[Drama 2019] Justice, 저스티스

0ly40

ratings EP29&30: 5.8% & 7%

Yes Yes Justice regained No.1 spot.  Praying it will stay on No.1 tomorrow too. 

2ocgWAm.gif

**Lots of cat and mouse games today
I feel today’s true winner is Cha Nam-Sik (SYA’s superiors) who got promoted after a skillful maneuver against her boss,  Joo Man-Yong.  haha   I wonder whether she is really good or just a skillful ambitious bureaucrat??  
Song showed the deepening corrupted state of his mind: Crush one’s conscience and guilty feeling because they would make one weaker.  Song said before “Humans choose between good and evil… based on need, not conscience.”  So he has a different outlook about humanity.  
Sadly Dae Jin didn’t act like a good person.    Can’t blame him too much since he’s still young and inexperienced.
It doesn’t appear that Tak will be redeemed in any way at the end.  Maybe he will go down as a true psycho.  He tries to use mental illness as his defense.
I guess it’s time for TK to reveal what he did 7 years ago.
Everybody around Song asked why Song couldn’t kill TK.  Yeah I want to know that too. 

exXUzYA.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=011&aid=0003614313

“Justice,” “Mr. Temporary,” And “Graceful Family” Set New Personal Bests In Viewership Ratings

TV/Film  Sep 4, 2019  by C. Hong
w7mbHjk.jpg

Three Wednesday night dramas have set a new personal best in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 4 broadcast of “Justice” scored ratings of 5.8 (Episode 29) and 7.0 percent (Episode 30). This is the second consecutive week in which the drama has set a new personal best, topping last week‘s 6.4 percent. The ratings were also good enough to put the drama at the top of its time slot among other Wednesday night shows.

read more: https://www.soompi.com/article/1350321wpp/justice-mr-temporary-graceful-family-personal-best-viewer-ratings

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, triplem said:

@booha @jongski @LC23 @gm4queen I did not get to watch it live , just waiting for subs . But it seems from preview that TK has to pay for his crimes ? Seems like SYA is charging him for something from 7 years ago? TK sobbing at the end is heartbreaking though ..

What?! TK is going to jail? Not Tak? Not Song? I mean do understadn. Remember he and Song did conspire and  tried to do some blackmail  so the guy  who tried to  sexually assault JYM ( remember in Ep 1) would be absolve of his crime.. which the rapist  got away.

4 hours ago, booha said:

I guess it’s time for TK to reveal what he did 7 years ago.
Everybody around Song asked why Song couldn’t kill TK.  Yeah I want to know that too. 

What happened 7 years ago? I think.. there was a coverup which Song ask TK to do. Either TK is clueless and emotional and just went along.   I still haven't watch the episodes waiting for the last two to be sub.

Just finished watching yesterday's eps & these are my thoughts on everyone... :):(:angry::mellow: Can't really wait for the final eps!

1. I don't think that Tak is completely out of his mind. He just put a mirror in the last page of the photo album which was sent to Young Mi so that she can witness her frightened face herself. Yes, I was surprised for myself when I saw the mirror. And then at the perfect timing, he asks about her granny just to provoke her feelings & sabotage the investigation. he knows all possible ways to mentally torture women. Then what happened with his mom? Is he the culprit? I want the answer tonight.

2. Tae Kyung is on his way to the jail. But why? what has he ever done wrong? He is the one who lost everything because of Tak & Song 7 yrs ago so isn't it fair that they two end up together in jail? I want the answer tonight.

3. Song always warn his personal assistant to not to touch Tae Kyung. I mean he is so caring for Tae Kyung is something fishy to me. Is it for Song's own good or Tae Kyung's own good? I rememeber Song mention to Tae Kyung that he shouldn't dip deep in to this case. Otherwise he'd get hurt by himself. So what's there for Tae Kyung at the bottom of the case? I want the answer tonight.

4. Is someone's gonna go tonight? I dunno why but for me tonight's preview has a sorrow of a broken son by his father's sins. I am already worried about Dae Jin. What Tae Kyung cries so hard for? We will definitely have the answer tonight.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Justice, 저스티스

Thanks a million dear @triplem chingu for the picturised recap on the finale eps.. I've read all your posts & kind of in a dilemma. Somehow my predictions seems right! Dae Jin was broken by his father's sins! And someone died tonight! Then Tae Kyung yearned for him. :mellow: But I never expected that it'd be Song! It is an unexpected twist for me. 

And I am so convincing to watch the finale eps by your recaps... Definitely should see the downfall of Tak. :angry: But there is something off the rails for me.. It's injustice that a rapist like Tak is alive while a caring father like Song died out of the humiliation... :( I wanna pity Song that he reflected his wrong doings to his own child of murdering off his best friend by just looking at Tae Kyung!

More pics from the wrap party... :wub: 

EDsnYR2UUAItNzi.jpg

EDszkwgUcAA-NVn.jpg

EDtV30uVAAYatR6.jpg

Spoiler

EDsrZCcVAAEh8YL.jpg

EDslDA5UcAIborB.jpg

EDsi6L1XsAAiCMA.jpg

EDsibg1UcAAGyGB.jpg

EDtV30wUwAElAx7.jpg

EDtV30wU0AAHiwC.jpg

Very moving end, sad but beautiful.   I know I expected a sweet happy ending but I forgot Justice is kdrama-film noir.   Though PD left out some unexplained details, I’m satisfied.  :)  

Film noir: 

Spoiler

Film noir:  a style or genre of cinematographic film marked by a mood of pessimism, fatalism, and menace. The term was originally applied (by a group of French critics) to American thriller or detective films made in the period 1944–54 and to the work of directors such as Orson Welles, Fritz Lang, and Billy Wilder.

Wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir
… The 1940s and 1950s are generally regarded as the "classic period" of American film noir. Film noir of this era is associated with a low-key, black-and-white visual style that has roots in German Expressionist cinematography. Many of the prototypical stories and much of the attitude of classic noir derive from the hardboiled school of crime fiction that emerged in the United States during the Great Depression. …

fr16K3H.jpg

Two silhouetted figures in The Big Combo (1955). The film's cinematographer was John Alton, the creator of many of film noir's stylized images.

ratings EP31&32: 3.4%, 6.3% :kiss_wink:

sAWJYsu.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000166780

**more from the wrap party:

Who’s  that silly guy tormenting JHssi  :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

from K-J kissme fan group

from CJH DC

I am still opposing the term "suicide" but I agree with all my chingus for the rest of the story in finale. I just felt that something is wrong from the beginning but wish Song survives & reflect on his sins & start a new life with his son instead of choosing the coward way out! But the ending scene of him walking towards Tae Kyung is my fav scene of them so far. The cinematography left me in a dream for a while there. :) Overall I love this drama so much as much as other chingus here do... The ending scene is satisfying me than I thought! :wub:

And I have a little disappointment in a corner of my heart that we missed the love between Tae Kyung & Yeon Ah! Both Choi Jin Hyuk & Nana gave their characters a full justice. :) They are both so talented! I love this pair so much. Wish to see them as a couple in a drama someday. :wub: 

And wow, I think we all will miss this drama so much & its characters as well! See you at another drama thread, guys....

Have a nice day! :heart:

Wow what an heartbreaking finale. I couldn't hold in my tears :tears:. Overall this drama was enjoyable. There were some issues with the pacing and writing, but it was definitely worth finishing. The cast was fantastic. Some of the best nuanced acting I've seen in k-drama. I'll be following the main actors after this. 

Have just finished watching the last two episodes with subs... Such a sad ending...but it was a good ending...Like someone commented on Twitter (forgot the source unfortunately), while TK got the revenge he yearned for, it was also very painful for him (he found out) cuz the emotional bond between Song and him could never be completely cut. Over the past 7 years, they both had subconsciously relied on each other so much, almost as if they were real brothers. In a way, I think TK knew that he will have to come clean with what he had done in the past, both to take Song down and for ease of his conscience. Like Song said in the end, TK have always been good deep down, which was why in the beginning they showed TK getting drunk every night just so he could sleep.

The scene where Song discovered that Dae Jin had been recording his confession was so sad. It goes to show that he will do anything for his son, even if it means he has to go to jail. 

I think what Song did for TK in the end was kinda nice cuz he reassured TK that what happened 7 years ago, including what they had done together subsequent years, was no fault of TK cuz TK had been good all throughout. It was he who made TK think that he was an accomplice in all the bad deeds they did. It showed that Song cared for TK as much as his own son. Having said that, Song’s suicide actually did TK more harm than good, cuz it will most likely scarred him, leaving him a broken man, feeling even more guilty for the rest of his life. 

Curious...in the ending scene where TK was walking down the same road he walked in the first episode and seeing Song walking towards him, was it just him imagining it? Or was the writer/pd implying that TK was also dead and that he met Song as he was wandering about sadly?

Lastly, kudos to the cast and crew as it is a good drama..everyone did their part well..I hope they get better and better roles in the future as a result..

Many thanks to everyone.  I understand Justice isn’t for mass consumption but still happy to see it drew enough members to carry on interesting conversations.  Well with having a small group,  I didn’t have to skip any of the comments and they helped me to think what the drama was about.       
I’m CJH’s fan so, when I watched Justice, I couldn’t help thinking about it in context of his other similar dramas like P&P and Tunnel.  Though each has its own charms and deficiencies, it’s good to see how he dealt with each drama in his own way.
 I know at the moment he is considering  OCN Rugal (a bionic cop  haha)   He usually tries to rotate between crime and melo/romcom….  Oh well  

wCBBpGa.gif

@triplem

I still think about the ending of each character.  I feel like the writer gave each of them  different  meanings of justice. None is black and white like either redemption or punishment. So many shades of greyness that I think there are many ways their endings could be interpreted.  
I thought Song was the real mastermind behind the web of crimes yet thanks to the writer & PDnim that I didn’t feel anger toward Song at the end. As a matter of a fact the last scene of TK and Song made me so teary.  

@LC23
Yeah it seems Song was attached to his son Dae Jin and TK.  Song told Dae Jin that he was glad his son wasn’t like him.  I guess  Song felt in Dae Jin and TK such humanism which caused them to suffer.   So he tried to ease their pain and burden before he died.  It was touching to see when Song revealed he knew what Dae Jin was doing to him.    I liked the line which Song said why he let Dae Jin do it:  It’s because Dae Jin wanted it. But I’m sure Song knew TK and Dae Jin wanted him to pay for his crimes and to redeem himself.  Yet Song also knew his crimes were too big for him just to go to prison.  
I guess we can interpret the ending scene of TK and Song in many ways.    But I remember when TK wanted to take a picture of them in that empty building  TK jabbed at Song for not smiling.  Throughout the drama Song never smiled.  I guess it was so heartbreaking for TK to see that the only way Song could smile was after he died?   Also maybe it revealed to TK that people he cared for were no longer around and he’s all alone trudging on with his painful and lonely redemption, so Song’s spirit appeared to comfort TK??

Spoiler

Spoiler

CJH thanking his fans for gifs

photocake from CJH official fan club

from CJH official fan group

23 hours ago, LC23 said:

Have just finished watching the last two episodes with subs... Such a sad ending...but it was a good ending...Like someone commented on Twitter (forgot the source unfortunately), while TK got the revenge he yearned for, it was also very painful for him (he found out) cuz the emotional bond between Song and him could never be completely cut. Over the past 7 years, they both had subconsciously relied on each other so much, almost as if they were real brothers. In a way, I think TK knew that he will have to come clean with what he had done in the past, both to take Song down and for ease of his conscience. Like Song said in the end, TK have always been good deep down, which was why in the beginning they showed TK getting drunk every night just so he could sleep.

I think what Song did for TK in the end was kinda nice cuz he reassured TK that what happened 7 years ago, including what they had done together subsequent years, was no fault of TK cuz TK had been good all throughout. It was he who made TK think that he was an accomplice in all the bad deeds they did. It showed that Song cared for TK as much as his own son. Having said that, Song’s suicide actually did TK more harm than good, cuz it will most likely scarred him, leaving him a broken man, feeling even more guilty for the rest of his life. 

I just want to say Choi Jin-Hyuk looked amazing in suits :lol: LOL I'm glad I got to see him again after Tunnel, I missed his other dramas.  I actually like his acting in the beginning more when TK was downward spiraling.  As the drama progressed, TK opened up his heart and mind to become alive but CJH is at his best conflicted in pain LOL.  Guilt consumed TK for years thinking he committed crimes to justify for the crime committed against TaeJu.  For years, he allowed Song to convince that his true nature is greedy and selfish.  I think he saw family, friendship, a bond in Song because he was the first person meeting him on that lonely dark road when he was lost.  Since Song supposedly killed for him, there was a feeling of debt and gratitude.  TK mistakenly identified loyalty and love for a man whose actions was calculated to deceive him since the beginning.  You are right, they both enter the relationship for different reasons but as the years go by, they became attached emotionally.  TK is never just a tool for Song.  He's his drinking buddy, someone he can share a human relationship with.

Song's death will stay with TK for a long time. It's a long term relationship that is pseudo family.  You may not like your family but they are people whom you forged the longest relationship with, blood-tied or not.  Justice was not without sacrifices and highly priced.  I also thought he cried for what might have been.  If they have met under different circumstances, theirs, the last scene of the drama, would have been more authentic and happy.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:29 PM, triplem said:

I think it was poetic justice that Song fell at the hands of his own son. I found myself weeping for Dae Jin as he made the difficult choice of getting his father to confess to him. Dae Jin's character arc has been really good. Though he had very little scenes , he was such an important character in this drama - he was the reason Song decided that he would not want to remain poor and powerless. And at the end, it was for him that Song decided to unveil the truth. While I have not much sympathy for Song , it was heartening to know that he realised he has been a coward using his son as an excuse to satisfy his greed . You could tell how gutted he was when he realised that DJ is recording their conversation. Some fantastic acting there by Soo Hyun Joo.  

I  felt regret as TK's life and his relationship  with YA had been turned upside down by Song's greed.  I felt a slight stab each time YA addressed TK as oppa. We never heard her addrDaeess him informally before - so I wished they could have been reunited . I know it may have seem out of place to have some romance but the subtle hints of how they still care for each other made me wistful of what could have been for them . While there's no denying that  I love  CJH  and his acting here,   Nana has been such a revelation to me in this drama. Her emotional scenes were spot on and balanced. 

This drama has not been perfect in term of plotting.  After a couple of convenient turns for storytelling, I realized early on that I stayed till the end for the characters.  No.. for the actors and actresses who elevated the script to characters that I cared and was interested in.  I totally agree with all who sent props to Choi Jin-Hyuk, Soo Hyun Joo and Nana.  Like you, I will watch for Nana from now on.  

Yeon-A made her father's sacrifice worthwhile. As she sat there reading over the post-it note, she made the difficult choices that her father could not make .. over personal feelings to TK, concerns for personal safety vs truth, persevered and used her intelligence when was cornered.  All that made her earned and walked the prosecutor robe she wears with such grace.  She walked unperturbed in the snow like her father had wanted, just like the poem.  I am sad over their romance that was never meant to be but their relationship helped save TK.  If it was not for her integrity, it would be hard for TK to change.  He needed a mentor.  Song failed and betrayed him.  He knew he needed the perfect prosecutor in Yeon-A to help both of them.  I love that there was utmost respect from TK toward Yeon-A since the beginning and she never disappointed him.

Daejin's arc is exactly what his father wanted and hoped for, thus the reason why he let his son recorded the conversation.  Song finally witnessed what he wanted out of his son.  A will to stand up against what is wrong and fight for what is important to him.  Unlike when he was young, someone else TaeJun had to protect him.  Song has the same fear in providing in son with the company.  The old Dae Jin lacked courage to fight.  He could not assert his presence or opinion.  It was a painful yet revelatory moment as a parent to witness betrayal and relief at the same time for Song.  Song would not have turned himself in if Daejin didn't made the difficult decision believing he has to stay free to protect his son.  Yes, he was a coward for not staying to face the consequences of his selfishness. I think the reason why Song wanted TK to stay alive is to remind him of what he had done to Taeju, the last flicker of his humanity.  Outside of his guilt toward betraying his own son, killing TK means he has killed beyond his own self preservation for his needs.  That made him a monster just like Tak.  In Song's mind, he is driven to commit crimes for justifiable reasons.  Complicated man but what a wonderful nuanced act by Song Woo Yong.

13 hours ago, booha said:

I guess we can interpret the ending scene of TK and Song in many ways.    But I remember when TK wanted to take a picture of them in that empty building  TK jabbed at Song for not smiling.  Throughout the drama Song never smiled.  I guess it was so heartbreaking for TK to see that the only way Song could smile was after he died?   Also maybe it revealed to TK that people he cared for were no longer around and he’s all alone trudging on with his painful and lonely redemption, so Song’s spirit appeared to comfort TK??

My feelings too.  I also thought it was such a beautiful scene to end the drama.  Everything is grey-toned yet is in daytime, not cold and dark as in their first meeting.  Song coming toward him not as a savior figure, offering the whiskey to make him alive again.  This time, as a friend, with a smile, and a bottle to share time with.  Yes, he smiled for the first time as his demons and worries are now settled.  His son has grown up, he has nothing to strive for, there is nothing but genuine friendship between them... The man is finally free in his death from years of planning and scheming.  For TK, he got his justice... but it nearly destroyed and killed him.  It was heartbreaking for TK to realize justice is more painful and costly than he envisioned.  It is no clear cut happy ending for anyone.

I enjoyed the drama.  Happy I get to know Nana as an actress.  See you guys in another thread.

**The last scene made a lot of them cry.   It’s such a memorable scene (sad but there is an air of tenderness/caring).

((The fanmade poster))
Justice. The beginning and end of the scene will  stay in my memory for a long time.
. “Enjoy fully. The price of this transaction ”
. "Although we drank this drink, one lived like me and the other lived like you."
The ending scene is so unforgettable.

(caption)

Drama 'Justice' makes one think about What is justice
What is the definition of Justice for these two people, TK and Song?

“Enjoy fully. The price of this transaction ”
"Although we drank this drink, one lived like me and the other lived like you."

z6RN128.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 6:32 PM, chuchpup00 said:

Just want to share this FMV + I want to see more of this pairing in another drama please!

Thank you so much about MV  :blush:     I know we got cheated out of the OTP love line with such sparse screen time given to them.  I felt their budding chemistry but the scenes of their interactions were too far off and few to see the whole picture of their relationship.   So in your MV I was surprised to see much more nuance in their relationship. So enduring yet complicated and unattainable   :bawling:

• 4 weeks later...

** Congratulations to Nana(Justice) for winning "Excellence Award" in the Mini Series Drama category :love:
She won with Kim So-hyun(The Tale of Nokdu)

Spoiler

**Choi Jin-hyuk was nominated for the same category but he didn’t get it. Hopefully he will get another chance next time

**happy to see the Justice team got together.  Wish there is Justice 2.

(12/1) real_jinhyuk   Again it isn’t from today  We met a while ago  Very good people  It was so fun and pleasant

# Son Hyun-joo # Nana # Choe Hwan-hwan # Lee Seo-an # Lee Kang-wook
To Hyun-joo hyungnim who paid a taxi fee for us, had a good meal & love you 

Spoiler

Archived