WeLoveSoompi

WOW! I just wanted to say that this series was amazing and the best BL I've watched so far.

I didin't feel any tough break in the atmosphere from the last epsode, I just felt it was well balanced.

The begining was more dense, from the middle to the end it began to get more soft and funny, And after went through this Disney like ending, in wich I think the script was very well, 'cause used the previous knowledge of the situation, and get me surprised 'cause I was expecting the sad ending. I was ok with this ending 'cause even the series talking about this serious subject it was all about a adventure, I feel the series is like a great adventure. So the ending fitted.

BTW, the script of the entire series was amazing, always nice dialogues and etc.

One of the bad things that I saw in this series was OHM playing, he's not a good actor, regardless, the series is amazing

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

however, for me buddhism is not a religion but a philosophy, which are stranger to supernatural. Based on reality and human psychism, it have nothing related with fiction. It is related to wisdom and to lead to annihilate all desire, explaining the solution is inside every person. For me, buddhism rituals (created by religion) as seen into the series are similar to all those that made part of other religions. That why i think fiction/supernatural belong to rituals and not to current of thoughts. As you said, believe in it or not is not the problem, it is just complementary chapter(s) into a novel. So, i let free any other point of view. For back to the series, bouddhism current of thoughts/rituals and miracle can't cement together, but it can create (to me) interesting BL's series including my fav actors, which is a very positive current of desire/pleasure! 

Interesting thing: I agree with almost every word you said, but it doesn't make me to agree with you on the main point from which we started. But it doesn't matter, i'll stop here.;) Also i remember you were saying from the beginning (before watching HICTM) that you not really like series with something supernatural in it.

16 hours ago, deltos said:

I don't get this whole thing of making men into the image of a woman...lol

I don't see it as "making men into the image of a woman", more like opportunity for male-couple to have their own biological baby. It's fiction anyway (heh, i'm repeating myself:D). 99% of fanfiction that i read through my life was from Harry Potter-fandom, where it's easier to make up a way for man's pregnancy because of magic world. But i still didn't like MPREG, always tried to avoid it in the fanfics i read. May be because it's still solely women thing, or i was just not interested seeing children in the stories i was reading.:D

3 hours ago, aniola said:

Also i remember you were saying from the beginning (before watching HICTM) that you not really like series with something supernatural in it.

That's the essential point, i don't like, however, i can watch for ''esthetic'' reasons!:thumbsup:And one (Ohm) is able to unite good looking and good acting that led me to watch the serie!

When i was searching for HICTM-songs, i found a little easter egg. Actress who played Khwan (Thun's mom) is/was music star of 90th too, and her song is also in the series. It's playing in ep.6 when Thun comes home, hears a song and thinks that Met is back.

I watched the clip before i googled her name, and at first i didn't recognize her at all.))

Spoiler

I really like this scene because Thun is questioning all this stereotypical things like if young guy/girl not interested in watching 18+ content (or at least to do it with others:D, or if they just don't do something typical for majority) then others like to mock that there is something wrong with them. And it's quite annoying, and yeah, create uncomfortable feeling.<_<

On 4/18/2019 at 8:20 PM, aniola said:

Now my main question is: if i will have tears after next week final episode, would it be happy tears (because somehow there would be happy ending) or sad tears (because world is cruel place and if person died he stays dead).

I only came to this series three nights ago. I binged watched it in two sessions.

Like yourself I was wondering how it was going to end.

In theory Met is going to move on with his death but I was hoping that just as a human can hang on to life against the odds perhaps a spirit can hang on to death.

There have been a number of cross references to other series in this one, or at least that is the way I have perceived it, and the ultimate was those two opening notes at the graveside. Not saying any more here because I have a few pages to catch up.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:49 PM, deltos said:

well it was put out there...and is resting..so far this director does waste camera time..on nonessential stuff...it all come back so maybe..just maybe when you wish upon a star...LOL

I would agree except, Mes has already say he has broken the rules...using his powers to grasp items etc...so you can't put toothpaste back into the tube...maybe there are a couple other rules that can be broken now...including ( this is far fetched) reincarnating back into your original self/body...I know I'm pushing the envelope here..:joy:  Special dispensation perhaps...well see next week for sure.either way..bring tissues.

What I enjoyed was the fact that there were no detracting side stories. Even the Prince/Plai story was well interwoven. Everything formed part of a whole, we were with the main characters for pretty much the entire time and when we weren't, the secondary characters were talking about them. By the end, the small digressions revealed the reason for their existence.

As I have just said in a post above. Can a spirit hang on to death :)

I now know what the ending was but even beforehand I was reasonably positive. There were just too many coincidences in how all the threads were being pulled together.

There was something for want of a better word, cosmic, at work here. The stuff of destiny.

It did strike me though as a wee bit creepy that the son falls in love with his mother's ex boyfriend who because of his remaining the same age makes mum look like a cougar and him a toy boy. I then got over that thought pretty swiftly and went back to championing the Cosmos against Reincarnation.

On 4/21/2019 at 4:46 PM, aniola said:

Idea about full circle is good, but i don't think that they would/could have waited 6-8 months for proper farewell to Met. Hardly it's in their power to make him stay longer after he'll found out how he died, since not knowing is the reason why he became ghost in the first place. (Actually my guesses were about week or two between Met's leaving and returning, and that finding out about his death is matter of few days.)

But maybe if Met is destined to return he will do in Ching Ming, that would really make full circle.:)

I understood that this was a one off because Prai phones Than to say she has chosen the day - without consulting the two 'people' the most concerned (bad person :) ).

It did get on my nerves a wee bit that each time one asked the other what their feelings were we had an interruption. That is a standard ploy I know but once is fine Mr Director but twice is pushing your luck.

On 5/1/2019 at 5:20 PM, gogole mongol said:

Finally watch 7th and final ep, and the long last one was something i was to savour second after second, because the high tension the screen offered to my eyes, until the last part come and suddenly, all intensity was gone! I was swimming into my emotions when an hollywoodian ending comes to break my pleasure! I know we were into supernatural affair, but why end with a childish fairy-tale?

The positive point (the main one for me), is the pre-ending moment, when i was flooded by emotion, while our two "heroes" talked for the feeling they have for each other, that confirm, if need have to be shown, that both are great and convincing actors. I was ready to accept sad ending, cause for me, it was the only way possible, but why close the series with an undermining script. Is it into the novel? BTW, i have more satisfactions than deceptions because of Ohm/Singto presence and acting, you already knows what i think of the plot!

I don't do sad endings. I was prepared to accept a bit of loss if there was an entire carton of hope served with it but I wanted a positive ending.

I didn't consider it a fairy tale ending because it fitted with the narrative from the first episode : he had died too soon. In that respect it wasn't a case of a happy wish that brought him back to life or whatever ; a real fairy tale. There had been a big build up of just how much one meant to the other so it seemed fitting for me that we got the ending we did.

I did worry for a moment. The moment I heard the opening two notes of "Distant Signals" I knew it was going to be fine. Because of Sotus I went out and bought the album and if ever a short piece of music represented, possibilities or hope that is it - purely because of the visuals for when it is used in Sotus  ;  twice with Kongpob and my favourite scene of Em confessing to May.

That was a clever musical reference to Singto in Sotus and there was a reference for Chimon from Edge of 17, where Plai asks Prince to help her buy Than a present (When Prince wants to date Plai), he tells her that she always knows what to get. In Edge of 17 In asks Sun to buy a present for Ainam (When Sun wants to date In). In tells Sun he always knows what to get.

1 hour ago, dustinmyeye said:

It did strike me though as a wee bit creepy that the son falls in love with his mother's ex boyfriend who because of his remaining the same age makes mum look like a cougar and him a toy boy. I then got over that thought pretty swiftly and went back to championing the Cosmos against Reincarnation.

Yes it did...but we were so deep into Thun/Mes that when we found out I thought 3  things : Wow what a brilliant twist to a story, Ah so that's why mom was especially sensitive to Thun, and ooo that's creepy - but she didn't know he had died, but knew he was gay, had gotten married etc. etc... like you said...there appeared to be cosmic forces at work.

I was annoyed  I get annoyed with Prai and other characters like her (  see Trapped ) who can't read the room correctly...that is, if he doesn't return affection back to you and treats you like a sister-best friend...that's prolly what you are to him move on...it would avoid that whole angst thing... but <sigh>  female actors need jobs too !:joy:

On 5/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, aniola said:

...As i understood all supernatural things in the series are based on buddhism. It doesn't matter if we believe in it or not, it's fiction anyway. Met's come back wasn't even a miracle (it may seems like that only for Thun), it was way out, opportunity which Met took. And it's all explained by three reasons why ghosts can be stuck in the world of living.

My thoughts exactly. The ending did not stray from one of the possibilities previously laid out. Rather cleverly that reason had been allowed to fall by the wayside. The story had become so hinged on the 'knowing why he died' reason we had been sucker punched into forgetting alternatives.

That's good story telling and the director allowed us a lot of contradictory emotions, playing us right until the end. He probably knows how to fish as well !

As for believing, why not ? I have no problems with believing that good Klingons go to Sto'Vo'Kor. What is important is that the world a story revolves around remains true to itself. In this case it did. As this is a Thai series I presume that it does not stray too much from accepted ideas - otherwise it just wouldn't be accepted in the home market. I don't know if it was just me but I had the impression that the Monks could always see Met.

18 minutes ago, deltos said:

Yes it did...but we were so deep into Thun/Mes that when we found out I thought 3  things : Wow what a brilliant twist to a story, Ah so that's why mom was especially sensitive to Thun, and ooo that's creepy - but she didn't know he had died, but knew he was gay, had gotten married etc. etc... like you said...there appeared to be cosmic forces at work.

I was annoyed  I get annoyed with Prai and other characters like her (  see Trapped ) who can't read the room correctly...that is, if he doesn't return affection back to you and treats you like a sister-best friend...that's prolly what you are to him move on...it would avoid that whole angst thing... but <sigh>  female actors need jobs too !:joy:

I'm going to watch the last part again in a while. I think I must have missed the bit where Than's mother realises that her son is in love with her ex. I am not even sure that when she talks about Mes that she spells it out to her son the hint is there and there is the shot of Mes and her confronting each other but I don't remember any dialogue.

Where would stories be if you you didn't have characters that were blind to the in your face obvious ? Of course love IS blind. I did feel though that instead of just getting jealous that Prince who is an intelligent lad should have observed that Than just wasn't interested in Prai. There again that only brings you back to the age old problem of not saying things for fear of losing friends.

11 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

I don't know if it was just me but I had the impression that the Monks could always see Met.

Yep...they always gave me that impression twice at the house and once at the temple...you'd miss it if you weren't looking ...What I don't remember was the 3rd precept for not reincarnating.  I know Thun talked about Mes's red aura and mention 2 of them..the last one was an ah ha ..but it worked. I'm a member of the school of this is the most intelligent BL series that I've seen in a while...this director is seasoned and knows what he's doing. Can't wait to see Dark Blue Kiss which is shooting now with TayNew. See if his magic continues.

16 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

I'm going to watch the last part again in a while. I think I must have missed the bit where Than's mother realises that her son is in love with her ex. I am not even sure that when she talks about Mes that she spells it out to her son the hint is there and there is the shot of Mes and her confronting each other but I don't remember any dialogue.

Thun realized a connection though the drawing of the bracelet and the one his mother was wearing which is how they ended up at the grave site. My comment was more in retrospect of how she managed Thun's coming out. Prior experience in the same situation ( and same man - but who knew then)  LOL

20 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

The moment I heard the opening two notes of "Distant Signals" I knew it was going to be fine.

In Sotus it broke my heart for a short moment. So for me even if it was fine after, there is always this short time where I doubt!

19 hours ago, deltos said:

What I don't remember was the 3rd precept for not reincarnating

1- Life expectancy is not over yet

2- No one pay respect to your grave for the rituals

3- Not knowing the real reason of the dead

20 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

I don't know if it was just me but I had the impression that the Monks could always see Met.

No just you, each time there is a look from the monk to Met!

Archived