beating the bushes, looking for his response. haha
Hopefully the accusation about her dad will shake SYA emotionally and give TK an opportunity to show his feeling for her?   

The actor who plays Song’s son is so perfect for the part.   He looks so vulnerable and tender. I can see why Song wants to protect him dearly.   His weakness for him shows he hasn’t completely lost his humanity.  His armor of ruthlessness is slowly cracking and he seems to be caught between conflicting feelings.

Btw Cho Hyun Woo is supposed to be bad but why does he look so melancholy, as if he is forced to do those things.  He also kept saying he didn’t like complications.   Oh well he’s only a minor character. I guess it doesn’t matter who he is. What a sad existence for a minor in a kdrama universe :P

4 hours ago, triplem said:

A week ago I  mentioned the above , that SYA's dad is in some way related to this mess. What it is I cannot say exactly yet , but two things have been implied. He was well aware of the actual circumstance of the murder case 7 years ago and he is keeping his mouth shut because his appointment for the minister of Justice is dependent on some very powerful people who were involved in that sex video. Did he receive sexual favours? I doubt it.

I doubt it too but I wonder what his participation is. Maybe he did some favor for the powerful.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

I wonder if Tak's obsession with seeing others suffer had to do with something that happened to his mum . Dad raised him alone after the mum died , right? 

I don't think he's a bad one ( hopefully not). SYA dad is aware of Tak's state of mind and mentality at youg age. That's  what I'm thinking too.  As mentioned previously,  there's no mother figure for Tak even at a young age Maybe Tak when he was a child saw murder or mom was molested. Things like that are ingraine too much like you get traumaized and you think of ways to get back to the point of murder Remember smashed the brink on the driver just to see if he will die. But there has to be back story of why Tak is a pyschopath. Appearance why it doesn't look like cos he's normal but he can go off the ben and just do something  without remorse. .

About to watch the latest episodes.. I know I have a lot to say. Since episode 1  this has been my current fav drama (after Aide) and that still hasn't change. The genre, the tone, the mystery, the characters it's good without going over board.

Thanks a lot for tagging me dear @triplem chingu.... :) Honestly I haven't watched this weeks eps yet! I was sick & slept most of the time these days so I was unable to watch the eps! But I am planning to watch it today. hopefully! Yes, I can't wait to know what's going on here! And by the way, what's up with Tea Kyung & Yeon Ah's love line..??! Is there any progress between two.?! I mostly thought that they two can be each others' strength if they fall in love... B) You know, both are strong enough to be independent! 

And I've been searching for recaps of this drama for a long time now! But nothing comes up! I dunno why everything is blank on this series! It's so annoying that you can't find anything extra on a fav K-drama you watch! :angry: Have to depend only on the drama itself! 

Well, I've already watched this week's eps & OH MY GOSH!!! What am I seeing here..?! :o 

Yeon Ah's dad can't be that dirty! That old man must have nothing to do with it! :ph34r: No, I never believe it! I totally agree with dear @triplem chingu on this one! No, he is decent & is under the influence of indecent! Is Song & the team really framing that old man for their misdeeds & getting away with it..???! I have a doubt about that! I believe that old man has a dignity because all he has is a young daughter! Then how on earth can a daughter dig a case against her own father..??! Or is it really the case..?? Something is really fishy here! :mellow:

And most of all, who is the mastermind behind all this..???! Tak Soo Ho, the psychopath..???! :angry: Yeah, sounds fit! I want to slap that jerk! Now that Lee Tae Kyung found the video, I think we can count on him! He will make it right! And how come Tae Kyung's bro & Song's son are buddies..?? Then I assume Tae Kyung won't have to work so hard to bring Song down! His own son will do it for Tae Kyung by himself! :blink: 

This is fantastic... What a combination of friendship & revenge..?! Now that the principle photography is all done, all we have to do is gather the scenes in order & render the final video out!!!! B) WOW!!! I am desperate for the next week! This is totally my taste now! Wednesday, come quickly!

justice-2019-kdrama-script-reading-e1560

Archived