[OFFICIAL] ♥Lee Dong Wook♥ Yoo In Na ♥ Pichi Couple/Ointment Couple

Yoo In Na

Sometimes I wonder if the word “healing” used to describe TYH is a correct translation or interpretation. Could “feel good” or “relaxing” drama be a more accurate translation? After all who is being healed? Was anyone sick or injured whether physically or mentally? I think the word healing may be too dramatic and unfortunately was used to describe Wookie’s state of mind that he needed some sort of healing but I don’t think he was down in the dumps. He did not say he was depressed, unwell, feeling bad etc. I wonder if it’s something people projected onto him because the word “healing” may have been a wrong translation and the director’s words to him may have been misinterpreted.

I am more inclined to believe the director told him that doing the drama will be a fun, carefree, relaxing experience and he will enjoy himself. These are just my thoughts, no offense to anyone, becos the healing word used in relation to TYH has always seemed strange to me and really does puzzle me, so I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Edited by Almondcroissant
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Yes, I suspect healing may be an imperfect translation. Does acting in a drama really heal a bad state of mind? It's tiring especially towards the end. If anything it's probably just a distraction. Maybe the director meant it's going to be more chill to get into the character of KJR than the doc character from Life. Or maybe the director never even said that, and LDW needed to say something to not make it look like he signed on just to collaborate with YIN again lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, dramachaserxoxo said:

Yes, I suspect healing may be an imperfect translation. Does acting in a drama really heal a bad state of mind? It's tiring especially towards the end. If anything it's probably just a distraction. Maybe the director meant it's going to be more chill to get into the character of KJR than the doc character from Life. Or maybe the director never even said that, and LDW needed to say something to not make it look like he signed on just to collaborate with YIN again lol

That’s true. Healing (and I use the word loosely) for the audience perhaps in the sense of being enjoyable, a stress reliever and a good laugh. TYH will always be my happy pill. Don’t think acting can be healing, at most an escape? And even though TYH was a light show, the breakup episodes were painful and hard for them to film as he had admitted. Or maybe it was hard becos he could not see YIN much in those 2 episodes lol. So yes something may have gotten lost in the translation. A lot of words and nuances cannot be accurately  translated to another language. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

Sometimes I wonder if the word “healing” used to describe TYH is a correct translation or interpretation. Could “feel good” or “relaxing” drama be a more accurate translation? After all who is being healed? Was anyone sick or injured whether physically or mentally? I think the word healing may be too dramatic and unfortunately was used to describe Wookie’s state of mind that he needed some sort of healing but I don’t think he was down in the dumps. He did not say he was depressed, unwell, feeling bad etc. I wonder if it’s something people projected onto him because the word “healing” may have been a wrong translation and the director’s words to him may have been misinterpreted.

I am more inclined to believe the director told him that doing the drama will be a fun, carefree, relaxing experience and he will enjoy himself. These are just my thoughts, no offense to anyone, becos the healing word used in relation to TYH has always seemed strange to me and really does puzzle me, so I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Yes, I agreed to you that Touch Your Heart is a feel good and relaxing kdrama since it was a romantic comedy drama series but with knowledge about laws that you can also understand because Attorney Kwon Jung Rok and Ms. Oh Jin Shim workplace was Law Firm called " Always Lawfirm ". All the characters of TYH have their own highlights too. Now, many people are appreciating the drama more because it was now on Netflix.  This show is charming, heartfelt, and romantic and based on on books and tv comedies. 

Tweet ctto: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think when Koreans use "healing", it refers to just relaxing/meditating... Much like how "going to a spa" has a healing effect, rather than thinking of healing in the aspect of getting better from some physical/mental sickness.

Anyways, I really enjoy reading your comments and lurking here.  Keep it up everyone! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, louie_999 said:

I think when Koreans use "healing", it refers to just relaxing/meditating... Much like how "going to a spa" has a healing effect, rather than thinking of healing in the aspect of getting better from some physical/mental sickness.

Anyways, I really enjoy reading your comments and lurking here.  Keep it up everyone! 

Good point there! I agree. I was just uncomfortable when it seemed that LDW was thought to have some personal struggles or issues that needed “healing”. Seen from a relaxing/meditative angle I guess everyone, myself included, could do with some “healing” then! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

That was the scene in Touch Your Heart so they were called the " Ointment Couple " in this drama. Ms. Oh Jin Shim is putting an ointment for Attorney Kwon Jung Rok. 

spacer.png

Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na scene in Touch Your Heart 

:dontwanna:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, louie_999 said:

Anyways, I really enjoy reading your comments and lurking here.  Keep it up everyone

Right@louie_999 Of Course,as in Korea the same thing happen in America, Spain and Denmark and both, the director & LDW, understood to use the word in that way,for sure.Like most people that like pichi couple & TYH, I think. :relaxed: :love:  

:transforms:  :heart2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Lunita for some reason I have always loved the ep 10 kiss scene at OJS house. There is something very loving, tender and real about it. They were both really really feeling it.

And in other news, there is now full subs out on YT for the 2.5hour long vlive Wookie did in August 2019. He talked a lot about peaches here too haha. And 2 things stood out for me. He said he had not eaten jajangmyeon for one year which led me to think - is it because you were eating jampong with someone else instead?! And the unboxing of his fanship gift box. The mirror is very similar to the one OJS used, except for color. I have done some screenshots:

He says he really likes the mirror (my delulu self says is it becos YIN selected it for fanship?):

spacer.png

Here he suggests that people who don't want to carry the mirror with his name on it can cover it with stickers. Like this do you mean Wookie (preferably with a TYH sticker?):

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Almondcroissant said:

And in other news, there is now full subs out on YT for the 2.5hour long vlive Wookie did in August 2019. He talked a lot about peaches here too haha. And 2 things stood out for me. He said he had not eaten jajangmyeon for one year which led me to think - is it because you were eating jampong with someone else instead?! And the unboxing of his fanship gift box. The mirror is very similar to the one OJS used, except for color. I have done some screenshots:

Yes this is the one I was talking about! Kind of unusual to just go on about eating a lot of a specific fruit in the middle of doing greetings. IIRC he was like "Hello fans... I am losing weight for new role... Long hair is bothersome... Oh BY THE WAY I have been eating a lot of peaches! Like a pound a day" He also seemed very excited about it, in a way that seemed to go beyond fruit (or so I want to believe lmao). Also oddly knowledgeable as he listed something like 5 different types of peaches when a fan had a follow-up question, saying how he liked all of them except nectarines (so specific lol). I don't remember any other food ever being discussed in this way in other Vlives... But I haven't watched all of them 

EDIT: I think I saw a screen capture of interview LDW did for Blade Man, in which he said he preferred spicy noodles, same as the female lead. That interview had a similar "chemi test" as the TYH's Kakao chat. But he of course had the opposite answer in the Kakao chat (right?) 

Edited by dramachaserxoxo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, dramachaserxoxo said:

Yes this is the one I was talking about! Kind of unusual to just go on about eating a lot of a specific fruit in the middle of doing greetings. IIRC he was like "Hello fans... I am losing weight for new role... Long hair is bothersome... Oh BY THE WAY I have been eating a lot of peaches! Like a pound a day" He also seemed very excited about it, in a way that seemed to go beyond fruit (or so I want to believe lmao). Also oddly knowledgeable as he listed something like 5 different types of peaches when a fan had a follow-up question, saying how he liked all of them except nectarines (so specific lol). I don't remember any other food ever being discussed in this way in other Vlives... But I haven't watched all of them 

EDIT: I think I saw a screen capture of interview LDW did for Blade Man, in which he said he preferred spicy noodles, same as the female lead. That interview had a similar "chemi test" as the TYH's Kakao chat. But he of course had the opposite answer in the Kakao chat (right?) 

Agree the peaches thing was really thrown in pretty randomly! And to go into such detail about peaches, my goodness. I really suspect he likes to throw hints to us becos he is a big kid at heart and keeping a secret GF I think is something that he needs to let off steam once in a while and the cheeky side of him just likes to see if people like us catch on. 

He doesn't like spicy food IRL. He cannot handle it and starts to perspire if the food is too spicy. So his answer in kakao was the correct one and YIN was smart enough to match his answer. It was fun to watch them getting flustered over this lol. 

Another suspicious thing about this vlive - he answered a lot of questions from fans about Produce 101 but he hardly talked about TYH (except when someone asked how he juggled TYH and Produce). I am sure he had seen questions from fans about TYH and YIN at the vlive since it was just aired a few months back, but looks like he chose to ignore them. There were many overseas fans in the vlive too, as they were constantly asking him to greet them and we know TYH was very popular overseas so don't tell me there wasn't a single question about TYH? It's laughable how self conscious he must have been about TYH that he filtered out those questions.

Edited by Almondcroissant
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

spacer.png

Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na in Touch Your Heart 

photo ctto:

Everyone having their eyes on this powerful kdrama couple. When will they see them together? In a kdrama, a movie, a variety show, a magazine cover story or maybe a season 2 of Touch Your Heart where in Attorney Kwon Jung Rok proposed to Ms. Oh Jin Shim and git married in the romance comedy drama series and will start the new chapter of their life in the series. I think the season 2 of TYH may focus on their family life and having kids too. In the Season 1 of Touch Your Heart, there is no wedding scene so fans are anticipating for the wedding scene in Season 2 of TYH. 

spacer.png

Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Haha yes. He was talking about eating peaches as if it was a major career/life update. If that peach part wasn't subbed, I'd  havethought he was talking about his new director or something. I guess it wouldn't be that weird if he was really into talking about food kicks/eating habits, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Agreed, I can't imagine that he answered all the questions on TYH. I remember him saying in one Vlive something like “all these questions asking me if I’ve seen this person or that person, I’ll never answer these because I don’t know what they want out in the public domain etc." But it clearly depends on who the person is, because every time Jo Se Ho is brought up somewhere, LDW seems to complain - jokingly - how Se Ho called him again last night or they were hanging out or something. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, dramachaserxoxo said:

Haha yes. He was talking about eating peaches as if it was a major career/life update. If that peach part wasn't subbed, I'd  havethought he was talking about his new director or something. I guess it wouldn't be that weird if he was really into talking about food kicks/eating habits, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Agreed, I can't imagine that he answered all the questions on TYH. I remember him saying in one Vlive something like “all these questions asking me if I’ve seen this person or that person, I’ll never answer these because I don’t know what they want out in the public domain etc." But it clearly depends on who the person is, because every time Jo Se Ho is brought up somewhere, LDW seems to complain - jokingly - how Se Ho called him again last night or they were hanging out or something. 

I think he's careful when talking about female co-stars. Probably doesn't want to start any rumors lol. Still, I think there is no harm mentioning some of them in passing every now and then, in the right context. Looks highly suspicious when you keep mum about a certain person for 2 whole years. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Lee Dong Wook announced in his IG that he will going to have a VLIVE tomorrow! September 23, 7PM KST

LDW also posted on her IG his selfie with a black mask beside a tree and a photo showing his shoes too. 

Instagram  post 2021.09.22  @leedongwook_official Mid - Autum v live after dong wook actor's lunar new year live "  I am, it's still chuseok! see you tomorrow ( https://vlive.tv/video/263655

:issohappy:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

Latest news: Wookie is doing a vlive tomorrow 23 Sep at 7pm korean time. If only we could understand him off the bat, we could look for hints. Oh well, we will just have to settle for ogling at his face till subs come out. 

Yes! We have a news update about LDW that he will be going to have a V Live tomorrow and he posted it on his official Instagram today. We all wanted an English translation for it soon! 

It would also be nice that Yoo In Na will also have V LIVE too just like other celebrities do. I think Lee Dong Wook is more open and connected to his fans than Yoo In Na. 

Here's one of LDW 's V Live 

• Like 2
  • Love 1